Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,787 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? (3711 Views)

4-year-old Child Blinds 5-year-old Friend With Needle / Missing 3-year Old Child / A 5year Old Girl With An Outstanding bosom(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by iaabc(f): 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
Thats what happens in Canada too and in probably every other developed country, but unless mutter says otherwise, I really think it was a subject of discussion rather than report on abuse.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by mutter(f): 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
No it was the birds and bees information . The teacher he kids talk probably to know how much the knew, so she could step in appropriately. It is the 3 class, the other kids are mostly 8 and a few 9, mine just started earlier.
The teachers here have ways of getting information from kids. From KG the have the morning circle and kids tell what happened over the weekend at home. I groom my kids pretty early about what is private and what not.
One has to be real careful because sometimes these teachers have a vivid imagination.
I recollect an incident in the primary school, the little girl was crying because she was to go on holiday to a W african country without her mum, just the dad.
Before you knew it the teacher informed the social workers that the girl was to be circumcised in Africa, that was why the dad was taking her home.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

lets agree to disagree

here in the UK thats how they con kids to tell what happens in their home hence kids turn to be aware of what is abuse i.e hitting them s/he will tell you that s/he was told that parents shouldnt hit kids

how did they know becoz the kids where asked if parents hit them and how do they hit them

exactly how i know it happens in thé European contries. My friend 7 yrs olé girl came backgammon from school and told thé mother that his teacher asked her if dad and mum hits her sometimes when she go wrong.
But she said mummy i didnt tell her u use to, becos i was scared u might hit me more. Trust kids born in Nigeria, thé Nigeria blood dey flow. My friend laughed and said dont ever tell ur teacher anything we do at home, thé kid said yrs Mummy.
I think they spoil kids with this stupid method, parent try to correct their kids does not means that they hâte or want to kill Thier kids. All thèse social workers are out there seekingfor children so they give out in adoption. I one do a training in a social estabishment, what i saw was not what they really claim they are, they even punish stuborn kids placed in thier care in a way that a parent Will not. So mâle we leave matter.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by beneli(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
My 6 year old son has started asking the dreaded 'birds and the bees' question. . .

His mum was taken aback this morning when he came to her with his little Encyclopaedia of Everything and started asking how the spem from the man manages to get to the eggs inside the woman! Embarrased, she took the book from him to see for herself what kind of information he had already gleaned from it. To her relief - and disappointment, i must add - the book had been miserly and very subtle with the information, possibly meant to arouse enough curiosity in the child for it to then go and have that unavoidable conversation with its parents.

Now I am stuck with having to have that conversation - after his mum washed her hands off it and told him that I would be explaining it to him when i get back from work!
On the phone she said; 'the time has come for you to start having the man to man talk with your son!'

To help me out in this rather difficult situation, I have had to do a bit of googling to find the best way to go about explaining sex to a 6 year old precocious kid!
The advise I am getting is that I should use appropriate words like 'p*enis' and 'v*agina' and then be as honest as possible . . yeah right - honest, indeed!

I don't know whether I should be looking forward or be dreading having that conversation this evening. . .

No, actually I am dreading the conversation!
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Carlosein(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^i actually think the best way is to be direct and honest with the kid.
if you don't tell them at home, they'd just go out and get info outside.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Genius100: 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2011
This is easy. Just tell the kid, babies come from mommy's tummy. If they ask how do the babies come out, tell them the Doctor opens up Mommmy's tummy and brings out the kid. If they ask how the kid got into Mommy's tummy in the first place, You say Daddy put it there. If they ask how, well you are on your own with that one, grin
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by nike4luv(f): 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
Mr uzoh:

The answers above will help! guess so.
NairaLand is becoming funny. i guess they are tired of running it here cos they dont care how the forumites feel here.

They just do whatever they want.
I hope they turn a new leave.
Imagine changing a thread topic. funny! whats the impression?
why not tell you from the on set before clicking the submit button.

Uzoh,
nairaland moderators have a duty to make sure topics are accessible to all posters. i.e if a topic name can be misleading or not 'worded properly' we are within our rights to change it. we dont just 'do whatever we want'.
Thank You smiley
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by beneli(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2011
Phew. . . .just had the conversation!

Fortunately the Children's Encyclopaedia and another book 'what's happening to my body' - which he had been reading had very good illustrations of the human body. That made it a lot easier!

Me: I understand you wanted to know some things about how the eggs and the sp*erm meet. Is that correct?  
Son: No not really . . .
Me: then what was it you were asking you mum earlier on then?
Son: nothing! He says and pretends to be playing with his DS .
Mother interrupts us. 'Son, put that DS down. You don't have to be shy. And your dad is not angry with you. . .'
Me: You know what, why don't you go and get those books you've been reading so that we can have a look at what's in there. . .
He gets both books and then starts looking for the pages he was interested in. 'It's after the bit about animals. . .' he mutters, leafing through the pages and then hands over the books to me.
Me: okay. Very interesting illustrations. So tell me what you already know about how babies are made.
Son: The sp*erm and the eggs meet, I think and that's how babies are made.
Me: Very good. Do you know where the sp*erm and the eggs are produced, and how they eventually meet?
Son: No. . .

I then explain about how the body changes at puberty and how the organs meant for pissing transform into s*ex organs. And then how adults lie together in order for the p*enis to meet the v*agina etc etc. I ended up by letting him know that though at puberty his body changes and teenagers can become parents if they were to lie together and engage in the sex act that it's very important for people to wait until they have had a good education, gotten a good job and then fallen in love before they think about making babies.

Thank God that he agreed with me!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thank God He Saved Me From The Hands Of Ritualist In Abuja. / Mother Gives Birth To Son’s Baby / My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.