Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? (3303 Views)

Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? / Prophet Mboro Asks Members To Wave Their Pants And Touch Their Private Parts / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 12:02am On Oct 22, 2019
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome speaks on why he thinks women should wear trousers in the short youtube video in this post.
First and last, for me, wearing of trousers is not an issue of salvation. Note that boldly. So it's not a question or argument about this person is saved or not saved. We are saved by grace through faith, not by what we wear or don't wear. But there are things that are right and there are things that are wrong. For instance, it is wrong for you to miss church, or be sleeping or washing clothes or watching film at home during service. It is wrong for you to owe people money without paying them. Whether you will go to hell or be damned for this is another topic on its own.

So back to the matter. i believe absolutely that it is wrong for ladies to wear pants for many reasons. But in this video, the popular pastor Chris gives some reasons which i see as shallow and misleading.

Firstly, i was surprised that trousers or no trousers was such a big issue for them(BLW). i never knew they cared so much what people thought about wearing trousers. i thought they were altogether blind about it. Then pastor Chris gave some fallacious reasons why women should wear trousers. Do you agree with him?

One, he says someone received the Holy Spirit baptism wearing trousers. Therefore, it means Holy Spirit validates the trouser wearing. In that case, he is assuming salvation or any of the graces is by works. Sorry sir, We receive from God by FAITH. There is the role of TEACHING. i thought he would remember this as a teacher himself. God can give you salvation, or sanctification, or Spirit baptism, even at a go(like the Cornelius household or apostle Paul). It does not mean that you are ALL right. There are still things you still need to learn and unlearn.

Two, he makes reference to what was prevalent a few years ago. Saying that a few years ago, it was a taboo for a christian woman to wear trousers. Well sir, many things have since changed also, doesn't make them right. Some things were more of culture too, not because of bible or christianity. A few years ago, it was also odd to be gay. A few years ago, it was rare to divorce and unheard of for pastors to commit immorality openly whatever the denomination. There was a lot of sanity i think, a few years ago. Both in the christian world and in the secular. A few years ago, you would rarely see christian brothers with beards even. There were many good things and bad things that have changed since a few years ago. So change or acceptance of something today is not a defence of it been right. Pastor Chris of all people should know that.

Unfortunately too, he showed something which i find a sad repeated occurence in almost all churches. That is man-worship. People follow or believe their pastor hook, line and sinker. He simply can do NO wrong. He showed this when he talked about a lady preacher coming to BLW to preach and how confidently he would erase all she was saying from the congregation's mind. Not too different from those who would not even allow guest preachers BTW. Then he went ahead to blatantly tell the audience that BELONG is different from PERTAIN, quoting Deuteronomy 22v5. And of course my people took it like it came as revelation straight from Mount Sinai hot. Sorry sir, pertain and belong are synonyms. They mean the same thing.

And by the way, i thought that the common argument was that Deuteronomy does not apply to christians or New Testament? Then it went to trousers is not only for men and was not mentioned? Now, the narrative has changed or what? From his explanation, we can all wear skirts, high heels, geles etc. Just make sure as a man that a woman has not worn it before, and vice versa.

Among other things, he mentioned that Jesus Christ was not allowed in the synagogue that is why he went to the desert, and that Pharisees were not around Him etc. Well, that's not even what i want to talk about in the thread. But it just goes to show that people need to read and study the Bible for themselves. Many of these preachers simply just say things that are not there in the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lynMwN6bg

3 Likes

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by petra1(m): 12:26am On Oct 22, 2019
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 12:29am On Oct 22, 2019
petra1:

NICE VIDEO ,THANKS

I guess you fully agree, pastor Chris cannot err. Can he?
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 12:40am On Oct 22, 2019
Image123, I think you're nitpicking and was hypercritical about this man's short video clip. Almost everything under the sun, in the traditional or old-fashioned era years ago, was a big issue for everyone and not just them, BLW alone.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong in women wearing trousers/pants Image123. Are you saying Mrs Image123 and the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?

2 Likes

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Goshen360(m): 1:23am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Image123, I think you're nitpicking and was hypercritical about this man's short video clip. Almost everything under the sun, in the traditional or old-fashioned era years ago, was a big issue for everyone and not just them, BLW.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong in women wearing trousers/pants Image123. Are you saying Mrs Image123 and the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?

Abeg help me ask Image123 ooo

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 22, 2019
Some of the Old Testament “don’t Do” laws given to the Israelites were practices sinful nations around them engaged in...and God or Moses ddnt want them doing or identify with those practices....and that goes for Deut. 22v5 which is actually about cross dressing and not just a “woman wearing trousers” cos that’s the only thing people bring up once that verse comes up.:
Cross dressing: ie being a “bobrisky or a “Denrele” .....:simply put: Men wearing women clothes /accessories and vice versa was a common practice among pagans even during Old Testament times....now common among the LGBT and transgender folks in these mordern times
That said.... It’s not a sin for a woman to wear trousers or a man to wear skirt once the aim is not be a “bobrisky”
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 3:01am On Oct 22, 2019
1StopRudeness:
Some of the Old Testament “don’t Do” laws given to the Israelites were practices sinful nations around them engaged in...and God or Moses ddnt want them doing or identify with those practices....and that goes for Deut. 22v5 which is actually about cross dressing and not just a “woman wearing trousers” cos that’s the only thing people bring up once that verse comes up.:
Cross dressing: ie being a “bobrisky or a “Denrele” .....:simply put: Men wearing women clothes /accessories and vice versa was a common practice among pagans even during Old Testament times....now common among the LGBT and transgender folks in these mordern times
That said.... It’s not a sin for a woman to wear trousers or a man to wear skirt once the aim is not be a “bobrisky”
Please be balanced and non-discriminatory. Also, please find it in you, to be truthful to the fact and be honest enough, to admit that it is specifically the idolatory pagan ritual custom of cross dressing that's the underlying reason of concern to God

Bobrisky and/or Denrele's livelihoods depend on being a Bobrisky or Denrele
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Please be balanced and non-discriminatory. Also, please find it in you, to be truthful the fact and honest to admit that it is specifically the idolatory pagan ritual custom of cross dressing that's the underlying reason of concern to God

Discrimination?? Who are u people seff? So if prostitution is wrong, it doesn’t matter if a lady does it so far it’s a means of livelihood...so it will be discrimination to say say prostitution is wrong....why don’t u hail our politicians then..,since stealing and injustice is wrong, but we all know that’s practically what they do for living....
Mayb u should clear me well, cos I’m not getting u..are u saying it’s discrimination to call yahoo boys fraudsters because its technically their means of livelihood..

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2019
1StopRudeness:
Discrimination?? Who are u people seff? So if prostitution is wrong, it doesn’t matter if a lady does it so far it’s a means of livelihood...so it will be discrimination to say say prostitution is wrong....why don’t u hail our politicians then..,since stealing and injustice is wrong, but we all know that’s practically what they do for living....
Mayb u should clear me well, cos I’m not getting u..are u saying it’s discrimination to call yahoo boys fraudsters because its technically their means of livelihood..
1StopRudeness, fyi, according to the Nigerian Criminal Code, prostitution is not wrong if performed by an independent individual who operates on his/her own accord without the use of pimps or a brothel. OK? Now, 1StopRudeness please tell me
1/ What wrong exactly, has Bobrisky or Denrele personally done to you or anyone else for that matter, hmm?
2/ Have you evidence or proof of Bobrisky or Denrele stealing, hmm?
3/ What specifically is the injustice Bobrisky or Denrele have done that you've wronged them over?
4/ What has having to call yahoo boys fraudsters now got to do with Bobrisky or Denrele?
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
1StopRudeness, fyi, according to the Nigerian Criminal Code, prostitution is not wrong if performed by an independent individual who operates on his/her own accord without the use of pimps or a brothel. OK? Now, 1StopRudeness please tell me
1/ What wrong exactly, has Bobrisky or Denrele personally done to you or anyone else for that matter, hmm?
3/ What specifically is the injustice Bobrisky or Denrele have done that you've wronged them over?
4/ What has having to call yahoo boys fraudsters now got to do with Bobrisky or Denrele?

I want to continue this conversation but it’s like u are an expert in reacting to comment out of context....
first this thread is riding on a religious context....and u quoting constitution....do u understand at all that something can be morally wrong but ethically right...or religiously wrong but constitutionally right....please try and get the context....I was explaining how Deuteronomy 28v5 isn’t about women wearing trousers ..bobrisky ddnt offend me, bobrisky isn’t even the topic of my comment...

Again... You are asking me how calling yahoo boys fraudsters is related to bobrisky....where did u see me call bobrisky a Theif..Did u see my comment relate yahoo boys or stealing to bobrisky??
See, the way u interprete information is clearly not on the same jurisdiction as me...
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 8:18am On Oct 22, 2019
1StopRudeness:
I want to continue this conversation but it’s like u are an expert in reacting to comment out of context....
first this thread is riding on a religious context....and u quoting constitution....do u understand at all that something can be morally wrong but ethically right...or religiously wrong but constitutionally right....please try and get the context....I was explaining how Deuteronomy 28v5 isn’t about women wearing trousers ..bobrisky ddnt offend me, bobrisky isn’t even the topic of my comment...

Again... You are asking me how calling yahoo boys fraudsters is related to bobrisky....where did u see me call bobrisky a Theif..Did u see my comment relate yahoo boys or stealing to bobrisky??
See, the way u interprete information is clearly not on the same jurisdiction as me...
It is nothing about being any expert anywhere or on anything, but its more of not being afraid to tell it as it is

1StopRudeness, seems you want to have your cake and eat it. When I advised you to be balanced and non-discriminatory, was it not you who said:
So if prostitution is wrong, it doesn’t matter if a lady does it so far it’s a means of livelihood...so it will be discrimination to say say prostitution is wrong

Why subjectively be bringing up "why don’t u hail our politicians then..,since stealing and injustice is wrong, but we all know that’s practically what they do for living.....are u saying it’s discrimination to call yahoo boys fraudsters because its technically their means of livelihood.. " into the conversation, when none have anything to do with Bobrisky or Denrele

You want to stay on Bible grounds abi, OK then, do you know that prostitutes are in the genealogy of our Lord Jesus Christ, hmm?
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It is nothing about being any expert anywhere or on anything, but its more of not being afraid to tell it as it is

1StopRudeness, seems you want to have your cake and eat it. When I advised you to be balanced and non-discriminatory, was it not you who said:
So if prostitution is wrong, it doesn’t matter if a lady does it so far it’s a means of livelihood...so it will be discrimination to say say prostitution is wrong

Why subjectively be bringing up "why don’t u hail our politicians then..,since stealing and injustice is wrong, but we all know that’s practically what they do for living.....are u saying it’s discrimination to call yahoo boys fraudsters because its technically their means of livelihood.. " into the conversation, when none have anything to do with Bobrisky or Denrele

You want to stay on Bible grounds abi, OK then, do you know that prostitutes are in the genealogy of our Lord Jesus Christ, hmm?

Wait..are u not the one that opened the context of discrimination and livelihood..?? Yet u are asking me why responded with livelihood of yahooboys, politicians and prostitutes....now u want to respond to me u just randomly asked me about the lineage of Jesus and a prostitute...please what point are u trying to make this information in relation to this thread or in relation to my comment??
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2019
1StopRudeness:
Wait..are u not the one that opened the context of discrimination and livelihood..?? Yet u are asking me why responded with livelihood of yahooboys, politicians and prostitutes....now u want to respond to me u just randomly asked me about the lineage of Jesus and a prostitute...please what point are u trying to make this information in relation to this thread or in relation to my comment??
1StopRudedeness, let's for a second stop rudeness, was it not you discriminating Bobrisky and Denrele for cross dressing, hmm?

Has Bobrisky or Denrele defrauded anyone like Yahoo boys have, hmm?

Why were you lumping the conversation of Bobrisky or Denrele's crossing with talk of stealing, prostitution and whatnot, hmm?

I already made my point that you be objective, balanced and non discriminatory in your comment in relation to the thread. Thank you.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Image123, I think you're nitpicking and was hypercritical about this man's short video clip. Almost everything under the sun, in the traditional or old-fashioned era years ago, was a big issue for everyone and not just them, BLW alone.

I don't see anything wrong in trousers but the alibis pastor Chris gave are not ample to support wearing of trousers.
Why do people draw a margin between the old and new testament to support their points? Many Christian's have told me that Paul teaching on women's role in the church are his opinions,but those same people make references to his teaching as "word of God" when such teachings suits their arguments...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2019
I will keep telling people this, that the spirit of the lord has left the church a long time ago, the enemy has hijacked even the church through the injection of denominational spirit in the church. You will see churches defending their church belief and doctrines but cannot defend Christ in their lives. People are no longer serving God in truth and in spirit. We are rather serving him in the flesh, making human doctrines and procedures on how to pray or serve God. The holy spirit does not set up process or procedure before we can connect to him, he moves as he will, to that open heart free of evil or sin. You do not need to be told what the lord said about you, rather he will come to you and tell you himself, but he cannot because our flesh is heavy and our spirit is dead. One thing for sure is that the programs of God on earth is still on. He used the Law in the beginning to create his own people through the Israelites, the law failed due to the fact that they were canal men and weren't connected to God spiritually rather they needed a prophet to know the heart of God. He then used Grace through his son Jesus, yet the enemy kept attacking the church that Christ founded using his apostles. Yet people keep using the phrase "l am saved by grace" to avoid working out their salvation in fear and trembling. Grace will never take us to heaven, same as faith but only the overcomers can get into the kingdom of God so says the lord in the book of revelation. Paul gave a warning against division in the church and the need for Christians to be more spiritual than in the flesh. And today, all he warned against have already scattered the Church and the enemy has taken over that world that you can hardly find a righteous man on earth. But God is not yet done with his creation, he is already building a nation of his chosen ones on earth. He is building men and women that will not comprise, when faced with tribulations and persecution for overcoming the world and its worldliness. And these are the people that will inherit the kingdom of God. The evil we were running away from is now in the Church. Try and be among the people he is gathering before it is too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2019
Image123:
i believe absolutely that it is wrong for ladies to wear pants for many reasons.

And the reasons are?
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 10:50am On Oct 22, 2019
Michellekabod2:
I don't see anything wrong in trousers but the alibis pastor Chris gave are not ample to support wearing of trousers.
Why do people draw a margin between the old and new testament to support their points? Many Christian's have told me that Paul teaching on women's role in the church are his opinions,but those same people make references to his teaching as "word of God" when such teachings suits their arguments...
"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."
- Deuteronomy 22:5

Michellekabod2, I am quite sure you do know that the Old Testament Deuteronomy 22:5 verse that is banded about and waved in people's face specifically is about the idolatory pagan ritual custom of cross dressing. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing, it's the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
So the fact that the Nigerian Criminal Code supports prostitution means it's right? So you think because it's widely backed up means God's approval?
MuttleyLaff:
1StopRudeness, fyi, according[b] to the Nigerian Criminal Code, prostitution is not wrong if performed by an independent individual who operates on his/her own accord without the use of pimps or a brothel. [/b]OK? Now, 1StopRudeness please tell me
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 11:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
1StopRudeness:
Some of the Old Testament “don’t Do” laws given to the Israelites were practices sinful nations around them engaged in...and God or Moses ddnt want them doing or identify with those practices....and that goes for Deut. 22v5 which is actually about cross dressing and not just a “woman wearing trousers” cos that’s the only thing people bring up once that verse comes up.

Cross dressing: i.e. being a “Bobrisky or a “Denrele” .....:simply put: Men wearing women clothes /accessories and vice versa was a common practice among pagans even during Old Testament times....now common among the LGBT and transgender folks in these mordern times

MuttleyLaff:
Please be balanced and non-discriminatory. Also, please find it in you, to be truthful the fact and honest to admit that it is specifically the idolatory pagan ritual custom of cross dressing that's the underlying reason of concern to God

1StopRudeness:
Discrimination?? Who are u people seff? So if prostitution is wrong, it doesn’t matter if a lady does it so far it’s a means of livelihood...so it will be discrimination to say say prostitution is wrong....
why don’t u hail our politicians then..,since stealing and injustice is wrong, but we all know that’s practically what they do for living....

MuttleyLaff:

Bodydialect57:
So the fact that the Nigerian Criminal Code supports prostitution means it's right? So you think because it's widely backed up means God's approval?
Bodydialect57, please I beg you, dont pour marijuana, put and dump inside my pocket ooo, because where did you see or read that MuttleyLaff said anything about like prostitution is widely backed up then means has God's approval, hmm?

You can see from the above comments' trail how and who introduced prostitution. You can see that name shaming(s) and more were committed so advice was given to be balanced and non-discriminatory, but suddenly and out of nowhere, the moral high ground was climbed on and "prostitution is wrong" and whatnot were waved in the air, when the fact is, the Nigerian Criminal Code, says, prostitution is not wrong if performed by an independent individual who operates on his/her own accord without the use of pimps or a brothel and here you are Bodydialect57, words I never said you're trying to put in my mouth. Dont give the devil a foothold Bodydialect57.

Bodydialect57, fyi, what I think or what other people think about whether because prostitution is widely backed up, means God's approval doesnt carry weight or matters. Do you know why Bodydialect57, hmm?. It is because God is Just. JUST, as in, meaning, God is unprejudiced, God is non-discriminatory, God is tolerant, God is etcetera.

I think you're feeling me, so, back to, God is Just again. Now if God is Just, then, it actually means, God will judge every single act, say one like, that of prostitution for an example, on its own merits. Our learned friends in the legal fraternity will know what I am talking about here. Do you think the Person, in 1 John 2:1, who puts a case on someone else's behalf is beans ni? lol. As budaatum will say: "Those ignorant of the power of jazz/juju herbs, call it vegetable." Lol, "ase, oo mọ ogun, oun npe lẹfọ"
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 11:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

i'm saying that it is wrong.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 11:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
LordReed:

And the reasons are?

We don't speak the same language na. How do you expect to understand me? How do i expect you to understand me?
Okay, let me give you one. Deuteronomy 22v5. This is for you alone oh, stay in your lane. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 12:05am On Oct 23, 2019
Image123:
i'm saying that it is wrong.
I heard or read you the first time saying it is wrong, so no need repeating.

Image123 nwanne, if I didnt know you not to be that sort of person, I would thought you seem to have ducked the questions:
Are you saying Mrs Image123 and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?

Is it wrong for Mrs Image123 to wear your t-shirt, polo shirt, boxer shorts, wrap your towel round herself, put on your socks, put on your jogging bottoms, hmm Image123?

Out of curiosity, why Image123, are you saying it is wrong for women to wear a pair of trousers/pants.

Advance warning Image123, I have previously said to Michellekabod2, that I am quite sure she does know that the Old Testament Deuteronomy 22:5 verse that is banded about and waved in people's faces, specifically is about the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing, it's the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 12:41am On Oct 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I heard or read you the first time saying it is wrong, so no need repeating.

But you are asking again na.

Image123 nwanne, if I didnt know you not to be that sort of person, I would thought you seem to have ducked the questions:
Are you saying Mrs Image123 and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?

It is wrong.

Is it wrong for Mrs Image123 to wear your t-shirt, polo shirt, boxer shorts, wrap your towel round herself, put on your socks, put on your jogging bottoms, hmm Image123?

It depends on where they wear it and what she wears it for.

Out of curiosity, why Image123, are you saying it is wrong for women to wear a pair of trousers/pants.

Advance warning Image123, I have previously said to Michellekabod2, that I am quite sure she does know that the Old Testament Deuteronomy 22:5 verse that is banded about and waved in people's faces, specifically is about the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing, it's the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex.

Good question. Again, firstly and lastly, i will say that i am not talking about salvation or judgement or eternity. i think it will interest you, and perhaps stop you from further copying and pasting some of your questions, to note that i have very close/dear female ministers and 'mentors' that wear pants/slacks. Like Michellekabod2 has well stated, pastor Chris' reasons (which is a majority's reason for supporting women wearing trousers/pants) are not ample or sufficient. They are very weak. i say it is wrong among many reasons because one a woman should not wear what pertains/belongs to a man. Whatever underlying reason you may think for God saying it. Two, it erodes the distinction of the sexes/genders. Three, slacks actually reveal more of a woman's figure than conceal it. i say this not as a "killjoy" of some sort, but because from experience i've heard people argue that slacks cover properly/more than skirts. It actually gives a lot to the imagination than you would truthfully agree. Four, it has subtly empowered and spurred on the feminism agenda over the decades. Five, and i kid you not, from hearsay, some folks actually wear them to masturbate as they walk. Six, unfortunately, i need to say this because it's you you know. If not, you know i won't say it. i don't know whether you use afose to make me confess sometimes. cheesy cheesy smiley cheesy cheesy God forgive my past and many menS past and present, for we have seen many a butt cleavage and undies forcefully because some pants wearing lady sat in front. It's almost impossible especially jeans trousers. Now muttley, ask God to forgive them and you too for you have been forced to such. With these few points of mine. i hope i have confused you that wearing pants is wrong. Thanks.
i have close.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by LordReed(m): 4:12am On Oct 23, 2019
Image123:

We don't speak the same language na. How do you expect to understand me? How do i expect you to understand me?
Okay, let me give you one. Deuteronomy 22v5. This is for you alone oh, stay in your lane. cheesy cheesy

So if you violate other things from that same Deuteronomy what does that make you?
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 7:56am On Oct 23, 2019
Image123:
But you are asking again na
Not a good enough excuse or reason to start acting like a broken vinyl record player now, or is it Image123

Image123:
It is wrong.
Here we go again, answer the question instead bleating "it is wrong" lol.
The question that you gave a wrong answer to, excuse the wrong pun, is:
"Are you saying Mrs Image123 and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?"

Image123:
It depends on where they wear it and what she wears it for.
Oh oh, there are distinctions now. We have exceptions now. Ah when it depends, we then can pick and choose where they wear it and what she wears it for. Hmm interesting revelation

Image123:
Good question. Again, firstly and lastly, i will say that i am not talking about salvation or judgement or eternity. i think it will interest you, and perhaps stop you from further copying and pasting some of your questions, to note that i have very close/dear female ministers and 'mentors' that wear pants/slacks.
Listen to yourself Image123. You sound similar to just like the far right racist, patting himself on the back with the comment: "I think it will interest you to note that I have very close/dear blacks as friends and mentors". Smh. lol

Image123:
Like Michellekabod2 has well stated, pastor Chris' reasons (which is a majority's reason for supporting women wearing trousers/pants) are not ample or sufficient. They are very weak.
Though Pastor Chris is not fully woke, he did cover the subject with enough depth & aplomb I must say. There wasnt anything feeble. What he majorly left out and what made his edification insufficient and not enough is where he left out the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing. It is the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex that is detesting to God. This is what God dislikes and says its an abomination, period. Any other twisting and turning naa wash ojaare.

Image123:
i say it is wrong among many reasons because one a woman should not wear what pertains/belongs to a man. Whatever underlying reason you may think for God saying it.
The truth is too difficult to believe

Image123:
Two, it erodes the distinction of the sexes/genders.
This is a man made idea, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men. Teaching human rules after turning God laws on its head!

Image123:
Three, slacks actually reveal more of a woman's figure than conceal it. i say this not as a "killjoy" of some sort, but because from experience i've heard people argue that slacks cover properly/more than skirts. It actually gives a lot to the imagination than you would truthfully agree.
[img]https://s3/images/Imaam.jpg[/img]

Whats the matter with the saying then: "Look the other way" This exactly what those men in the above photo ought to be doing now angry angry angry

Image123, in one of my previous work life, I have countless times, walked into stark näked women, though I looked at them yet I didnt see their näkedness, this is because I looked past them before advising them to quickly go put on a robe or go tie up a cloth wrapper

I truthfully agree that it was my missus attractive backa and sensual figure that got my first attention before her intelligence after getting to know her that. Other women flaunting their figures, is no excuse not to have self control, self restraint or self discipline now erhn? I know you'll agree to this and if so, who really has a problem here then, hmm? Too many weak men, shallow men all over town.

Image123:
Four, it has subtly empowered and spurred on the feminism agenda over the decades.
So? Dont men go about shirtless, dont men go about sleeveless showing bulging biceps ni?

Image123:
Five, and i kid you not, from hearsay, some folks actually wear them to masturbate as they walk.
and you have a problem with that. How has them masturbating with themselves wronged you or how has something like that taken a minute of your life erhn? I am only asking ni ooo, jor, biko no vex oo.

Image123:
Six, unfortunately, i need to say this because it's you you know. If not, you know i won't say it. i don't know whether you use afose to make me confess sometimes. cheesy cheesy smiley cheesy cheesy God forgive my past and many menS past and present, for we have seen many a butt cleavage and undies forcefully because some pants wearing lady sat in front. It's almost impossible especially jeans trousers. Now muttley, ask God to forgive them and you too for you have been forced to such. With these few points of mine. i hope i have confused you that wearing pants is wrong. Thanks.
i have close.
[img]https://s3/images/MuttleyFearless7fe1b418d5834f7c.jpg[/img]
Image123, please ignore the fearless cat in the above picture, that's a red herring, the real objects of interest in the above picture, are the self-disciplined Alsatian German Shepherd dogs, staying in their stations and not going chasing after the bold and without a care in the world taking a stroll in a beautiful bright sunning vitamin D day cat. That is the beauty of self-discipline, captured in "a picture is worth a thousand words" taken shot.

Some cats can be left to guard a fish without eating it and some can be given a bowl of milk to guard without licking it.
Now, if one is not fortified, if one is not grounded in the word of God, if one is not standing on the word of God, if one loses focus on God, if one hasnt the regard for God in him, like Joseph had (i.e. Genesis 39:9) and if one is not self disciplined, then one is giving the devil a freehand and easy access to try and exploit weakness or dent(s) in ones armour.

One has it or one doesnt has it Image123. You see Image123, one needs to grow and build up self restraint. King David lacked enough self-restraint, this is why upon seeing a näked Bathsheba, he was unable to restrain himself unable to hold it back together, look the other way, vacate immediately that vantage high point he was at seeing Bathsheba. The test of a man, just like in the garden of Eden is to have something too attractive and tempting before him to see how or how not he will resist. lol. There are too many weak males about who call themselves men, they are nothing than fake men, lol

2 Likes

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2019
LordReed:

So if you violate other things from that same Deuteronomy what does that make you?

What you are of course. tongue
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2019
The summary of what you have written below is that you agree to my 'reasons' but you strongly want/expect men to be self controlled or disciplined. How you came out so easily is what i'm not sure of, maybe due to our mutual respect for one another though. Because i expect a kind of watertight defence to this "gospel" of trousers, not the kind pastor Chris gave or that you are giving. Let's be over careful of turning the grace of God into lasciviousness, in order to excuse immoral ways.

MuttleyLaff:
Not a good enough excuse or reason to start acting like a broken vinyl record player now, or is it Image123

Here we go again, answer the question instead bleating "it is wrong" lol.
The question that you gave a wrong answer to, excuse the wrong pun, is:
"Are you saying Mrs Image123and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?"

i already did, but you don't seem to like/want the answer.

Oh oh, there are distinctions now. We have exceptions now. Ah when it depends, we then can pick and choose where they wear it and what she wears it for. Hmm interesting revelation

It is not new sir. There are usually clauses and explanations to rules. Like you are giving your idolatry/cross dressing "revelation". You can be naked in your bathroom, but not everywhere. It is not partiality or double standards, it is discretion.

Listen to yourself Image123. You sound similar to just like the far right racist, patting himself on the back with the comment: "I think it will interest you to note that I have very close/dear blacks as friends and mentors". Smh. lol

Again, firstly and lastly, i will say that i am not talking about salvation or judgement or eternity. Note that clearly and markedly and foundationally, lest you 'fall'. A racist cannot have black friends and mentors, except racist has changed meaning.

Though Pastor Chris is not fully woke, he did cover the subject with enough depth & aplomb I must say. There wasnt anything feeble. What he majorly left out and what made his edification insufficient and not enough is where he left out the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. That's the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing. It is the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex that is detesting to God. This is what God dislikes and says its an abomination, period. Any other twisting and turning naa wash ojaare.

The truth is too difficult to believe

And this is doctrine from where? In your words jokingly "This is a man made idea, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men. Teaching human rules after turning God laws on its head!" Did you hear yourself nicely?

This is a man made idea, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men. Teaching human rules after turning God laws on its head!

It's not a doctrine, it is something very practical and visible.

[img]https://s3/images/Imaam.jpg[/img]

Whats the matter with the saying then: "Look the other way" This exactly what those men in the above photo ought to be doing now angry angry angry

Image123, in one of my previous work life, I have countless times, walked into stark näked women, though I looked at them yet I didnt see their näkedness, this is because I looked past them before advising them to quickly go put on a robe or go tie up a cloth wrapper

I truthfully agree that it was my missus attractive backa and sensual figure that got my first attention before her intelligence after getting to know her that. Other women flaunting their figures, is no excuse not to have self control, self restraint or self discipline now erhn? I know you'll agree to this and if so, who really has a problem here then, hmm? Too many weak men, shallow men all over town.

Not to say much, let's pity the Too many weak men, shallow men all over town. We both agree that they exist, and GOD knows.

So? Dont men go about shirtless, dont men go about sleeveless showing bulging biceps ni?

Two wrongs don't make a right. The woman is a weaker vessel, according to the Bible and according to experience.

and you have a problem with that. How has them masturbating with themselves wronged you or how has something like that taken a minute of your life erhn? I am only asking ni ooo, jor, biko no vex oo.

Good that you also see reason, just that you don't agree.

[img]https://s3/images/MuttleyFearless7fe1b418d5834f7c.jpg[/img]
Image123, please ignore the fearless cat in the above picture, that's a red herring, the real objects of interest in the above picture, are the self-disciplined Alsatian German Shepherd dogs, staying in their stations and not going chasing after the bold and without a care in the world taking a stroll in a beautiful bright sunning vitamin D day cat. That is the beauty of self-discipline, captured in "a picture is worth a thousand words" taken shot.

Some cats can be left to guard a fish without eating it and some can be given a bowl of milk to guard without licking it.
Now, if one is not fortified, if one is not grounded in the word of God, if one is not standing on the word of God, if one loses focus on God, if one hasnt the regard for God in him, like Joseph had (i.e. Genesis 39:9) and if one is not self disciplined, then one is giving the devil a freehand and easy access to try and exploit weakness or dent(s) in ones armour.

One has it or one doesnt has it Image123. You see Image123, one needs to grow and build up self restraint. King David lacked enough self-restraint, this is why upon seeing a näked Bathsheba, he was unable to restrain himself unable to hold it back together, look the other way, vacate immediately that vantage high point he was at seeing Bathsheba. The test of a man, just like in the garden of Eden is to have something too attractive and tempting before him to see how or how not he will resist. lol. There are too many weak males about who call themselves men, they are nothing than fake men, lol

Again, you see reason, thank God. i'd have thought i was hallucinating or something. Sorry, we live in a world where Josephs are one in a million literally. The Word of God is written for all, not for 'one in a millions'. That's why women should try to help the weak. i'm convinced it is wrong because of the above given reasons. It recklessly neglects new testament principles of abstaining from every appearance of evil, of trying not to be an offence or stumbling block to others. Not everything is expedient, and like Paul, i believe women should be ready and willing to do away with meat, seeing it makes many fake men.

2 Likes

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by LordReed(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2019
Image123:

What you are of course. tongue

An atheist? A human being?
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
LordReed:

An atheist? A human being?

A wretched sinner.

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
grin
MuttleyLaff:

Bodydialect57, please I beg you, dont pour marijuana, put and dump inside my pocket ooo, because where did you see or read that MuttleyLaff said anything about like prostitution is widely backed up then means has God's approval, hmm?

You can see from the above comments' trail how and who introduced prostitution. You can see that name shaming(s) and more were committed so advice was given to be balanced and non-discriminatory, but suddenly and out of nowhere, the moral high ground was climbed on and "prostitution is wrong" and whatnot were waved in the air, when the fact is, the Nigerian Criminal Code, says, prostitution is not wrong if performed by an independent individual who operates on his/her own accord without the use of pimps or a brothel and here you are Bodydialect57, words I never said you're trying to put in my mouth. Dont give the devil a foothold Bodydialect57.

Bodydialect57, fyi, what I think or what other people think about whether because prostitution is widely backed up, means God's approval doesnt carry weight or matters. Do you know why Bodydialect57, hmm?. It is because God is Just. JUST, as in, meaning, God is unprejudiced, God is non-discriminatory, God is tolerant, God is etcetera.

I think you're feeling me, so, back to, God is Just again. Now if God is Just, then, it actually means, God will judge every single act, say one like, that of prostitution for an example, on its own merits. Our learned friends in the legal fraternity will know what I am talking about here. Do you think the Person, in 1 John 2:1, who puts a case on someone else's behalf is beans ni? lol. As budaatum will say: "Those ignorant of the power of jazz/juju herbs, call it vegetable." Lol, "ase, oo mọ ogun, oun npe lẹfọ"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by LordReed(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
Image123:

A wretched sinner.

Good that you put yourself in the same boat as women who wear trousers. As you condemn them, you condemn yourself, glad you see that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Was Not Sex That Destroyed Samson / Deepsight, Does Your God Create From Ex Nihilo / Pope Francis Is A Satanic Clown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.