Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference (32584 Views)

Lagos BRT Buses May Withdraw Services Next Week / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) / China Launches World's Longest Electric Bus,its 3X The Size Of Lagos BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by AutoJoshNG: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
In this article, we will throw some light on some high capacity buses used for mass transit in Lagos State.

This has become necessary because of a popular misconception that the recently bought mass transit buses used in Lagos State are also BRT buses.

BRT

Bus Rapid Transit otherwise referred to as "BRT" is a mass transit system that employs dedicated lanes. The use of the dedicated lanes enables the BRT buses to avoid traffic – and by extension, ensure shorter duration of journeys.

The BRT system is also considered a lucrative venture for its operators, as return time is shorter because of the use of the dedicated lanes.

See also: 11 Things To Know About The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route (PHOTOS)

The Lagos BRT

The Lagos BRT service was inaugurated on 17 March 2008.

Currently, a private company - Primero Transport Service Limited, is the sole operator of the Lagos BRT scheme. It operates on the Ikorodu-Mile 12-CMS BRT corridor.

BRT buses are the only buses that are permitted to use the dedicated BRT lanes in the state.

The Lagos BRT buses are in diverse brands such as Ashok Leyland, Yutong. The current BRT buses are blue in colour.

In Lagos state, the BRT scheme is regulated by the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by AutoJoshNG: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
SBLS

The LBSL buses are a set of high-capacity buses that operate in Lagos metropolis. The buses are operated by the Lagos Bus Services Limited (LBSL).

The Lagos Bus Services Limited (LBSL) is a company that was set up by the Akinwumi Ambode administration.  The company was incorporated on 1 August 2016 as a transport asset acquisition, operations, and advisory services company.

President Mohammadu Buhari formally inaugurated the LBSL bus operations on April 24, 2019.

LBSL buses are strictly not permitted to use the dedicated BRT lanes in Lagos. Therefore, they are not BRT buses.

Some infrastructure were provided for the smooth operations of the LBSL buses. They include bus shelters, lay-bys, bus flags, terminals, and depots at various strategic points along the routes.

Currently, LBSL bus services are deployed using the Brazilian-built Marcopolo buses.

Note: on some of the LBSL-operated buses, the word "BRT" is emblazoned on their chassis. This does not make them BRT buses. BRT is a mass transit system, not a type of bus.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/the-difference-between-lagos-brt-and-lbsl-buses/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Share

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
Noted

I narrowly missed out on FTC. No thanks to a greedy op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by lilmarley: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
grin grin grin grin angry angry
A woman went shopping. At the cash counter, she opened her purse to pay.

The cashier noticed a TV remote in her purse.

He could not control his curiosity and asked,

"Do you always carry your TV remote with you? undecided"

She replied " No, not always, but my husband refused to accompany me shopping today because of football match, so I took the remote."

Moral: Accompany and support your wife in her hobbies..... smiley smiley

The story continues.... undecided

The cashier laughed and then returned all the items that lady had purchased.

Shocked at this act, she asked the cashier what he was doing.

He said, "your husband has blocked your credit card.........." shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

MORAL: Always respect the hobbies of your husband. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Story continues....

Wife took out her husband's credit card from purse and swiped it. Unfortunately he didn't block his own card.

Moral: Don't underestimate the power and wisdom of your WIFE..

Story continues...

After swiping, the machine indicated, 'ENTER THE PIN SENT TO YOUR MOBILE PHONE'.......

Moral: When a man tends to lose, the machine is smart enough to save him!

Story continues....

She smiled to herself and reached out for the mobile which rang in her purse.

It was her husband's phone showing the forwarded SMS.

She had taken it with the remote control so he doesn't call her during her shopping.

She bought her items and returned home happily.

Moral: Don't underestimate a desperate woman! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Story continues....

On getting home, his car was gone. angry angry angry

A note was pasted on the door

"Couldn't find the remote. Gone out with the boys to watch the premiership match. Will be home late. Call me on my phone if you need something". wink wink wink

Dawn... He left with the house key too.

Moral: Don't try to control your husband.
You will always lose
kiss kiss

238 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by thesicilian: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
I am confused as to why the government created special lanes for the privately-owned BRT buses, and these lanes cannot be used by the government-owned LBSL buses?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by praiseneo(m): 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Wetin con consine me

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Naijaarchive(m): 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
A

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by noblealuu: 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
Weldone o Op

On a lighter note, I wonder what the relevance of this knowledge would be.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by LawrenceOnline: 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Great info
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by onotiemoria(m): 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Noted

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Starboytwo(m): 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
I know say one day things go better
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by pat077: 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
If u don't know, now you know
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by kingphilip(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Goldenheart(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
cool
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by ursullalinda(f): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
Thought they are same thing....thanks OP for the info
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Gudguyz(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
That for fine!!!!

For your power Solution: Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & electronics shop.Check my profile for details.Thanks
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by realestniggah: 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
Too much advert on these buses
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by tolumizzy(m): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
Radarada
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by kalvoken(m): 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
And so did the highly overrated papa ajaxco lost to the highly underestimated Chelsea?

Life is remystereo
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by OBAGADAFFI: 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
Primero Transport Service Limited is running both LBRT and BRT .

Primero is Lagos, Lagos is Primero.

Fola Tinubu is MD

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by LZAA: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
Aj tbf them two buses run the same route and have the same colour so it's a bit confusing
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by JayPeeOham: 9:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
lilmarley:

She replied " No, not always, but my husband refused to accompany me shopping today because of football match, so I took the remote."

He said, "your husband has blocked your credit card.........." shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

MORAL: Always respect the hobbies of your husband. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Story continues....

Wife took out her husband's credit card from purse and swiped it. Unfortunately he didn't block his own card.

Story continues...

After swiping, the machine indicated, 'ENTER THE PIN SENT TO YOUR MOBILE PHONE'.......

Story continues....

She had taken it with the remote control so he doesn't call her during her shopping.

Moral: Don't underestimate a desperate woman! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Story continues....

"Couldn't find the remote. Gone out with the boys to watch the premiership match. Will be home late. Call me on my phone if you need something". wink wink wink

You will always lose
kiss kiss

I love this totally!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
heavy corruption is going on under this BRT rubbish, that is why they have been dragging feet on the train project! how can you spend billions to build train stations and abandoned them for criminals? BRT purshasing scam is more lucrative I guess!

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
realestniggah:
Too much advert on these buses
to justify the BRT scam, why lagosian will never smell the city train
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by virginchaser(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2019
I hope the present government will maintain statoscope and not try to create his own.
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2019
thesicilian:
I am confused as to why the government created special lanes for the privately-owned BRT buses, and these lanes cannot be used by the government-owned LBSL buses?

Don't mind the bunch of lunatics

2 Likes

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by DaddyMorenike: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
lilmarley:

Story continues....

Story continues...

Story continues....

Story continues....

You will always lose
kiss kiss
welldone o! But as this sermon long, how this thing take concern brt?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Topmaike007(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
Okay
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Topmaike007(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
lilmarley:

Story continues....

Story continues...

Story continues....

Story continues....

You will always lose
kiss kiss
lolz

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Gosj01(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
All in All nah still BRT!

I sell cheap and super neat laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on signature.
Re: Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference by Kendumazy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Informative. Thanks OP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Domestic Flights Won’t Resume On June 21 – FG / Allen Onyema: US Court Acquits Air Peace Boss, Fines Mayfield $4000 / Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.