Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? (1096 Views)

Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? / Php Picture Uploader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by mckain: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2010
Please is there any other file uploader apart from filezilla?
My filezilla stops at MLSD and would not upload again.
I need another uploader and where to download it from pls,
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by Cactus(m): 8:47am On Nov 11, 2010
This is a connection issue not filezilla.
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by DualCore1: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2010
Its one or all of 3 things.

1. You are on MTN or GLO's internet connection. Try another connection.
2. Your server no long supports MLSD. Try using LIST.
3. There's a problem with your server configuration.

Knock off the first point before considering the others. This doesn't look like a filezilla problem.
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2010
I guess the question is if any alternative exist to Filezilla.

I will also gladly uninstall mine. The poo gives me issues, though i use neither Glo nor MTN.

Mine uploads some and fails at others. The last site i uploaded i had to use Cpanel to finish the one's filezilla did/could not upload!

Not like the contents were lewd anyways!  undecided
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by DualCore1: 10:04am On Nov 11, 2010
Been using it for years, no issues. Although I use an old version. I dont follow up with new versions for things like that as the old one just does the job i need it for perfectly.

There are alternatives I remember trying some years back but they were no better than filezilla.

CuteFTP (I am not to sure about that name)
SmartFTP
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2010
Yap. Read on Cuteftp, when one Nland guy made me read all gibberish in the name of learning web design so many years ago. Always went to Mainland Library with my PC to read FTP, HEX Colour and many shit. Wasted my credit five times a day to ask him how i was learning.

Learning what, Theory! angry angry angry
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by DualCore1: 10:17am On Nov 11, 2010
Things we do for the passion of the code. wink
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 11, 2010
I had more than passion Dual.

Guess that was his way of saying "Dude you have to pay to learn"

Cause i later paid him to teach me, and the story changed a little. Now the billing became a regular practice.

This days when i bill my students 100k to learn PHP well enough to develop portals. The one's from Ikot Ekpene will shout, but trust the one's from VI, they just tell their popsee one cute dude want's to teach them PHP(They don't say the cute part grin)

So i teach with all my heart and soul. How i wish i had the mind to delay their graduation, cause nothing feels better than having a ajebor joke with you while seeing strange things called BUGS.

Bottomline: Money rules! Everything is commercial. And only with money comes much more money!
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by mckain: 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2010
Dual Core:

Its one or all of 3 things.

1. You are on MTN or GLO's internet connection. Try another connection.
2. Your server no long supports MLSD. Try using LIST.
3. There's a problem with your server configuration.

Please Dual Core am using MTN connection. How do i use list? cos MLSD was working before but all of sudden stopped.
And again if there is a problem with my server configuration how do i set it? pls I need an answer.
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by dinggle: 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
1. Revisit your server configuration.
2. Revisit your filezilla settings to allow for faster file upload or just give filezilla more than enough time to complete upload.
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by basking4me: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2010
i think its a speed thing. However, if u still want to leave filezilla then try SCP ftp
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by webaplanet(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
well for me i use coffecup free ftp software, i have been using filezilla which out of ignorance thouhgt was the best around, it has some short comings really, if you have tried all the other steps adviced by other people here, pls try coffecup ftp, to get a download of coffecup visit their home page, or better still use google, type coffecup into the search, you will get the stuff you want
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by hostmot(f): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2010
If you are using Firefox web browser, you can try the FireFTP firefox extension.
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by jjjkkkooo: 1:56am On Nov 21, 2010
i used to use filezilla until i met cpanel. its better.
Re: Please Is There Any Other File Uploader Apart From Filezilla? by bug24(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2010
jjjkkkooo:

i used to use filezilla until i met cpanel. its better.

Now u just made me go back and check cpanel again.lol u mean u prefer to upload ur files one by one ehn? FANTASTIC !!!

at poster, av been experiencing this MSLD stoppage issue lately on my filezilla. One thing i discovered was that its a network problem.
Most times, some websites refuse to come up while using MTN but after some weeks, the issue is somehow resolved and u can view em again. i just take this to be one of those issues.

(1) (Reply)

Please, Has Anyone Been Credited In The Ongoing Swift Referrer Promo / I Need A Blogger That Can Maintain A Tech Blog / Wordpress Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.