Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Please What Should I Do In This Situation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please What Should I Do In This Situation (980 Views)

What Would You Advice Both Parties To Do In Such A Situation / Kindly Share Initiatives In Place To Manage This Situation / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Should I Do In This Situation by clive2u(m): 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
please I need advise, I just got a job in a MF bank but in the terms of the job I am to sign an undertaking not to leave the job till after 2years or I pay a certain amount. the salary is about 50k but what I really need advise on is what if I get a better offer while in the job how do I deal with such situation cos I've applied in places too. please can you help me out here cos I trust NL guys more in cases like this. thanks fam
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by delishpot: 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2019
What will they pay you should they be the ones to relieve you of that job before 2 years.
That contract is rubbish, it is slavery. It's not as if they have paid you ahead of those 2 yrs you are signed for sef.
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by clive2u(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2019
delishpot:
What will they pay you should they be the ones to relieve you of that job before 2 years.
That contract is rubbish, it is slavery. It's not as if they have paid you ahead of those 2 yrs you are signed for sef.
I dunno o. I'm confused cos that clause is scary
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by delishpot: 12:07am On Oct 22, 2019
clive2u:
I dunno o. I'm confused cos that clause is scary
Ask them na. Read the so called contract. Abi won't you read before signing?
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by clive2u(m): 12:20am On Oct 22, 2019
delishpot:

Ask them na. Read the so called contract. Abi won't you read before signing?
I read it, them go give me sum amount after training. good amount also but how can I be stuck in one Job i dont really have passion for for 2 years
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by budaatum: 1:12am On Oct 22, 2019
Sounds like you have a job already or you'd grab this one with your hands and legs and see it as experience for your new job in two years time. In fact, if you had faith in yourself you'd work so well in those two years they'd be begging you to stay. But I'll tell you what I'd do. I'll mark this post and ask what you been up to in two years time. It will fly by, trust me.

Meanwhile, did that girl of 6 years ago ever mature?

clive2u:
Guy am 21 and am inlove with a 16 year old and waiting for her to mature a bit. But for yours i dont know what to say.

1 Like

Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by delishpot: 1:13am On Oct 22, 2019
clive2u:
I read it, them go give me sum amount after training. good amount also but how can I be stuck in one Job i dont really have passion for for 2 years

OK, so the amount is what they prolly want back should you decide to leave. I guess if they do the letting go, you don't owe them then. Oh well, think we'll before you sign. If you don't have any experience on the job, see these 2 yrs as time to gain experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by ogawisdom(m): 5:15am On Oct 22, 2019
Simple u signed it under duress

Start the job first and let God bless you with a better job

Don't worry about the undertaking na court go settle the matter with a good lawyer on your side
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by clive2u(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2019
ogawisdom:
Simple u signed it under duress

Start the job first and let God bless you with a better job

Don't worry about the undertaking na court go settle the matter with a good lawyer on your side
thanks
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by clive2u(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2019
delishpot:

OK, so the amount is what they prolly want back should you decide to leave. I guess if they do the letting go, you don't owe them then. Oh well, think we'll before you sign. If you don't have any experience on the job, see these 2 yrs as time to gain experience.
thanks a lot. I'll do that
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by clive2u(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2019
budaatum:
Sounds like you have a job already or you'd grab this one with your hands and legs and see it as experience for your new job in two years time. In fact, if you had faith in yourself you'd work so well in those two years they'd be begging you to stay. But I'll tell you what I'd do. I'll mark this post and ask what you been up to in two years time. It will fly by, trust me.

Meanwhile, did that girl of 6 years ago ever mature?

chei. see past diggers. that's like centuries ago na, BTW the girl Don over mature now and she no dey even look my face again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by budaatum: 10:47am On Oct 22, 2019
clive2u:
chei. see past diggers. that's like centuries ago na, BTW the girl Don over mature now and she no dey even look my face again.
Just think how time flies by and 2 years will fly by too.

Goodluck.
Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by clive2u(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
budaatum:
Just think how time flies by and 2 years will fly by too.
Goodluck.
thanks mate. I'm grateful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Should I Do In This Situation by jnoz23(m): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
Thread closed

(1) (Reply)

Accounting Vacancy At IIorin Kwara State. / After School Teaching At Magodo Phase 1 / N-power Batch C Stipend: N-power Applicants Demands ₦50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.