Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,888 members, 7,828,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria (511 Views)

Dangote Blasts State Governors For High Poverty Rate In Northern Nigeria / Opinion:Nnamdi Kanu Is Right;Atiku’s Adamawa Was In Northern Cameroon- The Cable / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by computergenius(m): 7:20am On Oct 18, 2019
Sudanese People that settled in Nigeria are: Kwuchi, Nambia, Dongola, Makuria. Kwuchi settled at Bauchi, Auchi and Karauchi. Makuria settled at Makurdi. Dongola settled at Gongola river. Nambia settled at Kanem, Minna and Anambra. Before Nambia reached Anambra Isakiri people called Eri and Edo people called Asu were already living there.Saaria are now known as Oyo. The Yoruba and Igbo in northern Nigeria formed an alliace called Kwararafa against invaders. King Babajide of Saaria lead Kwararafa in battle and defeated an army from the Mali empire at the battle of Bida. He prevented the Mali and Somali from crossing River Niger into Yoruba land. Babajide is called Babayida in Hausa.He married an Igbo woman who gave birth to a son called Oduduwa. The Igbo people are split into two groups: Kwuchi and Nambia are called Igbomina while Makuria and Dongola are called Chukwun or Jukun. The Kwararafa relocated from Zaria, Minna, Bauchi and Borno in the North to Oyo, Benin, Auchi and Kwara in the South.
Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by computergenius(m): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2019
Meaning of the name Igbominna
Igbo-mi-nna means "my relatives in the bush (or forest)". Mi-nna means "my relatives". Igbominna was the ancient name of the Igbo people before their name was clipped to Igbo. Bida means "the place is good". Bida was also known as Nupe in Yoruba. Egypt was invaded and destroyed in 666 B.C. by the Assyrians. During this period Egyptians called Saaria and Shasu left Egypt and travelled by land through Sudan and Chad into Nigeria. With them came many Sudanese people now known as Igbo. The Saaria settled at Zaria and Bida and
are known as Oyo. The Shasu settled at Benin. The Isakiri are Egyptian Fishermen who left the Nile Delta in Egypt and came by boat to live in the Niger Delta. The Isakiri and Saaria are now called Yoruba. The Isakiri people called Eri gave yoruba names to the rivers in Anambra. Omagbara-It brings flood. Agbarabo-It is covered with flood. Eshi or Esi-it changes. Anambra means A-nna-mi-bia which means "my relatives came here". Onitsha means "Ini Isakiri".
Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by TUANKU(m): 7:27am On Oct 18, 2019
Source?
Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by Abdul05: 7:31am On Oct 18, 2019
Imported weed from cuba ..it is very bad to smoke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by Seetto: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2019
Nawa oooo.
Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by tobtap: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2019
which kin nonsense history is this shocked shocked
Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by Rekhina(f): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2019
This is 1000yrs ago
My professor friend told me a glint of dis
Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 18, 2019
Hian

Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by Born2Breed(f): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2019
grin

I wouldn't doubt the Benin own though. The present day Benin(Edo) actually migrated from Egypt.
Re: Yoruba And Igbominna In Northern Nigeria by sofiscatedmoron: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2019
adonja historians have come again

(1) (Reply)

My Dad Was Very Sad When I Was Attacked At Senator Adeleke’s Funeral / Kogi 2019: 156 APC Supporters In Kabba/bunu LGA Decamp To PDP, Burn Broom / Accept Verdict In Good Fate – Okorocha To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.