Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics (27907 Views)

FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills / Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by zombieHUNTER: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
NwAmaikpe:
shocked

Too many pressure on buhari to open the border.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT WHO YOU ARE THINKING.

Thief
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Raskasal(m): 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
Now they know they shouldn't rant at the finger that's feeding them

7 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by originally(m): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
How is Nigeria people benefiting after the closure?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by kudinkarfe: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
IMF should leave us alone.....we are taking action to fix our problem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by ken6488(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
grin Ghana next

grin Just border closure ooo

3 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by ekaette1621: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
Bubu is the real deal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by K4daniel: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
Why GHANA dey cry is because indirectly they come buy at cheaper price some of our nigerian products and go make profit in GHANA. And in Ghana things are very expensive because of currency differences between cedes and naira.They have not seen anything yet..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Eteka1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
gaetano:
You peop should open the border small, I'm tired of eating stoned rice biko grin
manage it, while local processing improves to meet up with the demand. You want unemployment to reduce yet you cannot sacrifice even a little for that to happen.

15 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by ken6488(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
K4daniel:
Why GHANA dey cry is because indirectly they come buy at cheaper price some of our nigerian products and go make profit in GHANA. And in Ghana things are very expensive because of currency differences between cedes and naira.They have not seen anything yet..

Dem go hear am

9 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by idonhammer: 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
It is so because Anya bewe imi esoroya bewe... Meaning,if eyes begin cry nose go join am.Bubu go humble Dem Las Las

helinues:
Let their citizens chop their presidents

We are not big brother of Africa for nothing.

Abeg, even though I have plied through the Benin border enroute Ghana before? Is their any other land brother we shared with Ghana that I am not aware of? Why are the Ghanaians crying more than the bereaved Beninese and Nigeriens?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by ken6488(m): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
gaetano:
You peop should open the border small, I'm tired of eating stoned rice biko grin

grin We have to manage.. We can't buy from them and they still hate us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Thegoodone13(m): 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ajike2:
To what extent is the border closure affecting the Countries mentioned grin embarassed
Those country depends on us. They knew that they don't have population for the goods they are import to their country but they want to collect tax on that goods and send it to Nigeria illegal without pay Nigeria government . Benin is not more than Oyo state in population and they are import millions of cars every month. Those cars will end up come to Nigeria where our population is more than 100millions

18 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by helinues: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
idonhammer:
It is so because Anya bewe imi esoroya bewe... Meaning,if eyes begin cry nose go join am.Bubu go humble Dem Las Las

I dey feel you broda on kentrol level.. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by tot(f): 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
ijustdey:

IMF is also optimistic the borders would soon open. 

Indeed. They should kindly mind their business in this matter.

2 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by MoIbrahim: 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
Bia see the key. Come and collect grin

gaetano:

7 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by nwamabo247(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
okay...please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by kushercain: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
In the voice of Seun Kuti,

IMF

international Moda Fuckers!
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Zuji15(f): 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sometimes I feel this border closure is for our best interest as Nigerians. Sometimes am tempted to feel the other way round. Anyway I hope everything works out fine, for all our sakes.
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by samdaisi: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
its only novice that will complain about local rice,the UMZA product I just bought is the best so far since I have been eaten in Nigeria it shows that closing border has positive impact in our economy

9 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by SmartyPants(m): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
helinues:
Let their citizens chop their presidents, or perhaps, IMF could help instead of lamenting.

Abeg, even though I have plied through the Benin border enroute Ghana before? Is their any other land border we shared with Ghana that I am not aware of? Why are the Ghanaians crying more than the bereaved Beninese and Nigeriens?

Despite not sharing a border with Ghana, you must be able to appreciate the fact that Nigeroa is a major market, in terms of size and purchasing power, for Ghanaian products. If they can't get their products into Nigeria, through Benin or Togo, that is a problem for their manufacturers too.

5 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by harjay1986: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
Come to think of it, if Nigeria decide not patronize all dis small village calling demself country, we are goin to survive, one Ghanian mashafani guy saying rubish on all tread about dis boarder closure, if we cant dictate to them how we want the show to be, then we are not Elder enough

5 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by wwwihy: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
President Buhari on the beat
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Thegoodone13(m): 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
nwamabo247:
okay...please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
can we see your picture? To be sure not 419
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by MoIbrahim: 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
originally:
How is Nigeria people benefiting after the closure?

4 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by romenna: 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2019
Na our border we close.
We no close their own.
Make IMF dey one place

6 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by HowDareU: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
Here we go again: the Bretton Wood institutions and their quest for destabilizing Africa. They expect the Nigeria government to open the borders so that contraband goods from Europe will continue to flood our markets. Mr. President should keep the border closed for a long time. Check my blog for all things security and safety: www.securitymattersafrica.com

8 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by smileyoo: 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
u can eat another food.
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by abumeinben(m): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
helinues:
Let their citizens chop their presidents, or perhaps, IMF could help instead of lamenting.

Abeg, even though I have plied through the Benin border enroute Ghana before? Is their any other land border we shared with Ghana that I am not aware of? Why are the Ghanaians crying more than the bereaved Beninese and Nigeriens?

You don't get it bro. See this quote:

IMF is also optimistic the borders would soon open

IMF is directing Nigeria to open the border.
Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Didi2d(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
This is the kind of idea the Canadian government applied last year or so you can't land in America and then come into Canada through land to come sick for asylum.

2 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
Crime rate will reduce now nowhere to run

3 Likes

Re: IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics by helinues: 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
abumeinben:

You don't get it bro. See this quote:

IMF is directing Nigeria to open the border.

Let IMF come down to Nigeria and open the border for them...

Mtcheeeeew

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest 68 MASSOB Members In Imo / Boko Haram Launches Radio Station, Goes On Air / Funke Cole: Arise TV Needs To Rise Above Mediocrity, Partisanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.