Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? (3329 Views)

Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? / Prophet Mboro Asks Members To Wave Their Pants And Touch Their Private Parts / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
LordReed:

Good that you put yourself in the same boat as women who wear trousers. As you condemn them, you condemn yourself, glad you see that.

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by LordReed(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
LordReed:

You've got things wretchedly mixed up.

2 Likes

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
Image123:

Atheists crooked thinking are weird and that explains why they always cuss.

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by RandomGuy48: 1:14am On Oct 24, 2019
So, I'm curious. To argue that Deuteronomy 22:5 in the present day disallows women to wear trousers, one must assert that trousers are perpetually only a man's clothing at any time in any place. If this is indeed the case, one would expect there would have been early statements of it by Christians. But all anyone seems able to point to are statements made in the last century or two. True, that was when more women started wearing trousers so there was greater reason to talk about it, but as far as I can tell there's complete silence on the point prior, which doesn't seem to support the idea that pants are always considered a man's clothes and thus women are forbidden by Deuteronomy 22:5 to ever wear them.

So here is a question. What is the earliest time anyone in the history of Christianity that someone specifically stated that a women wearing trousers is an inherent violation of Deuteronomy 22:5? Anyone know?
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 2:05am On Oct 24, 2019
RandomGuy48:
So, I'm curious. To argue that Deuteronomy 22:5 in the present day disallows women to wear trousers, one must assert that trousers are perpetually only a man's clothing at any time in any place. If this is indeed the case, one would expect there would have been early statements of it by Christians. But all anyone seems able to point to are statements made in the last century or two. True, that was when more women started wearing trousers so there was greater reason to talk about it, but as far as I can tell there's complete silence on the point prior, which doesn't seem to support the idea that pants are always considered a man's clothes and thus women are forbidden by Deuteronomy 22:5 to ever wear them.

So here is a question. What is the earliest time anyone in the history of Christianity that someone specifically stated that a women wearing trousers is an inherent violation of Deuteronomy 22:5? Anyone know?

Anyone know if you have interest in obeying Deuteronomy 22.5 at all, whatever meaning it may truly have?

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by LordReed(m): 1:16am On Oct 26, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Atheists crooked thinking are weird and that explains why they always cuss.
Image123:

[img]https://4.bp..com/-gFXL7NWPy2I/Ww69_zxP7BI/AAAAAAAAacI/DDCQQO3ogaAohMEGzQ1INb9X8foPsj1NgCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-30%2Bat%2B10.05.37%2BAM.png[/img]
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 5:34am On Oct 26, 2019
Image123:
The summary of what you have written below is that you agree to my 'reasons' but you strongly want/expect men to be self controlled or disciplined.
You again, not unusually got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I do not agree to your "reason". Of course I strongly expect men to have and exercise self will. I strongly expect men to develop self control or self-discipline, so the point that, just like in that Alsatian dogs and casually walking by cat, they will be able to keep it together and not be tossed to and fro by the waves and get carried away by anything in a skirt. Case in point, Joseph showing strong will power and Potiphar's wife

Image123:
How you came out so easily is what i'm not sure of, maybe due to our mutual respect for one another though. Because i expect a kind of watertight defence to this "gospel" of trousers, not the kind pastor Chris gave or that you are giving. Let's be over careful of turning the grace of God into lasciviousness, in order to excuse immoral ways.
Image123, I know and understand you to be a honest moG, which is why I am doing an "Aquila and Priscilla" with you

Image 123, recall I mentioned that Pastor Chris is not fully woke, yet he did cover the subject with enough depth & aplomb I must say. I further said his submission though wasnt feeble, yet where he majorly left out and what made his edification insufficient and not enough is where he left out the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. Here is where I'll could agree with you that its not the kind of watertight defence to this "gospel" of cross dressing, or the kind pastor Chris gave.

As I previously advanced, even though you dont find it an agreeable thought, the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing, is to do with the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done, when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex that is detesting to God. This is what God dislikes and says its an abomination, period. Any other twisting and turning naa wash ojaare.

Image123:
i already did, but you don't seem to like/want the answer.
Image123, you still dont get it. The answer is not and never will "it is wrong" because the response should be binary answer

Image123, fyi, "Are you saying Mrs Image123 and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?" requires a Yes or No answer and not "it is wrong"

Image123:
It is not new sir. There are usually clauses and explanations to rules. Like you are giving your idolatry/cross dressing "revelation". You can be naked in your bathroom, but not everywhere. It is not partiality or double standards, it is discretion.
OK then Image123, what's the alternative "revelation" for why, as said in Deuteronomy 22:5, God, detests anyone who does cross dresses, hmm?

Image123:
Again, firstly and lastly, i will say that i am not talking about salvation or judgement or eternity. Note that clearly and markedly and foundationally, lest you 'fall'. A racist cannot have black friends and mentors, except racist has changed meaning.
You were trying to absolve yourself, so you slipped in, "i think it will interest you, and perhaps stop you from further copying and pasting some of your questions, to note that i have very close/dear female ministers and 'mentors' that wear pants/slacks."

Are you saying Mrs Image123 and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?. This question will never go away, until answered correctly lol

Image123:
And this is doctrine from where? In your words jokingly "This is a man made idea, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men. Teaching human rules after turning God laws on its head!" Did you hear yourself nicely?
Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head (i.e. Leviticus 19:27)
Men not to trim or clip off the edges of their beard (i.e. Leviticus 19:27)
Men not to have long hair (i.e. 1 Corinthians 11:14)

Without micing words, that's exactly what you are doing Image123. Now how many out of the three verses above do you adhere to

Image123:
It's not a doctrine, it is something very practical and visible.
Image123, it is a man made idea, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men. It is you teaching human rules after turning God laws on its head!

Image123, you already know me that I dont venture into subjects I havent a watertight understanding of and this how I can show you verses in 2 Kings and Zephaniah that explains Deuteronomy 22:5 away as nothing to do with your "it is something very practical and visible" version of event, but as I always maintain, has to do with cross dressing done and used for idolatrous purposes, meaning men wearing women’s clothing, and vice versa as part of an idolatrous rite

Image123:
Not to say much, let's pity the Too many weak men, shallow men all over town. We both agree that they exist, and GOD knows.
If it makes you feel great, then carry on making light of it that way

Image123:
Two wrongs don't make a right. The woman is a weaker vessel, according to the Bible and according to experience.
Image123, you've prooftexted 1 Peter 3:7 with this your "the woman is a weaker vessel" comment. C'mon now, the burden is upon the man in 1 Peter 3:7 and not the woman

I brought up "So? Dont men go about shirtless, dont men go about sleeveless showing bulging biceps ni?" because you first advanced "#4, it has subtly empowered and spurred on the feminism agenda over the decades."

Image123:
Good that you also see reason, just that you don't agree.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
I wish you drop the blinkers and start seeing reasons too.
How do you mean, I dont agree?. I dont agree to what exactly?

Image123:
Again, you see reason, thank God. i'd have thought i was hallucinating or something. Sorry, we live in a world where Josephs are one in a million literally. The Word of God is written for all, not for 'one in a millions'. That's why women should try to help the weak.
Are you trying to say, you're a weak man. If you are able and capable to stand firm, whats stopping other fellow men from doing so

The true test of a man's character is what he does, at seeing a näked woman, à la the King David way or a reminisce of something similar, when no one is watching

Image123:
i'm convinced it is wrong because of the above given reasons. It recklessly neglects new testament principles of abstaining from every appearance of evil, of trying not to be an offence or stumbling block to others. Not everything is expedient, and like Paul, i believe women should be ready and willing to do away with meat, seeing it makes many fake men.
There is nothing evil, bar the idolatrous purposes connection, in women wearing men clothing and vice versa. Image123, please dont be a hypocrite.

Hang on, how do you mean "i believe women should be ready and willing to do away with meat" smh. I guess, left to you we should enforce a Taliban slant on this matter of ready and willing to do away with "meat", like no bikini wearing at beaches or swimming pool sides, no female Olympic or other games sport dressing showing flesh abi? All because the men can keep their fly zipped up. Right?

It is someone like you who will rather the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not näkedly put and openly left in the attractive centre part of the garden of Eden. You'll be saying why couldnt and/or didnt God cover the tree up. Your reason will be because the tree is attractive and tempting to Adam and Eve. Dry laugh grin
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Maestro21: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
Image123:
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome speaks on why he thinks women should wear trousers in the short youtube video in this post.

If the beginning of a post be in error what shall be the rest of the post?

First and last, for me, wearing of trousers is not an issue of salvation. Note that boldly. So it's not a question or argument about this person is saved or not saved. We are saved by grace through faith, not by what we wear or don't wear. But there are things that are right and there are things that are wrong. For instance, it is wrong for you to miss church, or be sleeping or washing clothes or watching film at home during service. It is wrong for you to owe people money without paying them. Whether you will go to hell or be damned for this is another topic on its own.

OK.

So back to the matter. i believe absolutely that it is wrong for ladies to wear pants for many reasons. But in this video, the popular pastor Chris gives some reasons which i see as shallow and misleading.

Your personal opinion is useless for doctrine.

Firstly, i was surprised that trousers or no trousers was such a big issue for them(BLW). i never knew they cared so much what people thought about wearing trousers. i thought they were altogether blind about it.

Big issue?...lol. First off, the title of the complete message is called "The Word in You" which was around 2009 or maximum 2010. That snippet you heard was a segue from the crux of the issue which was the impact of God's word in an individual. Leading to that example, he was trying to explain how religious bondage can frustrate the power of the word in an individual's life - even for those who had been "born again" for a while. So a good example is the debate about wearing trousers or not. Using the lady who received the holy spirit whilst still in trousers was perfect because she received him having been unaware of the so-called doctrine that women were not allowed to wear trousers, whereas, there are religious "holy brethren" who had been born again for a while still "kurimama-ing and surimama-ing" without receiving anything except copying the religious jargon they had heard other religious people spout.

[s]Then pastor Chris gave some fallacious reasons why women should wear trousers. Do you agree with him?[/s]

Your opinion is not doctrine. Show bible verses.

One, [s]he says someone received the Holy Spirit baptism wearing trousers. Therefore, it means Holy Spirit validates the trouser wearing. In that case, he is assuming salvation or any of the graces is by works. Sorry sir, We receive from God by FAITH. There is the role of TEACHING. i thought he would remember this as a teacher himself. God can give you salvation, or sanctification, or Spirit baptism, even at a go(like the Cornelius household or apostle Paul). It does not mean that you are ALL right. There are still things you still need to learn and unlearn.[/s]

Offpoint.

[s]Two, he makes reference to what was prevalent a few years ago. Saying that a few years ago, it was a taboo for a christian woman to wear trousers. Well sir, many things have since changed also, doesn't make them right. Some things were more of culture too, not because of bible or christianity. A few years ago, it was also odd to be gay. A few years ago, it was rare to divorce and unheard of for pastors to commit immorality openly whatever the denomination. There was a lot of sanity i think, a few years ago. Both in the christian world and in the secular. A few years ago, you would rarely see christian brothers with beards even. There were many good things and bad things that have changed since a few years ago. So change or acceptance of something today is not a defence of it been right. Pastor Chris of all people should know that.[/s]

Offpoint again. Tell Sodom and Gomorrah that being gay was odd. Or better yet ask Paul why he wrote about it if it was not a thing in his time. Even in your snippet Pastor Chris already said the phenomenon had not changed. And it won't change. It will keep occurring in cycles. He was simply stating that the walls of ignorance concerning the subject matter have fallen today especially in Nigeria than it was in the past when ignorance, fear and religious bondage held sway. The work is still not done...apparently.

Unfortunately too, he showed something which i find a sad repeated occurence in almost all churches. That is man-worship. People follow or believe their pastor hook, line and sinker. He simply can do NO wrong. He showed this when he talked about a lady preacher coming to BLW to preach and how confidently he would erase all she was saying from the congregation's mind. Not too different from those who would not even allow guest preachers BTW. Then he went ahead to blatantly tell the audience that BELONG is different from PERTAIN, quoting Deuteronomy 22v5. And of course my people took it like it came as revelation straight from Mount Sinai hot. Sorry sir, pertain and belong are synonyms. They mean the same thing

Paul would not even let Peter mislead people under his fold and so will Rev. Chris. That is sound. Belong and pertain are not the same. Research before posting so you won't make yourself look unlearned. Pertain is related to attributes and Belong is related to ownership. If that were not the case, care to tell us what type of clothing men and women wore in that day.

And by the way, i thought that the common argument was that Deuteronomy does not apply to christians or New Testament? Then it went to trousers is not only for men and was not mentioned? Now, the narrative has changed or what? From his explanation, we can all wear skirts, high heels, geles etc. Just make sure as a man that a woman has not worn it before, and vice versa.

That is why you must understand the context in which something is said before running off to either make doctrines or cast aspersions. In the US, I am very sure you know female Deeperlifers wear trousers? During NYSC the ladies wear it too. If it is wrong according to Deu 22:5 then it is wrong in US and during NYSC.

Among other things, he mentioned that Jesus Christ was not allowed in the synagogue that is why he went to the desert, and that Pharisees were not around Him etc. Well, that's not even what i want to talk about in the thread. But it just goes to show that people need to read and study the Bible for themselves. Many of these preachers simply just say things that are not there in the Bible.

Bad belle can make ignoramuses out of men. What a shame.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by drakeli: 4:10am On Oct 27, 2019
Image123:

i'm saying that it is wrong.
If you asked me, I would tell you I’m against women wearing trousers especially in a culture where trousers are generally not acceptable. But my opinion changed when I traveled to a different clime where wearing trousers is culturally normal especially because of the cold weather. It gets so cold such that people including myself are wearing two to three pairs of trousers to protect our legs against frost bite. I can’t imagine myself wearing up to three pairs of trousers together in winter without anyone knowing in order to keep my legs warm and expect a woman to be wearing skirt in the same weather condition. That could cause a serious health implication for her legs. Wearing skirts or gown in such weather condition exposing your legs can be dangerous. Some people have had their legs cut off due to frost bite. Thank God, there’s no such weather condition in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You again, not unusually got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I do not agree to your "reason". Of course I strongly expect men to have and exercise self will. I strongly expect men to develop self control or self-discipline, so the point that, just like in that Alsatian dogs and casually walking by cat, they will be able to keep it together and not be tossed to and fro by the waves and get carried away by anything in a skirt. Case in point, Joseph showing strong will power and Potiphar's wife

Unfortunate Muttley, the Bible is not written for your expectations or for Josephs alone. It is written for the whole of humanity, the major part of which is weak.

Image123, I know and understand you to be a honest moG, which is why I am doing an "Aquila and Priscilla" with you

Image 123, recall I mentioned that Pastor Chris is not fully woke, yet he did cover the subject with enough depth & aplomb I must say. I further said his submission though wasnt feeble, yet where he majorly left out and what made his edification insufficient and not enough is where he left out the idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing is associated with. Here is where I'll could agree with you that its not the kind of watertight defence to this "gospel" of cross dressing, or the kind pastor Chris gave.

As I previously advanced, even though you dont find it an agreeable thought, the underlying reason of concern to God about cross dressing, is to do with the association with idolatry practices and pagan ritualistics done, when and with wearing clothes of the opposite sex that is detesting to God. This is what God dislikes and says its an abomination, period. Any other twisting and turning naa wash ojaare.

This your gospel of "idolatory pagan ritual custom that cross dressing" is not a new thing or a big thing like you are carrying it. Anyway, i should come back to it later. Maybe we should not mention that pastor again, i see one of his fans almost lost it already for the fact that i mentioned him. We need to love our naybours.

It seems you are making a point that crossdressing is rooted in idolatry, good of you.

Image123, you still dont get it. The answer is not and never will "it is wrong" because the response should be binary answer

Image123, fyi, "Are you saying Mrs Image123and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?" requires a Yes or No answer and not "it is wrong"

Brother, i know you know that I'll say it again. It is wrong. What they may do or not do is not the standard or the point. Yes or no doesn't change your viewpoint or God's viewpoint, does it?

OK then Image123, what's the alternative "revelation" for why, as said in Deuteronomy 22:5, God, detests anyone who does cross dresses, hmm?

i didn't say there was an alternative revelation, kindly read me correctly.

You were trying to absolve yourself, so you slipped in, "i think it will interest you, and perhaps stop you from further copying and pasting some of your questions, to note that i have very close/dear female ministers and 'mentors' that wear pants/slacks."

Are you saying Mrs Image123and any of the Misses Image123 dont wear and/or havent ever worn a pair of trousers/pants ni?. This question will never go away, until answered correctly lol

Absolve from what, Ogini?

Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head (i.e. Leviticus 19:27)
Men not to trim or clip off the edges of their beard (i.e. Leviticus 19:27)
Men not to have long hair (i.e. 1 Corinthians 11:14)

Without micing words, that's exactly what you are doing Image123. Now how many out of the three verses above do you adhere to

Good to see that you heard yourself nicely, i guess it wasn't funny hearing. Now you attempt a fallacy on me. i may as well quote you fallaciously to disobey any and every old testament scripture that i feel like. Right? Don't i just love this.

Image123, it is a man made idea, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men. It is you teaching human rules after turning God laws on its head!

Image123, you already know me that I dont venture into subjects I havent a watertight understanding of and this how I can show you verses in 2 Kings and Zephaniah that explains Deuteronomy 22:5 away as nothing to do with your "it is something very practical and visible" version of event, but as I always maintain, has to do with cross dressing done and used for idolatrous purposes, meaning men wearing women’s clothing, and vice versa as part of an idolatrous rite

Fortunately for us, this is not watertight just opiniontight. And again, your opinion is not a revelation by the way. It's one of sundry explanations of the verse that we ourselves have made before.

If it makes you feel great, then carry on making light of it that way

i do not make light of it,it is an obvious fact that there are not many Josephs or strong men in every generation of billions of men. There's a prayer of Lead us not into temptation, as it's obvious to the Lord that not every person can withstand temptation without falling.

Image123, you've prooftexted 1 Peter 3:7 with this your "the woman is a weaker vessel" comment. C'mon now, the burden is upon the man in 1 Peter 3:7 and not the woman

I brought up "So? Dont men go about shirtless, dont men go about sleeveless showing bulging biceps ni?" because you first advanced "#4, it has subtly empowered and spurred on the feminism agenda over the decades."

Brother, the FACT is that the woman is a weaker vessel. Wearing of pants have subtly deceived some to think otherwise. Now, that's revelations for you, lol.

[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
I wish you drop the blinkers and start seeing reasons too.
How do you mean, I dont agree?. I dont agree to what exactly?

You don't agree with me that women should not wear slacks. Or do you?

Are you trying to say, you're a weak man. If you are able and capable to stand firm, whats stopping other fellow men from doing so

The true test of a man's character is what he does, at seeing a näked woman, à la the King David way or a reminisce of something similar, when no one is watching

i'm not speaking for myself, how can i? Everybody cannot be me obviously, i'm sure that you agree. That's the reality. And it's good you mentioned king David. Even the great king failed to do a Joseph when it mattered. The women should help these many weak men. That's Christianity.

There is nothing evil, bar the idolatrous purposes connection, in women wearing men clothing and vice versa. Image123, please dont be a hypocrite.

Hang how do you mean "i believe women should be ready and willing to do away with meat" smh. I guess, left to you we should enforce a Taliban slant on this matter of ready and willing to do away with "meat", like no bikini wearing at beaches or swimming pool sides, no female Olympic or other games sport dressing showing flesh abi? All because the men can keep their fly zipped up. Right?

It is someone like you who will rather the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was not näkedly put and openly left in the attractive centre part of the garden of Eden. You'll be saying why couldnt and/or didnt God cover the tree up.Your reason will be because the tree is attractive and tempting to Adam and Eve. Dry laugh grin

i'll reiterate that my point is that it is wrong for women to wear slacks. i've yet to discuss sin or hell or evil or heaven with you on this thread. Don't put weed in my pocket like the yorubas will say. All things are lawful but not all things are expedient or necessary.
BTW, that tree wasn't attractive until satan insinuated it was. That's BTW anyways.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
drakeli:
If you asked me, I would tell you I’m against women wearing trousers especially in a culture where trousers are generally not acceptable. But my opinion changed when I traveled to a different clime where wearing trousers is culturally normal especially because of the cold weather. It gets so cold such that people including myself are wearing two to three pairs of trousers to protect our legs against frost bite. I can’t imagine myself wearing up to three pairs of trousers together in winter without anyone knowing in order to keep my legs warm and expect a woman to be wearing skirt in the same weather condition. That could cause a serious health implication for her legs. Wearing skirts or gown in such weather condition exposing your legs can be dangerous. Some people have had their legs cut off due to frost bite. Thank God, there’s no such weather condition in Nigeria.

Well done sir. We are the local people now that have not passed and don't know anything outside what is happening in our small and little minute hometown village. Well, it should gladden you to note that the Bible wasn't written by my brother or in our hut. As a matter of fact, people have been living and surviving all over the world for centuries without even slacks. Women just started wearing slacks like we know it less than hundred years ago sir. Don't let them deceive you again sir.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
Wouldn't it be a waste of space to reply to this other fellow that almost went berserk so sure of herself or himself?Let me use my time more profitably.

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2019
Image123:
Wouldn't it be a waste of space to reply to this other fellow that almost went berserk so sure of herself or himself?Let me use my time more profitably.
Image123, dont tell me, you expect, "maybe we should not mention that pastor again", to come here defend himself, when he has minnows, loads of small and insignificant persons at his beck and call, in "the organization" to do the snarling and give brusque responses for him, erhn? I am sure the pastor whose name we should not mention, knows that, why keep a dog(s) and bark yourself? lol. Who, in their right mind, does something like that, erhn?

So, yes, I concur 110% and without reservation, that it will be a waste of space, waste of internet ink like my brother from another mother, CaveAdullam will say, waste of your valuable and precious time to reply to this other fellow that's gone berserk so sure of herself or himself. You've made the right judgement to please use your time more profitably than with him and his likes.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Image123(m): 9:58am On Nov 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Image123, dont tell me, you expect, "maybe we should not mention that pastor again", to come here defend himself, when he has minnows, loads of small and insignificant persons at his beck and call, in "the organization" to do the snarling and give brusque responses for him, erhn? I am sure the pastor whose name we should not mention, knows that, why keep a dog(s) and bark yourself? lol. Who, in their right mind, does something like that, erhn?

So, yes, I concur 110% and without reservation, that it will be a waste of space, waste of internet ink like my brother from another mother, CaveAdullam will say, waste of your valuable and precious time to reply to this other fellow that's gone berserk so sure of herself or himself? You've made the right judgement to please use your time more profitably than with him and his likes.

Lol, you got me laughing there.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 10:21am On Nov 12, 2019
Image123:
Lol, you got me laughing there.
A day started with laughter is a sign of a good and blessed day.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Eviana(f): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2019
I don't think women "must" wear pants, but "like" and "choose" to.
I think it has to do more with the culture and its incredible grip on society.
Now I think this thread is geared more towards Christian women, so (in that sense), I know the age-long debate about "pants" allegedly being a salvational issue.
I do not believe that clothes (in particular, "pants" wearing) are a "salvational" issue.

1 Sam. 16:7
"......for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

HOWEVER, the Lord deals with the "heart".
When He transforms a sinner into a saint, there are noticeable changes that begin to take place.
The Holy Spirit begins His work.
Example:
A lady who perhaps used to wear extremely "tight" or "form-fitted" pants, will gradually buy less tight or a higher-sized pair of pants so that she is not misrepresenting who she is.
She may eventually figure out that pants no longer work for her and that appropriately "fitted skirts/dresses" are more appropriate for her.
When Christ gets ahold of a person, and they truly understand who he/she belongs to, change will take place...gradually.
If a Christian woman chooses to continue wearing pants, then they should be fitted appropriately.
I love this motto that I heard from a minister:
Whatever is worn should be "loose" enough (pants/shorts/shirts/skirts/dresses), "high" enough (shirts that cover chest area), and "low" enough (skirts/dresses)...to cover business."
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Eviana(f): 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
drakeli:

I understand you totally.
However, there are ways for females to wear appropriately lengthed skirts/ dresses even in harsh climates.
The skirts/dresses may have to be made (if they cannot be found in the stores) but it can be done.
There are fabrics such as (wool and corduroy) are specifically designed for cold climates.
Also women wear leggings, tights and other apparell that can cover/insulate the legs very well under skirts. The limbs should be covered.
The issue is the length and fabric of the skirts/dresses.
Obviously, mini-skirts and short dresses would be inappropriate in cold-weather climates.
But I get what you are saying that there are appropriate situations for women wearing pants.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 5:34am On Dec 19, 2019
Image123:
And by the way, i thought that the common argument was that Deuteronomy does not apply to christians or New Testament? Then it went to trousers is not only for men and was not mentioned? Now, the narrative has changed or what? From his explanation, we can all wear skirts, high heels, geles etc. Just make sure as a man that a woman has not worn it before, and vice versa.

Among other things, he mentioned that Jesus Christ was not allowed in the synagogue that is why he went to the desert, and that Pharisees were not around Him etc. Well, that's not even what i want to talk about in the thread. But it just goes to show that people need to read and study the Bible for themselves. Many of these preachers simply just say things that are not there in the Bible.
Image123 ooo. Pardon me for shouting out your name as if I put money down for plate during your naming ceremony. I am sorry, as the thing dey kami lara, nahin make me hala.

OK Image123 here's the deal, I've been thinking deeply about this thread, topic heading, content and especially Deuteronomy 22:5, I think that is your what you use as proof for your theological belief that women shouldnt wear men's trousers lol, and I know that I had advanced to you that Deuteronomy 22:5 was instituted because of the idolatory pagan custom/practice that included cross dressing as part of the ritual performed in the whole pagan rite, but then I couldnt find any and/or the textual proof supporting this. To make matters worse, I tried to look at Deuteronomy 22:5 contextually, but it seems like it was just plonked into the Deuteronomy 22:5 spot out of thin air, there is no top, no bottom, no head, no tail, just the order "A woman must not wear men’s clothing, and a man must not wear women’s clothing, for whoever does these things is detestable to the LORD your God", straight up and out of the blue. Like jcross19 would say, something wasnt adding up, so re-adjusted my sitting posture, sat up and sat up back straight, to get looking into Deuteronomy 22:5 deeply, carefully, properly and correctly. I began to wonder, asking myself questions, like, what is going on here, what is God up to here. Like, why did God plonk this Deuteronomy 22:5 verse right in there and put it in there without any seemingly explanation. The verse is in isolation, as in meaning, just there by itself

Image123, I was shocked at what I unearthed, pulled out and found. It turned out that Deuteronomy 22:5 is a command about something completely and totally different. Deuteronomy 22:5 had nothing whatsoever to do with any idolatory pagan custom/practice that included cross dressing as part of the ritual performed in the whole pagan rite. Deuteronomy 22:5 had nothing at all, to do with your thread title heading of whether must women ordinarily wear trousers/pants at all. Apparently Deuteronomy 22:5, really, truly and actually is about a command that was forbidding women from dressing up armed for/to war.

As it turns out, the correct literal Hebrew translation of Deuteronomy 22:5 is: “Never cause or force a warriors weapon to be used by a woman or wife, neither dress warriors armor on a woman or wife for to Yahweh, God of Host, disgusting is such that do so" and it is not "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God" and so it is God commanded in Deuteronomy 22:5 and God, in it, considered it disgusting, those that force the woman or wife, armed and to go fight in a war. Dont take my word as gospel Image123 lol, why not pull out a very good interlinear, then use it to check and find out the individual Hebrew words/phrases in Deuteronomy 22:5. "Gbe ẹsẹ now, ki iwọ na tẹsumọle, Ma fọ bi awo, oje ni wọn lo", lol.

Now Image123, the question(s) that begs an answer(s), is how did the falsism of the Hebrew translation of Deuteronomy 22:5 to English come about and/or why is the mainstream English bible translation(s) of Deuteronomy 22:5 an invalid interpretation of the verse? Moreover, since there is no biblical law, that says what a woman should wear or should not wear, why are we allowing Deuteronomy 22:5 to be used to say the outward dressing appearance of a woman is the measure of her inward relationship with Jesus Christ and so made to live under the constraints of legalism, the act of putting law above gospel by establishing requirements for salvation beyond repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, hmm? One is comforted to know that Eviana, admits to not believing that clothes (in particular, "pants" wearing) are not a "salvational" issue, lol. Even you too, had a lot earlier on had said: "First and last, for me, wearing of trousers is not an issue of salvation", lol.

Fyi in my research, I found John Selden, who happened to be an English jurist, a scholar of England's ancient laws and constitution and scholar of Jewish law, also was known as a polymath, when deconstructing Deuteronomy 22:5 in a letter, quotes Flavious Josephus', (i.e. you know Josephus, right Image123?) "Watch out particularly in battles lest a woman use masculine clothing, and lest a man use feminine dress" Funnily enough also found out men used to worship Venus in women's clothing and women worshipped Mars by wearing armour, lol. Anyway, point being made is that the mainstream interpretation of Deuteronomy 22:5 is not what we've come to know it really to be.

Fyi reference: https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/geb/deuteronomy-22.html#5
cc Finallydead
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by petra1(m): 6:18am On Dec 19, 2019
Image123:

I guess you fully agree, pastor Chris cannot err. Can he?

Anyone can err. But he didnt err here. Firstly the bible never condemn trouser. There was no trouser in bible days. In fact there was no difference between Male and female all wore the same national gown. And there was no difference in the style or fashion . Men wire same gone as women except other accessories like head covering.
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by MuttleyLaff: 6:23am On Dec 19, 2019
Image123:
I guess you fully agree, pastor Chris cannot err. Can he?

petra1:
Anyone can err. But he didnt err here. Firstly the bible never condemn trouser. There was no trouser in bible days. In fact there was no difference between Male and female all wore the same national gown. And there was no difference in the style or fashion . Men wire same gone as women except other accessories like head covering.
[img]https://s2/images/MuttleyHilarious.gif[/img]
Better a late response than never
Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Finallydead: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Image123 ooo. Pardon me for shouting out your name as if I put money down for plate during your naming ceremony. I am sorry, as the thing dey kami lara, nahin make me hala.

OK Image123 here's the deal, I've been thinking deeply about this thread, topic heading, content and especially Deuteronomy 22:5, I think that is your what you use as proof for your theological belief that women shouldnt wear men's trousers lol,....
cc Finallydead
Thanks for the invitation, MuttleyLaff. Won't bother with the video, but if OP's right about Pst. Chris's stance, then for obvious reasons I don't see as valid, his(Chris's) presentation of defence. A wonderful insight you bring to light too, cause its really not about simple men/women's clothing but as you said, the decking of a warrior. However, it really wouldn't even matter which it was, because the truth is all we read in the stautes of moses were to be observed word for word only by the sons of Israel under judaism. For those under Christ, its all symbolisms and hidden codes that must be interpreted/decoded in their spiritual essence, except in cases where it transcends to the natural, today. Otherwise, the believer should also worry about how to catch a mother bird or its eggs as in the verse that followed (Deut. 22:6-7). Lol. It's really sad that the Christian circle is largely still unlearned in (baby food)issues like this and only shows a famine of the word of God, in spite of countless Daddy GOs.
As to how a lady should dress, the directive in NT focuses on issues of modesty and priority.(Rom 14:21, 1Pet3:3-4). Modesty is simply implied in Paul's directive not to be a snare to a brother. Many will like to put this in a subjective context, but it's really not because males are essentially the same and attracted to certain parts of the female's body. So a woman should never expose any of her assets at all, which rules out anything too tight or short. While priority is in that the woman should not idolize/cling to/get caught up in decoration of the outward(though free to wear outward ornaments that are not spiritually defiled, if so, without obsession) but in the inward(beauty of holiness) as in Peter's. There are still other considerations, of course, but we could leave it at this, I think.

1 Like

Re: Must Women Wear Trouser/pants At All? by Ken4Christ: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2019
Get this ebook that gives a detailed answer on this issue of trouser wearing by Christian women. It also addresses related issues like make up, head coverings etc.

The Woman Question. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0WX4RO

You can email me at kenmacaulay@ymail.com on how to place order for your copy because Africans can't buy Kindle edition from Amazon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! / When The Son Of Man Comes, Will He Find Faith On The Earth? / The Various Portraits Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.