Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Help Me Review My Startup Idea - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me Review My Startup Idea (605 Views)

Review My App I Built From Scratch / My Startup Failed in 28 months / With This 10 Tips You Would Hire The Best Developer For Your Startup idea. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Bloomsbury(m): 9:47am On May 03, 2023
I've been thinking of crazy idea. I don't know if it's feasible.

The idea isn't that unique though. So I will really need the tips and suggestions from experts in the house.

I have seen a lot of videos online and on YouTube on so many people starting out their delivery business, cargo delivery, truck delivery, van delivery and logistics company. So many logistics company from one man business to multi national delivery companies.

My idea is an UBER FOR LOGISTICS/DELIVERY

I will soon start my studies in Georgia institute of Technology and wanted to utilize the opportunity to build on this idea.

For now, my target market will be USA

Why?

Because they have first of all solved my identity problem with the SSN and EIN stuff. I don't need to start asking too much questions about their background and profile before they can register to be my delivery agents or customers.

So even someone with a bicycle can be a delivery agent delivering goods on my app.

So just like Uber, Customers search for delivery agents close to them, see their rate, connect and chat up with agents and send their goods and track their goods in real time.

For now, we won't handle payments on th app. Delivery agents will negotiate with customers on how much they want to charge on their own offline. But they can chat with customers on the app, schedule even a video call on the app.

Our revenue model will be subscription. People pay a small amount $10/mo to be delivering goods on our app/to be agents or delivery people.

So what do you think about this idea?
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by truthCoder: 9:58am On May 03, 2023
Check out https://www.doordash.com

They have a similar concept already in play in the US.

Do you have a USP that is different from theirs?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by airsaylongcome: 12:12pm On May 03, 2023
truthCoder:
Check out https://www.doordash.com

They have a similar concept already in play in the US.

Do you have a USP that is different from theirs?

Lol! I hadn't seen this your response when I responded the same Doordash to the OP on his thread were his idea was to use Starlink as a "mini ISP" as he put it. Even gave him Coopcycle as an open source solution for bicycle delivery. Still don't see a USP in his offering. I'm not saying it's not a bank able idea. Just don't see how he will go toe-to-toe with Doordash or Deliveroo

1 Like

Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Bloomsbury(m): 2:04pm On May 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I hadn't seen this your response when I responded the same Doordash to the OP on his thread were his idea was to use Starlink as a "mini ISP" as he put it. Even gave him Coopcycle as an open source solution for bicycle delivery. Still don't see a USP in his offering. I'm not saying it's not a bank able idea. Just don't see how he will go toe-to-toe with Doordash or Deliveroo

Thanks for all your input. Am not trying to compete anyone here whether doordash or heaven dash. Like I said I wanted to maximize my best time studying at Georgia Tech. I don't have hopes of it being a billion dollars idea. Am not planning on raising VC funds for it at all. All am looking for if it can be a profitable idea I can be using to make passive income while studying, and something I can graduate and keep working on and sponsor myself as for H1B.

My goal is to build, make passive income till I graduate and sell the company on Microacquire, simple!!!

The startup I will be working on to possibly be a billion dollar Company is an AI bypasser similar to Conch ai
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Aminu212: 5:29pm On May 03, 2023
Op, you can succeed with your idea since other company are already into it, all you have to do is find somethings that they are not doing and include it with yours cheesy

You just have to believe in yourself first before anyone can, if you don't, nobody will believe for you smiley
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2023
What visa are you going to use to do a business in the US? You can't even run a business while on H1B and even that isn't sure now to get.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by truthCoder: 7:16pm On May 03, 2023
Bloomsbury:

Thanks for all your input. Am not trying to compete anyone here whether doordash or heaven dash. Like I said I wanted to maximize my best time studying at Georgia Tech. I don't have hopes of it being a billion dollars idea. Am not planning on raising VC funds for it at all. All am looking for if it can be a profitable idea I can be using to make passive income while studying, and something I can graduate and keep working on and sponsor myself as for H1B.

My goal is to build, make passive income till I graduate and sell the company on Microacquire, simple!!!

The startup I will be working on to possibly be a billion dollar Company is an AI bypasser similar to Conch ai

Denigrating established competition wont help you.

One of the key requirements of a business is the SWOT analysis. You must identify your threats to business and understand how to mitigate them. Being heady is not a solution.

If you are not looking for VCs, then you hopefully have enough funds to legally register, insure, promote and manage the proposed business in USA.
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by airsaylongcome: 9:29am On May 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
What visa are you going to use to do a business in the US? You can't even run a business while on H1B and even that isn't sure now to get.

I hear say Naija guys don dey use EB2 take enter with PR
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I hear say Naija guys don dey use EB2 take enter with PR

Yeah but this isn't so sure as they make it look o. If it was that sure for everyone all this MIT and Harvard guys go dey do am even forget the OPT and H1B route.
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Bloomsbury(m): 4:44pm On May 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Nice observation. EB2(c) for the main time, until I finalize filling the USA citizenship by marriage
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Bloomsbury(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2023
truthCoder:

Denigrating established competition wont help you.

One of the key requirements of a business is the SWOT analysis. You must identify your threats to business and understand how to mitigate them. Being heady is not a solution.

If you are not looking for VCs, then you hopefully have enough funds to legally register, insure, promote and manage the proposed business in USA.

You're right. I have another Startup which will give me all the needed funds to build this Startup
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Bloomsbury(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but this isn't so sure as they make it look o. If it was that sure for everyone all this MIT and Harvard guys go dey do am even forget the OPT and H1B route.

Get a strong immigration lawyer and you're good to go. That's what am doing. I highly recommend Argos Visa ex-consular officers.
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Bloomsbury(m): 4:50pm On May 04, 2023
Aminu212:
Op, you can succeed with your idea since other company are already into it, all you have to do is find somethings that they are not doing and include it with yours cheesy

You just have to believe in yourself first before anyone can, if you don't, nobody will believe for you smiley

Thanks for boosting my morale. I learnt the hardway that the best way to launch a company is to have an existing network or audience who knows you. That's why I started a publishing and news company.

They will be my initial audience to launch to.

I have carefully studied competitors and I know what users are requesting they lack, I will use that as my entry point.
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by tosinhtml: 5:02pm On May 04, 2023
Bloomsbury:

You sound like someone who doesn't even know what he is doing, you want to build a startup & you are not interested in taking time to study the companies already offering the service. A lot of companies don't even make money with their product, so this passive income you speak of, where would the money come from? Before something becomes profitable, a lot of running & organisation cost will be involved, this is a lot to handle.

If you want to build a solid product, then build it & see it grow. If it is passive income that you're worried about, forget it you won't make any profits in your first 2 years, what you will have is revenue & that's not passive income.

I am not subscribed to all this aspire to maguire stories.
Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2023
ChatGPT:

As an AI language model, I don't have the capacity to judge a business idea or provide professional advice regarding it. However, I can provide general observations and suggestions based on what you shared:

1. The concept of an Uber for logistics/delivery is not new, as you mentioned. There are already a few established companies that operate on the same model, such as Postmates, Instacart, and Doordash. So, you will need to think about how your app will differentiate itself and offer a unique value proposition to users.

2. The subscription-based revenue model could work, but you will need to consider other revenue streams as well, such as taking a commission on each delivery or offering premium features to customers and agents.

3. Building an app from scratch will require a significant investment of time and money. You will need to have a clear plan on how to fund the development and marketing of your app and attract enough users to make it profitable.

4. Managing a network of delivery agents will come with its own challenges, such as ensuring quality control, managing disputes, and ensuring timely payments. You will need to have a robust system in place to manage these issues and provide good customer support.

Overall, the idea of an Uber for logistics/delivery is a promising one, but it will require careful planning, market research, and execution to make it successful. Good luck with your studies and future entrepreneurship endeavors!

1 Like

Re: Help Me Review My Startup Idea by Najdorf: 9:22pm On May 05, 2023
Don't get why you're in a hurry.

You've made sure to remind us up to five times that you're going to Georgia Tech grin. I'm familiar enough with US schools to know that you're gonna have a lot of opportunities to grow, learn and network over there. Why not take more time really think about the problem you want to solve and how you want to go about it?

Right now it seems like you're way to eager to make a quick buck which should not be the attitude. Just my thoughts.

(1) (Reply)

Java For Beginners Part 2 / Java Community I Need Help / Help With Weighted Round-robin” Scheduling System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.