Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security (7450 Views)

Bhadresh Gohil: UK Court Fines Indian Lawyer £28M In Ibori's Corruption Case / Sanwo-olu Donates 120 Patrol Vehicles, 35 Patrol Motorcycles To Security Forces / South-West Governors Invite Army, Police, OPC To Security Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2019
Excuzeme:
Hmmm......this is certainly a racket by the Jonathan Administration. (2014) and it is benefitting someone from Edo State. Crooks

But make no mistake about it, if this beneficiary was one Northerner, no one would dare cancel the contract.

Remember that for years now, Gold is being mined in Zamfara State, with no accruement to the Fed. Treasury and no one is talking about it but when ordinary local boys in SS are trying to refine Crude oil in their backyard, for their small gain, Buhari will send the Navy, DSS and Army against them.
Even Ondo state cannot mine its Bitumen deposits which is reputed to be ablut the largets in the whole world, because the FEd Govt will not allow it.

You see why l say in this Nigeria, "Some Cows Animals are more equal than others"? undecided undecided
This systematic emasculation of Southerners has to stop. Buhri is a nepotistic tribalist.

So Buhari became "nepotistic" because he stop sleaze allegedly committed by Southerners? It is Buhari's fault that Illegal miniing of gold has been going on in Zamfara for years now (using your own words)......meanwhile you conveniently left out the fact that that same illegal mining is currently being stopped by Buhari and people are being arrested by the same DSS.

Well I know that for some people, they are ready to outsource faculty, mortgage our collective enterprise, relegate rational and moral reasoning to the background just for tribe. Who "tribe" hep?

You could not reason that someone is wickedly stealing from you and I, be it northerner or southerner...... You are protesting the stoppage of stealing.....

4 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 7:31am On Oct 21, 2019
Excuzeme:

But why is it that it is only in the South of Nigeria they see the greedy wolves to weed?
This one sided manner is not how to fight corruption, it just shows that the man is super-corrupt and cunning, using his corruption fight to decimate one part of the country, to the advantage of his own part.

Mind you, l am for a complete and impartial decimation of all these crooks, but l want it doen without this partiality that Buhari is operating.

the underlined is the biggest fallacy of your statement. It is self delusion. Your stand is hardly against crime. Your stand is to allow your brother to continue to steal, because you believe others are not caught.

Pray tell, did you take this position when Atiku's Intels contract was stopped?

4 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 7:33am On Oct 21, 2019
fkj950ax:

Is OMSL a government agency? It is a private company doing business. Why should it remit to the government?
Is it in the contract with NPA to collect on behalf of government?

It's all about the DOLLARs. Amaechi and all the people in government wants to be the people collecting $1500/day will 2023.

So OMSL as a private company can be in a contract and operate on Nigerian waters at the detriment of Nigeria?

You are OK with the contract provided "Amaechi does not get the money"?

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 7:36am On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

The person behind OMSL is the former Flag officer of the western naval command

That was the same model Atiku's Intels started and run over the years.........privatise a part of port/marine activities but in actual sense, it is about collecting rent that hardly gets to govt coffers

5 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by fkj950ax(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2019
mapet:

So OMSL as a private company can be in a contract and operate on Nigerian waters at the detriment of Nigeria?

You are OK with the contract provided "Amaechi does not get the money"?

Why are private securities providing bullion services or guards at homes, businesses or offices?

We keep saying the government has no business in business, but we want government to do everything.

Until all SSA's are stopped and not one of them, then I will take you and your government serious.
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by fkj950ax(m): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2019
mapet:

Pray tell, why would Atlas Cove be blown up with corrupt govt of the past if the below is the end-game.

Government is continuous. There is no APC, PDP, GEJ, OBJ or PMB.

I won't respond to you further if you are of the school of thought of "past government".

Leave me with my senselessness.

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by fkj950ax(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

I dare you to show me a similar arrangement in the USA where a private company uses coast guard asset to protect a select area of American waters .. When the US uses private contractors for security e.g blackwater they do it abroad and in clearly spelt protection terms and not racketeering .

Your last sentence kills all you wrote.
USGovt used Blackwater on American Soil during Katrina.
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 8:52am On Oct 21, 2019
fkj950ax:

Government is continuous. There is no APC, PDP, GEJ, OBJ or PMB.

I won't respond to you further if you are of the school of thought of "past government".

Leave me with my senselessness.

That I don't get your argument (meaningless) here aside, you mean we should blank the background to the issue and take decision without basis?

That you won't respond to me further....... I respect that and I will reciprocate.
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2019
fkj950ax:

Why are private securities providing bullion services or guards at homes, businesses or offices?

We keep saying the government has no business in business, but we want government to do everything.

Until all SSA's are stopped and not one of them, then I will take you and your government serious.

I read this last so I need to respond
Going by this analogy
1. You mean those bullion services took over a statutory government function via proxy, are operating a govt business and pays no returns to govt?
2. Govt has no business in business - like security of our waters?
3. Your closing point makes no sense in the context of the issue in discussion so I won't bother address that

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by Reference(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2019
stonemasonn:
I tell you.

Nigeria is full of rent seekers, keep taking left and right but giving back nothing.

What is our business. When we asked you guys to consider restructuring your leaders say it is unnecessary.
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 21, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
This is why people say that journalism in Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

The owner of OMSL Ltd is known but the journalists are scared of mentioning his name.

Total bullshit!

/

Lol no vex. Ocean marine services is one of Capt Okunbors too-good-to-be-true companies. That's why tompolo was beefin him that early 2016. It's tussle/jealousy over these awoof contracts lol.

There's another of his firms, PPP fluid mechanics, that was involved in transporting oil from some fields to PH and Warri refineries. A larger vessel took the oil in and dispatched to lighter ones that fed the refineries thru their jetties. This was a much larger contract tho. Several billion naira monthly then.

He's a smart operator tho. For the most part Buhari tenure has also favored him as well. Sorry to say but he's a rent seeker just like the others.

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by FarahAideed: 9:29am On Oct 21, 2019
mapet:

That was the same model Atiku's Intels started and run over the years.........privatise a part of port/marine activities but in actual sense, it is about collecting rent that hardly gets to govt coffers

Not the same with Intel's at all, intels was offering real cabotage services and not pay for protection racketeering
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by FarahAideed: 9:44am On Oct 21, 2019
fkj950ax:

Your last sentence kills all you wrote.
USGovt used Blackwater on American Soil during Katrina.

But katrina was force majuere event and Black water didn't ask Katrina residents to pay for protection ... The whole arrangement of SAA smacks of criminal racketeering and gangsterism so should be scrapped ..That's not a business model but extortion . The govt must make sure all other SAAs are closed and not just OMSL because if it's just OMSL then it will mean the agenda is sinister and not sincere
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by fkj950ax(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

But katrina was force majuere event and Black water didn't ask Katrina residents to pay for protection

FYI SSAs do not compel vessels in Nigerian waters to use their services. It is if you want. Optional. A whole lot of vessels just sail into Nigerian waters or anchor until they are cleared to berth at any of the ports. So how is it extortion? Or forced to pay for protection?

SSAs only came into play because the Navy is and has been ineffective.
And if the government can fix the Navy to properly protect the GoG, SSAs will die a natural death. Shipping companies won't need them.
SSAs came as a response to pirates attacks when there was a crisis in the Gulf of Guinea. The concept was spearheaded by the Shipping Companies who were fed up with the Government and Navy's ineptitudes.
They rather pay $2k/day for protection and safety than get hijacked and pay hundreds of thousands to millions of $$$$ to NIGERIAN pirates.

At the inception of SSAs as a business, was the Nigerian government and agencies sleeping? MoUs and JVs were drawn up. NIMASA, Navy, NPA, MoD, DMI etc etc are all involved in the approval process. The boats used by SSAs are Nigerian Navy and NIMASA approved.
Now, MoT is looking at the commercial side of the business and hiding behind security to cancel SSAs.

This is the same nonsense they did with Intel Logistics...

The government is not sincere with you.
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 12:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

Not the same with Intel's at all, intels was offering real cabotage services and not pay for protection racketeering

Yet chose at what time and what value of money to remit?

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by FarahAideed: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
mapet:

Yet chose at what time and what value of money to remit?

The closure of Intel's was 100 percent political stop the opposition from having access to funding so let's not decieve ourselves ..the sharing ratio was open , 70% to FG and 30% to the initiator Intel's but the Buhari govt breached Intel's not because it's 70% wasn't being remitted but because INTELs didn't pay its own share of 30% into the TSA ..very laughable , we all know it was dirty politics at work ..
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by Excuzeme: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
KosiGee:
OMSL according to Amaechi has been collecting $1500 per day since 2014 and has neither remitted any money to the NPA nor the Federal government!

I think this is where the EFCC is needed. Insecurity and major crimes in Nigeria are fuelled by politicians and same people that we see on tv and the media acting like patriots. These people are epitomes of evil.

You can tell from the language of the NPA boss that she’s worried about the evil stakeholders in the illegal fees initiating and propagating violence and insecurities to justify the continued existence of OMSL. I hope the police DSS investigate the person and person behind the company.
Nigeria must be salvaged from evil people.

The DSS and Police are too busy arresting and indefinitely locking up Protesters like Sowore and journalist like Agba, on the instructions of Buhari.
They dont have time for serious crimes like this one.
angry angry grin
Why wouuld a company be making close to $150Million ANNUALY, and yet not a penny remitted to the coffers of Govt in close to five years?
Which Govt official signed that kind of Contract?
This is the same way the same set of crooks signed a fraudulent contract with that Irish crook company called P&ID and now they sold Nigeria's asset and people to a crooked irish company!

It is not really the criminals that are the major problem but the Politicians and Civil Servants who are supposed to act in the best of PUBLIC INTEREST, going to connive with criminals to defraud the country.
These are TRASONABLE OFFENSES and shoudl be treated as such but Buhari is too busy with his nepotisitci, Fulanisation agenda to do things properly, the way it sholud be done.
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by Excuzeme: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

The closure of Intel's was 100 percent political stop the opposition from having access to funding so let's not decieve ourselves ..the sharing ratio was open , 70% to FG and 30% to the initiator Intel's but the Buhari govt breached Intel's not because it's 70% wasn't being remitted but because INTELs didn't pay its own share of 30% into the TSA ..very laughable , we all know it was dirty politics at work ..

This your postulation is not adding-up at all.
Paying all Govt income into the TSA is a law that was devised, to prevent abuse and corruption......Intels is supposed to not act like it is above that law.
Also, if Intels was the collecting company on behalf of the Govt, the money should FIRST GO INTO THE TSA ACCOUNT and AFTER WHICH Intels would then draw its own 30%. This way, Intels cannot short-change the Govt on how much was collected.

But Atiku as usual, the grandmaster of corruption, does not want the Fed Govt to know exactly how much was collected so that he can continue to give whatever amount he chooses, as 70%, to the FG...even if that actually amounts to 10% of what was actually collected.
Ofcourse, wielding the big stick at this moment has political undertone otherwise Atiku's Intels would just have been allowed to continue milking Nigeria as he has been doing since God knows when

It is the same grand theft that opeates in the NNPC till date, where some economic saboteurs, in collaboration with some filthy foreign Oil companies, are milking Nigerians dry and yet come on TV to tell us that Nigerian does not know how much Oil it sells
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by FarahAideed: 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
Excuzeme:

This your postulation is not adding-up at all.
Paying all Govt income into the TSA is a law that was devised, to prevent abuse and corruption......Intels is supposed to not act like it is above that law.
Also, if Intels was the collecting company on behalf of the Govt, the money should FIRST GO INTO THE TSA ACCOUNT and AFTER WHICH Intels would then draw its own 30%. This way, Intels cannot short-change the Govt on how much was collected.

But Atiku as usual, the grandmaster of corruption, does not want the Fed Govt to know exactly how much was collected so that he can continue to give whatever amount he chooses, as 70%, to the FG...even if that actually amounts to 10% of what was actually collected.
Ofcourse, wielding the big stick at this moment has political undertone otherwise Atiku's Intels would just have been allowed to continue milking Nigeria as he has been doing since God knows when

It is the same grand theft that opeates in the NNPC till date, where some economic saboteurs, in collaboration with some filthy foreign Oil companies, are milking Nigerians dry and yet come on TV to tell us that Nigerian does not know how much Oil it sells

Intel's was not collecting money on behalf of the govt Intel's was rendering cabotage services band getting paid...The only Money that belongs to to TSA is the govts 70% and nothing else ..Does Chevron pays it 40% JV earnings into TSA ? Tell me why Chevron is not paying its own 40% into TSA
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by mapet: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

Decieve yourself for all you want. I am even amused that you choose to go on a journey of self delusion... all what you posted here are self-delusion
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by FarahAideed: 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
mapet:

Decieve yourself for all you want. I am even amused that you choose to go on a journey of self delusion... all what you posted here are self-delusion

Why is the rule not being applied to Chevron's 40% in it's JVs with the same govt? Who is fooling who
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by sapele914(m): 4:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

The person or people that came up with this safe anchorage crap should be investigated for grand racketeering because they are definitely behind some of the pirates attacks outside the SAA
Jonathan Goodluck.
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by sapele914(m): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
FarahAideed:

Intel's was not collecting money on behalf of the govt Intel's was rendering cabotage services band getting paid...The only Money that belongs to to TSA is the govts 70% and nothing else ..Does Chevron pays it 40% JV earnings into TSA ? Tell me why Chevron is not paying its own 40% into TSA
Ask the Accountant General of The Federation, and after he tells you that they do pay their 40% JV, then you can go and hang yourself. I’m beginning to wonder if this FarahAideed, may be Timi prank, or Reno Omokri?
Re: NPA Cancels $133.28M SAA Fees To OMSL Limited Due To Security by sapele914(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
T
InvertedHammer:

/
This is why people say that journalism in Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

The owner of OMSL Ltd is known but the journalists are scared of mentioning his name.

Total bullshit!

/
Captain Hosa Wells Okunbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Seun Okinbaloye Of Channels TV? / Kwara State Governor, Deputy Take COVID-19 Vaccine / Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.