Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra (29934 Views)

Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed / Femi Fani-Kayode To Okorocha: 'Judas Of Igboland, Stop Crying' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by mufex(m): 9:14am On Oct 25, 2019
muykem:
FFK is a useless kid that refused to grow up at age of about 60years. Whenever we are preaching against war and IPOB is beating drum, this is what we are saying. Nobody save any arsenal during the war, in fact, the stronger the opposition, the deadly the arsenal needed. God himself need to killed all the first born in Egypt before they allowed Israel to go.
pls, God didnt kill anybody. Some idiots that wrote the bible did with their imagination.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 25, 2019
gidgiddy:

Yes Gowon said "police action" but there was no police. It was the Nigerian Army that invaded the East, not the Nigerian Police. Police action was just no different than the declaration of war by Gowon
Yeah, The Geneva convention on law of armed conflict permits the use of extreme measures in cases where the very existence of a nation is threatened or in self defense insomuch as a military advantage is achieved which in the case of Nigeria was part of what demoralised the Biafran fighters

Take one example of US attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki which led to the end of WW11

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by UncleJudax(m): 9:18am On Oct 25, 2019
Kentura:
Gowon needs to be tried in an international court.. Mans a beast!
May never happen. But he is feeling the heat in Plateau state. The "owners" of Nigeria are dealing with him and his minions

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by BluntBoy(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2019
PHIPEX:
Going by your logic Crime against humanity should be expunged from the dictionary after all, it's all about war.

Many lies were told about that war.

If at all, Ojukwu was more guilty of crime against humanity, worst still against his own people just so everyone could blame Britain and Nigeria.

According to Robert Goldstein, the foreign public relations expert Ojukwu contracted to launder Biafra’s image to the outside world, by refusing to allow food aid through the land borders, the Biafran war chief contributed to the death of thousands of starving Biafran children during the three-year Nigerian civil war.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/06/01/historical-excursion-ojukwu-starved-thousands-biafran-children-death/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by davillian(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2019
TVSA:

That's how war is everywhere. Harry S Truman bombed Japan twice and killed thousands of civilians. No one was trialed. George Bush Jr declared war in Iraq without concrete evidence, and thousand civilians died and he's walking free today. I'm not moralizing what the soldiers did o. But Gowon had no choice. He had to defend his country. He's a soldier for Christ sake.
He knew the evils he committed that's why he has given his life totally to God hopping to make heaven.
I was thinking he has apologised and asked for forgiveness before.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by anEye4anEye: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2019
muykem:
FFK is a useless kid that refused to grow up at age of about 60years. Whenever we are preaching against war and IPOB is beating drum, this is what we are saying. Nobody save any arsenal during the war, in fact, the stronger the opposition, the deadly the arsenal needed. God himself need to killed all the first born in Egypt before they allowed Israel to go.

At the boded, what’s your point? Are you saying Nigerians had to kill 3 million innocent Biafran civilians before Biafran allowed Nigeria go

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Abokisulay(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2019
Because he is a coward
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by BluntBoy(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2019
Faeton:
I will advise we research the history (Precedence) of what he is saying and understand better. Nigerian youth read your history please.

There is nothing to understand better in the nonsense that FFK spewed.

Ojukwu should take all the blames for whatever happened to those children and women that starved to death.

First, he went into a war he was totally unprepared for. Do you know that as at the time Ojukwu called for secession and dared a police action, he didn't have one single gun to give to his men?

Do you also know that Ojukwu was the one who allowed Biafrans to starve to death?

This was what Robert Goldstein said while resigning from the job that Ojukwu gave him during the war:

"I cannot in all conscience serve you any longer. Nor can I be a party to suppressing the fact that your starving thousands have the food, medicine and milk available to them…..it can and is ready to be delivered through international organizations to you. Only your constant refusal has stopped its delivery.”
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/06/01/historical-excursion-ojukwu-starved-thousands-biafran-children-death/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by iamkneeyi: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2019
Gowon is a,murder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by SamOyovwi: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2019
God bless you for this point
LegendHer0:

He had a duty of defending his country as a soldier against disintegration as enshrined in the constitution.

He was a soldier that had to do what needs to be done coz even if it’s not Gowon it will be someone else.

You all made it look like Gowon started the war. You also made it look like the Biafran side never killed any Nigerian soldier or civilian.

C’mon it’s a war and each side had a duty to defend their own and war always lead to casualties around the world. If Ojukwu birthday can be celebrated then Gowon also should have a chance to celebrate his birthday.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by ZombieDestroyer: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2019
tunary:
[s]An Igbo Lady by name precious has finally succeeded in capsizing the brain of FFK because of her sweet pussy. FFK now thinks like an Igbo man[/s]

So any day you say truth in your life... we should all conclude that it was caused by the pvssy of your wife?!!

You kids in this forum like to say nonsense!!
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Abokisulay(m): 9:29am On Oct 25, 2019
Your opinion is useless.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by TVSA: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2019
davillian:

He knew the evils he committed that's why he has given his life totally to God hopping to make heaven.
I was thinking he has apologised and asked for forgiveness before.
He has always been a Christian. His parents were missionaries. Or you thought he was a muslim? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Omoslim26: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2019
henrynwafor:
FFK is among the few that does not find it difficult to say their mind in this country

what stupid mind is he saying a man dat talks like a woman is nothing but a coward nigeria is not d only country dat fought a civil war people like him have refused to let us move on
and was he the one dat counted the figure of igbo casualty in d civil war
dat figure is nothing bt a propanganda

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by omenka(m): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2019
LegendHer0:

Lol, I know the history of Nigeria even more deeper than you can think.

What FFK is saying is just plain rubbish. He is a deranged adult that take pleasure in stoking the fire of hatred and attacking people all to appeal to his illiterate and hateful base.

I keep advising these people to wake up to reality. Why they cant see that ffk is simply riding their emotions beats me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Truthbites: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2019
FFK, I second....
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by dankt: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2019
The hypocrit is at it again. He is only trying to score cheap points. Igbos beware, it will soon be your turn for FFK to abuse you. A man of no principle.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by BluntBoy(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2019
gidgiddy:

As I said before, they dont teach Nigerian history in Schools so that people like you can live in ignorance. So you think that the killing of Igbos was because of the Nzeogwu coup? Igbos were being killed long before that. The Jos massacre of 1945 and the Kano killings of 1953 are two examples of Northerners killing Igbos, long before there was any coup.

The simple question is, what caused the civil war? Ojukwu and Gowon had a meeting in Aburi Ghana and agreed on 12 points, some of which you mentioned above. In return for Ojukwu recognising Gowon as head of state and the Eastern Region remaining loyal to Nigeria, Gowon had to implement the 12 points agreed upon. Of the 12 points agreed, the most important was that Gowon would not change the 4 Regional structure of Nigeria unless all 4 military Governors of the time agreed with him. On the 26th of May 1967, Gowon, without consulting anybody, announced decree 14 which abolished the 4 Regional structure and replaced it with 12 states. Having broken the most important point of the Aburi agreement, representatives of the Eastern Nigeria consultative forum that represented the 20 provinces that made up the Eastern Region, met in Enugu on the 28th of May and voted for the Eastern Region to be a separate country. Ojukwu declared Biafra 2 days later and the Gowon declared war. It was after Gowon had declared war on Ojukwu that Ojukwu boasted he would win.

The important thing to note in this story is that Gowon caused the war.

It was Gowon that broke the Aburi agreement which left Ojukwu with no choice than to declare Biafra

It was also Gowon who first declared war

Igbos like playing the victim's card.

One of the causes of the Civil War is the January 1966 coup adjudged an Igbo coup, and with good reasons too. Many Northern soldiers were killed as if it had been planned, and not one single Igbo official or military personnel lost their lives.

The riots of Kano and Jos have absolutely no bearing on the Civil War. Even the riot of Kano was targeted at Yorubas, but Igbos suffered the brunt.

If you check history, you will see that the Northerners had problems at different times with Southerners and not necessarily with Igbos as a tribe.

In 1945, in Jos, they had problems with self-rule promoted by Igbo leaders. In 1953, in Kano, they had problems with Yoruba leaders. Igbos were merely unfortunate casualties.

But the massacre of 1966 was due to the January 1966 coup. And it was further worsened when Igbos in Kano went about provoking the natives of the land by mocking the death of Ahmadu Bello.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Omoslim26: 9:45am On Oct 25, 2019
gabbasin:
I hope ffk will stop celebrating obasanjo too, because obj is part of the people that 'murdered 3million biafrans'

so you dey there wen them dey count the casualties ba?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by LordPsalm(m): 9:45am On Oct 25, 2019
But we have the money/power hungry lgbo politicians celebrating him.
What a shame
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by donbachi(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Which one is achara soup?
Date abia girl and thank me later
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by donbachi(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2019
Burgerlomo:

Biko, is Achara soup a version of Efo Riro (Vegetable Stew) cool
no na one grass like dat
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Alanpoza007: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2019
gidgiddy:

Gowon started the war. It was Gowons refusal to implement the Aburi agreement he signed with Ojukwu in Ghana that started the war.

What Gowon fought for was not to keep Nigeria one, he fought for his fellow Northerners to dominate Nigeria, politically and economically.

Had Gowon had the unity of Nigeria at heart, he would have implemented the Aburi agreement. He could not implement the Aburi agreement because that agreement prevented the Northerners from dominating Nigeria

That's why the history of Nigeria is not taught in schools, to prevent people like you from knowing the truth
This talk of history of Nigeria not been taught in schools is one lie that has gone on for too long that many people have assumed it to be true. For God's sake, History is an Arts just as Chemistry is a Science subject and so both of these subjects cannot be taught to all students except those students concerned. In some courses in the University, History is taken as an alternative to Government to get admission. So which History are those Universities referring to?

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by gidgiddy: 9:55am On Oct 25, 2019
isthatso:

maybe you forgot that it was Ojukwu that started the war and hat gotten as afar as Benin and was planning to invade Ibadan before Gowon retaliated. How about you start to blame Ojukwu for STARTING a needless war HE WAS ADVISED BY HIS OWN GENERALS HE COULD NOT WIN?

Long before Ojukwu I evaded Benin, the war had already started. The Nigerian Army were already on Ogoja and Portharcourt before then

The war started on 6th July 1967 when Nigerian troops invaded the Biafran border town of Gakem in Ogoja. Ojukwu invaded the the Midwest around September/October of that year.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Rapmoney(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2019
LegendHer0:

I’ve read it countless times!

FFK still remains a lunatic.
Between you and FFK, I would pick you as the lunatic! Gospel truth!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by tajualesh: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2019
henrynwafor:
i support your view
which ethnic caused the war?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2019
But you can celebrate the man the led the 3 million people to death. There are questions we need to ask if I know this guy Faani Kayode l will school him he needs to understand some certain things

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by tiredoflife(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
War is not a joke!
There are still clear archives of WW2, everybody gets bombed, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, are recent examples

Yeah they do
But can you show us where biafan army bombed civilians smiley
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by wink2015(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2019
Go On With One Nigeria ! GOWON !

That was the slogan Gowon indoctrinated people like Abdulsalami Abubakar ( Former military head of state ) and President Muhammadu Buhari when they were cadet officers in the military.

Till today the ONE NIGERIA slogan is still burning like fire whether the country is making progress or not.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Successlane: 10:01am On Oct 25, 2019
Cyberterror:
I know that yorubas will say that tight Igbo pvssy is what has kept FFK's brain on reverse mode but let's keep watching him grin

Are you Yoruba?

Why are you mocking on behalf of Yoruba?

The truth is, what you actually meant is " tight Igbo pvssy is what has kept FFK's brain on reverse mode" - before nko?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2019
gidgiddy:

Long before Ojukwu I evaded Benin, the war had already started. The Nigerian Army were already on Ogoja and Portharcourt before then

The war started on 6th July 1967 when Nigerian troops invaded the Biafran border town of Gakem in Ogoja. Ojukwu invaded the the Midwest around September/October of that year.

I stand corrected

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion / Tinubu To Wike: If I Ask For Free Land, Don’t Give Me….. Deliver Abuja Metroline / APC Crisis: Governors Call Emergency Meeting As Osinbajo Meets Reps-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.