Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors (24739 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Efomeh2020(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2019
I think this an unnecessary excuse to not complete the 2nd Niger bridge. Unfortunately, the south east are not aiding the situation.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by delishpot: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2019
majamajic:

so for your mind , the federal government projects in your area , that no one got compensated ?

this is normal thing in Nigeria , even in Lagos if u wan build on a land u bought with your money , guys do come for money.

FG is just trying to make it look as if this SE project is the first this is happening.

it's not good but it has been happening, they should not make this second Niger bridge look as if they building heaven for SE people, FG do pay compensation in all their projects , this is no different .

they can go ahead and abandon it as usual cos of compensation issues,

useless people !!!

Compensation to fix or repair a bridge? My friend let's be Frank here, the FG knows that if a private property would be affected, they compensate the parties involved. Let's stop protecting and defending criminals. Tgat was how Jamb officials asked for compensation when an international body asked for a list of the students with best jamb score so that they will give hem scholarship. Instead of doing so, jamb officials asked for compensation grin. Nigerians hate to see prosperity. Criminals!

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Neddstark: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2019
I can't believe people are actually insisting on compensating communities. As in learned people here are actually supporting paying communities before bringing development there. Nigerian mentality is becoming disturbing

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol u expect Igbo man to give u his land for free ?

Which government takes peoples land without compensation ?

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

If u can't compensate the land owners leave the bridge
. Too bad, that's why our region will not develop, is the project not for our collective gain? That's why North will keep developing, if it were to be in the North, they will not only give their land hut encourage and join the construction workers in doing some charity work.

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by majamajic(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2019
delishpot:

Compensation to fix or repair a bridge? My friend let's be Frank here, the FG knows that if a private property would be affected, they compensate the parties involved. Let's stop protecting and defending criminals. Tgat was how Jamb officials asked for compensation when an international body asked for a list of the students with best jamb score so that they will give hem scholarship. Instead of doing so, jamb officials asked for compensation grin. Nigerians hate to see prosperity. Criminals!

so now this is a good reason to abandon the bridge again ?

This is not going to be the first or the last communities will ask for compensation , why is this issue now, cos it's the Niger bridge ? come on !
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obailala(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

They never said they are not open to negotiation ...the company has opened dialogue but if FG think they can push Igbo's around then they are joking
Stop this your Igbo this, Igbo that, Igbo, Igbo boasting and chest beating thing; it's needless, it's sickening and just disgusting. The issue here isn't an inter-tribal contest so quit making it look like some inter-tribal war.

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. Too bad, that's why our region will not develop, is the project not for our collective gain? That's why North will keep developing, if it were to be in the North, they will not only give their land hut encourage and join the construction workers in doing some charity work.
Is north more developed than south east ?
We don't have luxury of land ...the rest of Nigeria benefits from the bridge as much as Igbo's ...

The whole south east is same size as Oyo with a population of close to 20 million with over 15 million living outside the region ...

I bought a plot in my village for 2 million plus ...my village ooh inside inside

Land in the east is not cheap
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by hammerT: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2019
7lives:

Cry me a river, GEJ should have complete that project but he was too drunk to think.
So Buhari should just complete the project, so that you people can start wailing on another item.

BUHARI SHOULD GO AND SETTLE THE PEOPLE HE USED AS EXCUSE TO STOP THE PROJECT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

HE IS THE CAUSE OF HIS PROBLEMS.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 10:17am On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:
Stop this your Igbo this, Igbo that, Igbo, Igbo boasting and chest beating thing; it's needless, it's sickening and just disgusting. The issue here isn't an inter-tribal contest so quit making it look like some inter-tribal war.
Oga I'm Igbo first before Nigeria ...I can't allow my people to be intimidated
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2019
I AM FROM THE SOUTH EAST REGION I SUPPORT MR. PRESIDENT ON THIS, IF THOSE RIF RAF COMMUNITY PEOPLE WANT TO FRUSTRATE THE EFFORT OF FG AND CONTRACTORS, PLEASE ABANDON THE 2ND NIGER BRIDGE PROJECT AND LEAVE, AFTER ALL, PDP STARTED, EXECUTE AND COMMISSIONED THE 2ND NIGER BRIDGE PROJECT ON SIGNPOST, NOW THAT APC HAS TAKEN OVER THE PROJECT AND ARE SERIOUSLY WORKING ON IT, SOME RIF RAF PEOPLE EMERGED FROM NO WHERE TO DISTURB, IT IS STILL THE SAME SET OF PEOPLE THAT WILL ALL COME OUT AND START SCREAMING MARGINILIZATION, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE FUTURE BENEFIT OF THE PROJECT TO THE NEXT GENERATION, IF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS HAD DISTURBED THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE FIRST NIGER BRIDGE, WOULD THERE HAVE BEEN ANYTHIG AS SUCH?, ARE WE ALL NOT COLLECTIVELY ENJOYING OR USING THE SAME BRIDGE. BIKO BUBU, IF COMMUNITY FRUSTRATE YOUR EFFORT, BIKO CARRY THE PROJECT TO SAMBISA FOREST, IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS FROM NOW TO COME, YOU NEVER CAN TELL, SAMIBA MIGHT BECOME A STATE AND THE INDIGENES WILL ENJOY THE PROJECT IN FUTURE.

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by edoairways: 10:34am On Oct 22, 2019
mapet:

Very Archaic and useless tradition. You wonder why "community Youths" are lazy and don't want to work? They want to feast on contractors, companies and govt projects. Check Oil producing communities, their youths are on the average very lazy. When they see the likes of Tompolo, Ayiri Emami and co became billionaires through extortion, why will they not want to tow that line.

If BuhariAdvocate claims that it's "a long tradition in our society", where are the value -returns (hospitals, Schools, quality markets, Water etc) to show for it?
Exactly! That was how a road in warri wasn't patched by Ali Baba because of the same mentality Buhariaadovacate raised
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 10:36am On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:
If u can't see the hatred of APC towards Igbo's then u are blind

Would u be happy if ur region is treated like south east
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Dadaboy: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

Bro you no get sense at all. So make buhari pay them 100 billion. I dey shame for you

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by allthingsgood: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2019
safetyInspector:
Yes I am for real, the land owners need to be compensated. If you don't have a clue on this please go and investigate on how such projects is being run by FG across the Nation.

Please shut up. U are everything thats wrong with Nigerian society. What a disgusting thought!

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by MoIbrahim: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2019
Na wa o grin grin grin

BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by JusticeSeeker: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

This is what hate can do. It pushes you to the level of denying yourself goodies that are coming from the person you hate. In your mind you think you have spoken.

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by rhythyson: 11:11am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

In your mind you are making sense abi?

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

. NO ONE IS TREATING THE SOUTH EAST ANY HOW, RATHER IS OUR PEOPLE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT AFRICAN POLITICS ARE, YOU DONT PUT YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET, OUR PEOPLE ARE DAFT, WE PLAY THE SAME TRIBAL POLITICS AS THE PEPPLE OF KOGI DOES.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obidark: 11:17am On Oct 22, 2019
KosiGee:

That’s blackmail. The federal govt, state government and the contractors should resolve all issues related to lands etc before they commence work.

Should oil prospecting stop in the North because of Boko haram’s kidnapping and killing of NNPC staff and other security issues?

Should federal government stop funding IDPs because of the fraud perpetuated by staff, abuses, rapes, sexual harassment of vulnerable people and serious security issues posed by Boko haram and other bandits!?

you are right....
it was not easy with delta militants either and things are somehow calm now....
buhari is wrong on this....
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:19am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

. NO ONE IS TREATING THE SOUTH EAST ANY HOW, RATHER IS OUR PEOPLE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT AFRICAN POLITICS ARE, YOU DONT PUT YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET, OUR PEOPLE ARE DAFT, WE PLAY THE SAME TRIBAL POLITICS AS THE POPPLE OF KOGI DOES. HATE MY BROTHER BEGAT HATE, YOU DONT SOW HATE AND EXPECT TO BE LOVED, THATS THE BITTER TRUTH.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Johans1991: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

after writing this rubbish u ll still come here to say there is no federal government project in d East
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Nightwolf1: 11:38am On Oct 22, 2019
abeggnow:
it is not d duty of a government to provide jobs

But it is the duty of govt to collect taxes even from jobless people... Something is definitely wrong with majority of Nigerians.

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2019
Johans1991:
after writing this rubbish u ll still come here to say there is no federal government project in d East
There are project they can take on without compensation ...

If u take peoples land pay them for the land

Would u be happy if government take ur fathers land without compensation ?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 11:57am On Oct 22, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. NO ONE IS TREATING THE SOUTH EAST ANY HOW, RATHER IS OUR PEOPLE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT AFRICAN POLITICS ARE, YOU DONT PUT YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET, OUR PEOPLE ARE DAFT, WE PLAY THE SAME TRIBAL POLITICS AS THE POPPLE OF KOGI DOES. HATE MY BROTHER BEGAT HATE, YOU DONT SOW HATE AND EXPECT TO BE LOVED, THATS THE BITTER TRUTH.
Really African politics that has kept Africa backwards

We would only complain ...but won't stop us from developing ...still pity the Igbo fools who still support APC ...there efforts are in vain

Joe igbokwe after all what did he get?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
This is what hate can do. It pushes you to the level of denying yourself goodies that are coming from the person you hate. In your mind you think you have spoken.
Maybe all your fathers land be taken from u nu government for road without compensation
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 11:59am On Oct 22, 2019
Dadaboy:

Bro you no get sense at all. So make buhari pay them 100 billion. I dey shame for you
If u have sense u would know they just quoted that figure n open to negotiation ...

Is taking the lands by force right ?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by luluosas(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Until River Niger is soaked in blood? You must be dreaming
Niccoloimhotep:
cry

This excuse sounds both stupid and lame to me. The almighty federal govt giving up an entire project without a fight even when the resisting force has not fired a single shot nor attacked anybody. Since when actually did the government become so weak? This is the same government that unleashed python dance and crocodile smile on ipob and niger delta militants.
I think there's a mischievous undertone to this, haba ......this is just too lame.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by MountainView: 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
nextstep:

I'm not a fan of Buhari, but I support this 100%. Some jobless youths and their community leaders were threatening to derail 2nd Niger Bridge, so let's see if this will make them rethink.

Contractors are not in the business of providing jobs. They are in the business of making money, and providing jobs is one side benefit, but they use only the qualified labour they want.

Government is supposed to create enabling environment for businesses to run, which in turn provides jobs. The fact that the youth in a state are jobless is not the contractor's headache... that's the responsibility of the state. States can suggest, and even make jobs a pre qualification for giving the contract, but a contractor should not be obligated to employ people it does not need.

Youths are supposed to vote in the people that will provide an enabling environment. From governor, to senator, to representative (federal and state), to LGA chairperson. They failed to do so, now they should enjoy the fruits of their vote.

Good day Sir, i saw your message, I've sent a reply via E-mail
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by safetyInspector(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Do you know the huge amount of land that is involved in that second Niger bridge? We are talking about double lane road with over 30km. If you bought land on that axis or you have a farm land or building that sustains your family will you be taking in this manner about compensation? Think through a situation before start abusing people. Learn to talk responsibly, I don't have to educate you on that.
allthingsgood:

Please shut up. U are everything thats wrong with Nigerian society. What a disgusting thought!
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by expressglory: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
MY WISEMEN FROM THE EAST...YOU ARE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION...BUT TO DEMAND 100billion NAIRA IS TOO MUCH....biko
Meanwhile how many of you suspect PDP...I think PDP mobilised the people to frustrate the project because what PDP could not give to the South East since 1999,Buhari will score a heavy political point by giving them in 5yrs....my opinion

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by COMPAQ(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .

What stupid tradition is that!!
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by alaira(m): 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s][/s]
terroristbuhari:
[s][/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike Visits Illegal Oil Refineries, Declares War On Operators / An Asteroid Or Meteor Will Hit The Earth On September 24, 2015 / Buhari’s Administration More Clueless Than Jonathan’s – Chibok Girls’ Mother

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69