Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Did Joseph Have Any Other Wife Apart From Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Joseph Have Any Other Wife Apart From Mary (339 Views)

Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / Please Solve This Question: “how Many Brothers Did Joseph Have?” / 3 Lessons To Learn From Mary And Martha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did Joseph Have Any Other Wife Apart From Mary by ochibuogwu5: 8:53am On Oct 22, 2019
Good morning Brethren!!!
For those making argument that Joseph had other wives apart from Mary: why do we like thinking another thing about the Scriptures when the word of God is *explicit*, these scriptures confirmed that these people had another woman as their mother. The Scriptures confirms that it was *agreed that by kinsmen* that Mary is bethrothed to Joseph for *marriage*. What is informing us about Joseph marrying another wife when the same scriptures also confirm Joseph to be *a devout man*, within the Jewish context of devout men, do they marry more than one wife? How can God who dictated marriage between *one man and one woman* allow His Son and the mother of His Son to be under the *guardian of a polygamous man*? To make it more clear that Joseph had no other child, listen to what the angel told Joseph when he discovered Mary was pregnant and he knew that he had not sexual intercourse with her as husband hence wanted to send her away secretly without the Jewish public disgrace thus "Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee *Mary thy(your) wife*: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost." This Scripture stated *...take Mary your wife* not *one of your wives*.....if you go back to verse-19 thus "Matthew 1:19 Then *Joseph her husband*, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily." This passage also stated *Joseph her husband* which entails he had no previous wife *anywhere apart from Mary*. Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Did Joseph Have Any Other Wife Apart From Mary by Donald95(m): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
Good morning Brethren!!!
For those making argument that Joseph had other wives apart from Mary: why do we like thinking another thing about the Scriptures when the word of God is *explicit*, these scriptures confirmed that these people had another woman as their mother. The Scriptures confirms that it was *agreed that by kinsmen* that Mary is bethrothed to Joseph for *marriage*. What is informing us about Joseph marrying another wife when the same scriptures also confirm Joseph to be *a devout man*, within the Jewish context of devout men, do they marry more than one wife? How can God who dictated marriage between *one man and one woman* allow His Son and the mother of His Son to be under the *guardian of a polygamous man*? To make it more clear that Joseph had no other child, listen to what the angel told Joseph when he discovered Mary was pregnant and he knew that he had not sexual intercourse with her as husband hence wanted to send her away secretly without the Jewish public disgrace thus "Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee *Mary thy(your) wife*: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost." This Scripture stated *...take Mary your wife* not *one of your wives*.....if you go back to verse-19 thus "Matthew 1:19 Then *Joseph her husband*, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily." This passage also stated *Joseph her husband* which entails he had no previous wife *anywhere apart from Mary*. Great Grace Brethren!!!

To make it more clear that Joseph had no other child,

You don't read Bible that's una problem.

Please read

Matthew 12:46-50 _-_
46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.
47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”
49 Pointing to his disciples, he said,
“Here are my mother and my brothers.
50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.

Some other bible verses include Mark 3:31 , Luke 8:19, John 2:12 , Acts 1:14 , 1 Cor. 9:5 , Matthew 13:55 , Mark 6:3

I support you that Joseph never had another wife
Re: Did Joseph Have Any Other Wife Apart From Mary by lordm(m): 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
You are looking for trouble

(1) (Reply)

Come And See Religious People Who Worship A Cartoon Character!!! / Married Sex And Unmarried Sex - DIFFERENCE / Help Inteeprete Dis Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.