Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri (18558 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
SirDelight,,,,,,yes

Considering these safety tips, you can still put things aright angry
Only God knows why this is coming up few hours to the opening of NYSC portal

I am no longer picking Borno for my NYSC postinggrin
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by michlins(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
SaintLucia:
Your head dey there. Borno state is times 21 the size of Lagos. Imagine the distance!
Jesus Christ. I read somewhere that Niger state is bigger than the whole of South East with extra space to fit in Enugu and imo
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by fergie001: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
My dream University that year....after OAU...

Not anymore now....only the living can go to school.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by fergie001: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
michlins:
Jesus Christ. I read somewhere that Niger state is bigger than the whole of South East with extra space to fit in Enugu and imo
Niger is the largest state in Nigeria.
Lagos is the smallest by landmass.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by safetyInspector(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
And such distance according to them is just 50Naira by Keke, are the Keke operators sourcing their fuel from another Country?
michlins:
What caught my attention is the warning about the distance between the post office and the school. It gives you an idea of how big the North East actually is. Insecurity is rendering all these empty space useless
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by Petitequeen(f): 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
UniMaidUpdates:

I was only sharing some tips, no need to come at me, and Maiduguri is safer than most towns in Nigeria.

I already got scared reading the safety tips. God be with all those journeying towards those areas though.

4 Likes

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by kudinkarfe: 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
Maiduguri Is peaceful and full of life. Please the wrong perception Towards Maiduguri should stop. Home of peace.

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by alaira(m): 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
[Nigeria will be fine soonests][/s]
Mchenryfreeman:
As dprince sing "on your own oo"
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by UniMaidUpdates: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
tillaman:
10k?? Are you for real ??

yes, check the statistics of newly admitted students for the past 5years, always 10k.

this are from those who made them first choice in Jamb with lots of candidates failing to make the admission list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by michlins(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
safetyInspector:
And such distance according to them is just 50Naira by Keke, are the Keke operators sourcing their fuel from another Country?
no that one na #400. When I see my Igbo brothers and sisters insist on not coming back to here eh, I wonder why. Here's my answer. Northern Nigeria remains the most economical place someone can live in. Just remember the Bayelsa guy that went to north with just 1.5m three years ago

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by mercyviv(f): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
UniMaidUpdates:

I was only sharing some tips, no need to come at me, and Maiduguri is safer than most towns in Nigeria.
No, I didnt come at you. That was just a joke but the part about not having anything to do with Maiduguri stands, nonetheless! grin

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by 12345baba(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
Suicide mission
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by UniMaidUpdates: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
casdoruche:
Anyways education should not be a life and death.

Going to UNIMAID as at now is like going to Afghanistan war zone for tourism. What can safety tips do for you.

You live like a soldier.
Military rules
Military monitoring
Can't trust nobody
Can die anytime

That's what make it interesting.
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by SaintLucia: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
michlins:
Oyo state is the size of the whole of Southeast states.
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by UniMaidUpdates: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
mercyviv:

No, I didnt come at you. That was just a joke but the part about not having anything to do with Maiduguri stands, nonetheless! grin

Okay, we hope to see you here when peace finally reigns.
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by Vatod(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
Get odechi, Ayeta, Ofe and most of all meet the chief priest of your village and sign your death warrant before you go... God is your strength
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by blackmantis: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
Learn how to speak Hausa. Very important.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by mu2sa2: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
obainojazz:
cheesy

The only safe way is to not go at all..
Disbelieve if you like, but Maiduguri is safer than many cities outside NW. If you are in PH, how safe are you?

2 Likes

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by henryhemon(m): 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
tillaman:
Make them kukuma suspend academic activities for that way now abi who go enter that way sef upon all the school wey full the whole Nigeria

Guys, stop saying what you don't know. Or better still don't say anything at all than making yourself look dumb.
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by UniMaidUpdates: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
michlins:
no that one na #400. When I see my Igbo brothers and sisters insist on not coming back to here eh, I wonder why. Here's my answer. Northern Nigeria remains the most economical place someone can live in. Just remember the Bayelsa guy that went to north with just 1.5m three years ago

It's #50, a drop is #50, from post office to Unimaid is a drop, it is when you want to charter the Keke that it becomes #200. Since you will move from the park to the post office which is also a drop.

Charter= 2 drops @#200 each equaling #400
Normal= 2 drops @#50 each equaling #100
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by sizer07: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
School na by force? Those that even schooled are still rooming the streets with good grades for donkey years and are unable to find jobs, why cuz of who know who culture in Nigeria . Oh 1.5m per slot from our alleged senators who sales job slot like akara at d Senate. I rather go to Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, any of those worst conflict prone countries and study than this hell hole call maiduguri ,why cuz those areas value education unlike BOKO HARAM caliphate which mean education is a SIN.the vc shd pls give the admission to all his children n grate grand children we are not sending our wods to shekau to slotter them like rams.maiduguri weather self na die d heat is like one been close to hell.no need to boil water for eba by noon, just open well fetch and use for eba straight. Away......spit..........

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by henryhemon(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
fergie001:
My dream University that year....after OAU...

Not anymore now....only the living can go to school.

You will be shocked, I use to say these things. 50% of those residing in Maiduguri are big boys and girls aside from students. They re more richer than those in 'safe' cities. You know what they say,landlord travel and see first......it's better experienced.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by henryhemon(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
casdoruche:
Anyways education should not be a life and death.

Going to UNIMAID as at now is like going to Afghanistan war zone for tourism. What can safety tips do for you.

You live like a soldier.
Military rules
Military monitoring
Can't trust nobody
Can die anytime

Have you been there?? Or it's hearsay??
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by henryhemon(m): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Well to be honest, d maiduguri town is one of the safest cities in Nigeria, take note "Maiduguri" not borno woh.

That place is like a giant Millitary barracks with soldiers, mopol, civil defence, CJTF, special forces etc all around town.

FUN FACT, Do you know the town is totally surrounded with giant holes, meaning you can all go in & out through military controlled routes cheesy
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by tillaman(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
UniMaidUpdates:

yes, check the statistics of newly admitted students for the past 5years, always 10k.

this are from those who made them first choice in Jamb with lots of candidates failing to make the admission list.
i just did, I didn’t know people still chose that school, I Stopped showing interest after the 2017 bomb blast, but thanks a bunch
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by fergie001: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
henryhemon:

You will be shocked, I use to say these things. 50% of those residing in Maiduguri are big boys and girls aside from students. They re more richer than those in 'safe' cities. You know what they say,landlord travel and see first......it's better experienced.
With what I hear happens in Maiduguri....I no want "taste and see" abeg...
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by tillaman(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
henryhemon:

Guys, stop saying what you don't know. Or better still don't say anything at all than making yourself look dumb.
it would have been best if you enlighten us sir, thanks
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by Deepthoughts: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
UniMaidUpdates:
2019/2020 Academic Sessions Starts 21st October, 2019.

As we all put finishing touches to our preparations to start the new 2019/2020 Academic Session, We have compiled some safety tips for our students especially the newly admitted students.

1. For those who will be coming from outside Maiduguri in particular and Borno State in general, Kindly move with a valid Identity Card most especially National I.D Card, Voters Card e.t.c and for those without any valid Identity Card, Print Out Your Jamb Admission Letter and keep it close by with you all the time, do not keep it inside yout luggage, carry it with you always.

2. As you approach the Northeast, you will pass through alot of military checkpoints, obey all rules and regulations,
give due respect to all security personnel you encounter, be confident and follow all their instructions. At most checkpoints, you will be requested to disembark from your vehicle and pass through on foot, Kindly obey and proceed for safety reasons.

3. Dress responsible while on your way to Maiduguri, as you know, the way you are dressed shows how you will be addressed.

4. Upon Entering Maiduguri, you will be dropped at the Borno Express terminus, or in some rare occasions, Tashan Kano (Kano Park) which is closeby, unless you already know the town, it is advisable for you to drop here.

5. For those without any relatives in town and who will want to proceed to the University immediately, Kindly note that the distance from Borno Express or Kano Park to the school is two drops, and each drop is #50 only for Keke Napep. For those who will be coming with huge luggage, you are advised to take a charter of the Keke Napep for #200 per drop totaling #400 for the whole trip, so as to safeguard your luggage.

6. From the park, you will head to Post office which is a drop, then from Post Office to University which is another drop, please note that the distance from Post Office to University is lengthy, so don't panic. For those who will be taking a charter, you can get a direct Keke Napep to University and it's #400.

7. Appear smart and be sharp and alert, do not act like a first timer, some Keke Napep drivers will just take advantage of you. There are lots of good drivers around the town though.

8. The following documents should be ready with you, Original Copy and at least 4 photocopies each, with at least 8 Passport photos.

o JAMB Admission Letter
o JAMB Slip
o Online Screening Evidence
o A’ Level Certificate (DE Students Only)
o O’ Level Certificate
o Primary School Certificate
o Certificate of Birth
o Certificate of indigene

9. Always politely ask for directions and aid whenever you are in doubt inside and outside of the University, the people here are very friendly and you will enjoy your stay at University of Maiduguri, the Center Of Excellence. Cheers.
Please do share this post to others.

Watch out for our next post on places to visit in Maiduguri.
This article was posted with the kind permission of the writer.

Compiled by
Sule Solace Adamu
All Right Reserved.

source: https://unimaidupdates..com/2019/10/safety-tips-for-new-students.html

cc: lalasticlala
fynestboi
seun
Now they are requesting for letter of indigene,but when "other"issues arises the government will tell you there is no indegeneship in the Constitution n everyone is free to live anywhere in the country!, this hypocrisy is what is not allowing the country to enjoy peace.lets find a way of defining indegeneship or we do away with it in all ramifications.

3 Likes

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by henryhemon(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
fergie001:

With what I hear happens in Maiduguri....I no want "taste and see" abeg...

Then don't say what you don't know. No one is begging you to taste. It's simple.
Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by henryhemon(m): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Now they are requesting for letter of indigene,but when "other"issues arises the government will tell you there is no indegeneship in the Constitution n everyone is free to live anywhere in the country!, this hypocrisy is what is not allowing the country to enjoy peace.lets find a way of defining indegeneship or we do away with it in all ramifications.

True.

1 Like

Re: UNIMAID: Safety Tips For New Students Coming To Maiduguri by safetyInspector(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
Bro read it again it is 50Naira for each bustop. 200Naira for each if you want to take a drop and 400Naira if you want to take direct drop.
michlins:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan Post Utme Screening Date / Free Tuition For Nigerians In Turkish Schools / 21-year-old Boy Emerges FUTA Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.