Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

My Startup Failed in 28 months - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Startup Failed in 28 months (1895 Views)

Help Me Review My Startup Idea / Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed / Join My Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Startup Failed in 28 months by elefind(m): 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2019
Good day Nairalanders, I know how we all talk about startups, how to play safe and not to avoid failing. My 28 Months startup failed before going public, it's not been easy for me because I have invested so much on this very startup, so much time and energy has been put into the project to bring it to reality.
I failed on this very startup project all resources gone I'm back to square one trying to stand on my feet again I can't face friends and family anymore.
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by powerkey: 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
elefind:
Good day Nairalanders, I know how we all talk about startups, how to play safe and not to avoid failing. My 28 Months startup failed before going public, it's not been easy for me because I have invested so much on this very startup, so much time and energy has been put into the project to bring it to reality.
I failed on this very startup project all resources gone I'm back to square one trying to stand on my feet again I can't face friends and family anymore.

chat me lets talk
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by elefind(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
powerkey:

chat me lets talk
I just DM you.
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by Kymztech: 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
Take heart bro mine failed too but am still pushing
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by ScanGist: 7:14am On Oct 21, 2019
Call me, let's do something
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by CodeTemplar: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
hmmm... startups fail of or one major reason. The driver's inexperience.
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by CodeTemplar: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
And what's urs about?
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by shegzhkn: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
elefind:

M sorry for your loss , if I may ask what does your startup do ?
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by MountainView: 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2019
CodeTemplar:
hmmm... startups fail of or one major reason. The driver's inexperience.

I don't think so, in his case, It's not even funds, It's the fact that Nobody needs a new social networking site

2 Likes

Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by CodeTemplar: 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
MountainView:

I don't think so, in his case, It's not even funds, It's the fact that Nobody needs a new social networking site
You only asserted my point. His inexperience cost him. How can he try to build a SM from scratch for something that Facebook could easily create a module or plugin for in 48 hours?
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by MountainView: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You only asserted my point. His inexperience cost him. How can he try to build a SM from scratch for something that Facebook could easily create a module or plugin for in 48 hours?
We are all saying the same thing, then
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by elefind(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
CodeTemplar:
There is nothing new under the sun, the world research and improve on old or existing ideas. nothing really too special or totally new, the niche can do more better. I've learnt a good lesson that I failed at something I learned the experience, the risk and also the shame. But it's a good thing to try your best at somet hing which I did. And for those badmouthing me I'm not surprised at all "A Nigerian will always be a Nigerian" that negative mindset towards your fellow, jumping to conclusions when you don't even know the full story. we only celebrate those that flaunt cars and other expensive stuff, if it were to be huspupy I know you will be making prayer point like "Baba God locate me".
what if the startup become successful? what if it becomes the next big thing in Africa? every man falls but when you fall you stand up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by elefind(m): 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
ScanGist:
Call me, let's do something
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by MountainView: 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
elefind:

There is nothing new under the sun, the world research and improve on old or existing ideas. nothing really too special or totally new, the niche can do more better. I've learnt a good lesson that I failed at something I learned the experience, the risk and also the shame. But it's a good thing to try your best at somet hing which I did. And for those badmouthing me I'm not surprised at all "A Nigerian will always be a Nigerian" that negative mindset towards your fellow, jumping to conclusions when you don't even know the full story. we only celebrate those that flaunt cars and other expensive stuff, if it were to be huspupy I know you will be making prayer point like "Baba God locate me".
what if the startup become successful? what if it becomes the next big thing in Africa? every man falls but when you fall you stand up.

It's not like that Bro, nobody is badmouthing you, it's just that, Technology is changing and it's moving towards AI and automation.

The dotcom bubble is no more, if you were around during the dotcom bubble in a Western world, with your idea, you might be the Mark Zuckerberg we all admire today, who knows?

What I have to say to you, its quite simple.
Now, you've gained an experience, that's for sure, use that experience to your own advantage.

Build something people wants and needs

Turn that into a very marketable product.

Don't invest your own money, if you know you don't have enough.

Read my lips, Don't invest your own money

Investors would eventually come,once they notice you're solving a problem.

The key is solve a problem, people would pay you for it.

All the Tech Billionaires you know, are all solving a problem, don't you think so?

And just in case you don't know, they are all moving toward Automation, try and learn and improve, God willing an idea will come to you, that will change many lives.

Which will in-turn make you money.

Just learn from your mistake.

Success doesn't come to those who fall and remain on the floor, it comes to those who never stop trying and getting up to their feet.

My 2 cents, though

6 Likes

Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by elefind(m): 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
MountainView:

It's not like that Bro, nobody is badmouthing you, it's just that, Technology is changing and it's moving towards AI and automation.

The dotcom bubble is no more, if you were around during the dotcom bubble in a Western world, with your idea, you might be the Mark Zuckerberg we all admire today, who knows?

Now, you've gained an experience, that's for sure, use that experience to your own advantage.

All the Tech Billionaires you know, are all solving a problem

And just in case you don't know, they are all moving toward Automation, try and learn and improve, God willing an idea will come to you, that will change many lives.

Success doesn't come to those who fall and remain on the floor, it comes to those who never stop trying and getting up to their feet.

My 2 cents, though

Thanks a lot.

3 Likes

Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by MountainView: 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
elefind:

Thanks a lot.

Do you know about "Mutual funds"?
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by Abcruz(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
MountainView:

All the Tech Billionaires you know, are all solving a problem, don't you think so?

My 2 cents, though

You have spoken well and this is nothing but the plain truth.
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by najib632(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
elefind:

I support you 100% bro keep on trying but this time around restratergise and read a lot of business books you could get a new inspiration. Some times I cry bro... I hope we succeed.
Re: My Startup Failed in 28 months by TheManOfTheYear: 6:12am On Oct 25, 2019
MountainView:

My 2 cents, though
Best advice so far.
I was privileged to speak with the CEO of Jobberman, and she told me the exact same thing.

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Developer, Designer Or Tech Enthusiast In Kaduna? / 18 Yr-Old Nigerian Launches Website To Disrupt Africa's Job Recruitment Industry / Where Can I Find Good Programmers In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.