Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs (66251 Views)

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by lovemoi2(f): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Good development
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by luvprince4real(m): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
AutoReportNG:
God bless FG and all those who wish it well
for buying a locomotive train that has a maximum speed of 160 and 170km/hr in this 21st century??
Pple like you are the reason why I believe that Nigerian youths are truly lazy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Mrnoniz(m): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by ppogba: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
azpekuliar:

Amen, even though I know the FG has no business doing this and should rather be left to regional/state governments to handle.

Rail projects are rather expensive for the state govts. Except if you are not talking about state govts that are still lamenting their inability to pay N30,000 MINIMUM wage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Conceptman: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
Compare this to what China is currently using as rail transport cheesy this is a good development though

1 Like

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
some people are happy with this nonsense, it God knows how much this piece of trash cost

Since no be your bloda Atikuloser OBItuary is the president...son of hater....you will soon die of bitterness ...

E Ni kuure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by aciza(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by solmusdesigns: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
When you wont travel, you only catch glimpses on TV,

Check all the interstate long range Standard guage trains in US and Europe and come back to clear your trash

luvprince4real:
for buying a locomotive train that has a maximum speed of 160 and 170km/hr in this 21st century??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by chloride6: 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2019
Undisclosed:
Rubbish wen china is using meglev we are using locomotive shame cry

Meglev for freight?

Or for people?
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Ategberoson(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2019
I was 3yrs when I experience train movement last with my mom

I guess I'm going to give it a shot anytime soon

nice one from Buhari

1 Like

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by mofedamijo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2019
Before some of you will come here to spill rubbish, America doesn't have a single high speed rail/train, yes, we shouldn't use America as a yardstick, but we can start from somewhere 170-187km/h is very very very okay. shalom

7 Likes

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Ngirima: 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Check all the interstate long range Standard guage trains in US and Europe and come back to clear your trash

[/s]
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Ngirima: 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Bad guy where you dey since grin

[/s]
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
Conceptman:
Compare this to what China is currently using as rail transport cheesy this is a good development though

You wey you Neva leave the shore of your papa village dey talk about China....you better talk according to your level

2 Likes

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by mofedamijo(m): 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
solmusdesigns:

He is an illiterate..........170km/h should take anyone from lagos-ibadan in less than 25mins, thats cool.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Conceptman: 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
glink2015:

You wey you Neva leave the shore of your papa village dey talk about China....you better talk according to your level
no be fight Nne, did you see where I said it's a good development? At least the rail system is going to be very active and advanced compared to the past,don't be too quick to react smiley the government is working

2 Likes

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by glowingflame7: 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
luvprince4real:

You think it is game? How fast should a train run in Nigeria?
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Undisclosed: 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
chloride6:

Meglev for freight?

Or for people?
go use ur Google well before u speak in public
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Ngirima: 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Many dunce would want a light rail used for short distance inner city metroline

they only watch subway train in Movies and dont know what Standard Guarge Longe distance hualage train looks like

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by micgray100(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
Good direction.. Hope all works before end of 2023...

I register Limited Liability Company with CAC for just 75k.. call or watsapp 0703 272 8941
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by salford: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
FG ditched GE's locomotive. I guess they were too expensive(cost and maintenance).

1 Like

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Ebenaba(m): 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Undisclosed:

I saw the rail tracks and outrightly knew it wouldn't be maglev.
Nigeria can't do that in 10 years.
So slow and steady bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
Undisclosed:

Which one can you produce?
For chrissake don't be a killjoy oh
Haba!!
Babies crawl b4 they walk lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by SEGLIZ: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
in as much I have hope they should realise the waiting is becoming too waiting.
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by FemiMaduka(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
salford:
FG ditched GE's locomotive. I guess they were too expensive(cost and maintenance).

G.E. locomotives are for haulage [heavy freights]. They max out at 120kmph. These are primarily for passenger service.

1 Like

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Legendguru: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Kolping: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2019
Trains used in China...China's first inner-city bullet train line

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by naijadrivablog: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
Undisclosed:

MagLev means magnetic levitation.
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
I chop ban for 2 months
solmusdesigns:
Bad guy where you dey since grin

1 Like

Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by Omonaijani: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
Re: The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs by adenigga(m): 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
azpekuliar:

Amen, even though I know the FG has no business doing this and should rather be left to regional/state governments to handle.

It's like you don't get it.

It is under exclusive legislative list, Just like Aviation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.