Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss (5123 Views)

Analysis - Buhari Win Means Nigeria, Not Chad, To Lead Boko Haram Fight / Military Seize Food, Logistics Meant For Boko Haram / IBB's Government Seized Buhari's Certificates - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by na2day(m): 6:10am On Nov 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Now you are entering into MYTH LAND. There are records of Sudanese, Algerians, Moroccans and so many other nationals who went out toi fight in Afghanistan or Iraq but all the Nigerians who went, according to you, were never intercepted, nor were they even detected by anyone, not even the locals in Afghanistan or Iraq who they were fighting with because they chose not to go with their passports and are probably all dead and buried in unmarked graves? Are you kidding me? ROFLMAO!

I can comfortably tell you this  . . .  and I wait for you to prove me wrong. There are not a lot of muttalabs out there in Nigeria – Nigerians are generally not known to be that way. We are speaking of a depressed individual who felt the way he could get freedom was to sacrifice himself for his belief. He was not the classic ANGRY MUSLIM, neither was he the typical Nigerian Youth. So, I doubt you will find a lot of muttallabs out there in Nigeria, but I wish you luck in that search.

Anyways, with the way we are going in this country very soon (i pray not) we'll begin to see their new skill set!

@I can comfortably tell you this  . . .  and I wait for you to prove me wrong. There are not a lot of muttalabs out there in Nigeria – Nigerians are generally not known to be that way. We are speaking of a depressed individual who felt the way he could get freedom was to sacrifice himself for his belief. He was not the classic ANGRY MUSLIM, neither was he the typical Nigerian Youth. So, I doubt you will find a lot of muttallabs out there in Nigeria, but I wish you luck in that search.

i hope u're not like that person whose house is burning and went back to sleep  shocked  shocked  shocked
So 13 Loaded containers filled with rockets and mortars are not enough cause for alarm?
So we should just pretend that these munitions are not for non state actors, right?
Or dat, they want to melt d metals in them to make pots and pans, right? undecided
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Kobojunkie: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2010
na2day!:

i hope u're not like that person whose house is burning and went back to sleep  shocked  shocked  shocked
So 13 Loaded containers filled with rockets and mortars are not enough cause for alarm?
So we should just pretend that these munitions are not for non state actors, right?
Or dat, they want to melt d metals in them to make pots and pans, right?  undecided

Lol . . . are you suggesting we have never had that much stock in the country before this shipment. Have you ever seen any of the videos of the Niger Delta Militants at all? Do you think all those weapons (rockets, guns, machines etc) were somehow home made? Were they manufactured in Nigeria or something? Come on now!

What I am suggesting is that we do not go rushing head first into a battle that has nothing to do with us when we have deeper frying pan here at home to tackle. I will not be surprised if it turns out the containers are really on route to Israel or the Gaza strip. Neither will I be shocked if it turns out some other group of militants out there are just arming themselves. What we do not need is to run around in panic thinking the world suddenly wants to get us.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by mrdan(m): 7:22am On Nov 11, 2010
According to the press briefing 83 containers were moved from the ship to a warehouse, 13 were then moved back to the port. What of the remaining 70 containers, have they been accounted for and checked to make sure they are not also carrying arms in them.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by edoyad(m): 7:47am On Nov 11, 2010
The SSS have done a fantastic job up till this point, the stuff they've revealed is almost like they're CSI. The problem now is will they prosecute the people responsible or let the matter go just like that ?
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 11, 2010
becomrich5:

do you need sss to tell you that. nigeria would end up in a civil war. Go and check the satellite picture. there would be blood bath. You better carry your family run.  The satellite picture shows there is no way you can settle this. it would end up in blood bath.

There is nobody you would put there as president, that it would not end up in blood bath.  So you are better up breaking the country.

I say it delta state join the republic of Benin. All the nonsense going on., where micheal okonta was suddenly remove as a pre plan to the remove of delta governor is nonsense.  Look under international law. delta state would loss all the oil if they dont join benin republic.  Niger delta republic has no passport.

They would arrest all of you , who are shouting niger delta at london airport. you can go and use biafra passport travel and see , how they would gedi you for airport.

Here are books written in the 18' century about the place call agbor and the agbor people. What britian did was they wrote down historical account of places in Nigeria. So your sudden land cease does not hold water in international court. You cant immigrate to a place, where others are already living there and you say, you want to make claim to someone else land. They dont do it in international land.

There are igbos who are immigrate to lagos, it does not mean they own the land.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=agbor+people&hl=en&tbs=bks:1&ei=cC7bTKXfBsaUnAfHw-UW&start=60&sa=N

you people are setting nigeria up for civil war. we are talking of human life here. Can some people drop thier self. And know you are in trouble. You are about to start a civil war.

Now explain to me and the whole world. How is it possible that the Uhrobo people who are from benin  can travel 100 kilometer are from benin. But the closet city to benin city Agbor which is just 50 km is not from benin. But you claim from igboland. That is not possible. History says you are telling lies.  Even ishan people are from benin . It is 70 kilometer from Benin , but you are claiming the city just 50 km is from igbo, which is 70 kilometer from agbor.

Dont forget , there was no bridge at Onitsha before the white man came.  no explain to me your thoery. You forgot britian people kept very good record. Check that google books. you would find true account of agbor town.  make una give this north people share, make them make us comot. they can kep the name nigeria. that name don bad already.
Rotfl @ you better carry your family and run
Actually few times you dey make sense but you are on the wrong thread.Anyways,Benin was a great and powerful kingdom in the pre-colonial days and there are every possible means that Agbor was a vassal state under the kingdom.what we have these days are distorted information linking Agbor to ibo !
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by rhymz(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2010
Na2day,
O boy you get plenty time for your hand wey you dey answer dis Kobojunk, is not obvious to you that the lady is only out to talk about one thing? Whine and bemoan how our politicians are bad, the leaders are insincere, everything the govt says is a lie and is questionable, the old bullcrap that everyone that knows her modus operandi is used to.
From insinuating that the SSS initially lied about the destination of the consignment to making an obviously dumb and clueless response to Ur Ghadafi and Ahmedinjad comparisons to talking shyt about how the violence in North has no inkling to religious fundamentalism-an obviously very dumb and clueless observation- All these are enough pointers to show that you are arguing with a person that has little or no idea of what she is talking about. Kobo is just an idealist that loves unneccessary arguements, yeah she is articulate but obviously clueless and naive especially when the issue is about Nigeria. The lady just loves splitting hair unneccessarily, free her abeg!
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by jamace(m): 8:39am On Nov 11, 2010
The SSS have done a fantastic job up till this point, the stuff they've revealed is almost like they're CSI. The problem now is will they prosecute the people responsible or let the matter go just like that ?

This is the million dollar question.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by fASHiam(m): 8:47am On Nov 11, 2010
Now this news is scary, an impending war might just be on the cards here.

For more information on the new Nokia nokia N8 plus best reviews of other Nokia and Blackberry phones; follow the below link
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by KIDIKENYI: 8:48am On Nov 11, 2010
You are confusing us to kill us with English right?
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by johndoe200: 9:11am On Nov 11, 2010
KIDI KENYI:

You are confusing us to kill us with English right?

??
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2010
becomrich5:

do you need sss to tell you that. nigeria would end up in a civil war. Go and check the satellite picture. there would be blood bath. You better carry your family run.  The satellite picture shows there is no way you can settle this. it would end up in blood bath.

There is nobody you would put there as president, that it would not end up in blood bath.  So you are better up breaking the country.

I say it delta state join the republic of Benin. All the nonsense going on., where micheal okonta was suddenly remove as a pre plan to the remove of delta governor is nonsense.  Look under international law. delta state would loss all the oil if they dont join benin republic.  Niger delta republic has no passport.

They would arrest all of you , who are shouting niger delta at london airport. you can go and use biafra passport travel and see , how they would gedi you for airport.

Here are books written in the 18' century about the place call agbor and the agbor people. What britian did was they wrote down historical account of places in Nigeria. So your sudden land cease does not hold water in international court. You cant immigrate to a place, where others are already living there and you say, you want to make claim to someone else land. They dont do it in international land.

There are igbos who are immigrate to lagos, it does not mean they own the land.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=agbor+people&hl=en&tbs=bks:1&ei=cC7bTKXfBsaUnAfHw-UW&start=60&sa=N

you people are setting nigeria up for civil war. we are talking of human life here. Can some people drop thier self. And know you are in trouble. You are about to start a civil war.

Now explain to me and the whole world. How is it possible that the Uhrobo people who are from benin  can travel 100 kilometer are from benin. But the closet city to benin city Agbor which is just 50 km is not from benin. But you claim from igboland. That is not possible. History says you are telling lies.  Even ishan people are from benin . It is 70 kilometer from Benin , but you are claiming the city just 50 km is from igbo, which is 70 kilometer from agbor.

Dont forget , there was no bridge at Onitsha before the white man came.  no explain to me your thoery. You forgot britian people kept very good record. Check that google books. you would find true account of agbor town.  make una give this north people share, make them make us comot. they can kep the name nigeria. that name don bad already.
, LOL is dis d best dat culd come out of u afta readin d google bull.shi.t book??my friend u r a big JOKE and stop sayin sumtin u dn't knw ok.instead u shuld go back to GST101 class,your grammar is nt convincin enough.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by na2day(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2010
@ becomerich
shocked shocked shocked ARE U FROM BENIN REPUBLIC?
How much is Yayi Boni paying u to entice us to join him? grin
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by bisiaet: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2010
The real question is why Nigeria? Why?

God bless you

The pathetic question is still "WHY & WHY FELLOW NIGERIANS" It does not matter it was to go Palestine or Isreal or whatever. Why foods, industrial machines, clothes & medicine did not miss their way to Nigeria but arms missed its way to Nigeria? The truth is the cargo was meant for Nigeria full stop.

See what Okah is doing are these people not a true b a s t a r d s he is now a prof. of bomb making he made it, planted it and flew out to go and sleep and drink wine in another man's land then unleash terror and pain on his people this is so disheartening and he is fighting for his people isn'it?
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by babaowo: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmm 2012 and naija may God have mercy
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2010
mrdan:

According to the press briefing 83 containers were moved from the ship to a warehouse, 13 were then moved back to the port. What of the remaining 70 containers, have they been accounted for and checked to make sure they are not also carrying arms in them.

We are yet to get any real details still on the containers. Wonder if we will before the end of the year or before the remaining 13 disappears into thin air.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by seanet02: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2010
Iku deooooooooooo
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by na2day(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
seanet02:

Iku deooooooooooo

Laugh Wan Kill Me Die ooooo!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by andyanders: 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2010
HENRY OKAH NEED NOT TO MAKE NOISE TO CLAIM INNOCENCE, RATHER ACCEPT THAT HE ACTUALLY KILLED. MS OGAH OF SSS, YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD TRAIN HER MORE. SEND HER TO USA AND ISREAL FOR MORE TRAINING. I LOVE THE WAY SHE PRESENTS HER COMMENTS AND ANSWERS QUESTIONS. SHE IS A VERY INTERLIGENT OFFICER. GOD BLESS YOU MS OGAH.

OKAH, SHOULD BE GIVEN LIFE SENTENCE OR DEATH PENALTY BECAUSE HE HAS TAKEN LIVES
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by ifele(m): 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
Nigeria ti finish
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by jason12345: 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2010
i am really scared for nigeria now ooo!!! shocked
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by ifele(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2010
The name of nigeria is tarnished.

Oruko nigeria ti baje.

There is no salvation for nigeria

Ko si igbala fun nigeria
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 12, 2010
What will become of Nigeria in no distant time,since nobody is hardly held responsible for anything in this country. I expected the federal goverment to take a stand on this issue,but it seems our goverment are so scared to even let her feelings knwn to countries that do nt only treating our existence as a nation but also maltreat our nationals both whitin and outside Nigeria. I hope the issue wount die a natural death as is the culture here while we await another braking news.its realy sad with the way things are going in Nigeria and our goverment seems overwhemd. Whats the content of our foriegn policy? I rly want 2knw.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by rhymz(m): 8:21am On Nov 12, 2010
By NAIWU OSAHON
The Arab world desperately
wants Nigeria dead or under
their firm control. In June 2010,
Gadhafi announced in Libya
that Nigeria should split into
several countries or at least on
religious basis of Islam versus
Christians or North versus
South.
If this failed, the Arabs want a
Somali or Sudan situation in
Nigeria, preferring the Somali
scenario if they cannot control
Nigeria because as they claim,
Nigeria is too large. What they
mean by too large is that
Nigerian influence in Africa is
creating a clog in their efforts at
Arabizing all of Africa.
The arrow head of the Arab
world ’s Arabization policy in
Africa is Gadhafi who after
forcibly annexing the Auzon
Strip from Chad, sponsored
destabilization in Liberia, Sierra
Leone, Uganda, Mali, Cote d ’
Ivoire, Niger, etc in pursuance
of the Arabization of Africa
policy, laced with inordinate
imperial personal ambition. In
1998, his strategy got a fillip
with the founding of his
community of Sahel-Savannah
States (CEN – SAD) which he
was hoping to use to control the
envisaged African Union (AU.)
The CEN – SAD, at the moment,
ropes in 25 African states from
West, East, and Central Africa,
and includes Senegal, Cote
d ’Ivore, Chad, Sudan, Somalia,
Comoro Islands etc. Most of
these unsuspecting African
countries were stable until they
joined CEN – SAD.
Nigeria refused to join CEN-SAD
so the Arabs used jihadist
President Babangida to
smuggle Nigeria into the full
membership of the
Organization of Islamic
countries (OIC). Nigeria is not
an Islamic country, if anything
she is circular by her
constitutional provisions but
Nigeria remains a member of
the OIC even now and becomes
active in it when a Northern
President is in power. On 9
May, 1997, in flagrant defiance
of a UN embargo on flights in
and out of Libya, Col. Gadhafi
invaded Nigeria with his planes
carrying 1,000 members of his
rag-tag army, plus 500
journalists. They strategically
occupied the Kano airport and
his other reception facilities,
with the connivance of his
Nigerian Muslim dictator host.
The purpose was to launch a
jihad in supposedly religiously
secular Nigeria, or at least
precipitate a serious schism
between the predominantly
Moslem north of the country
and the Christian and animist
south. Nigeria proved too
sophisticated to be so cheaply
destabilized so Gadhafi settled
for an accommodation to come
to the aid of Abacha who was
ready to plunge Nigeria into
chaos at the time to become
President for life in the mould
of President Nassir of Egypt.
The deal was finally sealed
during Abacha’s overnight
strategizing meeting with
Gadhafi in Chad just before
Abacha died mysteriously in
office frolicking with Arab
prostitutes.
With Nigeria returning to the
semblance of civilian leadership
in 1999, the Arab world decided
to use ‘Sharia’ to dismember
Nigeria. Pakistan, Libya and
Saudi Arabia, to name a few
countries, pumped substantial
funds into Zamfara, the first of
Nigeria ’s Sharia states, to start
the process of Islamizing, (or at
least to trigger mayhem and
civil war) in Nigeria as in the
Sudan. There have been a
series of skirmishes since then
in the guise of Islamic
fundamentalists such as the
Boko Haram gangs or imported
jihadists from the neighbouring
countries of Niger and Chad,
sacking whole Nigerian villages
at night or burning down police
stations and killing law
enforcement officers in broad
day light.
By the time Iran was ready,
after some quick negotiations,
to smuggle 13 container loads
of war arsenals into Nigeria,
including rockets and rocket
launchers, Nigeria ’s sick
President Yar’Adua was already
brain dead in a Saudi hospital as
guest of the Saudi monarch.
Saudi Arabia connived with the
family of Yar ’dua and the
leadership of the Nigerian army
at the time, a General of
Northern Nigerian stock, to
smuggle Yar ’Adua back into
Nigeria like a thief in the night.
The Nigerian security system
was severely breached and
troops were moved from the
North to secure strategic
locations at the nation ’s capital
Abuja, including the seat of
power, for the clandestine
incidence. In the morning, they
ransacked the Acting
President ’s office to intimidate
him and tried to stage a coup
by laying in wait for the Acting
President, Goodluck Jonathan,
to occupy the President ’s seat
so as to be arrested by them
for usurping the seat of the
President who had returned in
the night to the country. The
Iranian cargo of death was
already on its way to Nigeria
and would have come in handy
at the time but for the patience
and security astuteness of the
Acting President Jonathan.
Yar’Adua’s body finally gave
way in May 2010 so the wife
could no longer continue her
puppet master public display of
padding and propping-up the
dummy president to the
applause of some two-for-a-
kobo prostitute religious
leaders. President Jonathan
sacked ministers supporting
Yar ’Adua’s wife’s intrigues in
government and that led to the
immediate exposure and
detention of the arms cache at
the Apapa ports in June 2010.
The head of Customs was
Yar ’Adua’s wife’s family
member so proper
documentation procedure was
breached as there was no form
‘ M’ and other compulsory
documents required for all
importations. The grossly
improper and inadequate
shipment document used for
the deadly cargo, with the
cooperation of the Iranian
Embassy in Nigeria to facilitate
quick diplomatic clearance,
claimed that the cargo
contained building materials.
An Iranian, Sheikh Ali Abbas
Othman Hassan, with home in
Abuja, and appearing to use his
cleric suit as cover for terrorist
activities in Nigeria, has been
fingered and detained as a
principal suspect for the
importation of the cargo of
death. Two other Iranian fronts
behind the importation, Mr.
Azini Agajany and Mr. Sayeed
Akbar Tahmaesebi, are at the
time of this report hiding in the
Iranian embassy in Lagos. For
damage control measures and
to distract the Nigerian Security
Agencies, Iran ’s Secret Agency
hoax-leaked to Israeli Security
that the arms were heading for
Gaza. Israel bought the idea
due to her morbid fear of Iran,
and inspired the insinuation in
the Nigerian Security circles,
that the cargo could be en-
route to Israel. That is because
Israel was unaware of the Arab
world ’s diabolical designs for
and track record in Nigeria and
Africa. Nigeria is not so close an
ally of Israel that Israel would
turn a blind eye to the
shipment of huge illegal arms
from Nigeria that does not
produce arms. The
consignment was being cleared
here and illegally too, to use it
to facilitate a jihad in Africa ’s
most populous and influential
country, Nigeria, and Iran ’s
government is culpable.
Due to security scare, President
Jonathan could not fly out as
scheduled, to attend the UN
General Assembly meeting in
late September, 2010, until he
reshuffled the military
hierarchy and accepted or
sacked his security adviser, Gen.
Gusau, an IBB nurtured errand
boy, standing as proxy
candidate for the do-or-Nigeria
die IBB presidency in 2011.
Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida,
(IBB), the jihadists former
dictator-President of Nigeria
and his cohorts have vowed to
prevent Goodluck Jonathan
from completing the two terms
he won with his leader,
President Yar ’Adua, on the
pretence of defending
rotational Presidency that re-
cycles rogues and largely
illiterate leaders bereft of
leadership ideas. The rogues
recruited AIT, a popular
Television station strapped
desperately for funds, to fight
their cause for them. There is
the allegation that the Abuja
bomb blast on the 50th
anniversary of Nigeria ’s
independence was an attempt
to make Nigeria look insecure
and a failed state in the eyes of
the rest of the world.
The truth, however, is that the
North has never given Nigeria
good leaders. The North has
always foisted on Nigeria bad
leaders who are either stealing
Nigeria dry in office or too sick
to govern. After fifty years of
failed leadership produced
mainly by the North: Gowon,
Shagari, Buhari, Babangida,
Abacha, Atiku, Yar ’Adua, Nigeria
urgently needs a breather from
the crooked, dim and spent
mob that over the period,
collectively and systematically
brought Nigeria down to her
knees, destroyed our hopes,
and turned our prospects as a
people into painful despair. I do
not think the North is short of
quality materials. After all,
while the South gave us Awo
and Zik, the North produced
leaders in the mold of the
Sarduana and Murtala
Muhammad. So why are
characters like Babangida,
Buhari, Atiku still fronting for
the North now that Nigeria has
reached the edge of the grave
the Northern leaders dug for
her? Does the North so
desperately want Nigeria to
die?
All that Babangida has to show
for his over eight years in
power in Nigeria, is private
colossal wealth, and the
edification of corruption in our
body politics. The book, The
Sink, by Jeffrey Robinson, an
American writer, says it all
about Babangida. “Of the $120
billion siphoned out of the
Nigerian treasury into offshore
accounts by dishonest
politicians, $20 billion is
allegedly traceable to IBB
directly as president from 1985
to 1993.” The Wolfsberg
Principles, an initiative of 11
banks and institutions across
the world to fight serious
international financial crimes,
traced another $3 billion of our
stolen money to Babangida ’s
accounts abroad, and $4.3
billion to Abacha ’s. The World
Bank and other international
sources of information allege
that his total loot from the
Nigerian treasury is over $35
billion. Now he is threatening to
use a fraction of that money to
return to power and a figure of
N400 billion has been
mentioned by his cronies as his
campaign chest.
The Gulf war oil windfall is
Babangida ’s often-referenced
loot. Abacha set up a panel
headed by the highly respected
economist, Pius Okigbo, in
October, 1994, to reorganize
the CBN. Okigbo ’s panel
discovered that $12.2 billion of
the $12.4 billion accruable from
the Gulf War excess crude oil
sales was frittered away or
unaccounted for, through
nebulous or phantom projects
that could not be traced. Only $
206 million was left in the
account. According to Okigbo,
“ disbursements were
clandestinely undertaken while
the country was openly reeling
with crushing external debt
overhead. These represent, no
matter the initial justification for
creating the account, a gross
abuse of public trust. ”
John Fashanu, in a private
investigation published in
African Confidential early in
Obasanjo ’s current regime,
discovered an alleged $6 billion
debt buy-back scam by IBB
between 1988 and 1993.
Another $14.4 billion
disappeared into off shore
accounts as currency
stabilization and debt buy-back
scheme that actually cost $2.5
billion. One of the front-
companies used, Growth
Management, based in London,
bought the debt for 10 cents
per dollar and resold to the
government at 45 cents to
steal 35 cents per dollar.
Fashanu was trying to recover
about $17 billion for the
Nigerian government only for
the CBN to say they had no
records of the deals. The
records are out there abroad
but cleaned out at home to
conceal the (theft) deals.
Babangida was ruthless in the
way he amassed his colossal
wealth. First is the illegal self-
allocation of free oil, sold on the
spot market. Then he initiated
the corrupt culture of
maintaining a huge monthly
security vote virtually as
personal pocket money. Rather
than repair our refineries, let
alone to work at maximum
capacity, IBB built private
refineries in Cote d’Ivoire and
the Republic of Benin, where he
took our crude to refine and sell
back to us as fuel.
Luscious contracts for the
construction of Abuja were
awarded to front-companies of
his and his cronies, including
Julius Berger and Arab
Contractors that between them
virtually single-handedly
handled the construction of the
new Federal Capital. The
security danger of foreign
companies solely constructing a
country ’s capital and having
access to its structural secrets,
including possible Presidential
underground escape routes and
military arsenal volts, is mind
boggling to say the least, but
that is an issue for another
day.
Although Babangida used
mostly fictitious names for his
numerous accounts abroad,
EFCC could zero in on some of
the accounts by following up on
the dusts raised early in 2003
over the financing of his
GLOBACOM. Documents on the
loan supposed to have been
granted on 9 February, 2001,
were dated 28 August, 2006.
The original ‘loan’ letter has not
been presented. Apparently,
Paribas Bank, based in Paris,
was managing a slush fund
from which investments in
excess of US$400 million was
made to buy into Alcatel
(Globacom’s technical partners),
Bouygues Telecoms, Peugeot
and Total finaelf.
Alcatel and Parabel National of
France were worried at the
time that their invoices for the
telecom project were being
inflated to launder funds by the
supposed private owners of the
sources of funds and that
private cheques were being
issued to finance the staggering
project without recourse to
borrowing from banks. They
suspected illegal laundering of
funds and threatened to
withdraw collaboration on the
project while alerting Interpol to
investigate the sources of the
private cheques being issued to
finance the project. IBB could
not participate in Obasanjo’s
2003, inauguration ceremonies,
because he was allegedly out
of the country sorting out the
Interpol queries on the Alcatel ’s
slush account alert, at the time.
Even now, the telecoms ’
financing details through
Siemens etc, could be
investigated by the EFCC tracing
ghost cheques to issuing private
sources of funds and their local
and international banks to
unravel possible laundering of
funds.
There is this strong allegation
among the rank and file of the
armed forces, and members of
the defense correspondence of
our newspapers attached to the
seat of power, that Babangida
arranged, in the last couple of
weeks before leaving office, for
several armoured vehicle loads
of newly printed naira notes to
be delivered daily to his new
Minna palatial abode obviously
with the connivance of Abacha,
perhaps as his mentor ’s
retirement benefit. Abacha and
Babangida had several serious
financial problems with Abiola
but one of them takes the
cake. It was over some foreign
war booty amounting to US$
215m. It is alleged that
Babangida had asked Abiola to
help launder it when Babangida
was in office but Abiola was not
interested.
Babangida allegedly side-
stepped Abiola and eventually
prevailed upon a member of
Abiola ’s family in the custom of
family friendship, to rescue the
situation. Then the person
suddenly died. It is further
alleged that Abiola was asked
to return the money and he
truthfully and honestly said he
knew nothing about it and
even if there was such a thing,
he had no authority over the
matter. Then he was asked to
pressurize the children of the
deceased to play ball. Abiola
refused, arguing that he had no
legal or moral right to do so.
The kids of the deceased
wanted Abiola released but
Abiola was too principled to
succumb to blackmail so the
powers that be decided early
after his arrest, that he would
die in detention for declaring
himself president.
Perhaps you would want to join
me to play the prude
accountant, generous with
figures. Let ’s pretend that
Babangida was a General
throughout his service years in
the Nigerian army. Again let ’s
assume he spent 30 years in
the army and was paid
N100,000 monthly (actually,
salaries of Generals were less
than N10,000 a month until
recently) and he saved every
kobo of his salary. He would be
worth about N35,000,000 plus
interest in the bank today. But
Babangida ’s 50 bedroom
palatial abode in Minna is
alleged to be conservatively
worth billions of naira and he
does not owe any bank on it.
The largest, most prestigious
housing estate in Alexandra,
Egypt’s leading holiday resort
town, is alleged to belong to
Babangida. Even Egyptians
cannot afford his rent, which is
alleged to be in dollars. All his
tenants are rich foreigners and
the staff of multi-national
companies operating in
Alexandra. The estate is alleged
to have its own airport, which
Babangida uses when he visits
in his private jet.
Babangida is alleged to own
several other housing estates
around the world, including
houses on Bishop Avenue in
London. He uses his London
houses, it is alleged, as guest
houses or gifts for people on his
compromise list. He is
considered generous with gifts
of cars with their boots stuffed
with naira notes when he wants
some jobs done.
In the area of managing the
national economy, Babangida
bestowed his adroitness and
moral degeneracy. His
economy was dominated by
male-wives, particularly in the
banking and oil sectors.
Women often brag about the
efficacy of ‘bottom’ power.
Feminine men sometimes
flaunt it too as their passport to
economic liberation. Between
them and the suddenly very
lucrative 419 business of the
time, industry was complete.
IBB’s chiefs, allegedly colluded
with 419 criminals to create the
over-night semi-illiterate
money-bags without class or
shame, (including the 150
members of the National
Assembly, that in 2005 sent IBB
a birthday card), and who
together now form the bulk of
his supporters and campaigners,
to return him to power.
Babangida (sapped) or totally
wiped the middle class out of
existence with the destruction
of the naira, which he did by
fiat in 1985, when he down
graded the naira exchange rate
from about N2 to N18 to the
dollar. By the time he was
forced out of office in 1993, the
naira was exchanging at N60 to
the dollar. Society was reduced
to two social classes of either
the very poor or the rich
rogues. Babangida should be
heading for Kirikiri not Aso Rock
because the fight against
corruption is a sham otherwise.
Shagari’s regime (1979-1983),
incurred Buhari’s wrath when it
decided to investigate the US$
2.8 billion that disappeared
from the Midland Bank, London
account of the Nigerian National
Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC),
during General Obasanjo ’s era
as military head of state that
preceded Shagari ’s. Dr. Olusola
Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the
majority party leader of the
Senate at the time and he
headed the Senate Committee
set up to trace the stolen
money after some three years
of clamour for such an
investigation by members of
the civil society. The money
was traced to the Midland Bank
London branch fixed account of
Buhari, Obasanjo ’s appointee as
military head of the Nigerian
National Petroleum Company.
The Committee ’s report was
presented to the Senate during
the tail end of Shagari ’s regime
in 1983, so the House decided
to deal with the matter soon
after the 1983 general
elections.
The attempt at civilian-to-
civilian transition provided the
fillip for mayhem at the time.
The elections were marred by
massive rigging because
incumbent political office
holders were refusing to
slacken their stranglehold on
Nigeria Plc., mortgaged as the
leaders private property. On
the 31st December, 1983,
Buhari struck under the cover
of the political commotion that
trailed the presidential election
results. Buhari generally had no
agenda for leadership but
vendetta against those he
called critics and rabble-rousers.
Buhari did not see any moral
wrong in his conversion of our
oil money into his personal use.
Rather he railed at the press
and what he described as the
self-righteous sections of the
country for making a big deal
out of the issue. He locked up
without trial, politicians and
critics including Fela Anikulapo-
Kuti, notorious for clamouring
for the exposure of the oil
money rogue. Satire saved my
neck at the time. Vera Ifudu,
who was an NTA reporter then,
was sacked through his
prodding as military ruler, for
reporting what Dr. Olusola
Saraki had told her in an
interview about how the
missing money was traced to
Buhari ’s account at a Midland
Bank London branch. Vera
eventually won her case of
wrongful dismissal in court
against the NTA and was
financially compensated.
Abacha rehabilitated Buhari
with the chairmanship of the
Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF)
before he (Abacha) died in
1998. When Obasanjo returned
to power in May 1999 as
civilian president, he found that
over 2.5 billion naira had not
been properly accounted for in
the PTF and that there was not
much on the ground to show
for the colossal expenditure the
agency was claiming. On the
day Obasanjo announced the
scrapping of the PTF, a non-
staff brother-in-law of the boss,
allegedly serving as his conduit
on some PTF projects, died
suddenly from what appeared
to be heart failure. Haruna
Adamu, who was appointed by
Obasanjo to investigate the PTF
before finally consigning it to
the dung heap, allegedly
quickly pocketed one hundred
million naira of PTF ’s money
before operating table could be
set up for him, thus forcing
Obasanjo to hurriedly close the
place down without further
investigations. Buhari has been
trying desperately since to
return to power, perhaps to get
a chance to shred the PTF
documents?
The accusation in 1999/2000
that the president ’s deputy,
Atiku Abubakar, privatized
Nigeria Incorporated to himself
was not investigated because
Obasanjo ’s third term ambition
was not strong at the time.
Atiku denied ownership of
African Petroleum (AP), which in
the end turned out to be a
bobby trap, laced with huge
hidden debt, and was re-
acquired by the government
through the NNPC. However,
Atiku was seen as a product of
the Nigerian corrupt system.
He retired as a boss of the
Customs several years ago, an
agency of government that
reeks with corruption. There
were some spats over contracts
for the communications garget
for the 8th All African Games in
2003, in Abuja, and the issue of
bunkering crookedness, and
illegal rents collected on crude
oil lifting, which Obasanjo
largely scuttled in the heat of
his tenure elongation project in
March 2006.
In August 2005, and early 2006,
we heard of US security
operatives raiding Atiku ’s home
in Washington, USA, over
allegation of involvement with
Mr. William Jefferson, a
member of the US Congress, in
a US $500,000 bribe over a
telecommunications deal in
Nigeria. Jefferson was alleged
to have said that he needed to
give the $500,000 to Atiku, to
help secure Nigeria ’s adoption
of Internet technology from the
USA based iGate Inc. In mid
May 2006, the FBI claimed in a
US court to have found marked
US $90,000, of US $100,000
bribe money, collected from a
business partner for Atiku,
concealed in a freezer in the
office of Mr. Jefferson. Mr.
Jefferson who at the time was
claiming to have been duped
by some Nigerians, had, in fact,
collected $6.5 million from one
Otumba Oyewole Fasawe, the
Nigerian behind the Netlink
Digital Television (NDTV) private
business that Jefferson was
contracted to supply with
technology and failed.
Jefferson had with great
difficulty, and after a lot of
pressure, managed to refund
only $1.7 million of the $6.5
million he had received, at the
time he was screaming foul-
play against his crooked
Nigerian partners he swindled.
Mr. Vernon Jackson, Jefferson ’s
agent on the NDTV scam, was
jailed in the USA in September
2006, for seven years over the
deal. William Jefferson himself
was jailed in 2009 in the USA
over the scam.
The Petroleum Development
Trust Fund (PDTF), under the
supervision of Vice President
Atiku, had apparently been
used to finance the NDTV
business and some Globacom
debts. On May 31, 2006, the US
government, in reaction to
public speculation in Nigeria,
denied having cleared Atiku of
involvement in the NDTV
fraud. Early in June 2006, Atiku
was again alleged in a US court,
where further hearing was
continuing, to have been
involved in the bribery scandal.
In mid July 2006, the EFCC went
to a bank and collected
statements on Atiku’s current
accounts.
On Thursday 7th September
2006, the Senate President read
in the Nigerian Senate, a letter
from President Obasanjo
accompanying some
documentary evidence, alleging
conspiracy, fraudulent
conversion of funds, corrupt
practices, and money
laundering, against the Vice
President. The submission,
which was for the information
of the Upper House, claimed
that the President, acting on
information received from the
USA government, set up an
administrative panel to
investigate the allegations
against Vice President Atiku.
The report of the panel, along
with the findings of the EFCC,
claimed that the Vice President
utilized for private purposes,
funds put in a fixed deposit
account for the Petroleum
Development Trust Fund (PDTF)
, a department of government
under his care. In essence, the
Vice President was acting as
money lender with
government money for
personal profit. US$10 million of
the US$125 million fund was
clearly used as collateral in
support of a loan of N1.2 billion
granted to Otumba Oyewole
Fasawe by the Trans
International bank in Lagos.
The financial gain made by the
Vice President from Fasawe
over the loan was paid into
Atiku ’s Campaign Organization
account with Bank PHB. Umar
Pariya, Atiku ’s aide, acted as
the go between on the
transaction. The balance of US$
115m of the PDTF money was
transferred in April 2003, for
reasons unconnected to PDTF
activities, to Equatorial Trust
Bank belonging to Dr. Mike
Adenuga, the Vice president’s
friend and Chairman of
Globacom. The fund ’s transfer,
like the US$10 million
withdrawn from it earlier, was
done without the required
recourse to the Federal
Executive Council (FEC).
Argument by the Vice President
that the US$115m was put in
Adenuga ’s bank eight months
after Globacom’s operating
license was paid for or that no
money was lost, does not alter
the fact that the fund was
moved without FEC ’s awareness
and for purposes unrelated to
PDTF projects, including possible
attempt to cushion Globacom
over an urgent business deal or
external debt repayment
pressures for personal profit.
The Vice president’s defense at
the time sounded like: “I am
guilty but I shared my illicit
gains with the President and
my party, the PDP. ” The Vice
President, now politically dead,
alleged that the President ’s
profits from the messy deals
included N3 billion directly; their
joint billions of Naira campaign
fund; N100 million made to the
president ’s IBAD construction
company; N11 million given to
his Bell Comprehensive High
School to buy buses; N200
million used to clear some of
the president ’s debts; N100
million contributed to his
campaign fund; ugly arms deal
scams; funds given to his
African Leadership Forum and
to buy cars for women (married
or not), he was ensnaring to his
bed etc; N500 million made
available to the campaign chest
of the PDP ….
On Tuesday October 3, 2006,
Chief Dan Etete, a Petroleum
Resources Minister in General
Abacha ’s regime, opened a can
of worms on the Vice
President ’s ugly oil deals, and
how INTELS, (a company in
which the VP had substantial
interest and shared ownership
with two Italians, Messrs Gabriel
Volpi, and Angello Perruzi, and a
Switzerland based lawyer called
Lugano), sold a piece of land on
the water front in Port-Harcourt
to Shell for US$100m. The VP,
using INTELS, and (Pecos Nigeria
Limited, a business front of
Otunba Oyewole Fasawe),
blackmailed and pounced on
50% of Malabo ’s oil bloc 245.
Then with the connivance,
treachery and crookedness of
Shell, the Anglo Dutch Oil giant,
stole the entire bloc 245 from
Malabo at US$210m profit to
the Vice president and his
business cronies. Using similar
tricks, the VP ’s INTELS and
Associates cornered 20% stake
in oil bloc 247 belonging to
another party.
The VP’s defense was that Etete
should not be taken seriously
because he was in exile after
“ supervising the collapse of
Nigeria’s refineries…. and that
Etete stole over US $5bn from
the public treasury and
allocated the oil bloc in question
to himself when he was Minister
of Petroleum Resources. ” That
during the scam in question and
since, the Petroleum Ministry
has been under the firm grip of
the President, “all by himself,
these last seven and half
years. Every Nigerian is literate
to the fact that all enquiries on
oil and related matters go to
the president ’s desk…, When
the big masquerade behind
Etete is courageous enough to
come out, the Vice president
will respond. ” What this means
in essence is that others not
mentioned in Etete ’s report
profited along with the VP from
his oil projects ’ looting business.
NAIWU OSAHON Hon. Khu
Mkuu (Leader) World Pan-
African Movement); Ameer
Spiritual (Spiritual Prince) of
the African race; MSc.
(Salford); Dip.M.S; G.I.P.M;
Dip.I.A (Liv.); D. Inst. M; G.
Inst. M; G.I.W.M; A.M.N.I.M.
Poet, Author of the magnum
opus: ‘The end of
knowledge’. One of the
world’s leading authors of
children’s books; Awarded;
key to the city of Memphis,
Tennessee, USA; Honourary
Councilmanship, Memphis
City Council; Honourary
Citizenship, County of Shelby;
Honourary
Commissionership, County of
Shelby, Tennessee; and a
silver shield trophy by
Morehouse College, USA, for
activities to unite and uplift
the African race.
Naiwu Osahon, the Sage:
New World Order, renowned
author, philosopher of
science, mystique, leader
world Pan-African
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Abayomin70(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2010
wats d big deal let dem blow us all wat is there in a country dat can giv his people social amenities 1 no electricity but there is money to buy BOMB 2 my school is unstrike for tree month notin is done is jus wish GOD is one of us and KILL politian dat stil from public fund instanty
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Ymodulus: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
tell us more
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by chosen04(f): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2010
andyanders:

HENRY OKAH NEED NOT TO MAKE NOISE TO CLAIM INNOCENCE, RATHER ACCEPT THAT HE ACTUALLY KILLED. MS OGAH OF SSS, YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD TRAIN HER MORE. SEND HER TO USA AND ISREAL FOR MORE TRAINING. I LOVE THE WAY SHE PRESENTS HER COMMENTS AND ANSWERS QUESTIONS. SHE IS A VERY INTERLIGENT OFFICER. GOD BLESS YOU MS OGAH.

OKAH, SHOULD BE GIVEN LIFE SENTENCE OR DEATH PENALTY BECAUSE HE HAS TAKEN LIVES

Pls what planet are you from? So how does the verified statement from SSS means guilty sentence for HENRY OKAH? . . . . . . . . .Are you really referring to same Miss OGAH of SSS who is full of contradictions?
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Amalaaba: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
I want to align my position with that of KOBOJUNKIE entirely.
Muslims have been living in Nigeria with their Christian counterparts for centuries and we have never had this level of mutual mistrust.
I want all those responding to this lady to please stick to logic and intelligent argument not insults.

I understand that some of our people believe Israel is above reproach no matter what they do or say. Even when all U.N. officials have claimed they have continuously committed genocide they cannot be probed or sent to International Court of Justice like Taylor.
BBC and CNN, their media organ, will always discredit anything Islamic to accentuate fear in the minds of their people: On Wednesday, the topic of their WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY is Should Christians (5 million) leave Iraq with the wave of attacks on Churches, They did not ask the the Muslims should leave Iraq with the over 1 million (4 million are on exile) killed (directly/Indirectly) by Bush and his mainly Christian army. Hundreds of mosques have been similarly attacked in the past without such noise.

If the recent killings and kidnapping in Aba had happened in the north, BBC and CNN would have reported the perpetrators as ISLAMIST but they did not label these people who are basically Christians (bad ones) as CHRISTIANIST.
By the way, there are divisions in all these religions and Politicians use arguments that would enable them use and destroy us. Mandela's ANC killed and all people of all faith could be dangerous. Violence is not the exclusive preserve of a group of people no matter how much you try to malign them.
America spend more on military than all of Europe put together. US is by far the largest exporter of weapons (DEATH). US has refused to sign all treaties that would make it defensively accountable including the sales of LAND MINES which can continue to kill for over 100 years. US has more Nuclear weapon than the rest of the world, many more of their people are unemployed.

My point is that the Middle-East crisis is beyond us. It is even more dangerous for us to get involved in it as we have enough problem. Please my people lets not get involved. As for those asking for war, please stop! Ask Liberians, Ivory Coasters, Sierra-Leone ans e.t.c Our problem is our Politicians who earn N2million/month but considers N18,000/month too much for our budget for workers. I was at the FRSC recruitment center and i cried at the level of degradation of our youth. Lets leave this religious nonsense. Let the better one among them produce leaders who will take us the way of China (Neither Muslim nor Christian), South Korea, India (Mainly Hindu, Idol worshipers like our fore fathers) and many more who have made a success of their countries.

I hope they can find the importers of the arms without colored eyes and punish them. God help us!
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
^^^ YIKES . . . your views are so biased that I don't even want to attempt to poke it with a stick !!! I don't know how you convinced yourself they are similar to mine though . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by dexmond: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
If the arms is meant for Nigeria, why did the Nigerian custom report that it was "at the point of reloading the container that they became suspicious"?

SSS please explain.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by Orikinla(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2010
They were meant for Islamic terrorists in the North?
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by phreakabit(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2010
MY Schedule

December 2010

Celebrate Christmas and see as much as i can of 9ja (might be my last time of seeing it so beautiful)

January 2011

Ghana or Any country far away from 9ja with my Family.
Re: Seized Rockets Meant For Nigeria, Not Gaza — Sss by angrynaija: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
are we ever going to find out the identities of these hausa politicians who imported these arms and what their punishementsssssss will be? in other countries, illegal importation of firearms is a criminal offence punishable to the full extent of the law, but knowing how things are done in nigeria, i don't think the identities of these bastards will ever be revealed. it will be business as usual as these idiots will pay their way out, and then they will be allowed to keep and sell these arms to other criminals who will end up using it for the commission of crimes including armed robbery. yes, we are talking about more criminals with access to arms yet nigeria does not allow law-abiding citizens to own guns for their protection. this is what i mean in one of my posts that the criminals will always find a way to possess guns leaving law-abiding citizens mercy of these s o b's.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's Question On Nigerian Roads: Same Or Improved? / Tam David-West Is A Bastard - Asari Dokubo / Full List Of NNPC Senior Staff Retired By Dr. Katch You Nnpc Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.