Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Most Parents Push Their Young Girls Into Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Most Parents Push Their Young Girls Into Marriage (432 Views)

Most Parents Of Today Are Raising An "Overdependent Generation" / My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage – Woman Laments / Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Parents Push Their Young Girls Into Marriage by newriver7: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
Marriage is something that has to be between two adults that gave their consent without being under pressure what so ever. However in Nigeria there are series of abuses of the word marriage. Most girls are pushed into marriage even before the ages of 16. The issue of early marriage has been investigated and most of the findings point to the effect of socio economic status of parents. If you love your daughter why derived joy from her sorrow? Why can’t the girl child be giving a quality education? Some of the girl child has more prospects than some of the male children. I have seen a girl running her father’s company very effectively… continue reading>>

Re: Why Most Parents Push Their Young Girls Into Marriage by Omojudy: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nobody push me. Na me rush enter at 22, with no idea what marriage was about. Well I didn’t rush out, marriage rushed out of me! Lol. Not a funny topic I know. Forgive me.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Parents Push Their Young Girls Into Marriage by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Most Parents Push Their Young Girls Into Marriage by Omojudy: 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
Breaststroke:

Lol grin, I have to say your candour is rare.

22 was young, I didn't even know 40% of what I know now about life.
Na so I do am oh! A BSc under my belt and the first man to propose, without a ring self!

(1) (Reply)

#trending : War Just Started Between King Saheed Osupa And A Lady / 7 Things To Get Rid Of In Order To Revive Your Marriage / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.