Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs (21671 Views)

Vehicle Guns And Bullet Coming From Niger Republic Intercepted By Customs / The Containers Containing Expired Rice That Customs Seized At The Port - Photos / Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by batstan(m): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Although am not a Buharist but on the closing of border ,I'm in support of that, the local rice i bought is neat & free of stone 19k, if they package it in the bag of foreign and sold it for me for 26k , i wouldn't have know that the content is local .
I can supply you @ 16k.
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by CanadaOrBust: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
How can rice expire?? It is either it is spoilt and tastes bad or it is not
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by donprinyo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
Most stubborn man ever
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Cmanforall: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
cry Which type of rice?
What does the expired rice look like?
What is expired in the rice?
Is the rice growing moulds?
Can we see the pictures?

I remember back then during the military era, when people would buy bags of rice when it's at a lower price... Since it's usual for the 'Mber' months to record high inflation. No one ever checked the expiry date, rather it's assessment is based on the look. And some people bthen would have rice for years.

Although rice do have expiry dates, but it is rather best by date. The earlier you eat before the date, the better.

I might be wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by thundafire: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
6 billion daily or monthly are u on drugs
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by planetx: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2019
Rubbish nothing like expiry date on rice
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Omoboricash(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:
expired indeed

Most of these criminals calling themselves customs have opened shops for their wives and girlfriends. They are now the major distributors of all these seized items. They even smuggle in too.
Pls write the petition against them. Submit to appropriate authority. Surely ur petition shall be attended to
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Cmanforall: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
eghuan1:
I didn't know rice had expiring date.
Check my post up there
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by MusaChukwudi: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:
expired indeed

Most of these criminals calling themselves customs have opened shops for their wives and girlfriends. They are now the major distributors of all these seized items. They even smuggle in too.

Ok, please back your statement up with concrete evidence. Don't disappoint me ooo!
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Reference(m): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
Two things of note. Increased revenue, not enough scanners. This is the summary of the Nigeria business atmosphere. Revenue does not correlate to better services or better infrastructure. You will be constrained to ask what or where all these revunue goes to.

Ordinarily you will expect that the first point of investment will be towards sustaining and improving the goose that lays the golden egg but in Nigeria, no way. Perhaps that is why importers found their way to Benin Republic in the first place. I just cannot see how Nigerua will benefit ultimately from the border closure if the factors that led to the avoidance of our ports are not addressed in the first place, ports which were hitherto congested, maladministered and highly inefficient in the first place.

We should have competitive ways, means and tools to conduct international trade before we can even consider regulating or moderating trade. If we don't have this we risk making life difficult for genuine and strategic imports as well. Not everything that cones through Benin is rice, a lot of exports go through various land borders to the west coast as well.

So while we shut the land boarders concerted efforts should be made to expand port operations, open up more capacity and enhance customs checks for speedy, efficient and cheaper trade to make sure that the 'Benin Republic' factor is ended once and for all. New legislation is urgently required here.
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
CaptVerida:
So bad!! Thank God it was intercepted!!

Yeah rite.

Like it makes any difference. The ones you have been eating how many of them do you know that are not rebagged expires.

Leave that thing
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by okewumi: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Before, this rice will be smuggled through land border and poor masses will buy.
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by okewumi: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2019
Someone shared an experience two years ago when a container with frozen Turkey from Seme border broken down and they were unable to fix the truck. After three days, they were unable to sleep in their area because of the odour as a result of spoiled Turkey.
The owner came back after third day with another truck, used chemical to clean the Turkey, repackage it and drove off.
Any country with a porus border is dead while alive. I know unborn children with senses will thank Mr President for what he did, not this present rice generation grin

2 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Unie30: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
It is time the Nigerian Government invest aggressively in agriculture.
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by lereinter(m): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
6billion naira daily

You people are just satanic, father of lies
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Mummymahdi(f): 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
they will still repackage and sell. bring it to north some pl are dying of hunger
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by TemmyT002(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Jeez
Expired rice
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Kureh(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
U people try but where will be the rice going after showing it to the world
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by ZombieTERROR: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
batstan:

Trust me, you knowest not your President.

I know that thief alright
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by eghuan1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Cmanforall:

Check my post up there

Thank you for that, but the write up only talks about spoilt brown rice which Nigerians don't eat. It's parboiled rice that we eat here and that has an indefinite shelf life.

Except it has been been kept in a wet environment
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Legendguru: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by MusaChukwudi: 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

I know that thief alright

Yeah the thief must be your FATHER!
embarassed
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by ZombieTERROR: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Yeah the thief must be your FATHER!
embarassed

Keep yapping your mouth

I will soon cause your ban on the forum
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by tfelicityk(m): 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
That bags of rice seized should be destroy immediately.... I don't trust those custom officials
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by MusaChukwudi: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Keep yapping your mouth

I will soon cause your ban on the forum

Na Igbo forum?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic Priests And A Professor Attacked In Enugu / Cult War In Rivers: 16 Killed In Shootout / Man Rescued While Trying To Commit Suicide In Jigawa State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.