Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today (21064 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 85th Birthday With Novelty Match (Video, Photo) / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by channelads: 8:47am On Oct 19, 2019
Happy birthday fine boy Gowon

Check my siggy for social media Promotions for your business

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by kelvxyn: 8:47am On Oct 19, 2019
Whenever I see gowon, I remember late gen Ejoor. God bless dem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by BafanaBafana: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2019
VivaDeAngelo:
When is he going to make confession for the role he played over the lost of millions of lives during the Civil War. Time is gradually ebbing away for him and the day of reckoning beckons.
Ojukwu never confessed before he died too. The real reason Ojukwu went to war was because the eastern region was "divided into 3 tiny states" (his exact words). He didn't want his influence reduced so he went to war and sacrificed a lot of his people for his own personal ambition

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Patrioticman007(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2019
nototribalist:
This one doesnt want to go answer his judgement day question how he murdered my people in cold blood. you think you can fool God
...l

Just like Ojukwu , who is already roasting in Hell, because of thousands of life's he sacrificed to his gods on iroko trees.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by wellmax(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2019
Go
On
With
One
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Enculer: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2019
Evil man. Fulani slave.

His people enjoyed the gift of the Fulanis a bit but will fully enjoy it when the South leaves them with the North.

Very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Hexos01(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2019
We are making difference

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Cherrybae(f): 8:55am On Oct 19, 2019
Look at ojukwu the coward and badtard who led over 70million of our people to early grave and ran away.

Same thing the terorists Abino and self acclaimed Igbos God Nnamdi did .

Happy birthday Gowon. You are a legend a Hero for defeating and keeping Biafra way the waste bin.

May God bless your new age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2019
Happy Birthday Sir.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Ngirima: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:
Look at ojukwu the coward and badtard who led over 70million of our people to early grave and ran away.

Happy birthday Gowon. You are a legend a Hero for defeating and keeping Biafra way the waste bin.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by olasaad(f): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2019
VivaDeAngelo:
When is he going to make confession for the role he played over the lost of millions of lives during the Civil War. Time is gradually ebbing away for him and the day of reckoning beckons.

Did Ojukwu answered this question He even died without apologising to you people and as a friend of Hausa/Fulani.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by aninibinladen: 9:02am On Oct 19, 2019
horsepower101:
His Tivi people are enjoying the Nigeria he fought for with routine Fulani massacres and he never says a word about it.

But anytime IPOB gets hots, he comes out to make media statements about how the unity of Nigeria is not negotiable.

He cares more about what the Igbos choose to do with their destiny than the impending disaster the destiny of his own people is turning out to become. They may become extinct and their land lost forever.

He was used by the north and the British to do the dirty job of maintaining this quagmire called Nigeria.

Olodo, is Gowon Tivi from Benue or Angas from Plateau? History seriously needs to be re-introduced in schools, you have failed your Primary, Secondary and tertiary teachers grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by jieta: 9:04am On Oct 19, 2019
horsepower101:
His Tivi people are enjoying the Nigeria he fought for with routine Fulani massacres and he never says a word about it.

But anytime IPOB gets hots, he comes out to make media statements about how the unity of Nigeria is not negotiable.

He cares more about what the Igbos choose to do with their destiny than the impending disaster the destiny of his own people is turning out to become. They may become extinct and their land lost forever.

He was used by the north and the British to do the dirty job of maintaining this quagmire called Nigeria.

Boss, this man is not a tiv man maybe you should educate yourself very well about him.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by 3Hopeblog(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2019
ornicus:
Useless man. Typical example of the Nigerian elite. This fucker was engaged by Pfizer to quash the fallout of the drug trial where kids were maimed for life

the man actually said the life of a nigerian child is not the worth of the life of an oyibo child

a former president of nigeria

So sad that they were able to kill 234 next. Then again premium times is the Phoenix from 234next’s ashes

https://www.nairaland.com/582533/gowon-bayero-worked-pfizer-against

Chai! 234next.com I miss that News site.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by aewhydot: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2019
horsepower101:
His [/b]Tivi[b] people are enjoying the Nigeria he fought for with routine Fulani massacres and he never says a word about it.

Gowon is not Tiv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Samfloxin(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2019
The day he will die, I wonder what 2million biafrans he killed will do to him in the land of the spirit. He will not have peace at all cos they will just rush him

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Jabioro: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2019
bolaino:
He is the Father of Nigeria Because he ended the Nigeria - Biafra War.
Who told you so..Go back to history analysis..to see how his mumu was graded..Awolowo were the brain behind..

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Etinosa1234: 9:20am On Oct 19, 2019
Samfloxin:
The day he will die, I wonder what 2million biafrans he killed will do to him in the land of the spirit. He will not have peace at all cos they will just rush him

Just look at ur sef

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by NigeriaEngineer(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2019
Happy Birthday Uncle Gowon...little is known about that great woman beside him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Hitler5: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2019
Gowon is the worst terrorist yes ..beacuse he had a hand in the death of our former great leader general muritala Muhammed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by demo03(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2019
happy birthday to grandpa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Emmanuelhector(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2019
Cherrybae:

you know nothing.. OK let's keep dancing to buhari's tone

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2019
Happy Birthday to the man who brought the developers to their knees. till now, they still dont want to develop their region. They claim to be developing for others grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by doclatom(m): 10:01am On Oct 19, 2019
I'm not happy with Gowon for these reasons:

1. His role in Nigeria's civil war was ignoble. If you know, you know. He was the one who recruited the mercenaries from Niger and other neighbouring countries to finish off
Biafran civilians left untouched by the Nigerian army during the war. The mercenaries were called "GODOGODO". If you know, you know!
2. He was the one, as part of the deal in hiring the "GODOGODO" signed and sealed the agreement that the Fulani herdsmen have been using as excuse to invade Nigeria up till now. I mean the issue of grazing routes.
3. His silence as his kinsmen are being killed left, right, and center by Fulani militia/herdsmen is criminal and complicit to say the least.
4. He's the only ex head of Nigeria who's been ass-licking and bootlicking Buhari as at today. Even, Ernest Shonekan has shown more sense than him.

Anyway, I honour him on this day. Happy birthday to him. May he live long so as to personally experience the resultant horror he unleashed on hapless souls and the evil he condoned thinking it won't touch him. Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by EagleSquare1(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2019
Congratulations to General Yakubu Gowon for reaching such an old age. All glory be unto the Lord for sparing you this long. You will fondly be remembered for your service to your nation Nigeria and to humanity. May God watch over you everyday and grant you peace. Amen

“Cheers”

bolaino:
Sir it is with great humility and Respect that I wish you a Happy Birthday, and I wish you Good Health Long Life and Prosperity. there can never be a Man Like you in this world sir. you are a A Legend and your name will never be forgotten forever. Thank You Sir.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsUBCHdZwQ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by EagleSquare1(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2019
With all these comments you can’t claim to be honouring Gen Gowon on his birthday.

If you know what a war situation is then you will know how not to be one sided. The Biafra leadership didn’t hire mercenaries as well just to come and have a cup of tea...or palmwine.

War situations can be pretty complex and defiant

doclatom:
I'm not happy with Gowon for these reasons:

1. His role in Nigeria's civil war was ignoble. If you know, you know. He was the one who recruited the mercenaries from Niger and other neighbouring countries to finish off
Biafran civilians left untouched by the Nigerian army during the war. The mercenaries were called "GODOGODO". If you know, you know!
2. He was the one, as part of the deal in hiring the "GODOGODO" signed and sealed the agreement that the Fulani herdsmen have been using as excuse to invade Nigeria up till now. I mean the issue of grazing routes.
3. His silence as his kinsmen are being killed left, right, and center by Fulani militia/herdsmen is criminal and complicit to say the least.
4. He's the only ex head of Nigeria who's been ass-licking and bootlicking Buhari as at today. Even, Ernest Shonekan has shown more sense than him.

Anyway, I honour him on this day. Happy birthday to him. May he live long so as to personally experience the resultant horror he unleashed on hapless souls and the evil he condoned thinking it won't touch him. Amen!
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by EagleSquare1(m): 10:15am On Oct 19, 2019
Awo sat in the War Room abi. OBJ and Black Scorpion were directors under Awo. Nor be so? Read your history books, you will not read!

Jabioro:
Who told you so..Go back to history analysis..to see how his mumu was graded..Awolowo were the brain behind..

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by OneKinGuy(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2019
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
THE GREAT UNITER

To all those who still hate Gowon, Take time and watch all these video in this playlist,
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6J1OzLHamQ-jJKBo1st6QSA_x8SgMWN8
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Ayofe61: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2019
Happy birthday to you sir,long life in good health and grace of God. Age gracefully sir

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by doclatom(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2019
EagleSquare1:
With all these comments you can’t claim to be honouring Gen Gowon on his birthday.

If you know what a war situation is then you will know how not to be one sided. The Biafra leadership didn’t hire mercenaries as well just to come and have a cup of tea...or palmwine.

War situations can be pretty complex and defiant

See, I'm tempted NOT to respond to you but I'll resist the temptation this once.
I mentioned REASONS why I'm not happy with him. I mentioned his ignoble roles during the war. We're discussing Gowon today. So, basically, everything should centre round him and his deeds.
What's complicated about war history. You do am àbí you no do am? Simple. If you want to excuse yourself, then go write a book of lie or truth and state whatever you wanna write there!
I honour him. And I've equally prayed for him. If you're unhappy about that, I'm sorry I'm not sorry at all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight / IPOB Asks Buhari To Stay Away From South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.