Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Advice On Visa Appeal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On Visa Appeal (12831 Views)

Fed Govt Goes Tough On Visa Issuance To Stop Terrorists / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hi all,

I've been following the website since over a week about the visa appeal. I applied for UK family visit visa in July 2010 to visit my elder brother and was refused in the same month. Filed appealed Aug 2010 through the UK Embassy in Lagos later sent to tribunal service and assigned appeal number in September 2010. My elder brother is in UK and is my sponsor, he will incurred all the expenses for the trip, does the embassy will still ask for my bank statement if my appeal is allow?

My personal bank statement is in lower balance now and the company I worked for, usually pay my salary in cash not to the account. Whenever I was paid, the salary goes to different expenses couldn't have anything to deposit in my account since October 2010.

Can anyone give advise on what I can do on the account? The tribunal said they may make decision on my appeal on or after December 2010. It's paper hearing. I'm asking because I don't want anything to jeorpadise my chance of getting the visa after the appeal is allow.

Anyone advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by Vicjustice: 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
debenjie:

Hi all,

I've been following the website since over a week about the visa appeal. I applied for UK family visit visa in July 2010 to visit my elder brother and was refused in the same month. Filed appealed Aug 2010 through the UK Embassy in Lagos later sent to tribunal service and assigned appeal number in September 2010. My elder brother is in UK and is my sponsor, he will incurred all the expenses for the trip, does the embassy will still ask for my bank statement if my appeal is allow?

My personal bank statement is in lower balance now and the company I worked for, usually pay my salary in cash not to the account. Whenever I was paid, the salary goes to different expenses couldn't have anything to deposit in my account since October 2010. . .
   Well, as we do not know the exact grounds of your visa refusal, it may be unwise to advice.
   But given that your financial circumstance is questionable, my question is: If you don't have reasonable money in your account, and you've been refused a visa apparently for this reason, then what are you appealing against?
   Appeal simply means: a legal proceeding in which you resorts to a higher body for the purpose of obtaining a review of a lower body's decision and a reversal of the previous judgment or the granting of re-consideration when you think a decision is unjust or has breached your rights. But i do not think the ECO's decision is wrong and appealable in this occasion.

debenjie:

. . .Can anyone give advise on what I can do on the account? The tribunal said they may make decision on my appeal on or after December 2010. It's paper hearing. I'm asking because I don't want anything to jeorpadise my chance of getting the visa after the appeal is allow.
   The biggest risk of jeopardising your chance for the visa is; attempting to play smart with your account statement by ultering the figures. Do not ever try to temper it as it will definitely be detected and you'd be banned from the UK for 10 years.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401198.0.html
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hi Vic,

Thanks for your response.

Attached is the refusal letter. I will send you copy of the appeal letter if you request for it.

Thanks.

Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by Vicjustice: 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2010
I see that you're online, please wait, while i read your letter and get back to you.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2010
Ok thanks. Waiting for the response so as to send the copy of the appeal letter I sent to the tribunal and so to see if I will need to send any documents to them before the decision in December.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by Vicjustice: 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2010
My friend, things are easier when done orderly, you should have made adequate arrangements to make yourself qualified for the visa before going for the application. Honestly, as hard as it is to say, i judge that you made it so easy for the visa officer to reach a decision, and as harder as it is to say further, you don't stand much of a chance in your appeal except for a miracle.
   This is not a case of ill wishes, but let's just be fair; your own brother (who you claimed to be your sponsor) has probably not demonstrated enough willingness or provisions to support your application by his omission to provide:
* Evidence of his financial circumstance
* Willingness to maintain you in the UK
* Evidence of his employment
* Accommodation details for you and,
* Has not shown convincing interest to cover all expenses.
Mind you, his immigration history also plays a major role.
   Bedsides, the money you claim to be making in a month (£133) is deemed ridiculous in the eyes of the visa officer who knows fully well that an ordinary sales girl in the UK can make that amount in just 2 days. So, how would he be convinced that you're going to be a genuine visitor in the UK?
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
Vic thanks for your reply.

I provided everything from my elder brother like his bank statement, paystubs, his status in the UK and the biodata page. Read through the appeal letter I sent with additional copy

Visa Section (Appeals),
British High Commission,
Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Ma,

RE: APPEAL OF REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE

I write to appeal the refusal of my visa application to visit the United Kingdom. I believe my application was unfairly treated based on the following issues;

Earnings: As written on the application form, I work as a sales officer for March and May Ltd earning 40, 000 Naira grossly every month (backed up with the submitted employer’s reference letter and payslips) and 30, 400 Naira as net income (backed up the submitted payslips). The income and expenditure, section 5.10 of the application form requested for monthly net income which in my case is 30, 400 Naira.

Based on this fact, I don’t think there is any discrepancy because it is a widely known fact that an employment/salary offer is always based on gross earnings just as provided by my employer and the application form requested for monthly net income which was rightly provided. As a matter of emphasis, my gross monthly salary is 40, 000 Naira and monthly net income is 30, 400 Naira. Kindly consult the submitted documents in question to confirm the aforementioned facts.

Personal bank statement: I receive my monthly income in cash as noted in the submitted payslips and that is why there is no record of salary deposits in my bank statement. March and May Ltd is a duly registered small business enterprise in Nigeria and pays monthly in cash which I believe it is the easiest form of payment for the company just like any other small businesses in Nigeria and probably elsewhere. I normally take care of my monthly expenses before depositing whatsoever is left in my personal account as indicated in the submitted bank statement.

Additionally as written on the application form and the invitation letter, my brother the sponsor will be responsible for all expenses incurred for this visit and to that effect, he provided his bank statements and payslips which were submitted alongside the application form as evidence of financial capability. So, I believe strongly that my brother will cater for me adequately during my stay in the UK. Kindly consult the submitted documents to confirm these facts.

Accommodation: As written on the application form and the invitation letter, my sponsor will provide accommodation during my stay in the UK as backed up with the submitted council tax bill. From what I understood from my sponsor, council taxes are paid by adults who have accommodation in the UK whether as homeowners or tenants. I do not think there is anyone that will like to pay for bills they are not entitled to pay for. Based on this fact, I believe the document provided by my sponsor is sufficient to prove evidence of accommodation. However, to further prove evidence of accommodation, my sponsor has given me extra documents (housing agreement, energy and council tax bills) which are attached to this appeal letter.

Sponsor’s financial responsibility: There is no question on sponsor’s financial responsibility/dependency in the submitted application form or any other form that I know of. I strongly believe that I answered all questions requested about my sponsor rightly in the application form and all appropriate documents to back up the provided information were submitted as well. I find it strange that my sponsor’s financial responsibility was claimed as one of the reasons why my application was refused as no request for such information was made in the application form. For the sake of this appeal, I will like to point out that my sponsor and his wife work full time in the UK and are responsible for their daughter, a 2 years old girl.

My sponsor is willing to know about the outcome of this appeal as indicated on the appeal form and is ready to answer any question there is, if contacted. His contact details are ,

Based on the submitted application form, documents and this appeal letter, I believe that I meet all requirements of the immigration rules as required in the application form as a family visitor and should be granted the entry visa.

Thank you for your reconsideration.

I will be expecting to hear from you,
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by Vicjustice: 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2010
Regarding your accommodation details, your brother (the sponsor) was/is expected to provide evidence that his rented or owned property has certain number of rooms, and though the council tax documents and utility bills are evidence that he lives in a house, but they are not proofs that he has an accommodation for you.

And as for your financial circumstance, It's very hard to pick against refusal. By your own admission, you stated that the reason your salary doesn't reflect in your bank statement is the fact that the company you work for is "a small business enterprises in Nigeria", this alone explains that your financial circumstance is not encouraging, and that the company you work for does not represent a kind of solid company that can guarantee your employment, something to return to Nigeria for, hence it will not convince the judge that you will be a genuine visitor to the UK. If really you know the guidelines for visa approval or refusal, you would see that applicants financial status and obligations are the first things to consider as credibility and ties to return home for. But, in your own case, even if you were given the benefits of doubt, what would you give as your home ties and obligation to return home for?

There is nothing i can say now that would change anything since the appeal is in progress, so let's just hope for success on the ground of miracle.

But as for the advice of what to do here:
debenjie:

Can anyone give advise on what I can do on the account? The tribunal said they may make decision on my appeal on or after December 2010. It's paper hearing. I'm asking because I don't want anything to jeorpadise my chance of getting the visa after the appeal is allow.
   My answer remains the same: "The biggest risk of jeopardising your chance for the visa is; attempting to play smart with your account statement by ultering the figures. Do not ever try to temper it as it will definitely be detected and you'd be banned from the UK for 10 years." Use the bank statement as it is
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by joxiri: 1:08am On Nov 10, 2010
what I dont understand is why is your appeal a paper hearing it seems like you have not been granted a full appeal rather an administrative review and if it was a family visit you should have been granted a full hearing whereby your brother can attend the immigrations tribunal in feltham london. sit before a judge and argue on your behalf thats what usually happens for family appeals
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2010
Vic, thanks for your response. What documents do my brother need to show that he can accomodate me apart from Tenancy agreement? On the appeal, I'm hoping for the best. God does not sleep nor slumber. Can my brother show up at the tribunal service on the day that decision is going to be made. Because, it's paper hearing.

Joxiri, thanks for your response. It's family visit visa. My brother that is my invitee asked me to ticked paper hearing. Can he still show up on the day that the decision is going to be made.

Thanking you all.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by joxiri: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2010
I cannot understyand why your brother asked you to tick papaer hearing, as it will be very difficult to convince the embassy on paper rather than an oral hearing that would have been chaired by an independent judge, well you and your brother would have to provide as much documentation as possible to convince the eco, the best way to look at is it look for reasons why they wud reject your appeal and address those reasons so that it makes their hands tied literally
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by ikeyman00(m): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2010
house oooo biko

what happen when one went for paper appeal never heard some sort of feedbacks with all the requested evidence provided to BHC Abuja for over 3 months now plz

menhhh what is happening over there
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by chyk91(m): 1:08am On Nov 11, 2010
@ house
i was refused a tourist visa last month and was not given a full right of appeal, does this mean i am banned.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by Vicjustice: 10:24am On Nov 11, 2010
chyk91:

@ house
i was refused a tourist visa last month and was not given a full right of appeal, does this mean i am banned.
  UK tourist visa application does not normally attract the full rights of appeal. And if you were refused the visa for reason of fake or fraud document, then, there should be no doubt in your mind.

For more details:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401198.0.html
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by ikeyman00(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^^^

and mine was ignore cuz im igbo abi

i send some nl could go to hell if they like
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by Vicjustice: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2010
ikeyman00:

^^^^

and mine was ignore cuz im igbo abi

i send some nl could go to hell if they like
   Have you got problem with yourself for being an Igbo man?

ikeyman00:

house oooo biko

what happen when one went for paper appeal never heard some sort of feedbacks with all the requested evidence provided to BHC Abuja for over 3 months now plz

menhhh what is happening over there
By the way, how can anyone tell you "what is happening there" when none of us work there?
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by chyk91(m): 11:50pm On Nov 11, 2010
lol, thanks vic, i just wanted to know, i did nt use any fake doc.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
I m hoping well on the appeal. Any advice, Apart from employment and I'm single and no property, what can I use as a ties back to naija?
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
Any Appeal allow recently, Keep us inform.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2010
Hello All,

I need your prayer, my decision for my Appeal is coming up on Dec 6th. Your prayer is needed. Thanks.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by kaycee4c: 9:46am On Dec 02, 2010
Our firm can help with all your UK visa application and appeals- we are UK qualified solicitors. Send us an email at kaycee4c@hotmail.com for all your enquiries. We can even represent you in the UK at your appeal hearings! You wouldnt loose out, ever!!!
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by worry246(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2010
kaycee4c = MUMU
No soliciter has hotmail or gmail account
Only yahoo yahoo cafe small boy.
Only good thing you are so dumb no person will give you monie
Go back with other babboons picking rubbish in dump.
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by UKman37(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2010
@kaycee4c

Christmas must be too close for you
Re: Advice On Visa Appeal by debenjie: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2010
What's the waiting period of appeal (paper) hearing takes. Was told that my appeal will decided on or after Dec 6th 2010.

(1) (Reply)

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens / COVID-19: Nigeria Lists New Rules For UK, South Africa Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.