Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? (804 Views)

Poll: Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends?

YES: 0% (0 votes)
NO: 0% (0 votes)
HELL NO!!!!: 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Top 10 Films To See Before You Die / Nine Films To Watch In August / Three Minute Commercial Puts Hollywood Films To Shame! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? by Jbenue: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2010
Hi
A few days ago I was out with a couple of my friends(white), we decided to head to my crib.
Upon arriving, my sister was watching a Nollywood movie, so my friends thought it would be fun to watch.
I tried to dissuade them but they were having none of it, so I sat down for the most embarrassing 2 hours of my life watching Nigerians making fool off themselves.

Is it unpatriotic to be embarrassed by they tripe that is Nollywood?
Would you show it too your foreign friends?
Re: Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? by tpia5: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2010
some foreigners like watching nollywood movies.

your mode of reference [does that make sense] is different from theirs, since they'd be watching as people from outside the culture, so i doubt you should worry about it unless they gave you an actual reason to.
Re: Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? by Emmyk(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2010
Why not? Shows u're a traitor!! But you can show hollywood movies to anybody Right?
Re: Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? by tpia5: 10:45am On Nov 11, 2010
personally, i think it's stretching things a bit far constantly comparing nollywood to hollywood when 99% of the time the only thing they have in common is the "ollywood" in both their names, but rock on.
Re: Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? by iice(f): 10:53am On Nov 11, 2010
No i wouldn't but they are welcome to watch wherever they find it.
Re: Would You Show Nollywood Films To Your Foreign Friends? by OlaRay4(m): 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2010
My Portuguese colleague said that after he watched a Nollywood movie on SKY because another Nigerian urged him to watch a movie,

He said the acting was HIDEOUS and Atrocious

(1) (Reply)

Movie Script Wanted / The Harm Nollywood And Religion Cause Nigeria / 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Final Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.