Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,764 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction (58302 Views)

MTN N4 USSD Charges Halted By FG / Breaking: Minister Of Communication Directs MTN To Suspend alleged USSD charges / MTN USSD Charges: Nigerians React To New Bank Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by 4orreal: 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
Both glo and airtel are changing us before now.it is only mtn that do not charge

1 Like

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
VicM6:
Baba he fuss is that for every 20 seconds 4naira will be gone. Now imagine if the network is slow to respond, and it took you 5mins. calculate 4naira per sec for 5mins na..
No be say money dey dis country nd even thou d money dey self na people at d top dey chop am... Now am starting to see why IPOB came into the conner.

My dear, I'm even sure 9mobile charges more than 4naira for every 15seconds because the way my airtime always disappear fiam after every transaction is alarming. I need to call their customer care.
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
notoriousbabe:
you too no know grin grin

lol...just type the letters in the search engine (google,bing,duckduckgo)to get other three letters.I have gvn u the first one na.
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by oneTIMEman(m): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
The only comment i love is "thunder fire you"

2 Likes

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by MartinsD12(m): 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
Slawormir:
No real niggarrrs in Nigeria
They don't read

Ussd charges is not new
Telecom operators have been charging us
But this time they are stepping it up by charging 4 naira per 20 seconds
Stop saying what u don't know I use ussd on MTN it doesn't charge, it's only other networks that charge, MTN is free that's why it's buzzing up
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by backnbeta(f): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
A government that can only take from it's citizens but is not ready to give anything in return!

3 Likes

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by LabDNA: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
As long as nigerians cotinue to rationalize hardship without protests and revolution there will be more taxations and levies for your politicians to feed fat on.

4 Likes

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Damsexy18(f): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
Olayinka777:
It's been like that with those of us that uses 9mobile for a long time o!
Even Airtel sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by OlujobaSamuel: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
WowSweetGuy:
Walahi GTB has being charging me b4 both on my account and my etisalat line per transaction. Most people dont know this since because maybe they barely use the USSD code

This govt is here to ruin us
I use Zenith on my MTN, there was no charges except once when I checked my account balance. While Stanbic charged me when I tried using it on same MTN. I just noticed my mobile line balance was reducing and stopped when it got exhausted, so I purposely recharged to confirm, na so I leave ussd service for my stanbic.
Time to leave that of Zenith too, I'm cool with my app or internet banking

1 Like

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by ikhalyfah(m): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
BlackBuhari:
Checkout the Reactions below

I don't know why dis sound new to y'all, but etisalat/9mobile have been charging me for using USSD since like 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by moderatedguy: 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
BarrElChapo:
The long queues in the banking halls would return.. that's not a problem at all
how do u mean?
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by VicM6: 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
AryaSand:

My dear, I'm even sure 9mobile charges more than 4naira for every 15seconds because the way my airtime always disappear fiam after every transaction is alarming. I need to call their customer care.

Those one na joro. the way dem dy take do person enh no be small thing.....
laslas i go buy kolo dey put my money jeje...

Nigeria is depreciating
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by thaoriginator: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
edoairways:

It has been free Mr. I have never paid a dime for using except when I used fidelity ussd code
Nah player,banks charges for every Ussd just that it is a hidden charges.

It used to be by end of the month

1 Like

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

I use Zenith on my MTN, there was no charges except once when I checked my account balance. While Stanbic charged me when I tried using it on same MTN. I just noticed my mobile line balance was reducing and stopped when it got exhausted, so I purposely recharged to confirm, na so I leave ussd service for my stanbic.
Time to leave that of Zenith too, I'm cool with my app or internet banking
grin they just want to keep debiting us...no profit in savings sef
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Raskasal(m): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
This shouldnt generate noise, Airtel already charging 4 naira per ussd dialed.
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Soulseeker01(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
Good news for those that do recharge card business
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
Some myopic fools voted for Next Level....This is it
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by GMbuharii: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Chanchangi abi na chanji issa very sweet,walai, gaskiya grin
and inasmuch as thunda faya Lugard and all Coneheaded structures,it shall also faya those who brought this jihadist and is now complaining bitterly
lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Jaybee8181(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Can someone please dig out one good in this country? I feel like my brain want explode from bad and depressing news each day...what a country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Jaybee8181(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
One Buharist wee come and tell you that we the lowest tax rate in the world....lowest fuel price....but they won't remember that we have the worst roads, health care, wuru wuru education... highest population of hungry people...... it's either you're very rich here or very poor...... it's a pity
........ tomorrow your representatives wee wear big agbada looking like masquerades to international conference agbada that is full of stolen dollars, why won't they call shithole of a country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by ideaz: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Download SmarTransfa from Google play store. It's free for airtime recharge and cheaper for DSTV/gotv subscriptions. 

It supports cash withdrawals, instant transfer, payment of goods and services for free.

In fact, you can refer people and earn from their transactions for life. 

Use my referral no please: +2348116478583
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by clockwisereport: 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
SincereBigot:
But they charge us to use gtb 737 since na.. cause if i no get card it wont go

Same here but na Access bank. Fidelity bank dey charge me N4 any time i use their ussd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by LZAA: 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
GMbuharii:
Chanchangi abi na chanji issa very sweet,walai, gaskiya grin
and inasmuch as thunda faya Lugard and all Coneheaded structures,it shall also faya those who brought this jihadist and is now complaining bitterly
lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by jimcaddy(m): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
Shebi you people all voted for change. Here is the change. The real change. Nigerians ain't seen anything yet.. It will end in tears.. Oil prices are dropping and the money to fund luxurious lifestyles of Nigerian politicians must be kept up. So other ways of generating money is to keep on impoverishing Nigerians in the already hard economy. What a clueless government we have. We thought Jonathan was worse. Not knowing this Buhari administration is the worse of them all. Our governors are spending monies they cannot generate. Take away Lagos, Ogun and maybe Ondo. Other state governors are so lazy. They will go to Abuja and beg for oil money. Now Abuja is telling them to go and make money. No oil money again. Hence the multiple taxation of citizens. We never jam.

3 Likes

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Olayinka777(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
Damsexy18:

Even Airtel sef
Oh really!
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by justli: 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
I stopped using gtb ussd when I noticed 9mobile charge me outragesly for every reply I get per transaction. Meaning in one transfer I get like 4 text alerts and they charge #4 per each.

I dumped that service. I'm good with token and internet banking.
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by edoairways: 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
thaoriginator:
Nah player,banks charges for every Ussd just that it is a hidden charges.

It used to be by end of the month
My bank doesn't
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by donsammy22: 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
People are now recieving messages on the #4 per 20 seconds charges newly introduced, should we call this development?
Read full guide here https://trinitymobiletech.com/4-per-20-seconds-for-ussd-banking/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by Sirnose(m): 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
Well, I have been hearing people say they charge them when they use USSD code, but I had never experienced it..but I got the text from MTN tho..

Lemme just wait till tomorrow and see first
Re: USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction by mindtricks: 12:12am On Oct 21, 2019
This is nothing new. I guess they just made public.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Home Made Power Bank Here. / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi's Obituary And Corpse (Graphic Photos) / New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.