Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,781 members, 7,837,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes – Ebunola, Media Co-ordinator, South-west ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes – Ebunola, Media Co-ordinator, South-west ! (714 Views)

We'll Correct Past Errors - Buhari Says At China-nigeria Forum (pics) / Buhari’s Campaign Co-ordinator Defects To PDP. / ‘PDP Planning To Stone Buhari In Ondo’ - Buhari Campaign Co-ordinator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes – Ebunola, Media Co-ordinator, South-west ! by wales(m): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2010
IBB and Norther consensus aspirantion
Well, one thing that I can assure you is that the North will certainly do justice to the entire issue of consensus candidate. I know my principal, General Babangida. When he was military President, he was able to put up some structures, build the economy, though a lot of people are not aware of what he has done. Based on the things General Babangida did when he was in office, I think the North, they are wise enough to know that Babangida is the best; not only for the North, but for the nation as at now.

I will give you an example. Today, there is no light, everybody is complaining that you have two, three hours of electricity. But do you remember that the same Babangida was the one who constructed and commissioned the Shiroro dam, that is giving us electricity today. The Egbin power station, also came from him. We are enjoying it today. But you see, it is not everybody that is aware that the economy on which we are sitting Babangida put it together. Let me give you an example. Port Harcourt Refinery Company, who established it? Babangida. Warri Refinery Company, who established it? Babangida. Kaduna Refinery Company, who established it? Babangida.

Have you checked the motive behind the establishment of all these organizations and the impact on the lives of Nigerians? Let me just digress a little bit. Do you know what would have happened if third mainland bridge in Lagos was not constructed? Do you think the entire Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island and neighbouring towns can ever be an economic centre. All those who are benefiting from the boom in the economy in Lagos today should also give thanks that somebody like Babangida constructed the bridge.

Today, Benin- Ore Road, has claimed many lives. If the way Babangida looks at construction of roads were the same ways other leaders are seeing it, Benin-Ore Road would have been better. So, what I am just trying to say is that Babangida has really impacted on Nigerians. Today we import fertilizer into Nigeria, why? Babangida was the one who established NAFCON, the National Fertilizer Company of Nigeria. They produce what is called urea fertilizer. Urea fertilizer was confirmed to be the best in the world. Not one of the best. The best fertilizer in the entire universe. The same way the Americans, Europeans came for crude oil in Nigeria was the same they came for Urea fertilizer. They pay in advance. Today that thing that Babangida established that has kept our farmers busy is gone. No other leader has really done as much as that.

I expect the North to put into consideration the benefit of Nigerians in their choice.

Gerontocracy
I am sure you know that because you are getting mature, does not mean that you have nothing to contribute to the society. Attimes, experience, you can’t buy it. You can’t buy experience. Babangida left power 17 years ago. You have had many presidents after him. What impact have you seen? If Nigerians want to have the same thing that they missed in the past 17 years. Then they can do something else. But if we do not want to go back then it is better we bring that person, who as a military leader went far. I will give you a very good example. In the course of Babangida’s government, you know that we had what we call the middle class. And after him it vanished. I will give you another example; you know what is called NEXIM bank? Nigeria import and export bank. And you know what NEXIM bank does? Your outfit here can access funds, the same way every other person can access funds to import or export products that will be of benefit to the Nigerian economy and that can help in the creation of employment in the country. Opportunities were always available to Nigerian youths and Nigerian people. Babangida established it.

This is why I said that experience like this cannot be thrown away. We need it now at this time of our national development. Especially when we do not seem to be getting things right so far, if we have been getting things right after him we will not have reason to be discussing him. It is simply that things are not right. So, we need somebody to come and do all the corrections. That is why we think the North should give Nigerians the best; the best that has been tested and proven. That is Babangida. We are saying that they could afford to help Nigeria put behind this mess by making Babangida the choice.

Allegations of dictatorhsip and serial murders
I don’t think so. You used the word alleged. He had been out of power for so long, I have never seen any court give a judgment that Babangida has killed anybody. I have never seen that. And if you want to talk about the time that people are really murdered it is in the last ten years.

Bola Ige was murdered in his house. The minister of Justice and Attorney General was murdered in his house.
All I know is that Babangida, by the time he came to government ran a military government. It was not a democratic setting. And today, you will agree with me that nobody wants a military government, because they come to power using the gun. And most decisions that a military government takes are done by a fiat through the barrel of the gun. So, a decision that has no input of National Assembly but through the barrel of the gun, you can imagine the kind of decision. So, you have to excuse a part of our history. We came from that background, Now we are not praying to have such any more. We are talking of a democratic setting. We are talking of people having dividends of this democratic setting. I only hear some people talking back about the military. It is no more about the military. He was a military officer. Yes. He has left the military for so many years. He has also mixed with the civilian populace. So, he is also part of us. But what we are saying is that the man has done so well.

I am yet to hear from those who are opposing him; I am ready to go on discussion with anybody who says that Babangida is not the best today. At least for the sake of the economy of Nigeria.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2010/nov/11/politics-11-11-2010-002.htm
Re: Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes – Ebunola, Media Co-ordinator, South-west ! by fASHiam(m): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2010
I'm afraid the seat of the presidency isn't that of a second chance for an individual. IBB failed us and that is all i want to remember him, people don't change as it change is very rear. He is still thesame old IBB.

For more information on the new Nokia nokia N8 plus best reviews of other Nokia and Blackberry phones; follow the below link
Re: Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes – Ebunola, Media Co-ordinator, South-west ! by Environer: 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2010
Yes indeed MKO died in vain. His brothers keep betraying him even in death.
Re: Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes – Ebunola, Media Co-ordinator, South-west ! by Solomon227(m): 12:20pm On Nov 11, 2010
Sorry who is IBB again? Is he a contestant or a corpse? Abeg we av put IBB where he belongs-History Museum
Re: Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes – Ebunola, Media Co-ordinator, South-west ! by asshunter(m): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
Ibb’ll Correct Past Mistakes
No Sir!

Me thinks that IBB will

"Mistaken all Future Corrections"

(1) (Reply)

Retrospect Of Classic Posts / Osisikankwu's Hit Man, 448 Other Kidnap Suspects Arrested • Pupils' School Bus, / Igbo And Yoruba Take Note -alj Harem Is A Divisive Force Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.