Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

Kidnappers Back In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Back In Aba (785 Views)

The Horrible State Of Obohia Road In Aba / The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. / Celebration Here In Aba As Okezie Defeat Otti (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Back In Aba by MShittu: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2010

Almost after one month of military successes in Abia State, and just when some state gov­ernments are fiercely at war over who won the Abia victory, kidnappers have staged a come back. In very fierce opera­tions for the whole of the week, the gunmen stormed Ngwaiyie­kwe deadly spot and kidnapped over 17 travellers.

Meanwhile, fresh corpses of four youths were found at the emerging dumpsite at the same Ngwaiyiekwe spot, all face down. Policemen nearby could hardly give details when BusinessDay team chatted with them. One of them said: “Oga, we are not from this state. All I know is that this is how we find corpses every day”.

The security operative who held firmly to his rifle even as he talked, said the bad boys still rush unto the expressway, grab who­ever was available, and rush back into the bush. Security sources said a man travelling from Port Harcourt last week was abducted at the same spot. “His vehicle is still parked at the police station and the man has not been found”, the source stated.

In other parts of the hot zone, the gangs have found confidence again, now eliminating those be­lieved to be passing information to security agencies. The JTF has been urging citizens to pass infor­mation needed to fight the gangs. The new upsurge has created fear and tension even as businesses began last week to find their feet.

At about 2p.m last Wednesday, gunmen suspected to be kidnap­pers abducted 15 persons at Ngwaiyiekwe in Ugwunagbo local government area of Abia State to raise the security bar.

This development is also coming on the hills of the alleged killing of a pregnant woman and a man in one of the villages of Obingwa local government area of the state with their houses set ablaze.

BusinessDay gathered that the kidnappers, who operated at Ngwaiyiekwe junction along the Enugu-Port Harcourt expressway, hijacked a commercial bus head­ing towards Port Harcourt and abducted all the 14 passengers and took them to an unknown destination.

About the same time and place, the hoodlums kidnapped a woman who was being driven by her son to Aba. The abductors were yet to place any ransom on their victims as at the time of fil­ing in this report.

A close source to the Joint Military Task Force deployed to restore sanity in the state confirmed the incident, noting however that about seven people out of the 15 victims have been released.

The source did not give fur­ther details, but assured that soldiers were doing everything possible to free the remaining kidnapped persons and arrest their abductors.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15895:kidnappers-bounce-back-in-aba-abduct-17-in-three-operations&catid=171:national&Itemid=617
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Beaf: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2010
JTF is not equipped to deal with police matters. We need to modernise our police and speed up the training of our anti-terrorist squads.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
Did they leave before? abegi
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by chyz1: 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2010
I don't get it. Is it that these group of igbos are weak or what? They don't know how to deal with these kidnappers/robbers? I think the best thing to do is send some Igbos from Anamba or Imo to that area of Abia state to whip those people up very well.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

JTF is not equipped to deal with police matters. We need to modernise our police and speed up the training of our anti-terrorist squads.

Hypocrisy will kill. Are there no bigger terrorists in Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta?

Why are you not proposing Anti-Terrorism Squad in that region as well?
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by MShittu: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2010
chyz1:

I don't get it. Is it that these group of igbos are weak or what? They don't know how to deal with these kidnappers/robbers? I think the best thing to do is send some Igbos from Anamba or Imo to that area of Abia state to whip those people up very well.
I agree with this right here tongue. Send some Bakassi boys over there to whip some ass up!
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by marcdunu: 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2010
chyz1:

Osisi now has AK47s and General Purpose Machines he inherited from his apperentice under Ateke Tom and you are talking sending people to whip them up.

Terrorism is now spreading in the South and we need a strong leader who will call these terrorists bluff.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by chyz1: 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2010
marcdunu:

Osisi now has AK47s and General Purpose Machines he inherited from his apperentice under Ateke Tom and you are talking sending people to whip them up.

Terrorism is now spreading in the South and we need a strong leader who will call these terrorists bluff.

Please as is Mr.Wood is the only one with weapons.LOL. Look the people of that area of Abia seem to be weak.Since they are scared to are up and go after these guys or at least report the location of these people then maybe they need to get help from other Igbo from other areas, i.e. Anambra,Imo.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2010
Which Anambra?

Anambra wey Andy Uba single-handedly control for a while people no do jack.

For me the origin of all this problem is having guns in the hands of non-soldiers and untrained professionals

we need a serious policy on the criminalisation of proliferation of light arms and a serious Government.
All this nonsense talk about Mend, Bakasi, Massob, OPC, Boko Harram, Hisbah etc just needs to stop, they are all part of the problem.

We need serious intelligence gathering and because our country is not yet technologically advanced in terms of CCTV Cameras, and other triangulations mechanisms. The citizens have to set aside parochial and childish interests so that we can find a lasting solution to a problem that can actually consume the whole country.

We are simply tending towards Somalia except we change course.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Nsiman(m): 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2010
Some time i use to wonder what the intelligent unit of security outfit do. Are these kidnappers strangers in Abia, do they fly into Abia etc. I will suggest to the security outfit to summon all the chiefs in Abia for questioning because these kidnappers are living in their domain.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Abagworo(m): 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2010
Na wa o!
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by excanny: 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
There's no country in the world where unscrupulous elements don't have illegal access to firearms.

The government only needs to train and equip it's security forces so that they are a step further at all times ahead of criminals.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by excanny: 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2010
Nsiman:

Some time i use to wonder what the intelligent unit of security outfit do. Are these kidnappers strangers in Abia, do they fly into Abia etc. I will suggest to the security outfit to summon all the chiefs in Abia for questioning because these kidnappers are living in their domain.

In other parts of the hot zone,
the gangs have found confidence
again, now[b] eliminating those be­
lieved to be passing information
to security agencies.[/b] The JTF has
been urging citizens to pass infor­
mation needed to fight the
gangs. The new upsurge has
created fear and tension even as
businesses began last week to
find their feet.

I dont think if you were a traditional ruler that you'll risk your life exposing these misguided criminals. Cant you see the reason why they are returning? To eliminate anyone trying to identify them.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by EzeUche0(m): 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2010
chyz1:

What? Remember where Bakassi originated from? God's Own State. . .

Abia Igbos are actually the most warlike and strongest.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Dawgpound: 2:56am On Nov 10, 2010
Ezeuche is still stuck in ancient Arochukwu history. Mayne Abians aint living up to what u know them for so may y'all need outside help.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by chyz1: 3:38am On Nov 10, 2010
EzeUche0:

What? Remember where Bakassi originated from? God's Own State. . .

Abia Igbos are actually the most warlike and strongest.

O I doubt that. You must not know about Anambra or Ebonyi. What are the bakassi boys doing now? Besides they were a mix of different Igbos.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by EzeUche0(m): 3:53am On Nov 10, 2010
chyz1:

O I doubt that. You must not know about Anambra or Ebonyi. What are the bakassi boys doing now? Besides they were a mix of different Igbos.

Really? Anambra Igbos were strong? Thought Nri boys was preaching peace? Ebonyi Igbos are the weak Igbo clans that Ohafia and Abiriba used to practice their head-hunting techniques on.

Vigilante justice found its roots in Abia and spread to Anambra. Do not forget that.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by Dawgpound: 3:58am On Nov 10, 2010
As strong as u Abians are how come kidnappers are living large in ur domain then?
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by chyz1: 4:04am On Nov 10, 2010
Dawgpound:

As strong as u Abians are how come kidnappers are living large in your domain then?

Gbam!
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by chyz1: 4:10am On Nov 10, 2010
EzeUche0:

Really? Anambra Igbos were strong? Thought Nri boys was preaching peace? Ebonyi Igbos are the weak Igbo clans that Ohafia and Abiriba used to practice their head-hunting techniques on.

Vigilante justice found its roots in Abia and spread to Anambra. Do not forget that.

So Afikpo, Ezza, and Ezillo are weak? Do you know that it is like afganistan in ebonyi state now to the point no reporters go there to report the war thats going on. And its been like that for a while. Send a group of Onitsha, Awka, and Nnewi boys down to Abia and see if they don't take it over.This kidnapping must stop.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by EzeUche0(m): 4:46am On Nov 10, 2010
Dawgpound:

As strong as u Abians are how come kidnappers are living large in your domain then?

Because they are Abians themselves. Well they are Ngwa. But they learned it from the people in Rivers State. People need to stop acting like all of Abia is up in flames.

Only the southern part of Abia.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by EzeUche0(m): 4:49am On Nov 10, 2010
chyz1:

So Afikpo, Ezza, and Ezillo are weak? Do you know that it is like afganistan in ebonyi state now to the point no reporters go there to report the war thats going on. And its been like that for a while. Send a group of Onitsha, Awka, and Nnewi boys down to Abia and see if they don't take it over.This kidnapping must stop.

Trust me I know what is happening in Ebonyi State. Those people were always raided by the Aro. However, times has changed. Now they fight amongst themselves.

On a side note, Afikpo Igbo is so hard to comprehend.
Re: Kidnappers Back In Aba by chyz1: 5:00am On Nov 10, 2010
EzeUche0:

On a side note, Afikpo Igbo is so hard to comprehend.

True.I like the way it sounds tho. Their culture is really colorful.

(1) (Reply)

Guv Fashola Vs Sahara Reporters, @ Lse / BREAKING NEWS OBASONJO CAUGHT RED-HANDED / I am Beginning To Doubt Ribadu's Integrity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.