Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border (36479 Views)

Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas / Traders Lament Over Low Patronage In Onitsha Market (Photo, Video) / MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by DSDLIVEREPORT: 10:32am On Oct 24, 2019
You made laugh. Good morning
Wickedtruths:

Okay, he's not an accomplice, he's an importer, exporter, forwarder and transmitter.

Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by lukui: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2019
teacher: students how many States are in Nigeria?
akpos: yes sir 37 states sir
teacher : but it's 36 that we have, where did you got one more??
akpos: sir you forgot BENIN REPUBLIC sir!!!!
grin grin
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by Viiictor10(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
isthatso:

when local producers start producing more, because they dont face competition from illegal imports, the price will come down, eat yam or beans in the mean time...you won't die!!

I concor
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by slowice(m): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
GreenArrow1:

Send me money (just kidding), I'll send Miva Rice or Mama's Pride through way-Bill from Benue links or Silver Travels to you. Lol. Local rice saturate this side wella. Don't worry, una go dey fine las las.

Seriously... How much is it over there and I don't mind you getting it for me
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by slowice(m): 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
Premiumwriter:
they've not sold a bag to anyone for a month?

Seriously?

Yes, I know cos it's my business
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by slowice(m): 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
Advancedman:

Invade their company with police and SON, TUC etc

Really..... I would need your help then
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
Ijaya123:

Of what consequence is Ftc if I may ask?

I am sympathetic to the traders suffering
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by dominusgai(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
Wickedtruths:
“In no time, I will be relocating to my village to look for alternative means of survival since the market is becoming unfavourable daily,” Conde said.

Lol

Buhari is sending smugglers and their accomplices back to the village o!

This action has singlehandedly shown a glimpse of the economic power that Nigeria wields. As far as India and Thailand, they are crying. Even the IMF can't talk nonsense again, they are confused.

Buhari no get certificate, e no go school. Yet, he is confounding Professors of Economics.
Even a broken clock us correct twice a day. And no matter how bad you are, you are destined to get one lucky shot.

One good policy he made out of the 100 bad policy is not enough to claim he confounded professors. And the IMF and World bank are actually with him on this. Intact I believe they adviced him on this
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by dominusgai(m): 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
olujastro:

It's about 20% according to World Bank figures.
Bro, it is way more than that. 80% of goods from this country is sold to Nigeria. What else do they do if not trade?
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by dominusgai(m): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

All the points you've made are valid, but a closer look at these issues will show you that border closure will only marginally address the problems with the Nigerian economy, which are actually systemic issues/problems.

What makes the Benin seaports so attractive in the first place? Why are a certain cabal of people allowed to keep our port authorities corrupt and inefficient (because of personal gain) to the point where importers prefer neighbouring seaports? Why does the Nigerian government charge 70% duty on vehicle imports when local assemblers cannot even meet 2% of local demand?

Are Nigerians meant to walk nakëd in the streets? If not, why ban textile imports when the local textile industry is dead?

We all know the answers to those questions above, but we have to keep asking ourselves because our political leaders pretend these systemic problems don't exist while they are busy executing dubious projects and enriching their own private accounts. We have to tell ourselves the truth or else the border closure will achieve nothing.

Bro, it's all about investor attractiveness. In a sane clime, these ban are supposed to make Nigerians with money invest in this industries.

The only problem is that even our rich people prefer quick money. They ought to have invested in these industries for now. we won't die, we would still buy clothes. And we would still eat.

As I said, this is one of the few decisions I actually support this government on.
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by Ijaya123: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2019
thariodamaniac:

I am sympathetic to the traders suffering

Or smugglers you mean?
Re: Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ijaya123:

Or smugglers you mean?

You believe that there are no legitimate traders suffering then that's ur business.... I am sympathetic to the traders suffering...

The rain that falls on your roof also falls on others....
The wind that blows down a roof will also cool others...
A glass is either half full or half empty depending on who looks at it....

You may see smugglers only.....

But I sympathize with genuine business men....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sugar War: Dangote Demands Sanction Against BUA / Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? / How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.