Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Is This Is A Scam Job - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This Is A Scam Job (323 Views)

Fidelity Bank High Yield Savings Account Is A Scam / Club Connect Data Retailer Is A Scam / Is Naija Taxi A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Is A Scam Job by MountainView: 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hello, I decided to go into freelancing,

I saw this client that dropped her email for a job worth around $1,500USD

the thing now is,

This is what she said

"l am located in USA.I always prefer to deal with Check and Money
order. Contact your relative or business representative in USA that
can help you receive the payment. I just need the name and address of
that person with cell phone number and I will send the check to him/her. The check will
cleared in the account within 24 hrs. Then he/she will transfer the
money to you and get started.Just send me the name and address of your
representative in USA, I need the name to be on the check and the
address to courier the check to.Please get back to me as soon as possible. I am just interested ingiven the job to you.Thank you"

Hpw legit is this??
Re: Is This Is A Scam Job by dominique(f): 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
With all the grammatical blunders, you're still wondering if it's scam or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Is A Scam Job by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
dominique:
With all the grammatical blunders, you're still wondering if it's scam or not

Grammatical blunders may not be the scam pointer here (a pointer nevertheless) .

@OP, be sincere, is the job worth $1500? Because oyinbo people don't part with the monies like that.

However, in my honest opinion, I think it's scam.
Re: Is This Is A Scam Job by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
MountainView:
Hello, I decided to go into freelancing,

I saw this client that dropped her email for a job worth around $1,500USD

the thing now is,

This is what she said

"l am located in USA.I always prefer to deal with Check and Money
order. Contact your relative or business representative in USA that
can help you receive the payment. I just need the name and address of
that person with cell phone number and I will send the check to him/her. The check will
cleared in the account within 24 hrs. Then he/she will transfer the
money to you and get started.Just send me the name and address of your
representative in USA, I need the name to be on the check and the
address to courier the check to.Please get back to me as soon as possible. I am just interested ingiven the job to you.Thank you"

Hpw legit is this??

It's a scam! Why would the person be "just want to give you the job"? Also, I don't see how necessary it s the client detailing how you can cash your cheque. LOL
Re: Is This Is A Scam Job by MountainView: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
mikezuruki:

Grammatical blunders may not be the scam pointer here (a pointer nevertheless) .

@OP, be sincere, is the job worth $1500? Because oyinbo people don't part with the monies like that.

However, in my honest opinion, I think it's scam.

She said she would pay an upfront, to the account, meanwhile it's a web development job that would require maintenance on a long run

As for the English, I don't think she is from the U.S sha
Re: Is This Is A Scam Job by Smartlife(m): 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
Why check? Can't she do western union for you? You should be careful not to fall for scammers. They would probably send a fake check with more money and ask you to send them the remaining balance once the check is cleared. When you do that, the bank will later discover it's a fake check and put that account on the minus of the withdrawn amount.

1 Like

Re: Is This Is A Scam Job by Hotfella(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
Solid Scam. That person is a yahoo boy in the check business. They need the details to send a fake check. When the check is received and deposited, they will turn around and tell you that they are no longer interested. You will then be given another account to send the money to. You will indirectly be working as their mule without knowing. Whoever owns the account into which the check cleared will get into trouble, when the bank discovers the fraud, they will debit the amount straight away from the person's balance. By then the scammers are long gone.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Registering NGO / Multinational Company Seeking Hair Retailers in Nigeria / Nfl---https://nfltop100.com/bears-vs-rams-2019/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.