Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 (9010 Views)

Poll: Which team will emerge victorious?

Super Falcons of Nigeria: 100% (41 votes)
Indomitable Lionesses of Cameroun: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Was Nigeria's Best Player At The AWC (Namibia 2014)? / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by FBS: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
Good job girls!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2010
The camerounians obviously didn't come with a game plan to win but with a plan to stop the Falcons from playing by using every dirty trick in the book judging from the way they were hacking down our players. I thought Heitinga's kungfu kick at the world cup final was the height until I saw the two-legged flying kick a camerounian defender gave Oparanozie today. . .that should have been a straight red IMO. Their game plan today left me wondering "whatever happened to play your game, make I play my own?"

Coach Eucharia was spot on with her starting 11 and her substitutions were okay too. I think it was particularly smart of her to bring in Esther Sunday for Ebere Orji who was obviously not in the game cos this opened up the flanks and added pace to our game with Stella Mbachu & Sunday Esther working both sides.

All our goals were classy too. .The 1st goal was an in-swinging looping corner kick taken by Helen Ukaonu which sailed into the net untouched by anyone. . .I wonder why peeps think it was scored by Oparanozie abi dem nor see replay?.

The 2nd goal which is my favourite was sublime too. . .both in planning and execution.  A defence splitting pass was delivered by Nkwocha (I think) to Stella Mbachu who ran up to meet it, looked up momentarily to see where her team mate was and delivered an inch perfect cross to Oparanozie who leapt up and nodded into the net. I love the cross more than the goal itself. . .na wetin dem dey call tailor made, measured, calculated etc be that grin. I told someone who was watching the match with me that no one in the Eagles  crosses as well as Mbachu and nor be lie. Oparanozie's stance in the air as she nodded the ball reminded me of Victor Agali too.

The 3rd goal was a bad goal kick taken by the Camerounian keeper which landed at the feet of Nkwocha who ran into the box and placed the ball to the bottom right of the keepers net.

The 4th goal was a long looping cross which was hit on the volley by Nkwocha and it rolled into bottom right side of the goalie's net.

The 5th goal was a penalty that resulted from a Camerounian player hacking down a rampaging & goal bound Nkwocha in the 18. She picked up herself to take the penalty and tucked into the bottom right side of the goalie's net. . .at this point it was hat trick(her 2nd in this competition) to Perpetua Nkwocha and 10 goals in this AWC.

The goal we conceded was due to the goalkeeper naivety of Precious Dede. Some one needs to talk to that girl & tell her that somethings are not just done in football. One of them is that a goalkeeper shouldn't attempt to hold on to balls like that over a strikers head. . .it should be punched away instead. The goal we conceded was avoidable and the thing vex me die cos it gave the Camerounians confidence.

On a player level, I was particularly impressed by Oparanozie. . .she hussled hard and was a constant thorn in the flesh of the Cameroun defenders. Even petite Glory Iroka was very impressive today. . .as she small reach, the babe dey run things for midfield. Helen Ukaonu was simply marvelous. . .maybe she should be drafted to Super Eagles to play left back grin Rita Chikwelu though a striker in her club has done a wonderful job in her "adopted" defensive midfield position in this competition. In short everybody played well today.

All in all, it was a champagne performance by the Falcons and I dare say this is the first match they've impressed me.

Next up is Equitorial Guinea. . .but anyone who watched their match with S.A go know se wahala dey o. . .that she-man in no 8 jersey, Salimata Simpore na big big problem and Chinasa Okoro (no 15) nor dey look face. Clearly, their win in 2008 was no fluke.

On a final note, I feel sad for S.A cos the main reason they hosted this AWC was to use the home advantage to get to the final and qualify for the world cup and perhaps win the AWC. Make dem nor worry sha, world cup dey in 2015 so dem fit host the AWC in 2014 again. . .LWKMD  grin grin

Nor mind me jare. I'm happy they lost today . . .Nigeria & E.G will represent Africa best at the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by likeme(m): 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2010
Femary,
Does this page look like a telecom page?. Can't u just use ur common sense and do only one I mean just one right thing in your world. POST MESSAGES AT RIGHT SECTION
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by chelseabmw(m): 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2010
Congratulation to our girls
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2010
It's ok, Cameroon is still better tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2010
una no dey tire for football cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by SSaemoenl(m): 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2010
Up Falcons grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Tunsbobo(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
Up super falcons. Up u go girls!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by djmummy: 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2010
good game
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Shoolar(m): 11:32pm On Nov 11, 2010
Thank God we've qualify for 'women world cup' next year and i believe that we'll lift dis african cup also. Up Super Falcons!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Emmyk(m): 1:27am On Nov 12, 2010
MzDark. . ., WHY, GET ONBOARD, JOIN THE WINNING TEAM. Or u're leaving in Cameroon?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by sulad82i(m): 1:41am On Nov 12, 2010
i cant belive they even have the nerve to score one against
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Pharoh: 6:04am On Nov 12, 2010
Nigeria Vs Guinea on Sunday. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by semid4lyfe(m): 6:42am On Nov 12, 2010
Pharoh:

Nigeria Vs Guinea on Sunday.  grin

You're wrong! It's not Nigeria Vs Guinea but Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea on Sunday grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by kimtee(m): 6:50am On Nov 12, 2010
good job super falcon smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by tainot2002(m): 7:14am On Nov 12, 2010
THEY ARE REALLY AWESOME

grin shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by mrperfect(m): 8:35am On Nov 12, 2010
This is interesting when would the final be?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Goddex: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2010
@semid4lyfe
Thanks man, good analysis.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Pharoh: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2010
semid4lyfe:

You're wrong! It's not Nigeria Vs Guinea but Nigeria Vs Equitorial Guinea on Sunday grin

Na the same thing joo but let me move to that thread and make my predictions . . . . I think dem go beat us ooo. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by princekevo(m): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2010
Great Job from our Falcons. What Men can not do, women can do it better. Very soon some bad belly people will come here to tell us how over aged they are.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Ymodulus: 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2010
good 4 9ja
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by femi4: 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
Mistake from supersport:The 1st goal was scored by Helen and not Oparanozie. Supersport should do better next time
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
Emmyk:

MzDark. . ., WHY, GET ONBOARD, JOIN THE WINNING TEAM. Or u're leaving in Cameroon?

No but my boyfriend is from Cameroon so you know how that goes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zamalek Vs Enyimba :CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15th August 2016 / Sure Legit Daily 2+odds / The Best Staduim In Nigeria For Now Apart From Abuja Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.