Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Open Source Python Project: Check Out Minify.tech - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Open Source Python Project: Check Out Minify.tech (923 Views)

Python Project Assignment / Open Source VTU Portal / Am Having Problem In Running My Python Project, Please Help Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Source Python Project: Check Out Minify.tech by OlamigokePhilip: 7:44am On Nov 05, 2019
Minify was just a pet project on my desktop folder, few days ago. I just decided to push online. But then you might find it useful too.

Before i go on explaining Minify, i Just wanted to share how it started. As a developer, i discovered that i had a folder on my PC that contained some shortcuts, stackoverflow links, code functions, solutions and guidelines to certain things that I often referenced. I felt the need to just digitize that aspect, give the codes proper format, highlighting and ability to easily share this with others.

Prior to this time, i just wanted to build it for myself.. But then i felt "Why not share it with others as a opensource project". for persons that might prefer to run it locally on their PC. But then I tried adding some other things like the Q&A section, community post etc, perhaps it could appeal to wider audience.

So Minify what is about

Minify is a free, opensource cloud diary for developers, to keep track and help store their codebase, boilerplates and preferred procedural approach. Minify also allow user share their solutions, discoveries, as problems with a larger community.

Minify is basically a cloud note-pad to store our reusable functions, codes that are not exactly a program on it but key to our development work, as well as problems and solutions. It also a solution hub (Forum) for we tech guys.

Helps you properly document an error.. steps to recreating it, the solution. etc.

Just document what really matters not an entire codebase.

Minify isn't a version control system like Git. Say, I have a repetitively used set of functions to make my work easier. I only save that functions not the entire codeblock. Like a reusable mail configuration function in an app.

I felt it is a form of removing part of the code that isn't the point of discussion/focus at that time. Hence the name Minify. grin

There will definitely be additional functions to help maintain codebase in the future, but at the moment it that simple.

https://minify.tech
Github Repo: https://github.com/AnclaTechs/minify

Please Try it out and review. This will also be a sort of product validation exercise. Do you think this is some product you'd like to use?

Re: Open Source Python Project: Check Out Minify.tech by OlamigokePhilip: 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
what is Minify and How to use it..

Essentially, Minify is a free, opensource cloud diary for developers, to keep track and help store their codebase, boilerplates and preferred procedural approach. Minify also allow user share their solutions, discoveries, as problems with a larger community.

Minify is basically a cloud note-pad to store our reusable functions, codes that are not exactly a program on it but key to our development work, as well as problems and solutions. It also a solution hub (Forum) for we tech guys.

Helps you properly document an error.. steps to recreating, the solution etc.

Just document what really matters not an entire codebase.

Continue reading here: https://minify.tech/question/1/what-is-minify-and-how-to-use-minify

(1) (Reply)

Studio Visual Code / Let's Build Your Mobile App Android/ios, Reliable, Affordable And Trusted / I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.