Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary - Agriculture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary (71210 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 05, 2020
Moving forward updates on my project come Thursday or Friday. Mods I see you ooo grin
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Silvereze(m): 3:37am On Feb 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
Murano 2 f1 is most guilty of producing 98% female flower to 2% male flower,and I think weather plays a very critical role in determining the percentage of both,we have planted Murano 2f1 during the cool rainy season with almost catastrophic results,no single male flower for 2 weeks and the whole fruits we supposed to harvest for 3 times just dried up,it's later that males started coming out and fruits started setting,but we did another Murano 2f1 farm during hot dry season and nothing like that happened,male flowers were sufficient,,many farmers will not notice this phenomenon because the farm is always close to another farm and bees will carry pollen from other farms to pollinate,if they plant in an area with no cucumber farm around that's when the problem manifest especially during rainy season.

I quite agree
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Silvereze(m): 3:41am On Feb 05, 2020
OluchiDelly:

I can't remember where I read that "murano f1 is predominantly female flowers while murano 2f1 is gynoecium". Did you and those 3 farmers grow 2f1? If the bolded statement is true, could that be the reason while you are not seeing male flowers in the 2f1? Could that also be the reason while the 3 farmers you mentioned were having same issue? I can relate well with the f1, it did well without pollenizer but have not planted the 2f1.

The seed is the Cucumber Murano 2 F1.
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by aquadude15: 5:51am On Feb 07, 2020
Wizs2019:
@aquadude15

Nobody want to see the hardwork go to vain but the plants you have are a lost cause. At this stage the plants should be much taller with much vegetation, but the leaves are extremely infected they can no longer support the plant talk less of fruits. Put it down as a learning experience. You will be better for it. @jidestroud assessment is spot on.

My advice is save your cash and farm materials, uproot all the plants ASAP and burn them away from your farm. This will potentially stop your farm land from being infected and further infections.

For your next planting season use velum prime and orizon about 2 weeks before you plant. Go and follow what I wrote in this post: https://www.nairaland.com/4822157/500000-naira-one-plot-land/44#81558022
And come back to details your results.

It is so important your plants start strongly because it really helps them fight infections. Never joke with pre-plant Fertiliser application. For me just organic manure is not enough, you have to give inorganic Fertilisers (SSP, P Nitrate, C Nitrate) also in adequate amounts. This will boost the initial growth of your plants then 80% of the battle is already won.

@Lofarms I see you eh wink. Continue your work. The above information is also very critical for you. Next planting season, you must do great things. Just focus on your goal.

If you have to do something, do it right and do it large or go home!
good am boss.
pls how do I get this fertilizer (SSP, p nitrate, s nitrate)
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Wizs2019: 12:19am On Feb 08, 2020
aquadude15:

good am boss.
pls how do I get this fertilizer (SSP, p nitrate, s nitrate)

Hi, You can get from jubaili based in ibadan (google them) and on Nairaland you can ask @seedworld.

See pics of my latest project below:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by FarmTech(m): 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2020
aquadude15:
good am boss. pls how do I get this fertilizer (SSP, p nitrate, s nitrate)
. How did the plants cope??
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by aquadude15: 5:57am On Feb 09, 2020
FarmTech:

How did the plants cope??

thank you boss, a larger percentage have started fruiting and it is not curvy as before. leaf is green also
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by sky4r: 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
anybody growing cucumber hydroponically show please enlighten us with details.
including materials,nutrient solution and hybrid seeds
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by OluchiDelly: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
aquadude15:

thank you boss, a larger percentage have started fruiting and it is not curvy as before. leaf is green also
What treatments did you employ that made the difference?
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by FarmTech(m): 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2020
aquadude15:

I'm happy to hear that. But watch out for tiny pests like thrips, whiteflies etc. Early detection and control is critical. Apart from dimethoeat, what other pesticides are u using?
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by aquadude15: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2020
OluchiDelly:
I followed all the advises
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by aquadude15: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2020
OluchiDelly:
I followed all the advises
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by aquadude15: 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
FarmTech:

I'm happy to hear that. But watch out for tiny pests like thrips, whiteflies etc. Early detection and control is critical. Apart from dimethoeat, what other pesticides are u using?
I use only dimethoate and ddforce.
the combo works well and I don't think they have grown resistance against the combo for now
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Psalmy2cute(m): 5:05am On Feb 10, 2020
aquadude15:

I use only dimethoate and ddforce.
the combo works well and I don't think they have grown resistance against the combo for now
At what price did you get dimethoate??
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by aquadude15: 9:57am On Feb 10, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
At what price did you get dimethoate??
crackdown 3500
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2020
aquadude15:

crackdown 3500
How many liters?? 1, 2, 4??
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by aquadude15: 11:36am On Feb 10, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
How many liters?? 1, 2, 4??

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices / Hundreds Of Sheep Have Been Walking In A Circle For 12 Days Straight In China / Current Cassava Price Per Tonne @ Thai Farm Ososa Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.