Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

MODS: Why am I seeing a different username on my NL profile? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / MODS: Why am I seeing a different username on my NL profile? (760 Views)

PIA VPN Password And Username For Free / An Experimental Mobile Android App For NL / Drop Your Twitter Username For More Followers (NEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MODS: Why am I seeing a different username on my NL profile? by oshozondii: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Please, I have made this silent plea to the mods by mail and have gotten no response. I am formally making it here..........

I am quite young here on NL.

I have been off NL for a while with the moniker "Elchicolo", say two or three weeks. Trying to log in some days ago, I discovered it was telling me wrong username and password.

I tried ceaselessly until I did reset the password, and it came up with my username as "oshozondii".

I am still baffled on that. I decided to ask a friend who is much older here to let me know what the problem is, he tried by sending a PM to Elchicolo, not received....sent to oshozondii and it was received.

I also do not think that Elchicolo was deactivated otherwise it would have indicated "nobody".

NB: Is the advise of not using your actual mails also important here?, because that's what I did but still need to know how safe or unsafe going forward can be.

Was the account hacked or something......

I don't understand.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: MODS: Why am I seeing a different username on my NL profile? by stanliwise(m): 10:30am On Oct 23, 2019
oshozondii:
Please, I have made this silent plea to the mods by mail and have gotten no response. I am formally making it here..........

I am quite young here on NL.

I have been off NL for a while with the moniker "Elchicolo", say two or three weeks. Trying to log in some days ago, I discovered it was telling me wrong username and password.

I tried ceaselessly until I did reset the password, and it came up with my username as "oshozondii".

I am still baffled on that. I decided to ask a friend who is much older here to let me know what the problem is, he tried by sending a PM to Elchicolo, not received....sent to oshozondii and it was received.

I also do not think that Elchicolo was deactivated otherwise it would have indicated "nobody
NB: Is the advise of not using your actual mails also important here?, because that's what I did but still need to know how safe or unsafe going forward can be.

Was the account hacked or something......

I don't understand.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Dominique
You email was simply mapped to that oshozondii account. You seem to have forgotten the email you used for Elchicolo account
Re: MODS: Why am I seeing a different username on my NL profile? by oshozondii: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
stanliwise:
You email was simply mapped to that oshozondii account. You seem to have forgotten the email you used for Elchicolo account
But the messages I send.....etc.....reflects in the same email address?

(1) (Reply)

Help With Woocommerce Rest API / Alexa Has No Record Of My Website After 3 Months; What Might Be Wrong? / Are You Looking For ICO Website And Experienced ERC20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.