Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts (40504 Views)

Stampede Erupts At Ramadan Charity Distribution In Sanaa: 85 Killed, 322 Injured / World's Largest Active Volcano, Mauna Loa, Erupts In Hawaii ( Pics) / Street Fighting Erupts In Battle For Ukraine’s Capital, Kyiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by kingdavid777(m): 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
real matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Tjah: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
whitebulb:
My gee is back let my white biz Begin tongue
ur foolish drug infested brain won't let u read wit understanding, was he arrested before? d father is still in prison custody, its d son dey attempted to arrest dat lead to d upheaval
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by marvin905(m): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
ninetiethcrown7:

Have you ever watched the wire?

nope
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by maxiflexy(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
grandstar:

Billions of dollars are made in the Mexican drug industry yearly hence the have the financial muscle to bribe the security forces.
You are correct.

They seems to have infiltrated the Mexican government. They also have human sympathy for civilians. Saw a clip were one of the gang member with assault riffle went into a restaurant asking all the incumbent to leave because they were about to wreck havoc in the city. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Neddyogu(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
HigherEd:
The guy was like hot akara. The govt held him but he was too hot to hold. So the govt dropped him grin I wonder what sort of firepower would make a militarized police unit decide it was best to drop the prisoner for peace to reign.

Armor-piercing rounds!

2 Likes

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by ninetiethcrown7(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
marvin905:

nope

Try it out. It’s a series, to me it’s the best police drama ever created all about gang and drug culture in America ... it’s a bit old but still gold bro.

Check it out it might be right up your ally.

Sorry, I mean it will

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by samsard(m): 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
grandstar:
For the drug war to end, all the American government has to do is to legalize the sale of cocaine and heroin and undercut the street price of the drug dealers. That will drive them out of business.

Note that cocaine is very cheap to make. It is the illegality of it that makes it expensive. You can buy a kilo for a $1,000 in Bolivia and sell for $35,000 on the streets in America.

The Mexicans don't produce cocaine. Mexican drug barons are simply mules. They help the Colombian drug barons ferry the drugs into the United States. If they are successful, they keep half the drugs.
The problem is the ensuing epidemic.
I have hell withdrawing from a legal prescription medication. Just imagine cocaine then
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by pedi(m): 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
iheartellah:
See these two countries, Mexico and Australia bah nothing go ever carry go these places...
If I may asked why Australia in that your list?

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Dmony: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
I totally agree with you, when they say always be successful in whatever you do. El Chapo a successful criminal
michlins:
When your criminal enterprise forces the hand of the government, that's when you know you have made it in life.

Hate him or like him, El Chapo is a successful criminal and this attest to his success

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by DonBenny77(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
iheartellah:
See these two countries, Mexico and Australia bah nothing go ever carry go these places...
what's wrong with Australia many Nigerian youths are over there.

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by iheartellah(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
trevorhorace:

Why Australia lipsrsealed
high rate of snakes, cocrodiles and spiders. lipsrsealed
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Seamtri(m): 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
Mexico, home of the best drug cartels in the world
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2019
iheartellah:

Australia?

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by iheartellah(m): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Isinweke:

Australia?
yes lipsrsealed
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
iheartellah:
yes lipsrsealed

ok
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by MPESA(m): 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
iheartellah:
Abeg why Australia too?.

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by MPESA(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
iheartellah:
high rate of snakes, cocrodiles and spiders. lipsrsealed

I done die for here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by grandstar(m): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
samsard:
The problem is the ensuing epidemic.
I have hell withdrawing from a legal prescription medication. Just imagine cocaine then

Legalisation does not mean the lack of regulation. There will be heavy regulation which will prevent it entering into the wrong hands. Also, it will be heavily taxed so that the income raised can be used to treat addiction. Money will also be saved from policing.

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hunkusego:
Queen Of The South... go and watch this tv series then you will understand this incident verr well
correct guy
nice movie
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by ibietela2(m): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
iheartellah:
the creatures that reside there ehn, the spiders, crocodiles, SNAKES!!!!!!!! I just won't feel comfortable in that place.

Lol not in the cities na

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by madridsta007(m): 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
marvin905:

I doubt they would do that to a gang member who didn't steal or disrespect them
If you read about him, you will find out that it is only very senior gang members, normally family members or old childhood friends who are gang members, that have access to him.
Anything outside that circle, he will suspect that you are a DEA informant or you work for his rival gang, Zetas. It is then torture and a bullet in the head. These are people that cut the heads of wives and mistresses and send them to rivals in a box.
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by obidark: 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
marvin905:
this is what you call drug cartels..
not the chiwawas we have in Nigeria forming Godzilla..
El Chapo and Pablo Escobar wish I could meet them one on one...

you know nothing....nigeria has drugs cartels too all over the world....
this are not small boys oohh....they are very feared in europe....

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by fowlyansh181(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2019
Plead:
Mexico is a failed state
if Mexico is a failed state, what’s Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by marvelous000: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
grandstar:
For the drug war to end, all the American government has to do is to legalize the sale of cocaine and heroin and undercut the street price of the drug dealers. That will drive them out of business.

Note that cocaine is very cheap to make. It is the illegality of it that makes it expensive. You can buy a kilo for a $1,000 in Bolivia and sell for $35,000 on the streets in America.

The Mexicans don't produce cocaine. Mexican drug barons are simply mules. They help the Colombian drug barons ferry the drugs into the United States. If they are successful, they keep half the drugs.
Aren't you contradicting yourself. If it's inexpensive to produce, what is precluding them from producing in Mexico, when they weild unassailable power in Mexico as highlighted by this thread.
BTW, who even told you mexico don't produce cocaine?
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by webngnews: 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by onoja12: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
Quite there if not for slave mentality you for fit talk.you hear say there police dey run,yet your soldiers dey stand die for you,you still dey blabe nosense.oya move go mexico as nigeria bad

Next2Bezee:
The patrol squad was ill-equipped to deal with the heavy resistance.

But, they made an attempt - that's what differentiates them from their Nigerian counterparts. In this country, even if 10 bullion vans move to and from your house every day, as long as you are in APC, you are untouchable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Omotaday(m): 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
maxiflexy:
Mhen I watch some of the Shoot out clips today on Twitter, damm those Cartels are damm loaded with Assault rifles, I saw a scene were the block a road, shook hands with the military and Military guys just went back inside their car and left.

those Cartels are government on their own, mhen the kind weapons those guys uses Nigerian military are still dreaming grin grin

Narcos series comes to mind
You have link?
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by iheartellah(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
ibietela2:

Lol not in the cities na
True, but what if i wont stay in the city? A friend of mine who resides there said they were in their living room when they heard a sound in the ceiling, they were scared so they called the police when the police came and broke the ceiling guess what dropped....a freaking huge python. Can you imagine?
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by Angelfrost(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
....the various cartels run the show in mexico...hence reason why the mexico sometimes solicits for the assistance of the u.s. special forces...

That's why Trump hates and despises them so much...
Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by grandstar(m): 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
marvelous000:

Aren't you contradicting yourself. If it's inexpensive to produce, what is precluding them from producing in Mexico, when they weild unassailable power in Mexico as highlighted by this thread.
BTW, who even told you mexico don't produce cocaine?

The article below says that the Mexican barons have started making their own cocaine. Before they were entirely dependent on outsiders. So both us us were correct. However, as the article noted, it is a recent development.

I don't think Mexican farmers are used to dealing with security forces. The coca farms are in places like Colombia, Peru and Bolivia where local farmers are used to the authorities who at times air spray the coca plant to kill the plant. In Colombia, the coca farmers have hidden behind the rebels to plant for decades. In Bolivia, the present president is a coca farmer. In Bolivia, taking coca leaf is part of their culture.

Also, will the farmers be able to produce the quantity of coca they need? It will take time before they achieve the necessary critical mass.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-15/mexican-drug-cartels-now-make-their-own-cocaine-colombia-says

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by izibili44: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
marvin905:
this is what you call drug cartels..
not the chiwawas we have in Nigeria forming Godzilla..
El Chapo and Pablo Escobar wish I could meet them one on one... When you are ready let me know.

Re: Mexican Police Free Ovidio Guzmán López As Culiacán Battle Erupts by IjebuWarrior: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
HigherEd:
The guy was like hot akara. The govt held him but he was too hot to hold. So the govt dropped him grin I wonder what sort of firepower would make a militarized police unit decide it was best to drop the prisoner for peace to reign.

They had to stop the gun fire to avoid innocent lives being lost.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Insults Michelle Obama On Twitter. Nigerians React / Dozens Killed As Cyclone Freddy Slams Malawi And Mozambique (Photos) / Catastrophic Flooding In Libya: 2,000 People Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.