Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors (24765 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by m140(m): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

What do you mean settle community? Is the project itself not enough settlement for the community. Take for example the second Niger bridge, do you know the long term benefits the bridge will bring to communities on either side of the bridge, and the whole south east as a whole. This is the bridge south easterners had been clamouring for decades. A few greedy people will now chase contractors from site because the want to collect money.
Mind you, I am not saying those that lands directly affected by the projects should not be compensated, but giving all the communities (aka community elders and youths) along the route money for not doing any work is wrong.
You work to get money. Nigerians don't want to work, they want free money to flex around especially youth. I weep for this country. Is this what the western world have been doing to make their country developed. Nigeria is okay , Nigeria is not cursed, but Nigerians .... sigh....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 6:27am On Oct 22, 2019
tiwiex:

Sounds like an excuse and finding who to blame as usual. Should compensation be agreed? The FG did not even claim to make a counter offer. They know there would be resistance anywhere in the world without compensation. If they are not considering compensation then it reveals and underlying intention.

So you think no compensation was paid when Jonathan flagged off the 2nd Niger Bridge 6 years ago?

Jonathan flags off construction of 2nd Niger Bridge:
President Goodluck Jonathan in Onitsha, Monday, conducted the ground breaking ceremony for the construction of a second bridge across the River Niger.

The project, when completed will ease traffic on the existing one, which was built over 50 years ago.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2014/03/10/jonathan-flags-construction-2nd-niger-bridge/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by majamajic(m): 6:27am On Oct 22, 2019
delishpot:
Good, very good move. I am in support of this move 101%

so for your mind , the federal government projects in your area , that no one got compensated ?

this is normal thing in Nigeria , even in Lagos if u wan build on a land u bought with your money , guys do come for money.

FG is just trying to make it look as if this SE project is the first this is happening.

it's not good but it has been happening, they should not make this second Niger bridge look as if they building heaven for SE people, FG do pay compensation in all their projects , this is no different .

they can go ahead and abandon it as usual cos of compensation issues,

useless people !!!
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by MetaPhysical: 6:27am On Oct 22, 2019
Awon Ole!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by majamajic(m): 6:29am On Oct 22, 2019
madenigga:
Anambra and delta una son hear.

If I hear any pin, I would never forgive you people

so u are talking to poor States that can't build common bridge of 5 billon naira ?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Kemkemgirl(f): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2019
Hi guys, �️

Missed last edition of Sport Alert ? watch fresh edition
of cock and bull edition with Akwa Ibom first lady of sport. My reactions to stories making around Nigerian Sports and off course Tennis. Got u17 world cup news too.

Don't forget to Subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7-iasBE5Y
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by gulfer: 6:30am On Oct 22, 2019
We need a Fourth Mainland Bridge in Lagos, kindly divert the funds there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Amumaigwe: 6:31am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

Are you sure you know what you are saying? A major road and bridge passing through your community will not benefit the community? A bridge a major bridge that will link the south to the rest the country.
Anywhere a major road in completed, land value double instantly.

How will it benefits then? They are just villagers whose major occupation is farming. You take away their farmlands to build bridge that will be mostly to the benefit of the numerous Dangote and BUA trucks and other lighter road users. They should be compensated please. Now that the bridge is still under construction, don't people travel again? Blackmail ain't gonna work.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrsLeo(f): 6:31am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Ite even better the money is thrown away.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by four4: 6:33am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .
please how much is the cost of the project That one community will be demanding for 100bills, if we have like 5 or 6 communities demanding for such amount of compensation how much it will remains for the projects? And if the share the money for every harry and dict that demand for compensations and use the remaining one to build substandard project we will be the one to suffer it
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrsLeo(f): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Sharap.

With my Naija passport I'm fine.

Once they see my name they know m free.

In Pakistan now your brothers are being selected for screening.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrsLeo(f): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

With money taken from your bridge they would have more drugs.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Amumaigwe: 6:33am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

Landowners must have been compensated, the people blackmailing the FG are communities (read between the lines - chiefs, elders and youths).

The community are the land owners. Do you have any proof that they have been compensated?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by RichDad1(m): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2019
safetyInspector:
It is a long tradition and it is applicable to all FG projects across Nigeria. Yesterday we read here how FG budget 2.6Billion Naira for compensation for Manbila power project. When it comes to a certain part of the country FG will make the provision for compensation even before starting projects but in another part of the country FG will want to forcefully take the land with useless excuses.
It’s a useless tradition.
Where I come from, community leaders will give you land for free or at a discounted price as long as it’s going to improve commerce in the community.
I don’t know what you mean by certain part of the country. You can be objective without any tribal of ethnicity slurs.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by RichDad1(m): 6:34am On Oct 22, 2019
gulfer:
We need a Fourth Mainland Bridge in Lagos, kindly divert the funds there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I’m telling you. If only the FG will look our side.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrsLeo(f): 6:36am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
If they don't need the 2nd Niger bridge abeg transfer funds to our schools or hospitals.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Amumaigwe: 6:36am On Oct 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

drop the SIR in your name immediately and return to village.

At least you understood him. Help intimate us on how the Third Mainland bridge benefited the slum communities it passsed through.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by MetaPhysical: 6:37am On Oct 22, 2019
gulfer:

Good gesture but we actually do not want FG to have anything to do with 4th bridge. Lagos has a better maintenance culture than FG...the bridge go just rot and State will be blocked from repairing it. We want full control of that project.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by iamjavadem(m): 6:39am On Oct 22, 2019
He made assumptions not conclusions, do you know the difference?
Yusuf4:
How then can you just conclude that it’s the Youths that are not doing anything that wants to be compensated. The truth is, the Federal Government don’t want to compensate the land owners on the ground that it’s a public project that will benefit them.

As far as I know, this project will not even benefit the host community specially.

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrsLeo(f): 6:41am On Oct 22, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Very well then.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Tchange1(m): 6:45am On Oct 22, 2019
Am in support 1000%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by whizbee(m): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .

I'm not an APC nor buhari fan, this opinion is one of the problems we have today in this country, it's a tradition and it should continue?... please say something else
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Smoke55: 6:49am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
this is the only reasonable thing you have said since you came to this planet.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 6:49am On Oct 22, 2019
Amumaigwe:

The community are the land owners. Do you have any proof that they have been compensated?
What does your mean community are land owners? Will the bridge cover the whole community? So you give every elder, youth cat and dog money, because a few dozen hectares would be needed for road passing through the community.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by drlateef: 6:51am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

This is a myopic opinion. How can youth get jobs if such projects are frustrated in their community? And we are complaining of high peoject costs, comparing Nigeria to Ruanda and Ethiopia doing similar projects. In fact you have stated trash, retract it.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Amumaigwe: 6:52am On Oct 22, 2019
RichDad1:

You’re asking how a good road will benefit the host community? Is this some form of ignorance or what ?
Anyways, let me help point some out for you.

A good road will definitely opens up the community to more opportunities.
Investors will see reasons to site companies there among other things.

This is untrue. So investors are frantically searching for any community that a good road passes through yo flood their investments. What about other factors of production including power. Some communities in Nigeria have fairly good roads. What is keeping your phantom Investors?

On 3MB, I guess you’re too young to know or you were not even born yet to know how Oworo, Bariga and Akoka used to be before the Bridge was constructed.

Let me educate you, before 3MB was constructed by IBB, the whole traffic going to the island had to be routed through Ikorodu road. Either through Yaba or Western Avenue. And I can tell you it wasn’t funny.

[/quote]

All these are benefits to the elites that have need to get from mainland to island quickly and conveniently. We are asking for the benefit to the slum communities that were unsettled by the project.

In the case of 4MB, the project has been redesigned twice to make sure the government does not pay too much on compensations.
Do you know the amount of traveling time that will be reduced at the completion of the 4MB?
FYI, lots of communities are willing to even sacrifice their lands just for the bridge to pass through their domain.

[/quote]

Still off point.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by miketayo(m): 6:52am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

Ask yourself is it right? Whether it started 10 million years ago or not.
We cant get it right if we keep bribing people up and down to develop their own community
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by klax(m): 6:53am On Oct 22, 2019
I support the motion 100% infact if the contractors goes back to the 2nd Niger bridge and any one ask them for money little or large amount the job should be suspended indefinitely I mean forever let who want to die go and die.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mercyviv(f): 6:53am On Oct 22, 2019
No time to waste! Please kindly relocate the projects. If a community is trying to frustrate a project from coming to life, another community around should be made to benefit!!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by 9gerian: 6:53am On Oct 22, 2019
This is wrong if true.

Most people are poor mostly due to various government policies and actions / inactions in Nigeria.

The land may be the only thing the family possesses.

On the other hand, I hear it is the contract for supplies of raw materials and labor that is creating a stalemate. The people should understand that the construction company has a budget for all components of the contract and would not inflate such to accommodate the greed of suppliers.

The people should try and make hay while the sun shines... allow them finish this bridge on time please!

Yusuf4:
How then can you just conclude that it’s the Youths that are not doing anything that wants to be compensated. The truth is, the Federal Government don’t want to compensate the land owners on the ground that it’s a public project that will benefit them.

As far as I know, this project will not even benefit the host community specially.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by SolarHub(m): 6:53am On Oct 22, 2019
Hmmmm

YOU WANT TO ENJOY AT LEAST 8 HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY WITH OUR 1KVA SOLAR SYSTEM? CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by drlateef: 6:54am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol u expect Igbo man to give u his land for free ?

Which government takes peoples land without compensation ?

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

If u can't compensate the land owners leave the bridge

If threats dont work, why are igbos complaining of maginalisation? In that case the maginalisatiin has just started. FG should please relocate the bridge to Sambisa forest. Its not needed there, but the people will not complain if they take over the whole forest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars / Afenifere Accuses Buhari Of Tribal Bigotry Against Igbos / Bauchi Under Attack? Pls Confirm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.