Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). (6820 Views)

Meet Boskoto "The Shortest Councillor In Nigeria" (photo). / Is This Well Located In Nigeria? (Photo) / How did Tb Joshua fake this miracle PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by kettle84(m): 5:31am On Oct 19, 2019
In a period when majority of roads Nationwide are nearing a state of collapse due to poor dualization.Supposing these roads were done with modern methods of road construction like it is done in developed countries we wouldn't be in this mess.

The picture below is a road dualization site in far away Germany.They make use of very strong materials and rods to lay the framework of the roads. Imagine if East-west road stretching from Port Harcourt to Delta or Aba-Portharcourt,Ikot-ekpene-Aba,Umuahia-Aba, Lagos-badagry,Lagos-Ibadan,Enugu-onitsha roads and so on where constructed like this,they would last more than one hundred years but unfortunately we are in a situation where contractors pour asphalt on the ground and disappear into tiny air only for the road to become a man made death trap and no one brings them to book.

We pray the government to catch earring contractors and make them to construct our roads like this ,now that the government is prioritizing infrastructure development.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by hisgrace090: 6:09am On Oct 19, 2019
I call them "SANE PEOPLE"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by 2undeee(m): 6:16am On Oct 19, 2019
Na Daura b dis now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Izzyovercomer: 6:19am On Oct 19, 2019
When we get a sensible President that's not controlled by anyone and has a great taste for quality and zero tolerance for poor performance.

Meanwhile, Nigeria will struggle to work under this unworkable structural arrangement; How can we have a Federal and State road in a State government? Let's every President start gradual restructuring from where tingle his fancy. Let Bubu start his own at least by removing this tag "federal roads and State roads" and increase State government allocation so that every road in all the states will be construed and reconstructed by the state governments as their sole responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by kettle84(m): 6:22am On Oct 19, 2019
hisgrace090:
I call them "SANE PEOPLE"
It amazes me that with all our natural and human resources we are not making progress.

In 1945 Germany was in shambles due to the destruction they suffered in the hands of the allied powers during world war 2 but in few years they became the number one economy in Europe and one of the best industrialized countries in the world.

Their public transportation system is 100% solar powered they are nearing having 20% carbon emission.Their cities are carbon free despite having many industries.

They have no natural resources but brains and unity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by oz4real83(m): 6:23am On Oct 19, 2019
We have the resources but unfortunately, leadership and followership have always failed us. I added followership because a bad followership will beget a bad leadership. Every bad leader was once a bad follower.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by hisgrace090: 6:28am On Oct 19, 2019
kettle84:
It amazes me that with all our natural and human resources we are not making progress.

In 1945 Germany was in shambles due to the destruction they suffered in the hands of the allied powers during world war 2 but in few years they became the number one economy in Europe and one of the best industrialized countries in the world.

They have no natural resources but brains and unity.

As a people our major problem in Nigeria is greediness/selfishness we will develop the day we will stop converting national resources to ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by dadalicious: 6:29am On Oct 19, 2019
Lalasticlala, come see how oyibo dey do road oh.
Reinforcementdey cry for here.
I wonder how many bags of cement go enter before asphalt will be laid.
Under the reinforcement the subbase must have been stabilised.
That's how to construct road on low bearing capacity soils.
Call our government to see this

3 Likes

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by seunmsg(m): 6:29am On Oct 19, 2019
I’m not an engineer so I don’t know much about road construction. With what I saw in the picture however, it very likely the Germans are constructing a cement road. This kind of road also exist in Nigeria. The Lokoja-Kabba road that is nearing completion was done exactly like this.

Asphalt road is what is more popular in Nigeria due to cost I think. I don’t think asphalt roads needs this kind of iron reinforcement.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by WonderManly(m): 6:45am On Oct 19, 2019
Currently: This is happening in some parts of Nigeria right now....

3 Likes

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by jom28gy(m): 6:48am On Oct 19, 2019
it can happen, just a good leader with vision and focus
Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:55am On Oct 19, 2019
We re getting there Wharf road and apapa oshodi on going construction road by hitch are not deference from this.moreover the concrete is in two layer the first layer and second layer is like 5 inche make it 10 inches

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:16am On Oct 19, 2019
We have a long way to go
Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by oz4real83(m): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2019
seunmsg:
I’m not an engineer so I don’t know much about road construction. With what I saw in the picture however, it very likely the Germans are constructing a cement road. This kind of road also exist in Nigeria. The Lokoja-Kabba road that is nearing completion was done exactly like this.

Asphalt road is what is more popular in Nigeria due to cost I think. I don’t think asphalt roads needs this kind of iron reinforcement.
the cost of concrete road is more than twice that of tar but it last more than twice the lifespan of asphalt roads. Flood doesn't also affect concrete roads unlike asphalt. The more the flood, the stronger the concrete road becomes.

2 Likes

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:11am On Oct 19, 2019
kettle84:

We pray the government to catch earring contractors and make them to construct our roads like this ,now that the government is prioritizing infrastructure development.
Government cannot catch government! It's we the citizens that will hold them accountable

Many of them owns these companies

1 Like

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Bighead9: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2019
This can happen in other regions in this Country but, it can never happen in the East. They have a thing with sub-standard Infrastructures and everything.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by horsepower101: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2019
No serious country on this earth ever hopes in miracles.

They use their brain and hard work to develop themselves.

China don’t even pray to God yet they developed in 30 years. While we are praying for miracles

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by madenigga(m): 8:27am On Oct 19, 2019
Nigeria doesn't have this kind of money.

Nigeria that its excess crude accounts, and offshore reserves is not up to 50billion dollars.
Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Kendumazy(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2019
It's possible for all our roads to be like that but corr and contract inflation wouldn't.
Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by HimName: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2019
Fyi

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Lush100(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2019
pickatyou:
Its being done on that oshodi express road. That might be the only good thing to come out of Lagos this year.
What's the gadget in the picture on ur quote used for sir
Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by vanunu: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2019
Bighead9:
This can happen in other regions in this Country but, it can never happen in the East. They have a thing with sub-standard Infrastructures and everything.

Go to ebony state and see concrete road.

1 Like

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by shosky1794: 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
So you want 1km road to now cost 10bn naira in Nigeria.
The same way Ibese-Ilaro and Ibese-Imashai Roads were constructed though. But they were done by Dangote and all other similar roads that have been mentioned have something to do with Dangote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Lamasta(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2019
Its ongoing in Lagos na Apapa - Oshodi expressway I think.

But all in all our road network here is in very porous condition and in dire need of urgent attention especially Lagos
Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by surgical: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
topstone4:
It will only happen after the likes of , buhariguy, seunmsg, simplyleo are no more. Their existence itself spells backwardness to Nigeria. Those guys are not Patriots; they are politically loyal traitors. They are commiting treason against the future of their children.

Unfortunately, they are too blind to see
your are supposed to get over a thousand like on this post because it is a patriotic post but because it is not bbb naija, tacha,and other non profitable but useless posts,it will be ignored.

1 Like

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by Ahmedona: 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2019
Did you see the Cele to Oshodi road construction going on presently in Lagos? Iron rods were used there also. Give it to Hitech any day any time.

1 Like

Re: When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). by asgard01(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
in offsets voice... *never never never

(1) (2) (Reply)

Long Journey And Side Attractions To 2023 / "wake Up, Tackle Insecurity" – Bode George Charges Tinubu / Senators Seek Life Imprisonment For Rapists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.