Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators (452 Views)

Arrested IPOB Women Regain Their Freedom In Owerri. Photos / IPOB Women Cry, Go Topless After They Were Denied Bail In Owerri (Photos) / IPOB Women Packed In Police Cell In Imo After Arrest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by akelicious(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2019
Forty-sixty-year-old Mrs Lilian Obiechina, popularly called ‘Ada Ide’, is a native of Ogidi in the Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Her looks expose the doggedness in her participation in the struggle for Biafra which she told our correspondent was strengthened by what she termed by the ill-treatment of Igbo in Nigeria.

Obiechina said, “I was more of a Nigerian than an Igbo but as things keep happening, one keeps hearing news of what is going on and one watches one’s people being pushed to the wall. One then asks oneself ‘who am I?’ Are you more Nigerian than an indigenous person? I am Igbo.’’

“When you watch others, you see the northerners when they react or do their things; you see the Yoruba how they do their things and now you are sitting back watching your own people being pushed to the wall. You ask yourself, why are you not there? Why are you not where your people are?

“Getting to that consciousness spurred me into getting involved in what is happening to me as an Igbo woman. As an Igbo person, that was what actually motivated me into the struggle.”

She noted that if the Igbo got what they felt they deserved in Nigeria, there would be no need for struggle, adding “Why won’t we (Biafrans) govern ourselves – like other states that broke out of a larger country?’’

Obiechina, who adorned her hair with colourful beads, said there was nothing wrong for Biafrans to govern themselves within Nigeria.

“Is anything wrong with Biafra being an autonomous state from Nigeria? Why can’t Nigeria move on and allow Biafra to move on or any other indigenous people that want to move forward? Why?

“Must all of us be dragged together at Nigeria’s pace? How can somebody who has learnt how to crawl, walk and run wants to fly, and you that is crawling is holding the person down? Is that right? We want to govern ourselves; we, we want to man our place. We want to take charge of what is happening to us, whether we get it right or we don’t get it right, it doesn’t concern any other people.”

She explained that they were not after other tribes’ domains, stating that even if they were in Nigeria, there was nothing wrong in Biafrans getting what was due to them.

Strong for Biafra

According to her, harassment by security agencies emboldens her to do more for the Biafra struggle.

She said, “You actually grow a thick skin and you will even get to learn great strategies because you have met them this way you keep learning new strategies and improving. We are actually improving. The more they come, the harder they will fall because we keep improving and finding ways to engage whatever they throw at us.”

She stated that anyone in a struggle would only withdraw if he/she wasn’t aware of the reasons for the struggle.

“One can only chicken out in a struggle only if one doesn’t understand the reason for the struggle. It is when you don’t know why you are in a struggle that when you are slapped or your clothes thorn you will say you are no longer participating in it,’’ she added.

https://www.akelicious.net/were-in-biafra-struggle-to-give-our-kids-better-future-ipob-women-agitators/

1 Like

Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by jom28gy(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2019
yes, that's true, but does igbos really need this freedom? their attitudes and approach, never shows it.

1 Like

Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 20, 2019
jom28gy:
yes, that's true, but does igbos really need this freedom? their attitudes and approach, never shows it.
What do they need?
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by jom28gy(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2019
What is the igbos, doing outside their home Land?why won't igbos, come home and live and invest in their land?I knew,a handful of some, May argue, that home is not enough to accommodates them.such people I said,a mass of you, moved to other peoples land,in addition to their already populated of their Host,yet, your accommodated,. Are igbos, not their own problem?if tomorrow, your hosts, don't need you again, you will say, they are looking for your problem, you leave outside the precinct of igbo land,to invest, are you not blind to do that? because, tomorrow, in case of disputes, you loss them.as a result,cometh xenophobic, and the likes.Igbos,be wise.

1 Like

Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by Bighead9: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2019
Trash.

Biafra can never be achieved, cause the agitators.are cowards. Both Nnamdi Kanu and his followers are COWARDs. gringrin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by gidgiddy: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2019
jom28gy:
What is the igbos, doing outside their home Land?why won't igbos, come home and live and invest in their land?I knew,a handful of some, May argue, that home is not enough to accommodates them.such people I said,a mass of you, moved to other peoples land,in addition to their already populated of their Host,yet, your accommodated,. Are igbos, not their own problem?if tomorrow, your hosts, don't need you again, you will say, they are looking for your problem, you leave outside the precinct of igbo land,to invest, are you not blind to do that? because, tomorrow, in case of disputes, you loss them.as a result,cometh xenophobic, and the likes.Igbos,be wise.

It does not matter the number of Igbos who live outside Igbo land, that does not take away the right of self determination to decide if they want to remain part of Nigeria or not.
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by jom28gy(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2019
gidgiddy:

It does not matter the number of Igbos who live outside Igbo land, that does not take away the right of self determination to decide if they want to remain part of Nigeria or not.
it matters, because, the strength of Mass movement of such magnitudes, would have helped in building Biafra in their home Land, strength is power, there power in our differs gifts, that would be used to developed Biafra.
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by Rubbystar: 10:40am On Oct 20, 2019
Any president that settles this Biafran issue amicably once and for all will win the Nobel prize for peace.
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by Kokolet11: 10:43am On Oct 20, 2019
jom28gy:
it matters, because, the strength of Mass movement of such magnitudes, would have helped in building Biafra in their home Land, strength is power, there power in our differs gifts, that would be used to developed Biafra.
Oga Biafra is here to stay not even you will stop it.
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by Kokolet11: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2019
cheesy cheesy grin grin Biafra is here to stay.
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by jom28gy(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Kokolet11:
Oga Biafra is here to stay not even you will stop it.
your talking out of context my friend
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by helinues: 10:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Which your governors, senators, reps couldn't do
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by Kokolet11: 10:52am On Oct 20, 2019
jom28gy:
your talking out of context my friend
keep your context to yourself. Biafra is here
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by lordlugards: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2019
Bighead9:
Trash.

Biafra can never be achieved, cause the agitators.are cowards. Just as My FATHER is a COWARD by allowing my MOTHER to give birth to a BASTARD like me. gringrin
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by gloriaunobi(f): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2019
She has said it all.
The more they come, the harder they will fall because we keep improving and finding ways to engage whatever they throw at us.

Continue hating Igbos because the more you do the more they improve in every aspect. Israel is strong today because she is surrounded by enemies at all round
Re: We’re In Biafra Struggle To Give Our Kids Better Future –IPOB Women Agitators by jom28gy(m): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2019
Kokolet11:
keep your context to yourself. Biafra is here
who does not want Biafra?we are talking about the reality of it on ground,so you should reason along with me

(1) (Reply)

Mbaka Attacks Ugwuanyi On Demolitions / Gombe Governor To Visit New York Academy Of Science / Here's What A U.S Army General Had To Say About The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.