Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? (36547 Views)

Would Dangote Be This Rich In America? / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by HugeElephant(f): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
Sincere Question, "how do prople get rich?".
I want to base the question on Nigeria alone.
How do Nigerians get rich ?

I look around and all i see is just salary earners, youth into poultry farming, fisheries,
POS stand, hairdressers, carpenters, Gambling and bet, modernized TAXI drivers making use of some apps, clothe sellers and many more?
Basically, many are not even living an average life. We are living below the average.

I have been wondering, how can i escape from this "below average life" or "average life"?
i look around me and watch the TV. On the media and in songs, you hear different adoration of some Nigerians who had achieved the wealth threshold. How did they do it? i am sorry if i sound crazy!

For some of these rich people, you wonder, how was the struggle?
How were they able to build their friendship base. How were they able to survive the government's myriad taxation.
may bodies under the state government will charge you, my bodies under the federal government will charge you too.
if taxation doesn't kill your business, you go dey pray make thieves no ruin your business.

i would have asked, How do people get rich around the world, but the world is too large and answers i might get may not be applicable to the society i currently live in.
big respect to everyone that has been able to achieve wealth...

202 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by LikeAking: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
First of all you have to belong.

Secondly you have to be informed.

Thirdly you need to have talents.

And last but not the least you need to solve a problem..

Many people are making money, but they hide it..

Those ones you mentioned can't be hidden, so everyone jump on them.

But above all you have to belong first.

213 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by MindHacker9009(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
How to get Rich:

1. The Good Way: Follow the career path you have passion for and then wait and trust God Almighty directly, not through a pastor.

2. The evil way is to join and follow: https://www.nairaland.com/7779228/what-drives-politicians-embrace-occultism#124675567

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by orisa37: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
If taxation doesn't kill your business, you go dey pray make thieves no ruin your business.
In the NORTH, some criminals will deliberately put horrible NAILS on the Road to burst your tires.
Kastellas are ELRUFAI ROAD CRIMINALS.
SO JOIN THE LOOTING SPREE TO GET RICH UNTIL TINUBU BRINGS OUT HIS MAGIC WAND.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by marlow1962(m): 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tinubu is here to share the nations wealth among all citizens, it won't take time before you see below average man pulling up on gls.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by SalamRushdie: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
You are now on the right path to living the poverty trap that has held many down ...the only way to get rich is to do what the majority have refused to do and that is going the riskiest route always , the riskiest routes hold all the rewards you seek

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by slawomir: 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Double it
You got to double your huzzle son with sense

Have been on this my computer table since yesterday

Just double it son

Ain't gonna sleep..

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by KingDash09(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
Bitcoin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by tobenuel(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
This post must favor me and my family

42 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by LagBlogger(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
There are 3 ways I know;

1. Be born into a rich family or be connected to rich benefactors who can hook you up with a life changing job or contract.

2. Hustle hard, make small money, save like crazy then invest wisely. Maybe in 7 to 15 years time you'll become rich. Almost any legit biz can do it but it is not the easiest way. Good examples music, acting, business, trading crypto etc.

3. Become an evil money chaser i.e yahoo yahoo, selling drugs, scamming people for fake jobs, fake pastor, politician, runz girl or other evil runs

Modified: A poor igala woman that came to Abuja to fry Akara. She is the bread winner of her home. Has started building in her village and has bought the house she and her family live in.

It is possible to hustle and make it in Nigeria.

174 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Natbrowny: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Looting
Money Laundering
Drugs selling in guise of Club Houses
Homosexuality
Gun and weapon trafficking
Prostitution and running a ring of it
Human trafficking
Child trafficking
Armed Robbery
Generals in the army
CEO of a large business (who probably started from any of the above to create his business and becomes CEO wearing suit)
Shaded deals

110 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by GOVERNORR: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Selling fuel

6 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by beyep: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by AfroBeatDiary: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Following and this is my input.
Many Nigeria's can't work together, greed won't let them. This I've known from my experience setting up 2 companies. I'm on the third company and it has been a solo effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFVPkRW3p2E

Secondly, the system is rigged against the poor. 90% of those youth in SME's especially poultry business are working for survival, a bag of the best feed as at today cost 11k, DOC prices could go up as much as 550 naira so if you really want to make a decent living from poultry business, you must be able to generate your birds and feeds.

Becoming rich in this country is not easy so everyone is just trying to survive.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by ybalogs(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hardwork
Man no man
Destiny
Crooks(Politics, Yahoo,armes robbers,etc)
Inheritance

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by revived2: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
Find your way

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Godwin4444: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
A large percentage ( though not all) that u see as made people made it through illegit

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by stano2(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
I’m interested to know
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by beyep: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Its not easy oh, back then u will hear gather some money buy land now just survive

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by obaidan: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Plenty ways.
1. By working hard
2. By working smart,
3. By being fraudulent

The first one is the hardest route that will make you rich, but it's the one that will give you the most peace.
The second one in some cases have element of the third one.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by MrUchenna1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
BY JOINING APC. AND BE ACTIVE POLITICALLY .....................

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Tokziby: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Destiny!!!

What people attribute to destiny...

1. Dynasty (wealthy family)
2, politics
3. Entertainment and sports
4. I.T guru
5. Trading(businesses)
6. Education
7. Real estate
8. Craftsmanship

Add ur own...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by serverconnect(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Believe in God that you will make it. Then, determine your path to succeed.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Kenmatt(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
By doing legitimate and illegitimate business.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Exmilitant(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
Op, take it or leave it, behind every fortune, there is a crime - Balzac.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by stano2(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
marlow1962:
Tinubu is here to share the nations wealth among all citizens, it won't take time before you see below average man pulling up on gls.
Please if you have nothing meaningful to type, let others comment.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by YeyeGbami: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Uhmm
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by broadman20: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hmmmmm !

Very simple naa!

Go into drugs and make enough money and come and contest election in NIGERIA, then be worshipped as a king like Tinubu and Late Buruji Kashimu.

Very simple.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Nice2023(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hhhh
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by YorubaPrince: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
In a nation like Nigeria where evil thrives... angry

Drugs, cocaine etc.,...
Looting of Lagos resources
Killing Funsho Williams
Bribe ur way thru anything and everything
Thuggery
More killings
More looting
More bribery and stealing
Daylight robberry

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Jarchi(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2023

° [b]Brodaman, this road long oh but man's gat get hope.

Politics is the koko oh, know and increase your politician friend base. Start from service, you get to know many things government is planning because they no dey drop everything for the masses. Fake life is the basic for this, if them say join cult, you need to join or find one lie. You need to be able to lie, even when caught. Strategy na koko, don't believe anything until it's done. So contract and some opportunities suppose dey if you fit calcu well

Yahoo is one hotline, but you need to jazz it. Connect with the best and cash out quick, cuz friendship no dey here, them fit use you.
If you no fit do am join the content creation team. He go stress you but your yahoo network go dey help you small cuz they want status and fame which you will get if you get advertisement money and ready to do anything for content or fame. Actress, actors, artiste, comedians and the creative dey this table. Anything online go learn am oh, digital is the new way so add programming if you get brain and no go sleep for tutorials

Business oh, don't be scared, but if you can survive 5 years building loyal customers/client base, business network. You're good to go, be careful of workers and cashflow, those two no get sense, na you go dey force them to work.
Take your paid job and career as business, always find ways to collect money from people that come to your office, it could be for your company or yourself.
Make sure you dey do ajo, cooperatives, and all of them join and make judicious use of the money, cuz he easy to spend money.

Money is made by offering product or service, the larger the customers/client base, the bigger the return which is not technically profit, always find ways to increase your profit margin which is hard that's why we call it business, you don't pluck it from trees, you find strategy to collect the money from their pockets.
Ah japa japa go anywhere go hmmmm, sha find ways to collect money from people pocket, the Risker the better
°

***Jarchi***

[/font]

[/b]

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by ukaface(f): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
Seriously o
After I watch Dubai blings I come Dey wonder how people make money

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollars, Pound And Euro / Nigerian Sells N500 Groundnuts N2K In US For Auchi Woman / Dangote And Otedola Tie Indian Head Scarf (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.