Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria (26515 Views)

Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / 101 Ways To Be Self-employed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hi Nairalanders.

I like to share information with people on ways they can start and run home businesses on the side. You can request for a free e-book on 20 home businesses you can start in Nigeria Today by sending me an email: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com

Becoming self-employed has been outlined as one of the three ways to become financially independent (able to live well on passive income or without a salary). The other two are businesses and investments.

If you are tired of searching endlessly for a job then this is for you. If you are working but wondering why working for someone else can be frustrating and exhausting I can tell you it is one of 3 things;

1. You hate your job, because it is stressful to you.
2. Your job doesn't pay enough or
3. You want something that really challenges you, not the boring repetitive tasks you do everyday on the Job.

But quitting your job may not be an option - if any of these 5 things stares you in the face and you can't beat your chest to say I have them, then they would prevent you from becoming self-employed in Nigeria and no - man no man is not one of them.

1. Hustling Spirit.
This is true for more than 90% of job seekers and even employed people. If you don't know how to start a business and source for customers you will never feel ready to start a business but that can change your financial situation.

2. One Proven Business Idea
Even if you feel you are ready to start a business, finding one business you can stick to and that will work and pay the bills can be a real challenge. You can solve this problem by Asking yourself - what can I do (very well and easily) for people that they are willing to pay me for?

3. Willingness to take Risks
Risk is synonymous with uncertainty and uncertainty means knowing less. The more you know and understand a business, the less risky it will be for you. Most businesses will fail and that is a fact of life. But businesses owned by people very knowledgeable and skilled in their affairs tend to weather the storm and remain afloat when others collapse. That means go into a business you thoroughly understand

4. Start with whatever you have
Even if you have no money, skill and ideas can makeup for the shortage. All you need are motivated and productive people willing to work with you. A little creativity can help out here.

5. Have a set goal for your future
This should be number one on this list. The goal is the intended destination in 5, 10 or 15 years time. All plans must flow from goals and all goals are only achievable when they are well thought out and given a set deadline.

To your success and Mine

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by mayskit4luv(m): 7:34am On Oct 26, 2019
Ok..
Everybody don turn motivational speaker, of which na set up!
I believe this FTC comes with a lot of goody bags. Well I go wait for my bonus sha

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by helinues: 7:34am On Oct 26, 2019
Nigeria is not yet matured for young entrepreneurs.

The environments are not conducive
If not instant returns, nobody is interested in your ideas
The millionaires that dashed BBA contestants money dont even want to hear young entrepreneurs ( Na threats to them )

In summary, UP Nepa go frustrate person life heh ( even if you get money for fuel, what if your generator no work)

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by AssoJnr: 7:35am On Oct 26, 2019
Nice one
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by abdollar04246(m): 7:35am On Oct 26, 2019
smiley
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:35am On Oct 26, 2019
K
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Jordan97: 7:35am On Oct 26, 2019
grin
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by harlee(m): 7:35am On Oct 26, 2019
Its not as easy as written down,u still need cash,how do u move around when u don't even have 50# to take bike to ur bus stop.

24 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by SOFTENGR: 7:36am On Oct 26, 2019
I want to read comments.
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by dgr8truth(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2019
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by McGg: 7:36am On Oct 26, 2019
Easier said than done.... Social media have got everybody thinking that entrepreneurship is easy

15 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by FlokiBanks24(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2019
Thanks man for this truth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by franchasng: 7:37am On Oct 26, 2019
Don't ever stop reading and researching for new ideas even if you are currently making it big.

Remember, the business you are into today will definitely have more daring competitors with time, so start researching next business or investment to venture into or else, you will soon go out of business and you will start saying surviving in Nigeria is difficult when it is actually difficult to sustain a business anywhere in the world!!

Remember Nokia died because they refused to adapt to peoples needs and demands, they stayed glued to Symbian OS whle the world craved for something smarter which Android offered and pushed Nokia and BlackBerry out of market.

BlackBerry too refused to learn and where are they today

Hummer SUV aka Hummer Jeep also refused to learn and they went into oblivion!

But look at Google, they keep researching and bringing new business ideas and also making sure they are helping others make money, so make sure your business is helping other people to also succeed and make money if not, people will grow tired of patronizing you.

Is your business helping people to make money Is your business helping people to also grow their own businesses and life If not, your business will not live long!

Facebook, Instagram, Google, Amazon, Alibaba, etc are waxing bigger daily because they are not just getting rich alone, they are also creating millionaires all over the world so people will forever be happy patronizing them.

This is another reason Nairaland will live long; its helping people succeed too through networking for those that have sense grin

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by wisdomeze(m): 7:38am On Oct 26, 2019
my sister finally got married to that her electrician boyfriend and we were all shocked. thank God no one died.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by franchasng: 7:38am On Oct 26, 2019
McGg:
Easier said than done.... Social media have got everybody thinking that entrepreneurship is easy
Entrepreneurship is actually easy if you explore and exploit your personal skills, and again it is good to work to gain some experience you can apply and to save up startup capital

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 26, 2019
OP YOU FORGOT TO MENTION YAHOO YAHOO

YAHOO HAS REALLY MADE ALOT OF YOUNG NIGERIANS SELF EMPLOYED ESPECIALLY THE LAZY YOUTHS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by naijadrivablog: 7:39am On Oct 26, 2019
grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by damaliesam: 7:39am On Oct 26, 2019
abeg wetin Nigeria and Hungary play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by technuel: 7:42am On Oct 26, 2019
harlee:
Its not as easy as written down,u still need cash,how do u move around when u don't even have 50# to take bike to ur bus stop.
Then you trek
I once treked from Egbeda to Ikeja to look for Job
But today i am Co Founder of a Media Company and also a Real Estate Consultant with a Big Real Estate Firm in Lagos
You have to keep moving no matter the hurdles, no matter the challenges.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Florblu(f): 7:42am On Oct 26, 2019
The problem of many individual is laziness. They are too lazy to get up in the morning and go to work amidst traffic and rain. Hence, they opt to become an entrepreneur. Some don't even have the required energy and not proactive enough.to get themselves job. Reason you hear them say "There is no job in this country" True! Getting a job in this country.is difficult and tedious.

Most.people who preach to young people about entrepreneurship are.not even successful entrepreneur themselves so I sometimes wonder what pool of wisdom is their knowledge coming from.

My point exactly is entrepreneurship requires more much energy than working for someone. If you are not ready to work twice as much as you are working for another person, then I don't see you become a successful entrepreneur.

13 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Shakaranews2: 7:46am On Oct 26, 2019
Kind of thread I love.

Meanwhile, here is a shocking untold story of Ghanaian dwarf, Shatta Bandles you never heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc23BcgD7sc
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by ShawttySoFyne(f): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2019
Yes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:50am On Oct 26, 2019
Entrepreneurship is bae!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2019
The only hustle that pays is yahoo
Argue with ur ancestors undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Livi2020(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2019
Please tell me more about the Networking here i m very much intrested
franchasng:
Don't ever stop reading and researching for new ideas even if you are currently making it big.

Remember, the business you are into today will definitely have more daring competitors with time, so start researching next business or investment to venture into or else, you will soon go out of business and you will start saying surviving in Nigeria is difficult when it is actually difficult to sustain a business anywhere in the world!!

Remember Nokia died because they refused to adapt to peoples needs and demands, they stayed glued to Symbian OS whle the world craved for something smarter which Android offered and pushed Nokia and BlackBerry out of market.

But look at Google, they keep researching and bringing new business ideas and also making sure they are helping others make money, so make sure your business is helping other people to also succeed and make money if not, people will grow tired of patronizing you.

Is your business helping people to make money Is your business helping people to also grow their own businesses and life If not, your business will not live long!

Facebook, Instagram, Google, Amazon, Alibaba, etc are waxing bigger daily because they are not just getting rich alone, they are also creating millionaires all over the world so people will forever be happy patronizing them.

This is another reason Nairaland will live long; its helping people succeed too through networking for those that have sense grin
Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by franchasng: 8:03am On Oct 26, 2019
Livi2020:
Please tell me more about the Networking here i m very much intrested
if you make good use of Nairaland, you can kick start your first successful business from Nairaland.

If you make good use of Nairaland, you can find your best romance or sex or life or business partner from here, everything depends on you and how you make use of the enormous opportunity this Nairaland forum offers.

So many successful Nigerian businesses you hear about today kick started on Nairaland.

Use your number 6 grin

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by franchasng: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2019
ShawttySoFyne:
Yes,but i need startup cash
Get a small paid job, don't mind the pay but make sure its close to your house so you can trek to work, take food to work, discipline yourself, do it for 1 - 2 years and save up.

But first, make sure you have a business idea and or skill, then invest your savings in the idea, that's how many successful business owners you see started.

Some did apprenticeship for close to 10yrs, and its another great way to get started if you can be humble and focused on your goal, because you will gain a lot of unquantifiable skills from doing apprenticeship with a successful business person.

And with internet technology today, starting a business is now easy if you know what you are doing and ready to shun pride!!

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by mayorall(m): 8:06am On Oct 26, 2019
franchasng:

You made lotta sense...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 26, 2019
Florblu:
The problem of many individual is laziness. They are too lazy to get up in the morning and go to work amidst traffic and rain. Hence, they opt to become an entrepreneur. Some don't even have the required energy and not proactive enough.to get themselves job. Reason you hear them say "There is no job in this country" True! Getting a job in this country.is difficult and tedious.

Most.people who preach to young people about entrepreneurship are.not even successful entrepreneur themselves so I sometimes wonder what pool of wisdom is their knowledge coming from.

My point exactly is entrepreneurship requires more much energy than working for someone. If you are not ready to work twice as much as you are working for another person, then I don't see you become a successful entrepreneur.

Sometimes I wonder if you think with your anus. So, they should go under the rain and traffic to help someone make money and gain only ten percent or less, when they can put in the same effort and have it all? You’re so brainless which is why you’ll remain poor.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / Anambra State FRSC Officials Pictured Sleeping In Office After Drinking / How Other Staffs In The Office See It Admins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.