Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance (12484 Views)

House Probe: Ishaq Oloyede Gives Reasons For Employing 300 Without Advertising / EFCC Arraigns Yahaya Bello’s Wife Rashida & Nephew Over ‘N3bn Fraud’ / Biography, Profile Of Prof. Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Director (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Coldie(m): 8:50am On Oct 23, 2019
nauto5:

Jamb is not financial institution. So if they remit 3b. They should reduce it by 90% . The goal is not about making money for government.
With this your thinking I wonder what project material u want to give to people.

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Eldersege(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2019
Hello, send me pictures of ur Uk shirts.
I am based in Lagos.
I prefer good check/draft shirts.
I use 17.5

Check my sisgnatute for my whatsapp number..

quote author=slimfit1 post=83385453]

What happened to Nigerian shirts or tailors?[/quote]

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2019
kehinde1588:
Prof. Isiaq Oloyede is one of the few honest Nigerians we have in this country. His tenure as the V.C of Unilorin then speaks volume of him. He overhauled the system and make Unilorin what it is today.

God bless you Prof.

Let us not forget that oba Abdul rahman laid the foundation by fight to finish with the canals within the system

But yes, professor Oloyede is one of the few honest Nigerians. If we had an Oloyede running every government parastatal, Nigeria would be in a much better place today.

Same reason Buhari put an outsider in charge of customs. Unlikely anyone who has come up through customs ranks is not one of the boys

I was discussing about the prevalence of Indians in management positions in Nigeria with a colleague. It is not so much that Indians are that much smarter than Nigerians, but they will not steal a company into bankruptcy. Nigerians do not seem to be able to manage their corruption, or set limits to it. Na to steal everything not bolted down.

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by thundafire: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2019
helinues:
Nice one from Jamb.. Special commendations to Prof Oloyede, a rare Prof in Politics

Jamb were only remitting millions of Naira through out Pdp's reign
if he can remit billions each year,how much have been embezzled try cronies
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by lenghtinny(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2019
toprealman:
Rubbish, JAMB result should be valid for 5 years ....at least.

You raised a very valid point...

Jamb and post jamb are being turned to money making conduit pipe for both the government and the university.
Many candidates that wrote jamb this year are already warming up for 2020 jamb not because they failed the exam but because after going through the stress of paying, writing and passing both the jamb and post jamb, the university admission process would still be shrouded in secrecy. You still need to know someone that knows someone in the institution if you are serious about getting in. Only minute few gets in based on their scores alone.

In 2019, universities still plays the indigene vs non indigene cards which comes first before the result. They love to call this scam "Catchment". People that falls and I heard foreigners write jamb. I began to wonder how foreigners stand a chance when some Nigerians are automatically at a big disadvantage via this indigene/non indigene dichotomy.

I think it's high time jamb abolish this first and second choice institution because it is really working against the favor of candidates. I see it more as a bragging rights than a major criterion in admission in my opinion. It stems from "first among others" Nigerian universities local champion mentality than a worthy criteria for admission.

Let's candidates apply for as much unis as possible as long as they have the merit scores and can afford the post jamb instead of relying on two unis only every year. Jamb Caps should be able manage and monitor the admission in this kind of situation.

The purpose of transparency in jamb is defeated by the shady admission process of the universities.

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by iykenex(m): 9:37am On Oct 23, 2019
What people don't understand about JAMB:
(1) change of course and institution is now perpetually open for all candidates and the price is #2500 for as many times as possible, even after PUTME, it is still limited to State and Private institutions while in previous you only have one month interval to make changes

(2) Correction of date of birth, state and L.G is #2500 which starts counting from the period of JAMB registration till after PUTME.

(3) SMS charges attached in generating JAMB profile code, sometimes it may be done several times without progress yet #30 will be deducted.

(4) original JAMB result and JAMB admission letter are now compulsory for PUTME screening and for admitted candidates unlike in those days where they are not compulsory.

(5) other services done in JAMB portals are not included

(6) There was no remita to gather the fees in single account

I think presently JAMB is exploiting her candidates, the price of these services should be reduced to #1000, I mean all services on their Portal.

The current reduction in the price of JAMB registration doesn't make any sense, They can fix the total price for registration and novel at #3500.

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2019
Buy your Farmland now

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Bluntemperor: 9:43am On Oct 23, 2019
Congratulations to Prof.Oloyede.We Nigerians should applaud good things whenever we see them.What Nigerians need is just 36-Oloyedes as Governors,36 Oloyedes in House of Representatives,36 Oloyedes as Senators and 3 Oloyedes as President,Vice President and Secretary of Federation.The rest including State Assembly Men will fall into places.The major problems of Nigeria is Corruption burden.Just imagine when the JAMB was created and how the Billions have been swallowed by snakes,lions and dangerous homosapiens!!!.Too shameful.!!Same goes to ALL the Agencies and Departments,including Securities.If any says otherwise,let them declare how much they have been receiving since inceptions and how much that has been spent and how much budget that are left over and let us plug the trend-analysis,you will be ashamed as a Nigerian on how so much have been stolen.We are very unpatriotic,selfish and wicked to ourselves.

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by adem30: 9:44am On Oct 23, 2019
GideonIdaboh:
What a shame! Is this what has become of Nigeria? I didn't know Jamb has become a revenue generating institution like FIRS. This govt of Buhari is only concerned in milking its citizens in all capacities they can. I learnt even CBN has a target to meet. No wonder the rate at which they fine commercial banks has become so alarming and the stupendous banks in return pass all these charges to their various customers. Anyone who can survive Nigeria will survive anywhere else.
Now, the real question is, what is the impact of all these monies saved and generated on the Nigerian economy? We hear everyday that so so amount in billions is saved and recovered yet we're the most impoverished nation on earth and buhari is still on a loan spree.

Who I'm I? What do I know self?

You are a shameless illiterate idiot.
This same jamb was collecting several billions from the government in past, charging applicants excess fees and still can't account for the fund.
Here we have an honest man who has stopped receiving money from Federation account, reduced applicants fees and still remit back to the federation account and you are here spewing trash. I pity the man who is intending or already put an empty brain woman like you under his roof
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by abayole: 9:50am On Oct 23, 2019
GideonIdaboh:
What a shame! Is this what has become of Nigeria? I didn't know Jamb has become a revenue generating institution like FIRS. This govt of Buhari is only concerned in milking its citizens in all capacities they can. I learnt even CBN has a target to meet. No wonder the rate at which they fine commercial banks has become so alarming and the stupendous banks in return pass all these charges to their various customers. Anyone who can survive Nigeria will survive anywhere else.
Now, the real question is, what is the impact of all these monies saved and generated on the Nigerian economy? We hear everyday that so so amount in billions is saved and recovered yet we're the most impoverished nation on earth and buhari is still on a loan spree.

Who I'm I? What do I know self?

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by MichaelUweh(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2019
I commend the man for his sincerely and high level of financial integrity, but under his supervision UTME standard have been drastically reduced to first school leaving examination where everyone passes and go ,or simply let my people go business ....
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by tayewomi(m): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2019
kehinde1588:
Prof. Isiaq Oloyede is one of the few honest Nigerians we have in this country. His tenure as the V.C of Unilorin then speaks volume of him. He overhauled the system and make Unilorin what it is today.

God bless you Prof.
the man is a blessing,he's very transparent,kudos to him

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by BlackDonald: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by ogubolokento(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2019
Lazy politicians without idea,serious minded individuals will bring while yours is to spend...
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by abdulkayus(m): 11:10am On Oct 23, 2019
freshvine:

Jamb during PDP was manual based. Contractors are hired for logistics, markers are paid, supervisors paid and others payments that involve registration and acceptance the agency deals with.

Nowadays everything is done online and the bureaucratic bottleneck had been eliminated making the agency cutting out middle men and making returns in revenue to government.

During PDP, lots of people were empowered and formed part of the value chain but not so anymore.

It seem u are ignorant about the procedures JAMB followed. During paper based examination, JAMB was not marked by marker like in waec but by the computer, a special computer called OMR machine. The current Registrar of JAMB at least should be commended, we need people like them to move forward.

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by freshvine(f): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2019
abdulkayus:

It seem u are ignorant about the procedures JAMB followed. During paper based examination, JAMB was not marked by marker like in waec but by the computer, a special computer called OMR machine. The current Registrar of JAMB at least should be commended, we need people like them to move forward.

Is that all your arguments?

Is it the computer that loads the paper to the system.

Is it the computer that pays for printing of examinations papers?

Is it the computer that provides writing materials.

Is it the computer that compute and tabulate marked scripts.

Is it the computer that organized security checks at the examinations centers?

You lack the capacity for logical arguments.
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by sirqeeboi(m): 11:39am On Oct 23, 2019
freshvine:

Is that all your arguments?

Is it the computer that loads the paper to the system.

Is it the computer that pays for printing of examinations papers?

Is it the computer that provides writing materials.

Is it the computer that compute and tabulate marked scripts.

Is it the computer that organized security checks at the examinations centers?

You lack the capacity for logical arguments.

Go and sleep
U avent been making sense..
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Xtardom(m): 11:45am On Oct 23, 2019
they kuku wont do any good with the money...
crude oil money ..zero
looted funds ..zero
remitted fundz..zero

Are they burning all this money ni..especially the returned looted funds...
You'll just be hearing billions on billions

Smh
Kudos though to this man...at least he's doing he's own job
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by freshvine(f): 11:48am On Oct 23, 2019
sirqeeboi:

Go and sleep
U avent been making sense..

Sentimental Muslim
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by icedbreez(m): 11:55am On Oct 23, 2019
Fleecing the poor and average Masses to fund the lifestyle of the rich and opulent in govt.

The cost of entrance exam in Nigeria is too high.

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Omoslim26: 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
helinues:

Must you be geographical?
Must you be sociological?
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Base1line: 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
Was it your father that generated it ?
uthlaw:
Money for them to share Again!
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Iphran6: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Money for them to share, meat don land for sharing table na

Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by toprealman: 2:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
lenghtinny:

You raised a very valid point...

Jamb and post jamb are being turned to money making conduit pipe for both the government and the university.
Many candidates that wrote jamb this year are already warming up for 2020 jamb not because they failed the exam but because after going through the stress of paying, writing and passing both the jamb and post jamb, the university admission process would still be shrouded in secrecy. You still need to know someone that knows someone in the institution if you are serious about getting in. Only minute few gets in based on their scores alone.

In 2019, universities still plays the indigene vs non indigene cards which comes first before the result. They love to call this scam "Catchment". People that falls and I heard foreigners write jamb. I began to wonder how foreigners stand a chance when some Nigerians are automatically at a big disadvantage via this indigene/non indigene dichotomy.

I think it's high time jamb abolish this first and second choice institution because it is really working against the favor of candidates. I see it more as a bragging rights than a major criterion in admission in my opinion. It stems from "first among others" Nigerian universities local champion mentality than a worthy criteria for admission.

Let's candidates apply for as much unis as possible as long as they have the merit scores and can afford the post jamb instead of relying on two unis only every year. Jamb Caps should be able manage and monitor the admission in this kind of situation.

The purpose of transparency in jamb is defeated by the shady admission process of the universities.
Our leaders are just something else.
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by SolarHub(m): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
It's well o

GRAB THIS 1KVA SOLAR POWER SYSTEM AND ENJOY MINIMUM 8 HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY... PROMO ENDS TOMORROW NOON
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Lanre0: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
Most of our professors in Nigeria are failures & thievery is their watchword both in academic & political circles. But the case of Oloyede is different. Very honest indeed. Where is even prof. Dibu Ojerinde.
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Onlyonebuhari: 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
When will they pick up that bastard criminal Dibu Ojerinde that collected billions of allocations yearly from FG and remit below N50m in all his entire service as jamb registrar? The stupid man should be hanged.....in 5 years as registrar, Oloyede has remitted over 12bn while that bastard Christian is walking freely despite snake swalloing money under his watch.
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by abiodunabe(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
Nigerian are commending another means govt are using to extort money from it citizen, Imagine this man increase Jamb Regularization Fee to 11k from 4,500 he meet it then. that year (2017) before I see the 11k, I suffer and now they are celebrating him, Money from the masses, Nigeriaaa
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Okoroawusa: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
toprealman:
Rubbish, JAMB result should be valid for 5 years ....at least.
That's not the point of this thread

No wonder you failed JAMB
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by Okoroawusa: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2019
abiodunabe:
Nigerian are commending another means govt are using to extort money from it citizen, Imagine this man increase Jamb Regularization Fee to 11k from 4,500 he meet it then. that year (2017) before I see the 11k, I suffer and now they are celebrating him, Money from the masses, Nigeriaaa
Where do you want them to get the money? from the bushes?

Oh! you want us to go to the era of snake swallowing money for the sale of scratch cards?
Re: Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance by OluchiDelly: 7:54am On Oct 24, 2019
sundson:
Buy your Farmland now

This man is a scammer. People here beware.

Pantami Threatens To Sue Daily Independent / Flush Out Lazy Soldiers - Buratai Charges Commanders / Mele Kyari: Nigeria Will Stop Importing Petroleum Products By Mid-2023

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52