Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... (2232 Views)

Soldier Beats A Lady At An ATM Stand In Lagos This Morning (video) / Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hello Nigerians!

Please an urgent assistance is needed and would be appreciated.

Over 80k was withdrawn from the account(" Kids me first account" ) of a female friend ( A widow with two kids). she opened the account last year, for the sole purpose of saving money for her children school fees, etc. Within 24 hours after she requested for the account to be unfreeze because she was told the account was freezed when she wanted to withdraw.

This is a lady that is struggling in raising up her children all by herself.

Here's an excerpt of her conversation with me:

I opened the account last year September and I never went to check it until September this year at ijebu ode branch and I was told it has been frozen.

I went to Firstbank apata Ibadan branch on the 13th of September to complain about the frozen account and one, Mr Tope(a customer service attendant) attended to me and confirmed that the problem was due to the omission of an alphabet in the voter's card I used to open the account and promised to rectify the problem.

I called him on Monday (September 16)and he told me he was still working on it. On Tuesday, he told me to snap my national ID card and send it to him through WhatsApp and I told him I will send it when I get home cos I was at work then. Before I sent it to him that same day, I received a message from Firstbank that I now have unhindered access to the account and I called him immediately to thank him and he said I should still send my national ID card to him again so as to finalize the whole thing and I sent it to him that same Tuesday evening.

On Wednesday,18th of September which was the next day around 2:50pm,I received three alerts continuously of self transfer to one Mr Tiamiyu in Eco bank.I rushed down to Firstbank ijebu ode branch to block the account immediately and I went to Firstbank apata Ibadan branch to complain on Thursday the following day in which they promised to do something about it in which I wrote a letter to back it up.

Nothing has been done to it since then.
And that same week,two different numbers recharged from the account on Friday and Saturday. I saved the two numbers and I was able to screenshot a pics from one of d numbers through WhatsApp.

The first alert was #1500,the second was #50,000 and the third one was #35,000 making #86,500 in total that was withdrawn within 10mins.
The account has no ATM nor any other thing and am the only signatory to the account

PLEASE WE NEED ANY ASSISTANCE WE CAN GET THAT WOULD AID THE RECOVERY OF THE STOLEN MONEY.

Update
I took the advices of all the contributors and I must say, it works.
The money was refunded on Wednesday, last week.
Thank so much to you guys. You are the best!!!
This forum has once again put smile on someone face.
God bless you all!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by carzola(m): 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
Gimme me her number
I will take it up from there.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by OluwasureGig: 11:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
the way money develop wings in people's account these days is scary. lemme quickly location the nearest welder in my area to help me make a 20mm steel padlock to lock the last 1k I have left in my aza :-(

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by pocohantas(f): 1:22am On Oct 19, 2019
So many questions I want to ask,
So many things I want to say, but I can't articulate my thoughts now.

However, the most important thing is what should be done- gladly she has done that.

Maybe this gets to FP and FBN would get in touch with her. She can also escalate the issue to their ogas at the top. A simple mail will fix that.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 19, 2019
Sounds like someone in the bank is collaboing with yahoo boys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Uwaomaokey(m): 1:41am On Oct 19, 2019
ornicus:

So many guys working in the bank nowadays are compromised, you’ll send countless mails to them, the best they can do is to give you ticket and keep going back and forth, unless if you decide to drag them on SM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by chukxie(m): 3:41am On Oct 19, 2019
There's just too much wickedness going on in Nigeria. Just too much! May the poor woman recover her money.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by uboma(m): 5:53am On Oct 19, 2019
Our monies are no longer safe in the banks.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2019
pocohantas:
So many questions I want to ask,
So many things I want to say, but I can't articulate my thoughts now.

However, the most important thing is what should be done- gladly she has done that.

Maybe this gets to FP and FBN would get in touch with her. She can also escalate the issue to their ogas at the top. A simple mail will fix that.

She has sent an email to FBN complaints email address but no response.
Please do you have any email address we can mail to fast track the recovery of the money?
Thanks!
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2019
ornicus:
Collaborating with yahoo boy is understatement, most of them are yahoo boys in disguise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2019
GudPpleG8Nation:

She has sent an email to FBN complaints email address but no response.
Please do you have any email address we can mail to fast track the recovery of the money?
Thanks!

a simple trick

most companies email adresses have specific formats
tbomb@arel.com
tonybomb@arel.com
t.bomb@arel.com

what you need to do is figure out the format, then find out names of relevant ogas in the bank from their website

YOU MUST HAVE all your documentation
you can also copy CPC [consumer protection] when sending your email

use the original mail trail

you will be AMAZED at the speed with which everyone wey dey sleep on the matter will sit up

its called escalation
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Hedonisco: 10:14am On Oct 19, 2019
This is clearly the handiwork of the bank staff. Look no further.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Kendumazy(m): 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lalasticlala, help take this to Frontpage. I think banks should start taking all these bank staffs on excursion to places like KIRIKIRI, give stringent rules and consequences that will make a staff mishandling a customer's account become a taboo. Lastly, banks should improve the welfare of their staffs too. Ordinary, children savings accounts, they just messed it up.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by moonbender(m): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Call this number - 08123821788
Let the EFCC come in for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
ornicus:

a simple trick

most companies email adresses have specific formats
tbomb@arel.com
tonybomb@arel.com
t.bomb@arel.com

what you need to do is figure out the format, then find out names of relevant ogas in the bank from their website

YOU MUST HAVE all your documentation
you can also copy CPC [consumer protection] when sending your email

use the original mail trail

you will be AMAZED at the speed with which everyone wey dey sleep on the matter will sit up

its called escalation

I tried to get such email addresses but I couldn't. However, I'm able to get their twitter handles, I do hope they will see it and do something about it.

Thank you for your helpful contribution.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by crismark(m): 12:14am On Oct 20, 2019
GudPpleG8Nation:
Hello Nigerians!

Please an urgent assistance is needed and would be appreciated.

A female friend ( A widow with two kids) contacted me on how over 80k was withdrawn from the account(" Kids me first account" ) she opened last year, for the sole purpose of saving money for her children school fees, etc. within 24 hours after she requested for the account to be unfreeze. This is a lady that is struggling in raising up her children all by herself.

Here's an excerpt of her chat with me:

PLEASE WE NEED ANY ASSISTANCE WE CAN GET THAT WOULD AID THE RECOVERY OF THE STOLEN MONEY.

Mods, pushing this to where it would get wider audience is an act of help from your side.

Thank you!

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique
It happened to my mom cos her acct manager thought she woz an illiterate and wont do anything. Unluckily for dem she contacted me nd my siblings, we went dere nd threatened we re going to file a lawsuit.

Sharp sharp!! Dey returned all her money.

Banks re thieves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Please, your help is still needed on this. No meaningful response from firstbank. Their twitter help desk, said they need nothing less than 37 days to investigate.
The woman is crying and confused, she had to withdraw the remaining money for the fear of losing all.
I've tried all I could but to be honest, I've run out of ideas and next step to follow.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Yusfunoble(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2019
Uwaomaokey:

So many guys working in the bank nowadays are compromised, you’ll send countless mails to them, the best they can do is to give you ticket and keep going back and forth, unless if you decide to drag them on SM.

This is why I don’t sort any banking issue with mail or even bank Hall. I drag their ass on Facebook or twitter.

Take them to social media, they will answer you sharp sharp.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by aminulive: 11:17am On Oct 24, 2019
THIS STORY IS SOMEHOW.....OP DID NOT MENTION ANY NAME, EMAIL OR PHONE NUMBER THAT COULD HELP VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF HIS CLAIMS!!!...NOT EVEN SCREENSHOTS OF ALERTS OR EVEN THE LETTER.

HOW THEN CAN WE KNOW THERE IS TRUTH TO THIS STORY?
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
aminulive:
THIS STORY IS SOMEHOW.....OP DID NOT MENTION ANY NAME, EMAIL OR PHONE NUMBER THAT COULD HELP VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF HIS CLAIMS!!!...NOT EVEN SCREENSHOTS OF ALERTS OR EVEN THE LETTER.

HOW THEN CAN WE KNOW THERE IS TRUTH TO THIS STORY?

These are the screenshot of the debit alerts. Note the 100# recharge, it was after she quickly withdraws the remaining money, that they started recharging on the account. If not, they would have remove all the money in the account.

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
Yusfunoble:

This is why I don’t sort any banking issue with mail or even bank Hall. I drag their ass on Facebook or twitter.

Take them to social media, they will answer you sharp sharp.
Bro, how did you go about yours on twitter because it seems I'm not getting this twitter thing?. However, here's the screen shot of their response on twitter, saying we should wait for within 37 days for them to investigate.

Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:50am On Oct 25, 2019
Why am I this angry?
Why waiting? Go to ur FBN and cause a scene. Get a lawyer. Do anything, everything. Make sure u keep to ur phone where d evidence at.
Re: Pls Help! Over 80k Withdraw From An Account That Has Never Had An ATM Card..... by Yusfunoble(m): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2019
GudPpleG8Nation:

Bro, how did you go about yours on twitter because it seems I'm not getting this twitter thing?. However, here's the screen shot of their response on twitter, saying we should wait for within 37 days for them to investigate.

I use Facebook during mine, it’s Access bank. I think you went too defensive with you message. Make a twit and tag them with other influentials. Goto Facebook too and spam all their posts with the matter and add that tracking ID number. Sit down and relax, they will return your money.

(1) (Reply)

Benin City Becoming War Zone As Cultists Clash, ACP Shot Several Others Injured / Video: Yahoo-Yahoo Boy Who Turned Into A Snake Killed By His Own Mother / Dowen College: Photos Of Alleged Killers Of Sylvester Oromoni Surfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.