Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) (19923 Views)

Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 / The Deplorable State Of Roads In Aba, Abia State (Pictures) / Enugu People Protest IPOB Attack On Ekweremadu, Warn Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Lukgaf(m): 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
Commercial drivers plying the Iseyin-Oyo road have blocked the routes. According to them, they won’t leave until the Federal Government fixes the road.

National Insight quoted the drivers as saying that they are denied access to travel from the 10 local government areas in Okeogun part of Oyo State to Oyo by what they described as the nonchalant attitude of the government. One of the commercial drivers’ Union leaders, Mr Lukman Oba, while speaking omthe incident said if the reconstruction cannot be done immediately, palliative measure should be urgently put in place by the Federal Government.

He said further “We are all tired. Nigeria government has totally neglected us in this part. Are we not Nigerians? Didn’t they come here during campaign? We are calling on them to have mercy on us. All our vehicles are damaged and we are recording casualties every day! We are all tired of exposing ourselves to danger on the road”.

It would be recalled that the lawmaker representing Oyo North Senatorial district at the upper chamber of the National Assembly Senator Abdulfatai Buhari had on the 2nd of October, 2019, forwarded to the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola demanding urgent need for reconstruction of Iseyin/Oyo Road and Igbeti/Ilorin road being major roads network for people of Oyo North.

Buhari, in the letter said “The two bridges of the roads linking the entire Oke-Ogun axis broken down, thus affecting the free movement in particular and the economic activities in general.”

“We appeal to you on these roads which house 10 local governments in my senatorial district. They are only two roads that link the entire Oke-Ogun axis of the State to the west while Igbeti /Ilorin road links the region to the north, he had said Speaking on the development, Buhari enjoined members of NURTW in Oke-Ogun and Oyo not to complicate the plights of commuters in Oyo North via their strike action but exercise patience and pray fervently for him so that very soon all his efforts on the roads shall yield the desired results.

Source: https://oyoinsight.com/photo-commercial-drivers-block-iseyin-oyo-road/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Lukgaf(m): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
More photos:

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by delpee(f): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
This is terrible!

5 Likes

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by BUSHHUNTER: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
There is a senator representing that district..

And please is there a governor in that state?

6 Likes

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Sheuns(m): 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Roads are worse down south than when compared to the northern part of the country.

iPhone 8 Factory Unlocked 64GB available for sale.
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Jonah507(m): 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
This is almost found everywhere in Nigeria

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by temitope014: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
A fast growing and career oriented financial organization is looking for a experienced Loan Officers who are prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers. The Loan Officer will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the underwriting team throughout the loan process.

Salary is very attractive.

Qualification: BSc/ HND.

Send your Cvs to magnificence2009@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by SincereBigot: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Cry to ur lawmakers
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Offpoint: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Anyone with a dating site or messaging app I fit meet old oyinbo women for dating with my real identity o... preferably 70-90 years old with old age illness that won't last more than a year or 2.

Abeg make una help me with am

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by babamadiba(m): 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Buhari!!!
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
Whaaaaat

This is more than deplorable... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by SoftP(m): 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Eyaaah
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by laurel03(m): 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Arrogant Ajimobi tried on road projects but I don't know why he neglected this road... make seyi makinde intervene sharply because its only media hyping this seyi too want to be using.

4 Likes

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by obi4eze(m): 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
angry

Nothing is working in this country.
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by airsaylongcon: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
temitope014:
A fast growing and career oriented financial organization is looking for a experienced Loan Officers who are prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers. The Loan Officer will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the underwriting team throughout the loan process.

Salary is very attractive.

Qualification: BSc/ HND.

Send your Cvs to magnificence2009@gmail.com

LO=Slave work

But I wish applicants all the best. Workkkkk fess nor dey

1 Like

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
Offpoint:
Anyone with a dating site or messaging app I fit meet old oyinbo women for dating with my real identity o... preferably 70-90 years old.
grin grin grin grin
Abeg make una help me with am
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by charleskl(m): 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
I passed dz road 2 NYSC camp den....itz nw fuckin worse....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Luckysbab: 10:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
Abeg, where is Olajumoke Oniburedi sef?

3 Likes

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Damdammy: 10:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
The road is terrible, only those that travel along that route can tell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Wealthyone: 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
They should stop the nonsense protest. The commissioner for works of the last administration is from oke-ogun while the HOS Mrs Ogunesan is from saki and lives in saki with her husband. When her daughter got married years ago, the party even held in ibadan because of bad road to oke-ogun.

So, they can protest now abi? They Neva see sumtin. Yeye

3 Likes

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Offpoint: 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
lefulefu:
grin grin grin
gringrin daddy I wan escape o, I can't stay here any further

1 Like

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by charleskl(m): 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
Lmao��
airsaylongcon:

LO=Slave work

But I wish applicants all the best. Workkkkk fess nor dey
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by Jaqenhghar: 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
Dem don dey get sense smalll small
Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by mightybishop: 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
Roads in oyo state in general are very bad. I just hope GSM will wake up from his slumber and get to work. But the man just dey visit people up and down dey snap pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by happney65: 10:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Wife travelled that road recently for her NYSC..Oyo's state camp is located at Iseyin..She made videos of the road..It was so so bad,herself and my mother in law went straight to bed when they got to the hotel they lodged overnight..

She was like dont these people have federal representatives representing them in at the Federal houses of assembly..As in our elected public office holders are so so useless and foolish..whats gonna cause them to fix that road..By the way,that is the constituency of Shina Peller and his likes..They will only come to Iseyin when they need votes..Awon Olofo

1 Like

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by olaniyiabiodun(m): 10:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Chaii

1 Like

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by bowerazzi26(m): 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
The people have sanotor and rep member representing them abi .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) by bowerazzi26(m): 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
The people have senator and rep member representing them abi .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC's Ahmad Aliyu Wins Sokoto Governorship Election (2023) / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad / Obasanjo: "Buhari’s Refusal To Sign African Trade Treaty Disappointing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.