Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” (24297 Views)

5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / How To Self-improve As An Individual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by 2mercy: 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
Locally recruited staffers of the Nigerian High Commission London would from April 20th have their employment status changed from “employee” to “self-employed “ the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports on Wednesday.

This development is contained in a memo addressed to the staff by Mrs Helen Nzeako, the Commission’s Head of Chancery.

Nzeako stated that the decision was “sequel to the communication received from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on tax payment to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs Commission( HMRC), Embassy Unit’’.

Under the “self-employed’’ status, Nzeako said that staffers would be responsible for their National Insurance Contribution (NIC) and Income Taxes.

However, they would retain all benefits they currently enjoy such as Holiday, Maternity leave and sick leave.

She also said that they would enjoy salary increment as a gesture of goodwill.

NAN reports that in December 2018, the same locally recruited staff of the Commission were disengaged from service and their entitlement paid.

They were further advised to reapply for their various positions as contract staff in a move necessitated by the then ongoing restructuring of the High Commission following budgetary constraints.

Currently, over 50 locally recruited staff work for the Commission. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerian-high-commission-london-changes-staff-status-to-self-employed.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Sagamaje(m): 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
Format àyé grin

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Bluezy13(m): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hehehe...

Fear of Tax

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by utenwuson: 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
Lol this one na abroad news...... It can't make our condom return back to four instead of this three that we are seeing.... Meanwhile....

No one is as humble as a customer coming to buy on credit, he will be like"give me the fresh pepper for hand, save ur nylon"

Same way no one is as patient as a married man who want to buy a condom, he will be like '' don't worry u can attend to the rest, I can wait, I'm not in a hurry, I even came last.

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by moderatorr1: 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
Next le'el

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by CutenaijaMedia(m): 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
This is just the beginning in baba's voice grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
I don't understand anything there sad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by careytommy37(m): 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
The height of irresponsibility angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by princeade86(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
Fraud......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by three: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2019

Soon, the fraud that is this government will be acknowledged globally.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by MadCow1: 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2019
Huh?
Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Imstrong2(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
You can't evade tax in the UK, attitude held mostly by blacks ..African to be precise

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by WADZAS: 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hmm! shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by WADZAS: 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
Even the government are not responding to the embryonic stir! shocked
Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by oluemmakay(m): 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
utenwuson:
Lol this one na abroad news...... It can't make our condom return back to four instead of this three that we are seeing.... Meanwhile....

No one is as humble as a customer coming to buy on credit, he will be like"give me the fresh pepper for hand, save ur nylon"

Same way no one is as patient as a married man who want to buy a condom, he will be like '' don't worry u can attend to the rest, I can wait, I'm not in a hurry, I even came last.

Very funny...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by onajison(m): 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Who did we offend as a Nation?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by erico2k2(m): 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by makurnini: 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
Most commenters on this thread have no idea what this means

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by lloyds(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
I dont care if you call me Employee / Employer / Gate man / Manager / Driver or Cleaner . . call me anything as long as my income is not reduced and there is structured system for it's increase. .

Na money matter, no be name i go chop.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Admitwithschola: 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
Please read the below post and send to people that fully meet the specs.

https://www.nairaland.com/5127597/softer-tester-quality-assurance-job
Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Studyinchina200(m): 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2019
Over 50 workers and the embassy still not efficient

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Delejumi(m): 11:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Good day friends, you can please spare me 1-2 minutes to check this survey.
I'll greatly appreciate it.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQ-tK_ZFeuRJ6KY1W0nVHK0D3KUgV3p1G45ccfHU2TGKAEfQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Guyman02: 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
Just imagine over 50 oyinbo work in our high commission as full staff, how many Nigerians work in British high Commission in Nigeria as full staff? They are all placed on renewable contracts.
Thanks to Mrs Nzeako, this is why World Bank and IMF will continue to seek the services of Igbo women (no sentiments attached), they have the guts to cut costs and save money for their employer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by joyousever(f): 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
Funny u grin grin.
utenwuson:

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Lexusgs430: 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
No more pension contributions for them..............
Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by blackslayer: 12:03am On Apr 11, 2019
Imstrong2:
You can't evade tax in the UK, attitude held mostly by blacks ..African to be precise

What a daft generalization! Shameless display of willful Ignorance on a public domain at best! Shame on you, use your brain.....that's why you have one, albeit small!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Pavore9: 12:14am On Apr 11, 2019
makurnini:
Most commenters on this thread have no idea what this means

No iota of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” by Nairalandmentor(m): 12:23am On Apr 11, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? / See The 5 Rules Of Spending / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.