Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD (1049 Views)

Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) / CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services / Banks Now Charge For USSD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2019
That's how I received this message from my network:

"Please note that from Oct 21, we will charge N4 per 20 seconds for USSD access to banking services. Thank you"

This man is determined to make life extremely difficult for the common man and very soon he would be asking for charges for the air we breath. Is this the next level he promised? Buhari, God pass you!
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by PassingShot(m): 10:16am On Oct 20, 2019
[s]
Opyz:

"Please note that from Oct 21, we will charge N4 per 20 seconds for USSD access to banking services. Thank you"

This man is determined to make life extremely difficult for the Commons man and soonest he would be charging the air we breath. Is this the next level he promised? Buhari, God pass you!
[/s]
Shut up and stop moaning at everything. You don't have to access USSD services. Do you?

And if your service provider decides to charge you a fee which is not illegal as per NCC, does that mean every other network charges the same thing?

You can't eat - na Buhari.
You can't sleep - na Buhari
You can't get erection - na Buhari.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by SarkinYarki: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2019
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
Shut up and stop moaning at everything. You don't have to access USSD services. Do you?

And if your service provider decides to charge you a fee which is not illegal as per NCC, does that mean every other network charges the same thing?

Shut up the order came from the CBN . We have have always paid for USSD , it has never been free so why Is the govt adding 4 naira per 20second sessions , meaning you will spend 15 naira to complete full 60 second session ..The Buhari govt wants to kill USSD like all things it has killed

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by sirmascot: 10:57am On Oct 20, 2019
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

You are a very confused human being.... Can service providers charge you for ussd without the consent of the banks (CBN) in conjunction with the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC ). This government is a failed one. Make Dem kuku no increase minimum wage and let all these multiple tax systems cede. Soon is the soft drinks tax.... Just wait and see.... Shey e ni e stupid ni

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/new-taxes-coming-on-soft-drinks-others/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by SarkinYarki: 11:08am On Oct 20, 2019
sirmascot:

You are a very confused human being.... Can service providers charge you for ussd without the consent of the banks (CBN) in conjunction with the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC ). This government is a failed one. Make Dem kuku no increase minimum wage and let all these multiple tax systems cede. Soon is the soft drinks tax.... Just wait and see.... Shey e ni e stupid ni

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/new-taxes-coming-on-soft-drinks-others/amp/

Many of these Buhari zombies are just overgrown babies who have never worked before so they don't know anything , that one doesn't know you cannot add a single naira to any banking or Telco charge without express approval from the CBN and NCC and even FEC ... The Buhari govt initiated this USSD charge which is actually a USSD tax being hidden as a charge. Because we have always paid for our USSD session , it has never ever been free so what has changed now .. Buhari govt even rejected request by telcos to reduce data bundle prices but Nigerians don't know

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by Peroh426: 11:15am On Oct 20, 2019
And the youth keep supporting this govt.my problem is not about all these taxes, but on the implementation. After all England survives via tax. Mismanagement is our biggest Problem

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by PassingShot(m): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2019
surgical:
if you guys continue to use nairaland as a tool people will move to other platforms,its not difficult,you started it and as typical of you guys,you are claiming victim
Shut up isn't an insult, kid. It simply means "shut up!"
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by SarkinYarki: 11:27am On Oct 20, 2019
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

Oya defend this

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by sirmascot: 11:29am On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Many of these Buhari zombies are just overgrown babies who have never worked before so they don't know anything , that one doesn't know you cannot add a single naira to any banking or Telco charge without express approval from the CBN and NCC and even FEC ... The Buhari govt initiated this USSD charge which is actually a USSD tax being hidden as a charge. Because we have always paid for our USSD session , it has never ever been free so what has changed now .. Buhari govt even rejected request by telcos to reduce data bundle prices but Nigerians don't know

Wondering if there is any sector of the economy working STRAIGHT under this buhari administration.... Please explain more in the bolded
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by surgical: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2019
PassingShot:

Shut up isn't an insult, kid. It simply means "shut up!"
you are not well brought up ,it reflects in your attitude on public forum
It will do you a lot of good if you work on it
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by DONFASZY(m): 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Govt pls come to my gate n block my gate to my home until i pay gate pass

Our leaders want to milk us dry

If u r lookin for hell fire

Nigeria is one of dem
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by davillian(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
Why do ussd transactions
When u have an android phone.
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by sapele914(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
davillian:
Why do ussd transactions
When u have an android phone.
Let the wailers wail, as long a it involves President Buhari, they will find a reason to wail.
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by obailala(m): 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Opyz:

This man is determined to make life extremely difficult for the common man and very soon he would be asking for charges for the air we breath. Is this the next level he promised? Buhari, God pass you!
There is nothing wrong with taxation; Nigeria's tax to GDP ratio is extremely low, one of the lowest in the world. We keep comparing ourselves with developed nations but aren't ready to pay a microscopic fraction of what people in those developed nations pay in form of taxes.

4 naira or whatever isn't really going to kill you or make life "extremely unbearable" as you claim, I dont see how that makes anyone a devil. The only thing I am worried about, and which you should be worried about, and which we should talking about is whether the money collected can ever be used efficiently..
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by Solsix(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Oya defend this
And they want to defend cashless payments
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by Bundaweber: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
obailala:

There is nothing wrong with taxation; Nigeria's tax to GDP ratio is extremely low, one of the lowest in the world. We keep comparing ourselves with developed nations but aren't ready to pay a microscopic fraction of what people in those developed nations pay in form of taxes.

4 naira or whatever isn't really going to kill you or make life "extremely unbearable" as you claim, I dont see how that makes anyone a devil. The only thing I am worried about, and which you should be worried about, and which we should talking about is whether the money collected can ever be used efficiently..

can we compare the people who are living above or in poverty with those countries to Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Is Hell-Bent On Destroying Nigeria: Nigerians To Be Charged N4 For USSD by obailala(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
Bundaweber:

can we compare the people who are living above or in poverty with those countries to Nigeria?
How exactly did the governments in those countries build the vital infrastructure with which they lifted their people out of poverty? Did those governments do it without revenue? Did they achieve all that with the people paying no tax?

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money With Your Mobile Phone For Beginners / Please Tell The Government That BVN Is Causing More Harm. We Need Remedy! / Join This Very Good Online Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.