Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,149 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately (27347 Views)

Pantami: We’re Expecting Twitter To Open Nigerian Office In Q1 2022 / Coronavirus: Atiku Asks FG To Pay N10,000 To Each Household, As He Donates N50M / Sowore’s Detention: UK Government Asks FG To Respect Rule Of Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by omohlexy: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
Saboteur! He has finished collecting money from Sowore just to abandon him in jail now he has migrated to collecting money from African countries that have been sabotaging our economy with poisonous and substandard goods thereby putting our hard working local producers in bondage. Shame on you! Gani would be turning in his grave now.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by MoIbrahim: 10:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
Wetin better person like this dey carry mouth talk so?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by chinedumoooo: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2019
This man makes authoritative statements as if he is the president of this country.
The border must be close to control the illegal importation of goods and also motivate local farmers.
Most people will not take you serious any longer because your recent statements are outrageous and unpatriotic.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by etrange: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
LeoThaGreat:
This suggestion by Femi Falana is welcomed only in sane environments.
When Patrice Talon became president of Benin Republic, he met with Buhari at Seme, and I'm sure Buhari must have told him to do something positive about the smuggling issues Nigeria is having through them. He's twice met with Buhari afterwards that I know of, yet no positive effort was done by him.
The Nigerien president, hmm, this one must be Buhari's padi; I'm 1000% sure Buhari has urged him to do something positive to curb Nigeria's smuggling issues through them, but no, he didn't listen.

They turned the president of the most populous black country on earth, and Africa's most progressive economy into a barking dog.

Now that president Buhari has decided to play his last card, everybody's on his neck.

Kilode?
Must Nigerians continue to suffer because of her neighbours?
I have to scold the Nigerian government too, but, I reserve my comment for now.

Your first statement does not agree with the rest of your comment.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by olusledge: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
yemex04:
These so called human right activists like Femi Falana might just be saboteurs afterall..I do not see any reason why a patrotric citizen would go to a country who is at the receiving end of his country's policies and condemn same publicly in solidarity with another nation..Even though the policy may be harsh on some Nigerians right now, but no doubt , it's in the overall interest of all Nigerians.So even if Falana is talking about the law,(I have my reservation anyway)he has to be loyal to his country first..His statement seems to be protecting the interest of other countries first ahead of his country but people like him would still come and condemn the Government for massive unemployment in the country..I lost my respect for Mr Falana on this..because the truth is, Whatever the situation of things are in Nigeria, economic strength of folks like him would never be affected badly...He is a billionare by all standard!
Calm down sir , take your time and read again ..
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
In the words of Jacob Zuma: Femi Falana and hypocrisy are very close friends!

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by alfsalami: 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
This man is fast losing relevance

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by MusaChukwudi: 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2019
ekestic1976:

Shows that you know next to nothing about International Affairs! Which school did you go to? A Trade Centre?

And what do you think you know? Stop taking nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
For what?
The border should remain close.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by InvertedHammer: 10:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
/
He is a Human Rights Activist

...and not an International Trade lawyer

/

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by HowDareU: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
What public display of comedy. Open the borders for what please? So that the status quo will continue right? shame!

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Psalmistproject: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
THIS has been my fear. You don't sow back all your harvest because of the overwhelming benefits.
Why these bothers are being closed has very little to do with encouraging internal production.

SEE THE GAME: There are people that have lobbyed their way to the presidency to supply rice through air and water passing through the approved channels but here is the challenge.

The cost of importation recently through customs has been hiked to ridiculous level and will not serve these chosen few anointed by the federal government to monopolize the rice business well seeing the borders are porous.
Hence, they have to shut down the border completely in a desperate attempt to hoodwink the hoi-polloi.

ASK YOURSELVES WHY THERE HAS BEEN NO FUEL PRICE HIKE FOR YEARS. HEHE THE GOVT OUT OF GREED HURRIEDLY JACK IT UP TO 145 A PRICE THAT CAN NOT BE INCREASED ANY FURTHER WITHOUT COGENT EXCUSE .

NoW IT'S BORDER DUTY MANIPULATION AND BANK CHARGES.

NI

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Tundeobama(m): 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
How to get affordable quality Europe pant trousers in NigeriaEurope brands for male and are Top designer in wholesale and retail purchase.Any colour for pants kindly dm. By clicking my profile to get my whatapps contact Customers outside lagos will pay a token for delivery.
Please don’t message if you not ready for immediate order.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by TemmyT002(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
It is obvious that those who are abusing Falana only read the headlines

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by nasoeb: 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
ekestic1976:

Shows that you know next to nothing about International Affairs! Which school did you go to? A Trade Centre?
You wey go trade union school, oya tell us.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Biglogo(m): 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
I here by declared that Falana is unpatriotic Nigerian and a payed saboteur.... Shikena

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Sunnydoo: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
I concur
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
This man just explained the rational way to go about the border smuggling issues but small propaganda has already confused my people.

Nigerians and stupid sufferhead, suffer-suffer for nothinggrin

The same governments borrowing to steal, leaving you & your unborn generations in hock to foreign debtors, they will keep the borders closed for four years and nothing good will still come out of it except stone-filled rice.

Tell me Buhari, his ministers and their families are eating naija rice, wearing naija fabrics and riding Innoson cars? Buhari rides around in the latest S550 (fully armoured) while taxing your dumbasses to death when you manage to bring in ten year old Japanese cars. Himself and his family wear top of the range designer apparel, yet they save the forex the masses would have used to buy akube so they can embezzle it and hide in their foreign accounts and mansions.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
yemex04:
These so called human right activists like Femi Falana might just be saboteurs afterall..I do not see any reason why a patrotric citizen would go to a country who is at the receiving end of his country's policies and condemn same publicly in solidarity with another nation..Even though the policy may be harsh on some Nigerians right now, but no doubt , it's in the overall interest of all Nigerians.So even if Falana is talking about the law,(I have my reservation anyway)he has to be loyal to his country first..His statement seems to be protecting the interest of other countries first ahead of his country but people like him would still come and condemn the Government for massive unemployment in the country..I lost my respect for Mr Falana on this..because the truth is, Whatever the situation of things are in Nigeria, economic strength of folks like him would never be affected badly...He is a billionare by all standard!

Lawyers don’t think that way sometime...they always want to stay on the side of the law no matter what it says....
my mind goes to the case of the lady who ran to Syria at 17 to join Islamic state ISIS fighters, now she wants to return to the UK unremirseful claiming no one had proof she killed anyone with jihad style....she even claimed jihad isn’t wrong but a retaliation against what the uk and US had done....
the uk thinks it’s danger to bring a potential sucide bomber back into their country just because she’s a citizen..but some human rights lawyer don’t care..they raised reasons why the lady must be allowed back into the uk...even if she was gonna blow up Buckingham palace where the queen herself lives

3 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
just femi falana. ...what can one man do?

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by FarahAideed: 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
yemex04:

You sadist hate to hear the truth
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by bluefilm: 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
This man is the real reason why you should never trust any lawyer in your entire life.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Balenciagabrain: 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
yemex04:
I hope you read that piece before commenting. He has a point and also spoke with understanding. What Nigeria has done is called breaching a contract that is binding on her as a member of the ECOWAS community. It holds later repercussions that might not tell well for the growth and trade relations. To put in simple terms he said we should explore other options in other to not quickly arrive at a breach of contract.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by MexManuel(m): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2019
yemex04:

This whole boarder closure stuff will have great effects on ordinary citizens. Now FG are forming boss, disregarding the whole ECOWAS free movement stuff.
When those countries turn against us.
Na still we, common citizen go feel am pass.

Wetin FG suppose do na to collaborate with neighbouring countries to control smuggling and then place embargo or restrict the importation of goods that we can conveniently produce to meet our need.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2019
2019 and the best policy our affidavit president is to close borders and be chasing people with bags of rice. Many Nigerians are outrightly dvmb and can be manipulated easily. The budget was passed and education was not considered as a project that is worth upgrading and people are here debating smuggling and rice ban. Our senators spend more than half of our budget through reccurent expenditure an people are clapping that Buhari closed border. No one is talking about the debts that this government is piling up. But what we have to show much concern is to close borders. Everyday there is something in the news that makes one wish that Nigeria is destroyed like the cows that were struck by lightning.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by kay7: 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
Must Femi Falana always talk?
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 25, 2019
XcapeTrip&Tours present XCAPETRIP to takwa which will hold this December 26 to 28, 3days and night of a splendid getaway on the island of takwabay in Lagos.. if you're interested pls contact us on whatsapp 09055231074 Check more info in the flier below and also some pictures of last XCAPETRIPS. It's always fun, you don't wanna miss it ��

Follow on Snapchat : @iamtjb01

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Chubhie: 1:08am On Oct 25, 2019
There are better ways of fighting this smuggling menace instead of total shut down of the borders and not allow normal goods passage.

You fighting car, rice and arms smuggling? Why then is our beloved alomo scarce? Na that alomo pain me pass....

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by kayjegs: 2:39am On Oct 25, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
2019 and the best policy our affidavit president is to close borders and be chasing people with bags of rice. Many Nigerians are outrightly dvmb and can be manipulated easily. The budget was passed and education was not considered as a project that is worth upgrading and people are here debating smuggling and rice ban. Our senators spend more than half of our budget through reccurent expenditure an people are clapping that Buhari closed border. No one is talking about the debts that this government is piling up. But what we have to show much concern is to close borders. Everyday there is something in the news that makes one wish that Nigeria is destroyed like the cows that were struck by lightning.

One of the few sense-making posts here. To add to it, I don't know how closing the border is helping internal development with the stupid budget being passed. No plan to develop science and technology, no power to drive the economy. Even without closing the border, if power can be improved, one will be surprised at how Nigerians will create jobs (because we are smart), small and medium scale enterprise will increase, agricultural processing will rise, goods and services produced by Nigerians will compete to an extent with imported goods based on pricing. I am more than 35 years old and we have had stony rice (olokuta rice) in Nigeria since I was less than 10 years old and more than 25 years later, people are still celebrating this as if it means economic development. When Japan and the Asian tigers were closing their borders, they did it with strategy, making sure all things are in place to support internal development. Their budget for science and research, as well as education, was very high. Moreover, Nigeria is breaching the ECOWAS contract that the country is a part of and we are here shouting.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by 400billionman: 2:41am On Oct 25, 2019
The FG should use the opportunity of the border closure to develop all the Sea Ports in the country.

Nigeria has lost alot to smuggling.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by adelumolo(m): 3:14am On Oct 25, 2019
God punish this stupid man. He chose Ghana and other saboteurs countries above his father land.
Re: Femi Falana Asks FG To Re-open Nigerian Land Borders Immediately by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 25, 2019
If you fail to plan,you plan to fail,how much was given to farmers this year to boast their production?only God knows,if we get it right d first time,there won't be need to be crying by now, staple foods have turned to gold over night,why because demand exceed supply,why not make it 50:50,then 70:30,then closure completely.No,when we have useless policy here and there, SON that is meant to be in sea ports,borders and all that,the law restrict them from doing that, it's only when clients refuse to settle with custom,that's when they call SON to come and check, our government needs to wake up,if not we are all heading to disaster soon, very soon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buratai Orders Evacuation Of Stranded Passengers On Maiduguri-damboa Road / Ngige: South East, Not Marginalised / Police Declare Idris Abdulaziz Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.