Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number (4129 Views)

Is It Illegal To Change The Color Of My Plate Number From Commercial To Private / Faded Plate Number An Offense? / What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by inas911(m): 7:19am On Oct 19, 2019
I just bought a car (Naija use) and comes with a Lagos plate number. A police officer stopped me and said my plate number is not assigned. I showed him all the registration papers, he refused and said he was going to cease my car. I had to give him 5k before he let me go.

I confirmed it online. It says plate number VALID BUT NOT ASSIGNED.

Pls guys, how do i fix this?
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by uboma(m): 7:40am On Oct 19, 2019
Corruption runs in the blood of the Nigerian Police.

3 Likes

Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Jasen1(m): 7:43am On Oct 19, 2019
inas911:
I just bought a car (Naija use) and comes with a Lagos plate number. A police officer stopped me and said my plate number is not assigned. I showed him all the registration papers, he refused and said he was going to cease my car. I had to give him 5k before he let me go.

Oga go to VIO and get the answer you seek
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by realphatphem: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2019
Would like to read more comments here to guide me as I'm also about getting naija used car.

1 Like

Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Avedonn: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2019
inas911:

Please how did you check it online.

1 Like

Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Conner44: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
inas911:

Did you purchase and register the car yourself? Is the plate number I’m your name?

If your answers are yes then give a little time for the federal government worker handling linking your personal details to the plate number to do his job. It may take months or years.

Main thing is you shouldn’t give any police bribe for this particular case anymore. If they bring your notice to it next time just tell them that it’s not in your hand to upload your details to government plate number database. They should leave you alone. Highest N500 at the most if push becomes shove.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by ricki: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
Checked mine

Good to go

Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Guest911: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
I just checked mine https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/
Mine says
vehicle make: Camry
Vehicle color: custom
Does this mean I can change the color of the car to whatever I want??
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Conner44: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2019
Guest911:
Mine says

custom colors means the car has a type of color that is not distinctive or distinguishable at a glance.

Colors like yellow, green, blue etc are all regular colors and would be written as thus on your papers but custom means you might have an odd color like sky/navy blue, maroon red, aqua green etc

So if you’re repainting make sure you don’t paint a regular color or the authority in charge can impound your car and correct it’s registration details.
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by FEGEITOK: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2019
inas911:

Call/chat Police CRU on 0805 700 0003 or tweet/tag @PoliceNG_CRU and provide full details of occurrence, including When/What/Where/Who/Whom/How/Why be willing to spend 30 minutes and you will go without paying, stories abound online of how they saved others and I've been saved too

1 Like

Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Guest911: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
FEGEITOK:

Call/chat Police CRU on 0805 700 0003 or tweet/tag @PoliceNG_CRU and provide full details of occurrence, including When/What/Where/Who/Whom/How/Why be willing to spend 30 minutes and you will go without paying, stories abound online of how they saved others and I've been saved too
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by ogawisdom(m): 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
Conner44:

custom colors means the car has a type of color that is not distinctive or distinguishable at a glance.

Colors like yellow, green, blue etc are all regular colors and would be written as thus on your papers but custom means you might have an odd color like sky/navy blue, maroon red, aqua green etc

So if you’re repainting make sure you don’t paint a regular color or the authority in charge can impound your car and correct it’s registration details.

Can silver color pass for custom color
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Guest911: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
My car color is black right now
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Conner44: 9:09am On Oct 21, 2019
ogawisdom:

Can silver color pass for custom color

Silver is not a custom color. It’s very distinctive
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Conner44: 9:11am On Oct 21, 2019
Guest911:
My car color is black right now

If it’s never been sprayed before since purchase then it might be a ‘supposed’ shade of black.
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by pocohantas(f): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2019
Seems the person you bought it from took out the former number plate and wasn't kind enough to inform you.

After registration, it takes some time to be linked to your car. They could be pretty lackadaisical, so it might take weeks or months.
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by 3kay945(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
Guest911:
Mine says

Finally I got valid and assigned on FRSC site. It used to be valid but not assigned.
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by ITbomb(m): 1:58am On Oct 22, 2019
Is that even the duty of the police?
That is one of the reasons a front cam is necessary
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by andisa: 5:55am On Oct 22, 2019
Your car registration process is incomplete, take all your car documentation (demonstrate proof of ownership) to FRSC office and make your complaint concern known to them and request for them to complete the process which take less than 5minutes but as usual you will be required to part with some cash (<5K).
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by jossytech(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2019
I just got word, it's nivs website not been updated, I was told all new plate no has this status and it frsc agency not updating all info on their website to reflect what is filled by vehicles owners

Solution to this. Synch their servers and website to update latest vehicle records. Thank you

Mine was like that too, its not ur fault. Once is valid. Period.
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by Isaaco82: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
jossytech:
I just got word, it's nivs website not been updated, I was told all new plate no has this status and it frsc agency not updating all info on their website to reflect what is filled by vehicles owners

Solution to this. Synch their servers and website to update latest vehicle records. Thank you

Mine was like that too, its not ur fault. Once is valid. Period.

Please if I buy a Naija used car and the seller did not remove the plate number,what are the things I should do to avoid FRSC wahala if i am yet to have funds to get my own plate number?
Re: I Paid Police 5k Cos Of My Plate Number by thebigkendo(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
FEGEITOK:

That is if the call goes through abi?

(1) (Reply)

The Difference B/W Corolla LE And Corolla Sports ? / I Need Help To Prevent Further Cracks On My Dashboard. / My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.