Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Scorpion House: My Experience - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Scorpion House: My Experience (6188 Views)

Scorpion House Alert In Lagos / See The House My Uncle Built (pic) / Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Music House; My Honest Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
SCORPION HOUSES IN LAGOS

I need to share my story to all Nigerians

What am going to talk about here is not falacy, myth or false.its real and I'm a living witness.

I've been wondering why things started going south when I moved into this very apartment around Iju-Ishag.I rented this house and moved in with my family 5 years ago. not knowing I have been living in a evil house of Scorpion. Like some New generation Africans, I don't believe in supernatural spirit such as juju or voodoo that's reason why I never thought of my new apartment being the cause of my misfortune or bad luck.

Im not trying to sugarcoat anything here, I will be brief and go straight to the point.

I moved into this house 5 years ago after lots of stress and unprofessional Agent drama and dubious character searching around Lagos for a good choice and not too exorbitant....And i finally got one of my budget within 2 weeks of vigorous searching.

I moved in with my family and that was it.I started issues with my things started going funny and Then dept set in, low business came knowing.i couldn't feed my family, to pay rent and bills became difficult.Stress and frustration was order of the day.

I see people around me especially my friend achieving something great such as moving to their new houses, traveling Abroad,new car etc and there I was, not been able to feed my family 3 square meal. I, including my wife and children were living in abject poverty, stagnation, promise and fail and other unthinkable hardship.

As at that time I felt suicide was an option to end the pain and agony I derived from over thinking I felt I should just die and leave this world so that I can rest. It was that bad.but the only thing that helped was that I started getting closer to God. I started reading Bible and I wouldn't leave home without reading bible in the morning.

Journey of 5 years in that evil house ended when my wife right leg got paralysed.Yes...on that faithful day, she woke up feeling a serious sharp pain on her right leg and that was it. We started going from one hospital and to the other. Series of test and scan. Nothing was discovered until her sister visited us and informed me that a prophet she consulted asked her to tell us that we need to vacate the house ASAP or else something more tragic will Happen and that we have been living in an evil house. Immediately I hear that, I felt she was saying the truth and I have been careless. Before we moved, I decided to invite a pastor for prayer and counseling,As he was about stepping into the house he looked straight up to the brick in front of the house, He said "this house is a evil Scorpion House you have been living in, how did you survive for 5 years" ?

Lo and behold, we moved out that house within a week with the help of my brothers jeep and space but and moved to my father's house. And from that day on my business were greatly restored.though is been 7 months we moved out my wife is still battling with her 1 leg.

I did some research about "Scorpion House"and what I discovered was breathtaking.I came across people with similar experience online.

Continue reading...

Lazarus Obinna (not his real name), returned from Libya in the wake of that country’s political upheaval in 2012 occasioned by the Arab spring which saw the death of Libya’s maximum leader, Mohamman Gaddafi.

Obinna returned with N5million hoping to invest the money in transportation sector, get married and settle down in Lagos. He got house at Balogun bustop along Igando road, Ikotun and packed in a three bedroom flat.

Within six months of his residence in the house, Obinna started experiencing difficulties.
His Pajero model jeep got burnt along Oshodi-Apapa Express Road one Sunday evening as he was returning from his village meeting.
As if that was not enough, one of Obinna’s seven commercial buses that ply from Ikotun to CMS had an accident and killed a pregnant woman; the driver was arrested and the bus was impounded by the police. He spent money to pay compensation to the family of the deceased woman.
A year after that, he was robbed by robbers who stormed his house at Balogun bustop and made away with huge amount of money he had wanted to use to purchase another bus to add to his fleet of buses.
And the worse happened: a lady he proposed to marry visited him one day and died in his arm. He was arrested and prosecuted. He came out of the case after autopsy result which says the woman died of natural causes but Obinna had spent his last dime on the matter

All his commercial buses had been parked before he could be released from Kirikiri prison, due to his drivers’ recklessness and unable to render accounts throughout three months the case lasted. The vehicles were parked because there was no money to repair them.
One day, his cousin who lives in FESTAC town visited him and spotted that the fancy blocks used to build the house were all designed with Scorpion.

“This is the genesis of your problem,” his cousin suggested.
Stories like this are everyday testimonies at all the churches during night vigils and deliverance services, a sort of experiences of those who lives in rented houses carry scorpions on its fancy blocks; a belief making rounds in Lagos State.
Scorpion Houses in Lagos State is a no go area for tenants. Ask agents, landlords and Estate consultants it’s easy for ‘a cow to pass through the eye of a needle than leasing, selling or renting out a house with Scorpion fancy blocks.

But are scorpion houses myth or reality?
“When I wanted to rent a house with my husband in 2005, we were warned by my elder sister who has been living in Lagos not to take a house with Scorpion on its fancy blocks. My sister told me that it’s an evil house. According to her, if we eventually parked in there, we will regret it. ‘You cannot come out there with anything’,” she told me. A sociologist, Christiana Duru told Daily Signpost.
For Bamidele Agbolahon, “it’s dangerous to live in such houses. My sister’s friend saw hell when she rented a house with scorpion some years back. She had several miscarriages and her husband lost her job with an oil servicing company. They sold all their properties and left the house with only their clothes”.
Pastor SMC Nwosu, Chairman of the Nigerian Red Cross Society of Nigeria and an Estate Consultant, said Scorpion houses are not myth. People believed in the stories they hear about it and worked on it. He said it’s difficult to rent a house with scorpion fancy blocks easily in Lagos. “It’s one of our challenges in this career. You don’t find it easy getting people to accept what you are telling them when renting a house out for clients”, he stated.
Another lady who calls for anonymity explained that she went through hell living in a house decorated with scorpion. According to her, she lost everything she entered the house with.

“What will preoccupy your thought is how to sell your properties. You will be hearing hush voices in the middle of the night and some strange sounds and movements. But you will not see anybody. If I discuss about good prospect with anybody in that house; next day I will experience disappointments from that good expectations. It was terrible. I have forgotten that experience and I don’t want to remember it again”, she stated religiously.
Scorpion houses, as they are known, dots almost all the areas in Lagos. From Agege, Ikotun, Iyano Ipaja to Egbeda, to Idimu, Mushin, Oshodi, Ajegunle, Apapa, Ojo, Okoko, Surulere, Yaba, Lagos Island, Badagry, Ebutte Metta and Alagbado, is a common feature.

To some, it’s an ordinary house design which connotes nothing. According to this school of thought, there is nothing spiritual attached to it. However, majority of Lagos residents say it has evil intent.

According to them, such houses are owned by cultists; “it’s the symbol of their cult identity. It’s used to identify the house of their members.

“Let me tell you; if you are a member and you are stranded, immediately you enter one of the houses and showed your sign to the landlord, he will accommodate you that night”, Isaac Johnson, a Danfo driver explained.
“What type of architectural design is that one? Among all the reptiles why is it only scorpion that majority of the houses are using on their fancy blocks and its only here that you see it. If I may ask, is scorpion beautiful or is it a harmless reptile. Don’t you know what scorpion symbolizes?” Philip Okwara queried. “It is a cult symbol and very dangerous one for that matter. My brother no matter what they try to tell you, it has spiritual connotation”, he explained.

Seventy years-old Pa- Jeremiah Okeke, who claimed to be ex- Julius Berger staff that lives at Okota area of Isolo, told Daily Signpost, that such houses belonged to members of secret cult and that the scorpion is their identity.

He narrated how they were cautioned to work on such houses because of certain things the owners were alleged to have been done in such properties. Peter Bassey narrated how their church member lost all his family properties and money while living in a scorpion house.
He said after deliverance was conducted on him, and he left the house that life returned to his business.
A journalist with a leading national newspaper in Nigeria who also pleaded anonymity told Daily Signpost that he was once a victim of scorpion house. According to him, “when I rented a house at Masalachi Bus stop in Ikotun and parked into the house, I lost my job that first month; my son had a serious convulsion that until now affected his psyche. He is eight years now but he doesn’t have himself. I went to a prophet who revealed that I was living in a scorpion house; I went and saw it on the fancy block and immediately I relocated to another house in a nearby neighbourhood.” He heaved a sigh.

It was gathered that the landlords of such houses do not allow the occupants of such houses to conduct prayers, especially the ones that the landlords lived with the tenants.
Meanwhile, Daily signpost investigation showed that because of stigmatisation on houses with scorpion, the landlords of such houses have started removing the scorpion symbols while others have gone a long way to cover the signs from public view.

It was gathered that in Agege area of Lagos, when a landlord of a particular house bearing scorpion symbols died some years ago, that the deceased man’s wife went and remove the scorpion-in- built blocks used by the man who allegedly belonged to a cult. According to the woman, the scorpion was bringing ill-luck to the family.

Our source said immediately the scorpion blocks were removed that things turned around for the family. The general believe of Lagos residents are that such houses are evil houses habituated by ghosts bring ill-luck to occupants of such houses.

Another estate agent, at Okota –Isolo area of Lagos, Martin Olewunne, narrated how for three years he was unable to rent a whole building of six flats because of the stigma of scorpion house labelled on the building.
He said that early before he took charge to rent the house, all the occupants abandoned the house without their rent expiring due to untimely deaths that ravage the families that were occupying the houses

Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by grandstar(m): 12:32am On Oct 19, 2019
I am an estate agent and I experienced this problem houses around Akute. This was like in 2005. My client did not want a ''scorpion'' house. At times, the scorpion sign was conspicuous for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by lyriclekidd(m): 1:29am On Oct 19, 2019
Lol nawa oh
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
grandstar:
I am an estate agent and I experienced this problem houses around Akute. This was like in 2005. My client did not want a ''scorpion'' house. At times, the scorpion sign was conspicuous for all to see.

Stay clear of such house cos the occupants will blame you for it. Some feel it's all joke.5 years of my life wasted. Thank God I'm alive.
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by olaolaking: 1:22am On Oct 20, 2019
MurphyInc:

Stay clear of such house cos the occupants will blame you for it. Some feel it's all joke.5 years of my life wasted. Thank God I'm alive.
What of me that wasted 13 years. I lived the first one for about 8 years without knowing the house was my problem. I moved to another one again until 3 years ago that I began to hear the stories consistently. I just moved away about 6 months ago and I am far from recovering
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by wowdiva: 5:08am On Oct 20, 2019
It is real! Some houses don't even have the scorpion sign, but they are evil houses. We just to be very cautious and prayerful
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by 2special(m): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
l'm still surprised that you rented a house with the scorpion inscription on it, this is a open secret to everyone unless you belong...
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
olaolaking:
What of me that wasted 13 years. I lived the first one for about 8 years without knowing the house was my problem. I moved to another one again until 3 years ago that I began to hear the stories consistently. I just moved away about 6 months ago and I am far from recovering

13 years is not a joke. Only deliverance can heal the wounds caused by such evil environment.ive been put myself for several deliverance.God is more powerful than the devil.
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
2special:
l'm still surprised that you rented a house with the scorpion inscription on it, this is a open secret to everyone unless you belong...

See, The Scorpion on the building isn't exactly like scorpion.its just like a symbol.and information about scorpion/cult house is not known by lots of people.some people are still in the bondage of such house. That's why I make up my mind to expose them.

Peace
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
wowdiva:
It is real! Some houses don't even have the scorpion sign, but they are evil houses. We just to be very cautious and prayerful

I hear so, being prayerful is the only way to avoid such houses.

2 Likes

Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
Open your eyes, investigate that new apartment before you pay for it.

God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2020
Share your experience
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by Sommie1122: 5:51am On Jul 02, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRepqonoMkQ
That's a full video of my scorpion house experience in Lagos
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by MurphyInc(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2022
Sommie1122:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRepqonoMkQ
That's a full video of my scorpion house experience in Lagos

This one is so scary.

I'm glad you are alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by Ejebleje: 8:22am On Feb 12
grandstar:

How about those with cross sign?
Re: Scorpion House: My Experience by grandstar(m): 8:52am On Feb 12
Ejebleje:

How about those with cross sign?

Never encountered problem with those

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Arium Estate Abijo Ajah Lagos,the New Trending Estate,dry Land @7m / MUFASA LUXURIOUS LIFESTYLE APARTMENTS IKATE, LEKKI SELLING! / Cheap Plots Of Land Available In Simawa 10 Minutes Drive After Redemption City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.