Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 (2594 Views)

Ndi Igbo Stay Out Of Yoruba People Protest / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) / Enugu People Protest IPOB Attack On Ekweremadu, Warn Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by adamusuleiman2: 5:32am On Jan 08
Historical: Ikwerre people protest against Biafria on the street of London in 1968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hiT4T6KoBk?si=M0TZb1T5WGXoibVS

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by SmartPolician: 5:37am On Jan 08
There was no way anyone would have wanted to be a part of Biafra at the time because that decision came with weighty consequences.

For some reason, the world only remembers the genocide in Rwanda but people don't know that more Igbos died during the Biafran war than in Rwanda. Of course, nobody would have loved to sacrifice their people for this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Enugurangers: 5:38am On Jan 08
I have seen many videos, but I haven't seen this video before.

The one I saw closest was the one where some ikwerres were joyfully taking over the properties of South Easterners.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by cenaman(m): 5:39am On Jan 08
Some people will masturbate in this threa..
Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Whalis: 5:45am On Jan 08
This is why Igbos hate anything Ikwerre including Wike.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Raskimonojendor: 5:58am On Jan 08
Enugurangers:
I have seen many videos, but I haven't seen this video before.

The one I saw closest was the one where some ikwerres were joyfully taking over the properties of South Easterners.
Same here.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by kettykin: 6:00am On Jan 08
I just wished there was a way of getting the same people again and interviewing them today, how they feel about Nigeria and if they have regrets supporting one Nigeria

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by gidgiddy: 6:00am On Jan 08
adamusuleiman2:
Historical: Ikwerre people protest against Biafria on the street of London in 1968

Yoy people can be mischievous. How do you know that the people in the video are Ikwerre? I watched the video twice and didn't hear one single Ikwerre dialect. Explain to us how you that the people in the video are Ikwerre?

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by walosky(m): 6:01am On Jan 08
Misplaced priorities. They were not up to 30 in number yet all bore Igbo names .

Confused tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by gidgiddy: 6:03am On Jan 08
kettykin:
I just wished there was a way of getting the same people again and interviewing them today, how they feel about Nigeria and if they have regrets supporting one Nigeria

Exactly, they were protesting for 'one Nigeria', Ojukwu warned them they were making a mistake

Today, 'one Nigeria' has turned to be one of the biggest disaster to come out of West Africa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:05am On Jan 08
Some interesting banners they have in that video.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Thundafireseun: 6:06am On Jan 08
Yakubu Gown , OBJ all regret fighting for one Nigeria …

All those in that video would be regretting their decision if they were still alive today

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:06am On Jan 08
kettykin:
They would still prefer to remain part of the Niger Delta group of minority tribes i.e. to form their own country than be under any of the major 3.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:08am On Jan 08
Thundafireseun:
Yakubu Gown , OBJ all regret fighting for one Nigeria …

All those in that video would be regretting their decision if they were still alive today
Where is your proof of these statement?
The last time I checked, they were still both proud of Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Oxb90: 6:22am On Jan 08
ALL I KNOW IS, IGBO AMAKA.
There is no way we can change that.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Whalis: 6:31am On Jan 08
walosky:
Misplaced priorities. They were not up to 30 in number yet all bore Igbo names .

Confused tribe
E.pain U

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by opamoses1: 6:32am On Jan 08
Whalis:

E.pain U
Lol..Real painment. The guy could not even hide it.or pretend like his senior colleagues above.

I don't know why anyone would be angry at those that prefer to stay alone. Unity by force. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by TimeManager(m): 6:32am On Jan 08
Amazing, this video dispels the propaganda against the ikwerre people.
-kiss the truth!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Whalis: 6:33am On Jan 08
opamoses1:

Lol..Real.painment. The guy could not even hide it grin
They are free to be ikwerre if they so desire ikwerre identity.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by LEGALSER: 6:38am On Jan 08
adamusuleiman2:

Wait oooh, was that the Legendary Obi Wali I just saw? shocked cool shocked shocked
Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by nairalandankrah: 6:43am On Jan 08
The NIGERIA OF TODAY IS FAR HORRIBLE THAN 1968..The op either no get sense or may not be living in Nigeria currently..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Raskimonojendor: 6:59am On Jan 08
Whalis:

They are free to be ikwerre if they so desire ikwerre identity.
😂

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by fkelly(m): 7:01am On Jan 08
These are Nigerians, not Ikwerre as the post claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Raskimonojendor: 7:01am On Jan 08
LEGALSER:

Wait oooh, was that the Legendary Obi Wali I just saw? shocked cool shocked shocked
Yes. He was the one. Drumming around the 20 seconds mark.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by saddler: 7:07am On Jan 08
Seun come and see this thread.

Something is happening here
Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by JASONjnr(m): 7:14am On Jan 08
Biafra is just an Igbo agenda and they want to push other regions into their struggle so that they will now go and be using them as minority groups in their senate...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by gabbytabby: 7:25am On Jan 08
Even Ebonyi say them no want it might just be Anambra and IMO who are arch rivals

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:12am On Jan 08
wit dis multitude of Nigerians already in UK as at dat year (ikwerre alone oo!), na only God know d total number of Nigerians presently there now!

shocked

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by Biafrannuke: 8:57am On Jan 08
Ikwerre indeed. Most members of this forum don't watch videos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People Protest Against Biafria On The Street Of London In 1968 by opamoses1: 9:02am On Jan 08
MichaelSokoto:
wit dis multitude of Nigerians already in UK as at dat year (ikwerre alone oo!), na only God know d total number of Nigerians presently there now!

shocked
Nigerians have been going to the UK since the 1930s for studies. Some even earlier than that.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Tribalistic Fool / Professor Osinbajo does not have a PhD or its equivalent? / Jonathan’s Siege On South-west Fuel His Downfall In The Region-muse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.