Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance (12464 Views)

House Probe: Ishaq Oloyede Gives Reasons For Employing 300 Without Advertising / EFCC Arraigns Yahaya Bello’s Wife Rashida & Nephew Over ‘N3bn Fraud’ / Biography, Profile Of Prof. Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by opportunes: 6:48am On Oct 23, 2019
Members of the Senate and House Committees on Tertiary Education and Services yesterday commended the registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, over the remittance of N3bn to the federation account. They gave the commendation when Oloyede was making his presentation after the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, had defended the ministry’s 2020 budget estimates.

A member of the Senate Committee on Tertiary Education, Sam Egwu, commended Oloyede for repositioning the JAMB “from negativity to positivity”, testifying that when he (Egwu) was Minister of Education, Oloyede was among the top vice chancellors of universities in the country.

Similarly, Senator Tolu Odebiyi and Honourable Musbau Kolawole commended Oloyede for turning the Board around. Oloyede, while reviewing the 2019 budget performance, said the JAMB had, since 2017, stopped receiving capital and overhead allocations from the Federal Government and had taken over the total funding of its capital and overhead cost. Oloyede told the lawmakers that “a major problem of the Board is examination malpractice and the involvement of parents who actually are the perpetrators of examination malpractice.” He also stated: “The Board as usual, despite the reduction of application cost by 30% has returned N3bn to FGN this year apart from the N2bn set aside for capital development.

The Board shall aspire to make higher returns next year while making considerable improvement in the quality of its services.” Co-chairmen, Senator Ahmed Baba Kaita and Honourable Aminu Suleiman later called for a voice vote that Oloyede take a bow and leave.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lawmakers-commend-jamb-registrar-over-n3bn-remittance.html

16 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by sirqeeboi(m): 7:04am On Oct 23, 2019
Before jamb dey collect allocation and still won't remit anything now they dont and still remitted 3bn..note all jamb prices has been slashed jamb registration to printing original result to regularization to admission letter..
I remember printing original result 2500 2
00 for the scratch card written on it sef ...

They cant wait for the man to leave so as to continue their looting

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by DaudaAbu(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2019
Nice one

We shall get there

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by kehinde1588(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2019
Prof. Isiaq Oloyede is one of the few honest Nigerians we have in this country. His tenure as the V.C of Unilorin then speaks volume of him. He overhauled the system and make Unilorin what it is today.

God bless you Prof.

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by helinues: 7:39am On Oct 23, 2019
Nice one from Jamb.. Special commendations to Prof Oloyede, a rare Prof in Politics

Jamb were only remitting millions of Naira through out Pdp's reign

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by netpro(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2019
Under the administration of President Buhari and the leadership of Prof Oloyede, the corruption in JAMB has been tamed. JAMB now fund its expenditures, remit billion to Government purse and waxing stronger.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by DTC2(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by mcdon024(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by uthlaw: 7:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Money for them to share Again!

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Kendumazy(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2019
Nice one. If most sectors can be like this, funding themselves and remitting. Things will definitely get better.

I sell UK Men's shirts. Check my signature below for more details.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Blinkers: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2019
cool

Professor Oloyede is one of the few people with integrity that has served the federal government since independence.

Even Buhari doesn't come close to an inch of his integrity.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by naijadrivablog: 7:47am On Oct 23, 2019
The problem is not paying tax and generating revenue, the issue is that very few Nigerians will share the money - I mean politicians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by toprealman: 7:47am On Oct 23, 2019
Rubbish, JAMB result should be valid for 5 years ....at least.

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by nauto5: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2019
Money of the poor masses

Reduce the cost of Jamb.

Stop collecting money for Text messaging.

Is Jamb another Bbnaija show that makes money through shortcode.

Each candidate must send text Message to shortcode. #30 Per message. You keep texting until mama call you.

The goal should not be about making money for government.

6 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by iamapplord(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2019
Va
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by kjhova(m): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2019
Prof. Oloyede, another light in our anti corruption hopes in the steps of the late madam Dora Akunyili.

What's in his future, INEC Chairman, political appointment, political office, private sector board room or retirement to a quiet and peaceful life after service?

Thank you sir, for increasing the hopes of we who believe in Nigeria.

38 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 23, 2019
money that they will use and buy luxurious cars.
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 23, 2019
Why won't they remit 3bn? when they charge people twice for the same service used on their website

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2019
He's a rare gem.

One of the few people who give us hope of a better Nigeria.

Dear youth, take cue from Prof Ishaq Oloyede and his likes. Do not divert government funds and personnel to your personal, family or religious projects and institutions.

See my signature.

Edit: after writing my comment, I revisited this thread. Why? I was almost certain that one negative pessimist will come here to utter crap.

Behold! I wasn't disappointed.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, a bigoted pessimist:

GideonIdaboh:
What a shame! Is this what has become of Nigeria? I didn't know Jamb has become a revenue generating institution like FIRS. This govt of Buhari is only concerned in milking its citizens in all capacities they can. I learnt even CBN has a target to meet. No wonder the rate at which they fine commercial banks has become so alarming and the stupendous banks in return pass all these charges to their various customers. Anyone who can survive Nigeria will survive anywhere else.
Now, the real question is, what is the impact of all these monies saved and generated on the Nigerian economy? We hear everyday that so so amount in billions is saved and recovered yet we're the most impoverished nation on earth and buhari is still on a loan spree.

Who I'm I? What do I know self?

Wow, a breathtaking display of negativity. Please give her it a round of applause.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by lawrenzi(m): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2019
God bless this man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2019
What a shame! Is this what has become of Nigeria? I didn't know Jamb has become a revenue generating institution like FIRS. This govt of Buhari is only concerned in milking its citizens in all capacities they can. I learnt even CBN has a target to meet. No wonder the rate at which they fine commercial banks has become so alarming and the stupendous banks in return pass all these charges to their various customers. Anyone who can survive Nigeria will survive anywhere else.
Now, the real question is, what is the impact of all these monies saved and generated on the Nigerian economy? We hear everyday that so so amount in billions is saved and recovered yet we're the most impoverished nation on earth and buhari is still on a loan spree.

Who I'm I? What do I know self?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by RichDad1(m): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2019
Prof Oloyede is an administrator per excellence.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by marca(m): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2019
Well done sir... Nigerians needs you more # I see a better president in you#

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Thetruthshallse(m): 7:51am On Oct 23, 2019
This news is an indictment on pdp as a party. Enough said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by RichDad1(m): 7:51am On Oct 23, 2019
helinues:
Nice one from Jamb.. Special commendations to Prof Oloyede

They were not remitting anything despite collect billions as allocation for the FG yearly. All thanks to snakes. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:51am On Oct 23, 2019
iamapplord:
Va

wetin "Va" has to do with this?

abi, u dey book space? grin

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by tayebest(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2019
nauto5:
Money of the poor masses

Reduce the cost of Jamb

Stop collecting money for Text messaging.

Jamb is another Bbnaija

Each candidate must send text. #30 . You keep texting until mama call you. 30 * 30 = 900 per candidate.

The cost for JAMB form has been reduced by 50%, yet they still remit this chunk of money!

They need some kudos at least! smiley

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by fzybah(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2019
helinues:
Nice one from Jamb.. Special commendations to Prof Oloyede

Must you be political?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB: South-East Governors To Soon Meet FG Over Nnamdi Kanu / Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. / Alleged Killer Of General Shuwa Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.