Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,750 members, 7,827,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect (43326 Views)

How to stop betnaija from charging you / From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison- Suspect / 11,100 Nigerian Women Landed In Sicily As Prostitutes In 2016 - The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Crazeworld(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sorry..

Check my signature for your medical certificate and Printout slips
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Solsix(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ahmed0336:
Wetin N50 fit avoid o had it been he took the phone to where they charge phones.

Victim of circumstances
Have you not charge pH at a friend's house?? It can happen to anyone. Passer by have been arrested and send to prison for a crime that they nothing about. Another name for Nigeria is injustice
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by breezeng: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
I think this should get to our president Mohammed Buhari. I know he's a kind person and dislike injustice. This should also spur our Government and d judiciary to visit all prison custody and detention camps to evaluate d cases of all detainees. We need to be human.
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by LetsNigerianize: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
Nigerian police officers are not different from kidnappers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
[quote author=Ahmed0336 post=83243843]Wetin N50 fit avoid o had it been he took the phone to where they charge phones.

Victim of circumstances [/you no get sense at all kpata kpata u stupid reach your soul.
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by West2019(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
God punished those useless police officer's them will never see good thing in there life to there generation to generations .
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ahmed0336:
Wetin N50 fit avoid o had it been he took the phone to where they charge phones.

Victim of circumstances
you no get sense at all kpata kpata u stupid reach your soul.
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Minjim: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2019
kleverley:
Lawyers, I thought they said before you dub one as guilty, you have to provide evidence? What evidences were tendered to prove their guilt?
Policemen!!! na wa oo

What about the stupid judges working with the corrupt police. Can't he see through them?
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
ornicus:
Mrbrownjay1, this is what i was talking about with you on a different thread.

This is what happens in these parts. You can get lost in the system simply for being in the wrong place. And if you don’t have any family or friend of influence, you can die in detention without any trial.

This stuff happens ALL OVER THE WORLD bro, not only in Nigeria....and thousands are languishing in jails with trumped up charges from dubious cops...but that doesn't mean every person is innocent either.

That boy is lucky, read below the story of the innocent dude who spent 31yrs in US jail, with NO EVIDENCE whatsoever: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/23/fbi-evidence-single-hair-kirk-odom
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by uzoezieh(f): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
Obiaksnews:
Since they are in Abuja, if there is any way this case can be taken to Human rights radio anchored by honorable Ahmed that would be a very good step. He eats cases like this for nourishment.
good suggestion

1 Like

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by PrinceGallant: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ahmed0336:

Victim of circumstances

Yes but what is bad in going to a friend's house if not that our police are ruthlessly unprofessional. But I call it fate . Even if he goes to where they charge phones, the fate will come to meet him there.
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by jbaby4u: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
kleverley:
Lawyers, I thought they said before you dub one as guilty, you have to provide evidence? What evidences were tendered to prove their guilt?
Policemen!!! na wa oo

Sometimes some wicked police Officer will bring proof to support their claims especially if you don’t have money to bribe them .

May God save Nigerians from people who are supposed to protect us .
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Nickymichy(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hmmm...Nawa ooo..am not surprised.. I was a victim of D's kind of accusation.. I went to charge my phone in one business center close to my house.. Only for police to knock on my door DAT I stole phone in a business center..I asked what kind of phone is DAT...d policeman said d phone is worth 15k..I told him to look at my two phones..the worth is 130k,y would I belittled myself with DAT kind of phone...d man no free ooo...b4 i know it..I don dey behind bar... Thank God for my good friend DAT saved me DAT day...I pray God will help u man...

5 Likes

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by omlueh(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
Why won't the useless Judge sentence the innocent Victims when her(Judge) useless, robber, senseless of Politician Husband mismanaged, siphon and under developed the state he govern with the miserable and senseless woman(Judge) by his side, why won't she give such Judgment without proper investigations and enough evidence as backup. Awon were Dede.
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
OP please visit twitter and message a man named @SEGALINK he will be out in two weeks I promise you.

1 Like

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
fidelmarshal199:
The police that made the arrest may think they were doing their job but they were unknowingly sowing curses for themselves, How can you just arrest some random innocent citizens for two years without trial. No wonder Many of them die a gruesome death. I'm close to tears

They die funnily I swear.
They hardly live to the fullest
And I hope the wicked ones never miss hell...so their misery can continue in the afterlife
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by ekaromail: 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2019
I pray for the day Nigerian youths will wake up. Then nobody, not even the criminals in uniform or the politician killing us, will dare rubbish us again.

This story just killed my day. Very sad

1 Like

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by PropertyBase: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
So sad
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by meetmeonline: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Nostradamus:
That woman should sue the police for unlawful arrest and illegal detention of her son.she should ask for compensations.

It's not bad if she makes a killing from the foolish police who decided to arrest an innocent soul cool

BTW,until fellow Nigerians start sueing for unlawful arrest,our police won't stop arresting people.it has now gone so bad that at times, SARS do arrest youths for buying beverages or even using the ATM...

If we don't want nuisance from the law enforcers,then we'd have to make a bold statement condemning such,by using the law.

...as unserious as it may sound, this is very true, they wait in a distance like robbers, monitoring people visiting the ATM to attack with a "let me see your phone" allegation. But most rich youths are foolish. The best time to flaunt cash in Lagos is in the midnights 1-7am (when their danfo bus owner will not have picked them) and never move with a car (hire keke for short distance and maxokada for far places), no dreadlocks or jeans during the day, but they won't listen, too much bank balance will not let them!

3 Likes

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by JamesBond008(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ahmed0336:

Victim of circumstances

Be sympathetic Bro...Life atimes takes us unawares...Learn from the situation at hand. It could have happened to anyone...#Learn
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by eedimo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
To all law enforcement agencies involved in such illegalities, may they not just end up with wrecked lives, their children would eat their flesh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by pedel: 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
You think mistaken identity can't happen where they charge phones.
There is someone in his similar situation now who was arrested at phone charging centres.
You can even be arrested for not being able to provide the receipt of your own phone.
Now you are beginning to understand how screwed up Nigeria is.

Ahmed0336:

Victim of circumstances

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by davidmoyes(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Korllami007:
When people sight Nigeria police and pick race, some idiots will talk say they are doing shady thing that's why they are running.
If people around you are running on sighting police and you think you're innocent so you don't need to run, by the time Nigerian police finish with you ehn, you will start running even if you see boys scout.

I swear bro. Devil Dey learn work for Nigerian police. They make me sleep cell one day for nothing. I just see them and change my walking direction ni oo. And they didn’t allow me to make phone call. Idiots said there was a robbery incident around that area and it never happened. Na crayfish I crayfish. Next time I see them Na to run.

2 Likes

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Ategberoson(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
99.9% of npf are sadist. I will never take a complaint to their desk again since the day me that's a complainant, almost become the accused

thunder fire all npf. no wonder my mom insisted that I won't join npf 7yrs ago

3 Likes

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by omat20(m): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
This is very sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Organs(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ahmed0336:

Victim of circumstances

Nonsense talk. You're supposed to talk about the injustice of the police, the people and our collective failure as a society. Now, the Mosque or Church this guy attends will not get up to help him if hes innocent, however they will collect money from him for tithe.

2 Likes

Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by kleverley(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
Minjim:

What about the stupid judges working with the corrupt police. Can't he see through them?
That's the plight of a common man in Nigeria.
They say the judiciary is the last hope of the common man,whereas in most cases it ain't true.
Even the police that are supposed to protect the citizens end up humiliating them
God help us
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Samson3600(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
fidelmarshal199:
The police that made the arrest may think they were doing their job but they were unknowingly sowing curses for themselves, How can you just arrest some random innocent citizens for two years without trial. No wonder Many of them die a gruesome death. I'm close to tears
not only it is difficult to see a successful retired policeman even their children also suffer for it.
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by kleverley(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2019
jbaby4u:

Sometimes some wicked police Officer will bring proof to support their claims especially if you don’t have money to bribe them .

May God save Nigerians from people who are supposed to protect us .
Little wonder my dad doesn't like the NPF, they'll humiliate you at the slightest opportunity
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by slowice(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
Some people brain is definitely in their anus...... Rather than condemn this injustice, they look for a way to blame the victim. Who does that? Some ve sure lost their minds.
Re: 'From Charging My Phone, I Landed In Prison' - Suspect by Akinh: 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2019
Obiaksnews:
Since they are in Abuja, if there is any way this case can be taken to Human rights radio anchored by honorable Ahmed that would be a very good step. He eats cases like this for nourishment.
God bless you my brother most of us in this country suffer because we don't know the right place to go, instead we indulge ourselves in a circle of illiterate, am sure they go don carry that old woman go herbalist house to help them, while alive of human right activist are out there , and are ready to render their help, and beside, this guy said they were presented before a judge and how will u guys go to court room without who to defend u..and mind u no judges will rule over such case..and u will be even given chance to also defend yourselves.I think it high time we youth started using our brain..is not a matter of been educated here, there are Basie things we should know and learn stead of engaging our faculty of reason in some unbenefitted issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Gets Accused Of Rape By Lady He Ignored For His Laptop (Pics) / Two Armed Robbers Carrying Pump-Action Guns Arrested In Anambra (photos) / ₦25Billion Worth Of Cocaine Smuggled On A Private Plane From Colombia To Uk(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.