Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Which Is Best For Data Science And Analytics? R Or Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Is Best For Data Science And Analytics? R Or Python (925 Views)

I Want To Add A Backend Tech To My Javascript Knowledge. Java, PHP Or Python? / .net Or Python? / PHP Or Python For Server-side Scripting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Best For Data Science And Analytics? R Or Python by kvngtomi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
I am a Data Scientist and I have been using Python for all my projects. But recently, I was told R too is good, even better. Please which one is better? Honest opinions
Re: Which Is Best For Data Science And Analytics? R Or Python by Abcruz(m): 11:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
Honestly speaking Python is the best because of it's simplicity, readability, versatility, extensive libraries and a large community of developers unlike R which was originally built mainly for statistical purpose.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best For Data Science And Analytics? R Or Python by kvngtomi(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2019
Abcruz:
Honestly speaking Python is the best because of it's simplicity, readability, versatility, extensive libraries and a large community of developers unlike R which was originally built mainly for statistical purpose.

But still when it comes to analytics, visualization, R is hot. I am an adept python lover, but R is mad when it comes to analytics
Re: Which Is Best For Data Science And Analytics? R Or Python by Abcruz(m): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2019
kvngtomi:

But still when it comes to analytics, visualization, R is hot. I am an adept python lover, but R is mad when it comes to analytics

Yeah. R thrives well in data analytics and visualization(a branch of statistics) no doubt about that. This is because it was has originally built for statistical purpose and it performes greatly on that area.

Python on the other hand is an all purpose language which thrives well on data science, machine learning and AI.

However, the choice of programming language should be a function of the task you wish to accomplish as Python and R has their strength and weaknesses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Source Python Project: Check Out Minify.tech / Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) / Is It Possible To Learn Algorithm And Data Structures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.