Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,839 members, 7,844,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary (71470 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by okoroemeka(m): 1:37pm On Feb 04, 2020
Silvereze:

1. There three farmers that complained of the same problem. They grew only Murano

2. I didn't get the concept of growing Murano with a pollenizer from Pistotita.. I was making some research because of the problem.. When my thoughts were confirmed by another farmer.

3. Leaning on my studies on genetics in the higher institution, I don't agree that cross-pollination distorts the original phenotypic characters of a fruit .

I know characters of the crossbreeding will only show in the offsprings which are the seed.
And we are not planning to recycle those seeds.

4..The Murano cucumbers were not light green. I started noticing some light green Murano cucumbers towards the end of production. The cause of this was that I didn't fertilize after sometime and soil nutrients were depleted.

5. The Murano I grew with Cu999 in my cureent project has started flowering seriously. I've checked all the rows but didn't see any male Murano flowers. The male flowers may come out later may be in one or two plants. I'm just imagining what would have happened if there is no pollenizer for pollinators to work with.

6. I still have some Murano seeds. I'll do a pilot project following all procedures in Pistotita's post to see the results.

Gracias

Murano 2 f1 is most guilty of producing 98% female flower to 2% male flower,and I think weather plays a very critical role in determining the percentage of both,we have planted Murano 2f1 during the cool rainy season with almost catastrophic results,no single male flower for 2 weeks and the whole fruits we supposed to harvest for 3 times just dried up,it's later that males started coming out and fruits started setting,but we did another Murano 2f1 farm during hot dry season and nothing like that happened,male flowers were sufficient,,many farmers will not notice this phenomenon because the farm is always close to another farm and bees will carry pollen from other farms to pollinate,if they plant in an area with no cucumber farm around that's when the problem manifest especially during rainy season.
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
okoroemeka:
Murano 2 f1 is most guilty of producing 98% female flower to 2% male flower,and I think weather plays a very critical role in determining the percentage of both,we have planted Murano 2f1 during the cool rainy season with almost catastrophic results,no single male flower for 2 weeks and the whole fruits we supposed to harvest for 3 times just dried up,it's later that males started coming out and fruits started setting,but we did another Murano 2f1 farm during hot dry season and nothing like that happened,male flowers were sufficient,,many farmers will not notice this phenomenon because the farm is always close to another farm and bees will carry pollen from other farms to pollinate,if they plant in an area with no cucumber farm around that's when the problem manifest especially during rainy season.

I do not think you should prolong this issue. It has been recorded that greengo is gynecious which suppose to bring only female flower. This is a fact. Farmers have cultivated it only with super yield in Nigeria Why? There is really no need to mix because of male flowers. You mix for other reasons in tropics. This is the truth and should end the debate. Let the OP continue his thread. His false teaching is what I corrected. And I think it is well understood.

In those days, 15% monoecious are always mixed inside packs of gynecious. When Seminis first moved Darina to Nigeria, they always mix Marketmore with it, and they put marks on Marketmore so you can spread it around tthe farm uniformly. Yes, that is the rule: it must be marked. But they have stopped mixing it since they realised that it is not necessary. I do not understand why people who have less understanding of a subject come online to mislead others? Why? Stop this debate. If you find your mixing ok....ride on. That is your style. And may God bless your hustle. Before, murano no dey give male flowers... now it is 2 male flowers. Where did the 2 come from? From heaven? Or from the soil? Your flowers aborted because of other reasons which I wanted to show on my thread but you.all are over zealous to shut me up. And goodluck to you all. Those reasons are why you will never believe a plant can give 40 fruits. When you get that secret, you will downsize to one plot. I laugh at people cos they know absolutely nothing.

Please, let this debate die down. What I am after is deleting healthserve and kunleweb. And i do not want the move on this thread further. It has been derailed enough. Let Lofarms come on board and continue his thread. He is a kid I do not need to drag anything with.

I think I have spoken or written well.

Thank you all! And Goodluck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices / Poultry. Cost And Expectations In Nigeria / Woman Sitting On Bunch Of Bananas On Okada (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.